ARISE African Icons Collective – Spring/Summer 2013: Maki Oh (UPDATED)

Maki Oh’s collection at the ARISE African Icons Collective show at NYFW features sheer fabrics , tie and dye prints and metallics. She presents an array of textures and adds a playful movement with the fringe and tassel details.

View the collection below:

Credit: www.mbfashionweek.com & HauteFashionAfrica

8 Comments on ARISE African Icons Collective – Spring/Summer 2013: Maki Oh (UPDATED)
  • Naveah September 7, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I absolutely enjoyed this show!!!! Tiffany Amber and Maki Oh BROUGHT IT!!! Ozwald Boateng is truly a show man, I loved his Ankara inspired jackets and of course the eye candies he offered lol. I wasn’t feeling Gavin Rajah and Tsemaye Ginitie lines, the latter lacked a cohesiveness and the former just didn’t interest me though I loved the choice of colors.

• onnari September 7, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I knew fringes were goin to b big soon. Nicey nice!

• chike September 7, 2012 at 3:05 pm

well done Maki Oh, you are growing on me

• konnie September 7, 2012 at 4:13 pm

well done

• R September 7, 2012 at 5:41 pm

2nd outfit is nice

• Non professional opinion September 7, 2012 at 11:18 pm

This designer has found the balance between wearability and keeping the customer guessing. I’m at a stage in my life where I consider every purchase because I’ve done my years of buying nonsense and following trends. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy several of these pieces. A lot of designers at home and abroad seem to be designing the same old thing in a different color/print and calling it new. Boring!
    The first dress is gorge and I must have it. And number 4 is a contender if I can figure out a chic solution for the bare-boobage.
    Congrats Maki oh. Great show!

• Jolie- blue velvet marquee September 10, 2012 at 1:43 pm

This is gorgg

• LOUDA September 10, 2012 at 2:17 pm

The model’s niple on number six picture from down is out.