Posted on Friday, November 2nd, 2012 at 8:00 PM

By Damilare Aiki

BN brought you the first photos and list of winners, now you can enjoy the full scoop from the 2012 GIAMAs. On Saturday 20th October 2012, the inaugural edition of the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards took place at the Morris Cultural Center, Houston, Texas, USA.

The event was hosted by Nollywood star Jim Iyke, who arrived in a Maybach and saw in attendance over 1500 guests including some of the biggest stars in the African entertainment industry including  Ramsey Nouah, Van Vicker, Desmond Elliot, John Dumelo, Uche Jombo, Majid Michel, Monalisa Chinda, Emem Isong, Frank Rajah, Susan Peters, Uti Nwachukwu, Alex Ekubo, Belinda EffahPascal Atuma and Chet Anaekwe.

There were performances by Nigerian artsite, J Martins, US Based music acts, Seyi Brown and Wamilele, Liberian-born US artist, Jodi, Eno and comic act, Femi-The-Entertainer, who mimicked President Barrack Obama.

BN Exclusive Buzz: Nollywood star, Jim Iyke is currently filming his reality show, Jim Iyke Unscripted. MTV Africa Crew was present to capture the superstar for the reality show.

Photos
Arrivals

Inside

Backstage

Watch Highlights from the Inaugural Golden Icons Movie Academy Awards

Photo Credit: Austin (EAI Photography)

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 64 Comments on “Jim Iyke in a Maybach, Majid Michel, Ramsey Nouah & Uti Nwachukwu Looking Dapper & Lots More! All the Scoop & Official Photos from the 2012 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards”

Comments
    • Rachael Kelly-Taylor November 2, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Ramsey Nouah is looking hot.

• Violette November 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Is Desmond Idiot cross-eyed? with his funny suit

• ij November 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Eya i know you wanted to stand out and you did just that…. erm but not in a good way

• sauce November 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM

People just love to run their fingers online. Your rather lame critic did nothing but displayed your ignorance for the world to see. You have no fashion acumen and you’re grossly wrong with your assertion. This guy is one of the best dressed man in Houston. Do your research!

• NINA November 2, 2012 at 8:59 PM

so we shud jump…he mite b one of d best dressed in Houston to u guys while his dressing mite be a no no 2 otherS, 4 me its a NO NOOOOOOO… bite ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HISS

• Pearl November 3, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Best dressed man in Houston? Of cos it can only be in america, as u lot av no sense in class style. Dressed up looking like a bag of skittles; is it a costume party? Best dressed in Houston indeed am guessing amongst pimps yea?

• keechi November 6, 2012 at 4:27 AM

They don’t know bout that Bengjof Couture…you tell ‘em Sauce! haha

• keechi November 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM

call me crazy but i kinda like it in a weird way….

• lily November 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Jim Iyke looking super hot! Av fallen in larv #blushing#

• kenora November 2, 2012 at 4:23 PM

l just luv majid,he dnt like saying wht he is wearing..

• X factor November 2, 2012 at 4:23 PM

No Rags….Nice one

• Jiddah November 2, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Susan Peters……why not wear natural nail polish for your fingers to look subtle

• Naaaa November 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Susan Porshe u mean, where have u been? LOL

• Say the truth November 2, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Ees haroween parry?!

• lily November 2, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Ramsey puts “H” in the word “HOT”!!! Jim Iyke I think u would have made a name for yourself in fashion design because you sure got style(just saying instead of that attempt at music); Jay martins and Desmond I see you guys o :) okay Uti i have to give it to you,that suit is tight! finally that pic with monalisa and Emem Isong got all d ladies looking sexy and decent. Chigozie Atuanya looking good too.
      Overall….Ramsey & Jimmy stole the show…Nollywood sure got some fine brothers mehn:)

• quad November 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM

what kind of crappy event is this and on top of that the presenter and nonsensical black carpet peeps dnt even knw how to compose themselves. “i am designered out” what in the world is that, looking like someone going to a fancy dress party. Plus the one trying so hard to force the American accent. So tired of substandard award events, presnters and wanna be giuliana and ryan seacrest

• kem November 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM

HOTNESS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Realest Dude

• Mana November 2, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Jim Iyke is a handsome man and always well dressed. But he like to show up, I hate it in men and women!

• didikan November 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM

can sm1 pls tell me some movies susan peters starred in cos it seems out of all the naija films ave watched, shes not in any yet theres a lotta buzz aba her

• Cate Giblin November 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

She has been in at least 20 movies. Some of her old movies: Wasted Effort (2002), The Hammer (2002), The Hammer (2002), Songs of Sorrow (2002), Squad 23 (2003), Stolen Bible (2004). Some recent ones: Timeless Passion (2009), Bursting Out (2009), Black Heat (2010), Catwalk Series (2011), The Ransom Yoruba Movie (2011), Love Entrapped (2011). There are many other movies she has acted in. In most of her movies she is normally the second lead actress and not the main Lead. These are the only ones I can remember. I hope this helps. I don’t understand why people hate on her.

• 2cute2stress November 3, 2012 at 3:59 PM

my bro/sis…me haff tayad oo,personally nt seen her in any movie…………..buh shes evrywhr n peeps kpz calln her nollywood actress….

• Blackknight November 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Is it just me???It’s like all dem naija babes for Houston wowo well well…Honestly our girls back home really dey step up big time, compared to all these wayo babes I dey see here.
      Desmond Idiot – sorry elliot …… what kind of hair style is that? Even with that glasses. You are too fat to be wearing such hair style…..No hating! Dreads doesn’t go well on round or fat face…..Better on a straight / leaner face.
      Jim and Ramsey exude sex…nice one mates.
      Uti,big up…..you are tight.
      Man in Pink suit, may God have mercy on you.
      Sheyi Brown…you are stepping up.like your combination.
      All my Ghananian brothers, (Dumebi and Majic) tumb up…una try well well.

• K November 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Uti trust me, your hair is so stupid.

• Anonymous November 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Jim iyke is so full of himself! Smh!

• huh? November 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Razzzzz………what is it with fat flesh all over the place??

• mm November 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM

i love susan peters look! my girl uche jumbo is looking too fine..monalisa looks nice as always :)

• Chattyzee November 2, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I love Emma Emerson’s dress, she looked stunning! Only Ramsey Noah impressed me joor http://nigerianmoviereviews.blogspot.com/

• konnie November 2, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Lovely. Lovely. Susan, you look good in your outfit. Lady in black lace, I feel your

• Bex November 2, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I’ve always had a secret crush on Jim Iyke….dude is hot!

• Beverly November 2, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Well I never…wait…was that Segun Gele getting their breaths together? I have lived and seen,lol. But that was good though, having dragon breath does not help an interview.

Uti does wear the hell out of a suit. I would prefer it to be just a tad looser though. Mai Atafo job well done.

Ramsey looks good but that outfit is too casual for the event.

• deedee November 2, 2012 at 8:44 PM

i cant stand jim iyke

• kaa November 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Uche jomb!!! Best look for her!

• Lulu November 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Everyone is well dressed for the occassion….*Kudos*

• e-bukun November 3, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Desmond, meet lotion (hands a tub of nivea body lotion).

• Izzy November 3, 2012 at 2:49 AM

The first lady to appear in a green dress, tufiakwa!

• Maxie November 3, 2012 at 5:03 AM

Oh dear oh dear oh dearrrrrr! #sighhhhhh…… Where do I even begin?? My grandma taught me that if I have nothing good to say, I shouldn’t say anything @ all….. So on that note, i’ll keep my mouth zipped……..

• Uche November 3, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Mchewwww. They emulate the western culture for fashion and not for professionalism. I got really upset the last time I watched a Nigeria movie when I notice that Monalisa Chinda had the same hair style in a story that says “5 years later”, I was really embarrassed when my America friend said “Does that mean she did not change her hair in 5 years”. Also am still trying to understand why they have to come to Houston for this event, anyways, they should try and take some lessons from Hollywood on their way back.

• lee November 3, 2012 at 8:00 AM

See the way they are all looking like p rom queens! If na Nigeria dem host the show now, everybody for don yab the dress sense finish, now its the US, no one is talking about the guests , just the celebrities! Naaaansense!

• chum chum November 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Abeg what is wrong with Uti?

• Brandigest November 3, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I give Ramsey Noah an ‘A’. He did steal d show. Jim Iyke has always shown distiction in fashion sense so I am not surprised.

• Camron November 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM

nice event and atleast good dress sense. wowwwwwwwwwww my boy Jim Iyke is hottttttttttttttttt. i think he would have been a stylist. RAmsey Nouah too is hot. NO no no for Desmond. dont just get it right with his eyes and his foundation talkless of those glasses. Majid Michael, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm something missing today and as for Uti, NONONONO to his suit and hair do. looks like he is preparing to to to the moon. my girl Susan beautiful Peters so sweettttttttttttttttttttt

• omoibo November 3, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I see some nicely dressed folks but a lot of the women really needed a stylist really bad to help them pick out different outfits that would flatter their physique instead of what a lot of them wore. Dude’s were looking on point, but who was that clown that wore that pink suit & lime green poker dot shirt?! Any hew looked like a fun event

• Mma November 3, 2012 at 5:10 PM

some of the guys look way too over done.

• Ekene November 4, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Uti nwachuchu? Present sir!!!! as usual present and punctual @ every function.

• jennifer November 4, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Dat’s my Jim Iyke with the swag as always, i just like this guy, the only one with correct and proper swag for nollywood. Ramsey too luks good.

• Tolu November 4, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Desmond looks very unkempt with dat kinda hairdo, Ramsey handsome as always but to me Jim Iyke carried the nite, nice outfit, keep it up Jim.

• Emeka November 4, 2012 at 12:31 AM

why do nigeria celebrities love wearing sunshades in the nite instead of the daytime?

• Roxanne November 4, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Desmond Idiot, most intelligent actor in Nollywood.

• Cool cat November 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM

The guy in the pink suit…firstly he must be the most confident man on the planet to dare this look, and for me it is oooo soooo fashion forward. Style is about expressing yourself as long as it is not offensive to anyone.

• D Fairy Godsister November 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Totally adopting Dotun Ayobade’s comment as mine. Totally!

Desmond Elliot, please lose the dreads, you look very silly.

• NNENNE November 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Dotun Ayobade… You are the man of the year! Just hope someone is taking notes.

• Abey November 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Can anyone tell why this award was not held in Nigeria or somewhere in Africa ? We need prayers to examine our heads. It’s so annoying .

• Gee November 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I love the fact that most of them are wearing Nigerian inspired designs from our own talented designers.

• mhonill November 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Thumbs up Dotun! You took words out of my mouth
      I just love John Dumelo……
      I don’t like Desmond’s hairstyle, what is that???
      They all look good.

• Evann November 6, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Uti!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pls,some1 should let me know how to get in touch with him!!!!! I want to tell him my mind….he needs a godamn haircut………..this isn’t working for him,seriously

• Agbaya November 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Ramsey Nouah is soooooo handsome….*eyecandy*
      Uti,Seriously?? ur hair? i doubt u look in the mirror..Its not even in vogue so whats ur excuse to have it on this long..its getting irritating. U need to do something about it and stop embarrassing urself with this RAZZ look..loki

• Agbaya November 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Ramsey Nouah is soooooo handsome….*eyecandy* Also, the girl in the black lace dress looks great.

• yelosisi February 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM

ma jim no dey eva fail trust him loads

• Nath Ekanem July 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM