2012 MTN Lagos Fashion & Design Week: Tiffany Amber presents “Rhythm of Africa”

Posted on Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 at 9:50 AM

By Damilare Aiki

We got our first look at Nigerian design label, Tiffany Amber‘s Spring/Summer 2013 collection “Rhythm of Africa” during the ARISE show at the Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week presentation in September 2012.

For the label’s 2012 MTN Lagos Fashion & Design Week presentation, fashion lovers were giving a first class opportunity to re-see the critically acclaimed collection, which includes more pieces than the first presentation in New York.

According to the creative director of the label, Folake Folarin-Coker, Tiffany Amber Nigeria tells a “Print Story” with its latest collection, Rhythm of Africa, continuing the love for print which reached its peak in 2009 when the label’s creative director and Founder, created a capsule collection in collaboration with one of the greatest African artists of our time, Kolade Oshinowo.

On the inspiration for the collection, she said “I have always been in love with music. Why? Because music moves me to the depths of my soul. The drum – the sensation it invokes in the spirit and mind. The beat – the rhythm has a different meaning to everyone yet is a coherent universal language. I thought…how can I depict the sensation of the beat, the pulsing beat of the rhythm? And there I had it…the birth of the Spring Summer 2013 Tiffany Amber collection, which encapsulates the Rhythm of Africa.”

Check it Out!

2012 MTN Lagos Fashion & Design Week: Tiffany Amber presents “Rhythm of Africa”

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 16 Comments on “2012 MTN Lagos Fashion & Design Week: Tiffany Amber presents “Rhythm of Africa””

Comments
    • nems November 6, 2012 at 11:15 AM
    • mimi November 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM

well a few nice pieces that cut my eye..but all in all nofin dat wev not seen.. nice materials 2

• F to the B November 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM

pele oh!! I hope you can see clearly out of the other eye!

• sassycassie November 6, 2012 at 1:10 PM

lol

• Debs November 6, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Boring…..

• ejogene November 6, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Chika Emmanuel always a delight on runways! love the designs.

• Idak November 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM

nothing special here from an extraordinarily talented designer. Guess this was one of her off days.

• notaplayerhater November 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM

rhythm of Africa eh??? ok na

• Winifred November 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Ave seen her do better

• cj November 6, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I agree with Idak and Winifred. She’s showcased better designs.

• Gimmer November 6, 2012 at 6:18 PM

i’ve seen better from her

• Berry Choco-Latte November 6, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Some nice pieces, other’s ok…

• Stella Kashmoney November 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Nice work. Not bad at all.

• Mena November 7, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Great work! I really like her use of prints. Very tasteful and colorful. She’s just too much!

• Couture By Makioba November 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM

dont really understand why they always want to play safe…….

• word November 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I expected more sha…abi is it not tiffany amber? I expected more