The P-Square boys – Peter and Paul Okoye have experienced a roller-coaster year! Their career has risen to new heights with sold out concerts, international hit collaborations with Rick Ross and Akon and sadly the death of their beloved mum.

Months ago, Peter announced that he and his long-term girlfriend, Lola Omotayo are expecting their second child. Now, Paul and his girlfriend Anita have good news as well as they are expecting their first child. The announcement was made by the proud uncle-to-be, Peter via social networking site, Twitter.

Paul Okoye & Anita

Paul and Anita have been together for several years. The mum-to-be is a post-graduate student of the University of Dundee in Scotland. Sources tell us that the couple have been quietly engaged for a while and plan to get married soon.

So P-Sqaure fans, now that the P-Square boys are effectively off the market, what next?
Their award-winning video director brother Jude “Engees” Okoye is apparently single though :)

Congratulations to Anita and @rudeboypsquare am sure its gona be a boy like me..#bigsmile

Congrats 2 my brother @rudeboypsquare and his long-term girlfriend who are expecting a baby soon… Trust me bro its a good feeling.

Photo Credit: NewsCarte
54 Comments on BN Bytes: Double Blessings for P-Square! Paul Okoye expecting first child with girlfriend, Anita
  • faith November 7, 2012 at 9:12 am

is this the new trend???…as in getting gfs pregnant without marriage…nawao …everybodies storey must not b d same shaaa…

• Jim November 7, 2012 at 10:22 pm

If you want to talk about people getting pregnant without marriage, then you will have to talk about people having sex before marriage. Since the latter cannot be stopped then don’t ask such a question.

• jennietobbie November 8, 2012 at 12:11 am

my thoughts EXACTLY, !!! we’re losing it.

• Idak November 7, 2012 at 9:20 am

So ladies, now that the P-Square boys are effectively off the market, what next?

What kind of dumb question is that? I am upset on behalf of all decent women who read this blog. What next?? mass suicide. SMH.

• Aisha Jamali January 12, 2013 at 11:29 am

lol you have finished me. Yes we think they are cute but duh am all the way in Zambia so what are the odds hehehe. MASS SUICIDE Idak you are funny

• notaplayerhater November 7, 2012 at 9:57 am

congrats dude!!!! Now go make an honest woman of her! safe delivery ‘nita

• estemy November 7, 2012 at 10:13 am

like criously? is dis d latest trend?Gettin dem pregnant withot marriage? smh sha!

• theodora November 7, 2012 at 10:20 am

Congratulations I guess its jude next!

• Funmi November 7, 2012 at 10:48 am

LOL at Nigerians… Why are we talking about someone “getting a woman pregnant” as if he installed the kid there without her knowledge? Did she complain to you that her baby daddy has refused to marry her and she doesn’t know what to do? Marriage is not everyone’s top priority. For some people it’s kids/financial stability/loving relationship/whatever. If the relationship is working for them and they are ready to bring a child into this world without getting married, it’s their life and they have every right to live it as they see fit.

• abeggi November 7, 2012 at 10:55 am

please, whats up with this dudes! why cant they marry these girls first before impregnating them for crying out loud,first Lola now this one too! is this some sort of new norm now…get pregnant then “maybe” get married.. *sigh* this children of nowadays sha!

• Nomy November 7, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Abeg i no wan hear! Now we are celebrating the complete erosions of our simple values? God forbid that i make the news for getting pregnant for a celebrity outside of wedlock! That’s an insult to my Mum! Abeg Bella naija stop reporting all these shows of immorality from Idibia, Peter Okoye, Paul Okoye, Ice prince and whoever else. Let’s not celebrate this abeg, i want my unborn daughter to know that there is dignity in keeping herself for marriage and that kids out of wedlock should not be encouraged! I will type my congrats when you marry her not when she gets pregnant for you! Girls abeg have small decency, wait for him to put a ring on it! That said, i send no comments attacking me!

• kessiena Odebala November 20, 2012 at 3:07 am

I don’t av time to talk much but I want to say pls we alll know that Godly principles and values are declining everyday and we should do everything to discourage it! Yesterday’s taboo is now today’s celebration. Pls it dosent make sense! Virginity is a good virtue and will encourage ladis to keep themselves if they know their worth. A real man will not encourage his girlfriends, sisters or friend to go abt getting pregnant b4 marriage. Was Peter and Paul born out of wedluck????. Let’s be fair to d children and allow them grow in a home where father and mother is there, let give them a better future. Anyway av got better things to do now… Think Nigerians!

• RACHAEL November 7, 2012 at 12:31 pm

@ funmi..I’m sure u plan doin same..doin things out of order is bizarre .my bible say a man shall leave his parents….not a man shall get his gurl frnd preg…things should be done in an orderly manner.copying baseless western culture wont do us any good.mtchew

• Adaeze November 7, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I thought Paul once said that whenever he was going to have a child, he will do things the right way (get married). I hope he does something about his statement soon.

• Idak November 7, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Maybe he changed his mind in the heat of the action.

• As in November 13, 2012 at 1:05 pm

LOL!!! Anything can happen in the heat of the action. wink. wink.

• nekiss November 7, 2012 at 2:22 pm

hmm… thank God some people still have the decency to call a spade a spade. What’s with celebrating immorality? These guys have enough money to get married, why are they not marrying these women? and if that’s how they want it, no problem, but they shouldnt come here to ask us to celebrate with them cos it is immoral to have a child outside wedlock, whether you believe it or not. Nonsense!

• JJ November 8, 2012 at 4:14 am

nstead of judging people based on your religion. Remember that you are in no position to do so and that some of you are products of pre-marital knacking. Many Nigerian mothers are pregnant on their wedding day so people should go and sit down with this immorality talk.

I believe in abstaining from sex before marriage but I will never tell people how to live their lives based on my beliefs..

• Nomy November 8, 2012 at 11:32 am

Abeg park well, if that’s what you are gonna tell your daughter, better not have one. Its people like you that we are suffering! So if the whole world is doing it and a million mothers are pregnant on their wedding day we should accept it as normal? How many pregnant brides do we celebrate in the media? How many have you even seen on Bella naija, this is not telling people how to live, its calling a spade by its name!

• timma November 7, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Sad to see my Paul taken!!!But seriously,this new trend is not funny abeg!Our stars should really try to lead the youths well!All these pregnancies outside wedlock and impregnating several ladies at once and announcing loss of virginity on twitter amongst others should stop abeg!Let’s do things right!!Paul,am counting on U!

• Wowza November 19, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Andy who announced the loss her virginity on twitter?

• Wowza November 19, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Abeg who announced the loss her virginity on twitter?

• Frema November 7, 2012 at 2:51 pm

What people fail to realise is that, once you are in this kind of relationship and having sex, this can be the result. God bless her for keeping the baby, some people will rather abort it cost they are not married. God will look on the little one when its born and forgive the mother for fornication…congrats

• realist November 7, 2012 at 3:59 pm

You all should stop being hypocritical and go sitdon let us hear word abeg. Kilode. All you puritans talking, you better have marriedd your husbands or your wives, virgins. If you are still single, if you have had sex outside marriage, how dare you condmen someone else. So because you never get belle yet, basically, your ass hasn’t been opened out to the world that u are having sex, you think you are better or you have the right to talk. He who has not committed sin, shold cast the first stone. I would rather see two happy people in love having babies and raising them with love and stability than two miserable married people rasing children. Because you are not committing one sin, you think you will make heaven or you are living aright. Which values do we have in Nigeria, or we are deceiving ourselves. Corruption is one of our values abi, jungle justice, gossip, back biting, jealousy, envy, pastors swindling their congregation and buying private jets, disobeying the law, treating your househelp inhumanely, armed robbery, stealing, killing, boko haram, kidnapping, rape, indecent dressing, occultic practices, medical doctors that are careless with human lives, these are the things that are rampant in our society, and you can open your mouth and talk about values. Even the Vatican (so called holiest place on earth) has abominations against the Bible. So no one in Nigeria should talk about values please because we NEVER had them, we were just pretending. If we had values, Nigeira wont be the shithole it is today. FACT.

• sigh November 7, 2012 at 6:39 pm

hello madam for ur info, am 19 years old..still a virgin nd proudly so! hoping to keep myself till that wedding night (so help me God).. Now, wat kind of examples are these type of people setting for us the younger generation? So what if some people have lost their morals/values, does it mean we should follow suit? please change your mentality..what is wrong is wrong, even if the whole w0rld is doing it!

• Nomy November 8, 2012 at 11:38 am

@Sigh let me lend you foundation, i am 25, a virgin and proudly so too! And before @Realist asks, i look hot too! Values remain in Nigeria, people like @Sigh prove it, @Realist please eh, we are not all morally bankrupt yet and while we do not judge, we refuse to celebrate this! That’s how it starts soon, we will be talking about legalizing abortion, gay laws and all that in Nigeria just because we refuse to take a stand now! God forbid! @Sigh biko wait for the wedding night paroles you hear? Mine is coming soon but you, please wait and have a blast, light scented candles join sef, soft music and wonderful room, you are in the world too!

• portable-oge November 8, 2012 at 3:02 pm

@sigh n nomy:u guys rock,am 28 n still keeping it for my soul mate God will bless me with! I dnt care hw u live ur life dosnt mean i shuld sit down n clap wen u mess up! wat is bad is bad,very soon,guys will see no reason to get married afterall get her knocked up n gbam!,we hv a family! mtschewwwww!

• Wowza November 19, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Abeg make I join una. I too am 25 and still proudly a virgin, so enough of this bs of acting like there are no virgins. I do not judge people but for people to act like no one is a virgin or like virgins are the ones doing the wrong thing or are UGLY is off base. Just saying.

Having said that, I do wish Anita a save delivery because the child did not ask to come to this world. I just hope they are good parents and raise their children the right way.

• nekiss November 8, 2012 at 1:36 pm

What FACT are you talking about? That you dont have values doesnt mean every other persons doesnt and that evil abound doesnt make it right neither does it make everyone evil, there are still some good Nigerians with values all over the place. Nobody is being judgmental or condemning anybody, all we are doing is calling a spade what it is. You can go ahead and have one million children with your girlfriends and household but dont come to this place to ask us to celebrate you please! Truth is always bitter. Until all of us support all these ills, that’s when you’ll say we are not judgemental abi? I can not see it your way, you hear me?

• nekiss November 8, 2012 at 1:41 pm

@sigh dearie, love you baby please keep it up and God will definitely help me as He has helped me. God bless you dear. So proud of you

• Seun Oke January 23, 2013 at 3:40 pm

NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TruthTeller November 7, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I’m thrilled there are some decent people left that know that stating facts isn’t being judgmental or hypocritical. I’ve had it to my last nerve on all this “it’s their life ” nonsense. yes, it’s everyone’s life but there is a way things ought to be. God isn’t “stupid” for creating marriage. The child is a blessing and not at fault. After all many people are looking for children. So many people have gotten pregnant before marriage and so many will still do,it’s nothing new and didn’t start now, but they didn’t make it look “cute”. Their act is between them and God, no one is judging but we should learn to stop making it seem okay because it’s not.

• Beau November 7, 2012 at 5:47 pm

You my dear just spoke the truth. God bless.

• femena November 8, 2012 at 4:19 am

AMEN!!!!!

• Stella Kashmoney November 7, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Children of nowadays. Na wa o.

• seanini November 7, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss enough of this so called trend its getting too much.

• obah November 7, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Exactly my first thought wen I saw the headlines,the money is there but why? Can’t they get married.

• nene November 7, 2012 at 7:01 pm

i don’t know about marriage being created by God. I know marriage is something that society has created to provide stability for both the children being born and the parents involved. Marriage is positive and moral, it does more good than harm, and if you are in a bad marriage, simply divorce and move on because marriage should be sweet and positive. I just hope P Square marry their respective baby mamas, and i’m shocked because this behaviour is not common in igbo culture, infact in igbo land, you become an outcast once you have a child without being married. These girls that open their legs anyhow for their boyfriends are more to blame, now nigerian girls want to copy black american women…this “child out of wedlock” and “single mother” mentality is why a lot of black women in america remain unmarried, so naija girls brace yourself. I support having a child over abortion, but then again people need to be CAREFUL and take precautions. Most of the children who become a menace and deal with depression/low self esteem, etc in future usually come from 1. single parents 2. unstable families where parents are in unhappy marriages. If you do your own research into the lives of runs girls, escorts, prostitutes, cultists, armed robbers, unmarried women and men over the age of 40, you will find out that most of them don’t come from happy or stable environments (and it happens all over the world).

• M November 7, 2012 at 10:06 pm

If money was not involved I don’t see how a woman with dignity would get pregnant for these usher photocopy as financial reasons are not why they would postpone doing the right thing. I know people who have kids outside wedlock but do not celebrate it cos financially or due to family palaver hold on but one did now the other no excuse

• Amber November 8, 2012 at 3:51 am

@jim….nice one.Bellanaija pls we need a ‘ like button here’

• A man's perspective November 8, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Its funny how people who have never had sex before always come across as if their virginity is the visa to a happy marriage, and successful life. I have met some very horrible girls i will not wish on my friends or brother. The only thing they have going for themselves is their “virginity”, and you wonder why people scorn at the issue of virginity. It is one aspect of your life, it doesnt define you, or make you better than another woman. Thats a reality. My best friend is one, and the issue doesnt even come up at all, neither does she sing it to the heavens. She’s Tolu first, the amazing young woman, fabulous career, great sister and friend. If you list her qualities, virgin will probably come last on the list. You have controlled your life in one way, and that doesn’t hand you a medal in other aspects of your life. You are a virgin yet, when we count all your other sins ehn, your virginity negates it all. I dated one of such in the past, mehn, nightmare is an understatement. After all is said and done, she’ll be chanting, at least i’m a virgin, that counts for something. My dear, your attitude stinks, your bad habits can make the devil pray for repentance. Dont get me wrong, I applaud a woman who has shown self control and discipline, but I will not hold a banshee in high esteem, because she is a virgin. Sorry, it is not one of the qualitites I am looking for in a woman. I will only consider it an added bonus, if the woman is amazing. Some men have been hoodwinked by this virgin thing, forgetting all else, not considering the whole package, they’ve gone ahead and married trouble. A very good friend is one of such men, and I dont feel sorry for him, cos he was looking for value in the wrong place.

• Your response November 8, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Virginity might not be a visa to happy marriage but in a world of decay it has to count for something. Am not surprised Tolu for all her nice qualities is also a virgin with beautiful manners like such you have described, she can only be one! Instead of criticizing it, just stick to the issue at hand, In a morally bankrupt world, should we start celebrating kids out of wedlock to worsen our case? The answer is No. Apologies for the terrible girls who are virgins that you know, there are equally wonderful girls who are virgins! The situation of the world and bad examples you have seen should not determine what we accept, tolerate and ultimately celebrate!

• Seun Oke January 23, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Very true!

• prettylady November 28, 2012 at 1:57 pm

@nene.. that said she dosent know of marriage being created by GOD, but by society. pls go and read your bible very well, God said a man will leave his family and cliff to a woman and they would be one that is MARRIAGE,being a baby mama dosent make u one with the guiy unless you have done the necessary rite, plsssss @A man’s perspective.. u analysed the issue of virginity very very well…. but on the issue at hand,

• prettylady November 28, 2012 at 2:00 pm

these men out there and celebrities are financially ok to settle down with the women they claim LOVE… if u truly love somebody , u wld want to marry her, no two ways….even men dat are just financially normal are marrying, let alone the celebrities, pls we shd stop celebrating all these rubbish lifestyles they tagged BABY MAMAS…. paul make sure u marry her in the decent manner if u claim to love her and date her for these long, wat the hell?

• Euniceskygurl December 24, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Safe delivery Anita!! :D

• yungsage January 24, 2013 at 7:00 am

Psquare!!u guys ar so wondaful..yh z A̅ gud fillinz..n A̅ gud moment…let d fire kip burnin meh..

• tabushuoyingwen January 25, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Ha!! They should keep it burning?? :o

• icekid February 13, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Congrats! We wl b expctn dat

• emmasco john February 15, 2013 at 8:17 pm

is good,it will be a boy by his grace,save delivery to anita.

• Seanjude de xpensiveson March 14, 2013 at 10:53 am

To hell wt hopeles girls like Lola and Anita that dosen’t no d real meaning of luv.

• Amaechi callistus May 7, 2013 at 2:27 pm

wow! Thats atlast the kid has been,well all have to say is,brother psquare-paul make good out of her ok,treat her well and the cute boy so make sure you embrace this big blessing that has visited your house this day bruv … Brap for you…..

• ibobi lucky August 7, 2013 at 10:12 am

Waow wat a great news@psquare congrat

• medge jewel October 9, 2013 at 1:22 pm

HEHEHEHHE….People’s comments are jus funny