As part of her key duties as UN Goodwill ambassador, Kennis Music artiste,  Goldie took out time on the 14th of November 2012 to visit secondary schools in Lagos.

The schools were Diadem College and CMS Grammar School in Ifako Gbagada.

Goldie did not only entertain the pupils but took out time to share her experiences with the teenagers.

After sharing a humbling story of losing her beloved mother as a child, and having to work to support herself as an undergraduate student, Goldie told the students to follow hard after their dreams and not rely totally on parental support. She also took a brief moment to thrill the students to her hit tracks including “Jawo“.

The event was also attended by Ruggedman and Weird MC.

21 Comments on More Than a Pop Star! Nigerian Musician/UN Goodwill Ambassador, Goldie inspires Secondary School Students in Lagos
  • Mana November 24, 2012 at 12:07 pm
  • eggy November 24, 2012 at 12:17 pm

very nice,even nicer is the fact that prezzo dint tag along.lol

• paul November 24, 2012 at 1:45 pm

GOD bless her

• Evann November 24, 2012 at 4:26 pm

GOoood motive. Nice concept.
    But come to think of it. Kids look up to adults as role models especially people they consider Icons.
    That short above the knees tight dress isn’t such a good example,afterall.
    Such a dress can be worn to an album launch red carpet event. Its so not appropriate for ds occasion.Look at the boys’ eyes.Where are they focused?
    #just saying#

• Lolly November 24, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Good 1…..but I tink d dress is too short for d occasion……

• tayo November 24, 2012 at 4:54 pm

The dress too short …nice one anyway

• Buz November 24, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Okay nice work Toyin Goldie…..but whats with the mini skirt u r wearing to the secondary school….
    this are small children ohhhhh no go catch dem young ohhh like u have done before….oops make i no tell everyone your secret!!!!!

• i no send November 24, 2012 at 5:31 pm

why shouldn’t teenagers depend on they parents entirely???are they not suppose to focus on studies…inappropriate dress BUT its a worthy cause so kudos goldie

• Oma November 24, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Na this kin dress this mumu gal see to wear abi ? Intelligence involves knowing the appropriate outfit to wear for a particular occasion. This dress is fit for a club or party, not when you are going to encourage school children who already hate their school uniforms (I rem I hated mine)…..anyways I never thot U to be intelligent so U no fall my hand

• faith November 24, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I think d dress is too short too…

• cindy November 24, 2012 at 7:55 pm

the dress is actually too short for this kind of occassion that was meant to be motivational for the students.i think the dress would have disengaged the students from the object of the seminar

• habba! November 24, 2012 at 8:40 pm

u would think she was going to the club in that dress and shoes. anyways, good job that she is giving back to the youth

• Xtsy November 24, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Does this school have a board of governors or PTA?

• Gold November 25, 2012 at 1:42 am

Wrong Dress for this venue!!

• jazzyfei November 25, 2012 at 7:14 am

how did she earn the good will ambassador title? the dress? I don’t know I guess she’s not naked or anything, hopefully she was able to convey the right message to the kids

• rep her November 25, 2012 at 10:48 pm

She is trim and slim,so she is forgiving

• Bennie November 26, 2012 at 11:24 am

Goldie, I was happy with the news of thying to revive your career by visiting the students . But when I saw the dress you wore , I wondered what went wrong? Doent she have advisers at all. Good motive wrong character though.

• Bambino November 27, 2012 at 11:54 am

Looooool.my naija people will never disappoint ..but seriously,that dress is too short and I wonder if the principal did see that.( but as an adage says in Yoruba ‘what u will eat will not allow u to be wise)…before u know all those girls will want to be dressed like Goldie!