If Shoes Could Talk, What Would They Say About You?

I love anything that helps me analyze the human personality (we are a very complex bunch) and where else to start from than at my latest addiction…shoes. It may seem harmless at first, but the fact is shoes speak volumes about your personality. Here are a few pairs that could be screaming yours or maybe someone else’s.

The wedge: Wedge heels are the most comfortable heels out there; right next to their cousins the, a personal favorite, the platform heels. They’re strong, solid and could serve as training for the beginners in the art of wearing high heels. The solid chunk of heel, that characterizes the wedge, allows ease in mobility for a busy day and provides comfort for a day with the girls. Don’t be afraid to show some skin, this works just like a cleavage (sometimes getting you more attention than you initially want). With this pair you’re sure to get your to-do list done and be sexy while doing it.

The Stiletto: Long, slender and sexy to a fault. They give you the length and poise that would make a giraffe proud. Pictured here, stiletto heels are complete man magnets, so ladies feel free to wear without caution. The extra studs complement it with an edgy feel and you can never go wrong with a pointy toe. This beauty is the sheer definition of business in the front, but a party in the back.

Flat shoes: Talk about being down to earth; these babies rank first in the comfort match. Their low and balanced soles give a feel of being bare feet. Pictured here, the flats could do more than give your feet a leveled feeling. When they’re well complimented with a gold chain detail, it dresses up the pair with a hint of edginess and shows that even though you have style, you’re all about getting the job done.

Kitten heels: Ah, the kitten heel. Fashion’s crossbreed between stilettos and flats. The kitten heel is a working girl’s solution to elevation and comfort. Pictured here, a patented surface gives you a sophisticated look and showcases attention to detail. Remember, choosing a strong color would make you stand out.

Please remember that even though your heels speak volumes about who you are (for that day at least), the real persona that makes it count is you.

Have any weird shoe stories? Feel free to share. :D

Photo credit: sodahead.com |fetyshshoes.com
Jennifer ‘Penshy’ Obiuwevbi is a writer/copywriter/content developer. She studied Mass Communication at Babcock University; where she co-hosted a radio show. She loves to write, live life, play dress up and is ‘Adele’ at heart. Follow her at @penshy and http://penshee.blogspot.com to find out more.

18 Comments on If Shoes Could Talk, What Would They Say About You?
  • ebrufles November 27, 2012 at 2:22 pm

nice write up

• nems November 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Love this Article Penshy, I think I am the wedge.

• Mz Socially Awkward… November 27, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I’ve had the most enduring love affair of my life with my shoes… *sigh* I love shoes & never resist a new pair, even when I don’t need them. Growing up in Nigeria as a ladies size 9, I was starved for good shoes and never got nice pairs like my sisters would because of my “manly” feet. Instead, if I was lucky, I’d end up with the fugliest imaginable footwear, just because my feet were so wide. It was so bad, I had to be taken to Aba to get shoes made for me! (shout out to Aba boys, by the way, you guys are talented beyond your own belief)…

So to make up for lost time, ever since I started living in the UK, I’ve regularly spoiled myself with shoes. Faith used to be my best shop EVER. Because they did fab size 9s. When they went into administration, I’m ashamed to say I took advantage of their misfortune and just cleared their stock of gorgeous size 9s. I still miss them… sadly, a lot of shops don’t go up to a size 9 which is why brands like Kurt Geiger, Carvela, Jimmy Choos and Louboutins will never feature in my wardrobe… which maybe is a good thing as I’m saving oodles of money buying from Aldo and Next instead… :-)

• Mz Socially Awkward… November 27, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Saying that though, I just discovered Sam Edelman & Baker in the states… hello, mama!! :-D

• cynthia November 27, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Ha ha I feel you. Mine is even worse as I am an 8.5. I dont even bother with some shoe stores.

• neon November 27, 2012 at 8:41 pm

loubotins go up to a 43 though

• Stella November 27, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Up to 43?? Where please?

• ruth November 27, 2012 at 2:44 pm

i love stiletto’s dey mk me feel confident&sexy.

• Timibaby November 27, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Good ol’ flats are for my 5’4 (short) self. I used to do a lot of heels (different types) and felt very sexy and confident in them until the one-time ol’ faithful (wedges) disgraced me one day at work. I didn’t just trip, I fell so had and so flat, my shoes flew off my feet. I was all shades of embarrassed not to talk of injured. What made my fall more embarrassing was the shoes were so hot; it turned heads my way ( and I strutted like a peacock that day before the fall). Ever since then, I’ve been ‘down to earth’ in every sense of the word.

• AWEsome November 27, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Shoes? I enjoy shoes to the fullest! as in. In my pair of heels am unstoppable lol. I feel sophisticated in a pair of heels any time any day. my flats are for those days I need a break or in the mood for a toned down look…

• Gorgeous November 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm

none of them are my style. I love unique shoes that make a statement. My flats sef are fire. I dont like all these ones up here. My shoes have to scream, “you will die without me”. hahahaha. Not saying my favorite designer. Dont want to see it like pure water. :p

• Sabrina November 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I love these shoes……………pretty much to ma taste.

• what November 27, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I love heels…but i have to say i think they should stop allowing men design shoes…..bcos most heels i like or adore in a shop end up being so uncomfortable for me to walk in…and i hate stress…also due to my wide feet , i wear two sizes depending on shop…..so finding the perfect size is a nightmare……..still looking for the perfect shoe designer that would have my taste as well as comfort……

• iffy November 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I really love flats,heels make me feel very uncomfortable, but i admire people who wear heels.Friends say it’s because i;m height advantaged but i don’t think so

• Myne Whitman (@Myne_Whitman) November 27, 2012 at 9:46 pm

LOL…interesting article.

• liily November 27, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Shoes! Shoes!! oh Shoes!!! i Love my shoes! be it stilettos, to flat to wedges all of them I love them. I’m petite so i love rocking my stilettos and it makes me feel sexy and gives me more confidence. However i’m always wearing my down to earth flats because of my work and also because I want my feet to rest from all the stress of heels :)

• vanessa November 28, 2012 at 2:14 am

the wedge,flats,pumps describe me.i still like the stiletto but men i cant wear those again i prefer the heels thick to take my body weight,maybe if i loose a few more pound i can go back to them.the kitten heels if those are the last shoes i will rather wear rubber slippers they remind me of that lady in sound of music.nice article tho look forward to more articlesssss.

• jmayaki November 28, 2012 at 4:35 am

i am a 5.4, but i loooooovvveee flats.i cant stand heels . stilettos are hell for me. everybody says ‘u are short and still wear flats’ but they just dont understand the agony i go thru with a pair of heels. i could manage some wedges for a few hours but that is just it