ARISE Magazine Kerry Washington
ARISE, the award-winning bi-monthly glossy magazine – kicks off 2013 with an exclusive interview with Hollywood’s hottest female actress, Kerry Washington – the star of Quentin Tarantino’s latest blockbuster, “Django Unchained” and the US TV hit drama, “Scandal“.

Also featured inside – ARISE celebrates Kofi Annan‘s achievements in global health and development. ARISE also gets up-close-and-personal with Vogue Italia’s Editor-in-Chief Franca Sozzani. ARISE catches up with musicians Trey Songz, M.I.A and Talib Kweli.

KerryCover stripARISE Magazine 1

There’s also the hottest fashion and beauty trends and much, much more. Issue 18 of ARISE is out now worldwide in all leading outlets. Don’t miss out!

For further information about ARISE and stockist information, visit www.ariselive.com

17 Comments on “Scandal” & “Django Unchained” Star Kerry Washington covers the New Issue of ARISE Magazine
  • Bee Dazzler January 9, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I love this, where can i get a copy? and someone intersted in publishing a magazine should contact me on umeh.oluchi@yahoo.com.

beedazzler.blogspot.com

bella naija you are my inspiration…..thanks alot

• Demmy January 9, 2013 at 1:58 pm

She’s such a natural beauty. Pretty. x

• a hater! January 9, 2013 at 2:06 pm

“Pls tell d President am busy” I cldnt help but Lol….Kerry as Olivia Pope in “Scandal”. A must watch

• jumanji January 9, 2013 at 3:24 pm

yes ooooo! i love in that series!!! waiting patiently for season 3…..lol

• Dee-USA January 10, 2013 at 5:08 am

The series took a winter break but is back tomorrow. It’s not a new season, just a break.

• a hater! January 9, 2013 at 2:06 pm

“Pls tell d President am busy” I cldnt help but Lol….Kerry as Olivia Pope in “Scandal”. Grab ur copy…

• ForestM January 9, 2013 at 2:19 pm

wow

• nems January 9, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Kerry is just too fab!!

anemistyle.blogspot.com

• Sexxie January 9, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Lovely! She’s ageless! Olivia Pope the ‘fixer’. She’s absolutely phenomenal!

• Winny January 9, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I suppose Nigerians are not good enough or high achievers to be worthy of a cover on a Nigerian owned magazine. Self deprecating mentality of the black race and thanks Bella for the promo and encouragement

• Bode January 9, 2013 at 6:48 pm

You know God bless you. I thought nobody was going to mention this. The mediocrity with Nigerians is ridiculous. Our sense of misplaced priorities is annoying . If it was another magazine they would have gone off. But the slave mentality in us make us suck up to things much. This magazine does this always! And it’s disgusting! Naomi Campbell, even Alex wek who can’t hold a candle to most of our Naija celebrities has been on their covers!see their mouth! Tell the president I’m busy….. Very sickening.
    Same way I saw the mediocre of a fashion line st Genevieve and how some were saying its cool!!! Plain ridiculous. Celebration of mediocrity.

• Avenger January 9, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Abeg Bella where did you find these ppl that r saturated with inferiority complex that keep commenting on this blog? first the attacked Agbani for having a birthday dinner now they r attacking Arise for not using a Naija celeb…..na by force? Pls stop feeling like patriotic Nigerians and get over urselves. BTW did u guys ever consider the possibility that Agbani’s family might not have wanted the exposure? Abeg i dey go sleep u guys exhaust me….

• sisi January 9, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Fact is we dont support or encourage ourselves as Nigerians.. Black magazines like Essence or Ebony will never have a Nigerian born actress or actor as the front cover of their mag.. But here we are embracing them with open arms..smh!

• feisty chic January 10, 2013 at 9:30 am

@winny and Bode – did it not occur to you that the magazine might be trying to garner international recognition and sales by using her for their cover. You yourselves are the ones with the slave and inferior mentality, and I don’t mean that as an insult.

• LaizaLounge January 10, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Before I commented, I looked again at ARISE Magazine’s cover and saw this- Africas Global Style and Culture Magazine from ThisDay.

First of all, I’m in love with Kerry Washington, especially for her role in Scandal. I mean, it’s becoming an obsession. So, whatever cover I see her, I’ll buy it especially if I also love the Magazine – like ARISE.

Anyways, ARISE is doing an amazing job both in Africa and abroad. Their magazine issues are beyond amazing; I’ll do anything to get every ARISE issue.

BUT, I honestly think that sometimes, ARISE is not clear about what they represent. Is it AFRICA or sometimes Africa or both Africa and Intl Fashion and Culture? If ARISE is showcasing Africa to the world, then this cover does not work for me. The same thing applies to their previous cover with Tyra Banks. Another thing is, if the theme for a specific issue is to portray an International Star, then I guess Tyra and the rest can come in. Everything boils down to the vision and mission of each Magazine.
    They can take an example from VOGUE Magazine. VOGUE has- Vogue US, UK, Switzerland etc etc. At least we know we’ll expect more of US related fashion in Vogue US.

Off course we cannot forget the issue during ARISE Fashion Week 2012 where Nigerian-based models (note this- some of them have done at least more than four shows in NY, SA and more) were paid about $200, while international models were paid $5,000. I won’t even go into details about how our models are treated and the low pay they get. Yet, shows like this ARISE say they are putting Africa on the global map. YES, I won’t lie – they are trying o, but more still has to be done both on the part of magazines like ARISE, models (on branding themselves, etc), fashion entrepreneurs etc etc

There’s soo much to be done as individuals and brands, especially if we want to push the African Fashion Industry to the next level.

laizalounge.com

• Anonymous January 10, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Abeg someone tell arise to put Tonto dikeh and Rukky Sanda on the cover of their front page…Since kerry washington is not Nigerian born actress

• SNAPPS January 11, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Kerry Washington’s a great actor and I enjoy watching the primetime show Scandal and I’m looking forward to more episodes. The show seems to get better with each episode and I can’t seem to tear myself away from the TV when I watch the show. I watch nothing but primetime when I’m home and now I can do so with ease now that I upgraded to the DISH Hopper DVR from my employer DISH. I can enable PrimeTime Anytime and it will record the four major networks every night to one TV. This works perfect for me, since I work at night. I used to have timer conflicts and have to choose a show over another, but that’s a thing of the past. I’m able to watch all my favorite episodes anytime and even new ones I’ve never watched.