Paying Homage

In December 2012, pioneer Nigerian actor, Enebeli Elebuwa passed away at an Indian hospital reportedly after battling a protracted ailment. He was 66 years old.

On Wednesday 9th January 2013, a tribute night which saw in attendance Nigerian movie stars including Rita Dominic, Paul Obazele, Stephanie Linus, Jibola Dabo, Desmond Elliot, Richard Mofe Damijio, Uche Jombo, Monalisa Chinda, Yul Edochie, Zack Orji, Emem Isong, Mahmood Ali Balogun, Segun Arinze, Joseph Benjamin and Ibinabo Fiberesima¬†was held at the O’jez Restaurant Car Park, National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos to celebrate the life and times of the veteran actor.

iROK TV shares with us a video of some of the movie stars, who were all dressed in white, giving their emotional encounters with the actor with Rita Dominic describing him as a fantastic boisterous human being. She also said “He was a professional to the core, I learnt a lot from him the times we worked together. I think he played my father so many times in the history of Nollywood. He should to say I looked like him and I told him he looked like my father, we had that relationship. It’s just so sad he is no longer here. I hope he is resting in peace and he will be missed definitely”

Watch the Video

Snaphots from the tribute night
Ibinabo Fiberesima & Rita DominicCharles NoviaCharles Okafor & Stephanie LinusMahmood Ali Balogun, RMD, Segun ArinzeIbinabo Fiberesima, RMD,OchestraJoseph Benjamin, Monalisa Chinda & Paul ObazeleOkey Bakassi & Ibinabo Fiberesima

Photo Credit: African Spotlight

14 Comments on “He was a Fantasic, Boisterous Human Being” – Watch Nollywood Stars speak at the Tribute Night of Late Veteran Nigerian Actor Enebeli Elebuwa in Lagos
  • f.o January 15, 2013 at 12:19 pm

genevieve,omotola,zack orji missing in action.RIP Sleep on sir enebeli

• Purpleicious Babe January 15, 2013 at 1:07 pm

my qs is? did anyone actually help?? cos I got the gist he was not helped @ all the latter days. .. anyhoo. I pray he is happy and smiling as he is free from all pain.

Am sorry… did that actor whose name I dont know, just justified a cold action with that silly excuse, he said something about people talking and they don’t understand actors needs are barely met? Yet, they could all show up in white outfits?

The thing is, they could have campaigned about it? some of them am sure have connections…. They could have worn this white outfits when he was alive and campaigned, appealing to the masses/fans both home and abroad. They could have tried to get sponsors involved etc. Besides, this is not a one man show, its a collective of people that are passionate about their industry and change. They could have been more proactive. I say they because in the end, it was all of them and more that didn’t care probably did in their own way though but actions speaks louder than words.

But hey we are humans and we are hypocrite. Its not like I did anything to help, other than prayed for a solution.

I am sure he is in a better place and has forgiven all. x

• Purpleicious Babe January 15, 2013 at 1:09 pm

His name is Jibola Dabo

• Agbaya January 15, 2013 at 1:40 pm

1,000,000 likes to this comment..God bless you. I totally agree with you..Nothing more to say!
        Rest in Peace Enebeli

• Response January 15, 2013 at 8:45 pm

God will bless you for your comment! …..if they could wear white in honour of his death, what stopped them from wearing it to atleast campaign to raise funds on his behalf for treatments. Like you rightly said, alot of these people have connections that could move things financially. It may be another person’s turn tomorrow who knows?

• agbaya January 15, 2013 at 1:44 pm

1,000,000 likes to this comment.. I totally agree with you..We sincerely dont know the value people around us add to our lives till we loose them
    Rest in Peace Enebeli.

• ogags January 15, 2013 at 3:17 pm

RIP Enebeli Elebuwa

• GreenDiamond January 15, 2013 at 3:50 pm

After all is said and done sigh…Rest in Peace sir

• Anonymous January 15, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I am trying to put 2 and 2 together, its not adding up i need help.
    Watching this video, something came to my mind. Nollywood being a US$250 million industry according to wiki. How will someone say their actors are still struggling to make ends meet? Where are all the money going to if their actors are not paid well especially their veteran actors? Where are the likes of tonto, rukky, chika, oge, ini getting their money from? Are they not from the same industry? If I’m right, these girls joined nollywood just yesterday. In my opinion I have seen this man in more movies than all these girls will ever feature, so why was he struggling until his last day. He has been working way before i knew what nollywood was about, which means he’d worked the work and should definitely be rewarded. Something is wrong somewhere. Now talking about Jibola Dabo’s comment, the guy was chatting gibberish, y’all don’t need to be present to take care of issues like this, that is why there is a union. Or is the union only there for organizing mass burial? If y’all had the time to come grace his burial and have time to talk trash about how he lived his life en who he was, then y’all should have had time to stand up and help him when he needed you most. At least some people had time to visit and take pictures with him, even had time to post it online. You should all cover your faces. And as for RMD thanks to you and your gov for giving him a befitting burial, maybe the money and resources you spent on the burial would have kept him alive. I know only God saves, but He wouldn’t have come down to save him Himself. Thats why he put us all here to help each other. If He depended on Himself alone, He would not have created Eve to help Adam. “in my opinion” And please BN post my comment

• Doris January 15, 2013 at 5:14 pm

man only has friends in death…chei, we go all meet someday

dorisdosage.blogspot.com

• rukky January 15, 2013 at 9:55 pm

nigerians aren wicked thou,they watched this man die , omGosh, the heart of man is desperately wicked, omgosh crying :(

• Bidi bang January 16, 2013 at 4:09 am

We are all the problem…we need to stop boot legging n watching movies on the internet…if we patronized nollywood like Hollywood he probably will not be broke…so stop blaming the actors…we are the problem we have sapped nollywood of talents but no giving back….from today oh Lord I will support my nollywood that entertains me and enlightens me chai…RIP sit

• frances-diaries January 16, 2013 at 10:26 am

Omg i only see bunch of cowards , hipocrites in these pics. See them all posing for the camera as if they went for a carnival. If all these crowd that came out for Enebeli’s tribute contributed cash for his treatment when he was alive, am sure this gathering might have been for his thanksgiving. So i think they shouldnt have bothered arranging any tribute night. Hipocrites!!!

• Medius, Uganda January 20, 2013 at 11:13 am

Its very sad that Noolywood lost one their finest. All of u blaming the actors have 4gotten that we have all failed to help at one because of this and this. Tell me, how many times have we failed to help where we we would have? And by the way, don’t tell me most of the Nigerians didn’t hear of this guy’s predicament when he was ill. So if most did, how many then ran to his rescue? Ok, some of u work, how many times have u helped restore a dying colleague? Some of u even have siblings u have failed 2 pay skul fees 4 en u only run 2 get them out of jail when they’ve stolen chicken simply because u know that is going 2 soil yo family name! We all have fallen short of the glory of God and there4 there is no good in, so stop blaming any actor as u’re any good yoselves. Even when we know that the ideal should have been to bail Elebuwa out, we all know that less human beings will bother about another man that much. I recently read about Whitney en the many debts she had be4 she died, en some lawyer was claiming she was killed by 3 creditors. Someone will question how on earth all the American rich artists could have failed to descend en pay her debts. I know someone wants to say this is a different situation. Are u sure? Then i read up someone commenting on how Enebeli could have still been struggling with finances at this age when he had started working a lot earlier. Intereting, isn’t it? I would have loved to follow this person up. We all know issues of money making unless one has not worked be4. No one knows how he spent his money, may be he had so many people to support en too much to do. Are u the one who flew him to India? That is money. Can we all stop blaming any body or anything and just wish the late veteran actor a beautiful rest? At least he deserves that now more than all that we are writing!May his soul rest in eternal peace.