Posted on Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 at 3:39 AM

By BellaNaija.com

SKIt’s been a few hours since Stephen Keshi‘s surprising resignation as the head coach of the Super Eagles. He is currently reconsidering his decision and has released the following statement.

My attention has been drawn to reports in the media that I have resigned my appointment as the Head Coach of Super Eagles of Nigeria.
While I have had cause to express my displeasure over some issues that happened in the course of our participation in the AFCON 2013, which my team won by the grace of God, especially concerning my relationship with the Nigerian Football Federation, I have since had opportunity to discuss the various issues with all concerned. I am therefore pleased to say that I have reconsidered my position and have decided to continue with my job.
I want to thank the Honourable Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, for his swift and kind intervention.

Signed

Stephen Okechukwu Keshi

12th February 2013

Let’s see how this plays out.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags:

• Custom Search
  • 20 Comments on “BN Exclusive: Official Statement! Stephen Keshi reconsiders Resignation from Super Eagles Coach role”

Comments
    • e-bukun February 12, 2013 at 4:05 AM

can you please cite the source of this news?

• BellaNaija.com February 12, 2013 at 4:14 AM

An official source representing Keshi and the Federal Ministry of Sports

• Tyler February 12, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Na why I dey like my Ibo men, them no dey chop nonsense. Insult them and they are over it in a minute. They got a pride no man can push over!
        Well done Keshi you proved your worth! …..who dey wan mess with?

• OlaOluwayimikaaaa February 12, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Great!

• Beautifulnaija February 12, 2013 at 6:42 AM

was it before or after Mike Adenuga gave him $200,000? Well thank goodness he is back

• Teris February 12, 2013 at 8:23 AM

fair question. but i think he also meant to make a point.
        there is an argument that he already made his point when our boys carried the cup.
        indeed, let’s see.

• Chyke February 12, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Na u sabi afterall u get paid. Its not a charity work. I understand u haven’t consumed enof money as u want hence u reconsidered.

• Alero February 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Get updated with real happenings before spilling your ignorant guts. Thanks Stephen for the reconsideration.

• Partyrider February 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM

What rubbish are you saying?

• POSHILLA! February 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM

U PPLE SHLD PLEASE FREE D MAN, I WATCHED D BROADCAST ,HE ONLY SAID HE MIGHT NOT BE D COACH TMR DT IT CLD BE ANODA PERSON,HABA! AFTRALL D NFA HAS ALREADY THREATENED TO SACK HIM IF WE LOOSE TO COTE D IVOIRE’<KESHI IS MY UNCLE OO ABEG!

• BlackMagic Babe February 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I can imagine the speed, to which this Exclusive news was written!

• DAN February 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM

CONGRATULATION TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY NIGERIA AND SUPER EAGLES + KESHI.
      WONNA TRY BI KO

• Orjiakor February 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM

This is controversial

• Orjiakor February 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM

This is controversial news, is this real. Yesterday they say that he resigns

• Chum chum February 12, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Keshi you can do the whole shakara in the world you deserve it biko.

• David shawnblade Nwanganga February 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Am happy for that, we must now learn to appreciate what we have, this trophy is a genesis of success for us, up keshi, up eagles, up 9ja,

• loveth O. February 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Keshi d Big Boss

• Dan February 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Up keshi jor you try broda

• ronny February 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Keshi is such a drama queen. Me likey like.

• koko February 12, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Face saving from Minister and NFF. I think they should all go. They are fond of treating their people shabbily and this is the sum effect of such actions. To think they were hoping the eagles failed. #big fail for the minister and co…