A few years ago, a blogger called “Womilee” ran a blog called Goddammit It’s Monday!  The posts were the chronicles of Womilee, a young professional in Lagos. Womilee narrated the lifestyle of the average jaded Lagosian.

Goddammit It’s Monday was made into film with 6 episodes out for your viewing pleasure. Directed by Chioma Onyenwe of Raconteur Productionsthe episodes are an interesting depiction of the very colorful narrative style of Womilee.

Please note that there’s quite a bit of expletives in the films, so watch at your own discretion!

Teaser

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

49 Comments on The Crazy Life of Womilee on Film | Watch 6 Episodes of the Web Series “Goddamit It’s Monday”
  • NNENNE April 14, 2013 at 4:26 pm

A most watch!

• Jenny Craig April 14, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Wow… Lol… I feel like I should pray for forgiveness after watching this. He kuku said I should go and watch cbeebees and cartoon network, I didn’t listen…

• iba April 14, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Lol lol lol it was full of swear words….

• fan April 14, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Dark comedy , looooveeeee it .This reminds me of house of lies on Showtime

• Havoc April 14, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I watched this stuff years ago. I know you guys are going through some kind of web series/short film obsession phase right now but…..yeah

• Hope April 14, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Do you want a medal? U feel special? There’s no big deal in the fact that it has been out for a few years (according to u……). People still watch old shows and films all the time!

• Omototun April 15, 2013 at 4:06 am

BN stated it was made years ago, anyways sha…oya, gba lollipop….

• asgrl April 14, 2013 at 6:00 pm

LOVE IT! So unexpected and fare from the usual fare of “Oh Hey Plebs, this is how rich mofos live in Lagos”

• faith April 14, 2013 at 7:18 pm

He. Is so real n crazy…lol

• stacy April 14, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Hilarious.. Love it

• m.h April 14, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Wow I like dis guy womilee my kind of guy

• sj April 14, 2013 at 8:40 pm

loved!!!!

• Prime April 14, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Honestly I’m wondering what the world is turning to. Do we not understand that people are influenced by what they see and what they hear. Even if the world is full of horrible things, must we add more to the mess? Real or not this is very bad influence to thousands of followers who digest Bella naija’s content. God help us all!

• lollipop April 14, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Why dont you take your sanctimonious self to some religious website?

• Darren April 14, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Yeah! I so agree with you, I was looking out for what to learn instead,it was empty and to think many kids fall over to read blogs. I think it’s highly indecent because a kid may just take up the lewdness in this.

• Gertrude April 14, 2013 at 11:49 pm

lolwut? are you new to the interwebz?

• Princess April 15, 2013 at 12:09 am

if your child surfs the web without ur supervision and you dont have parental control on ur computers and tv you are an irresponsible parent. do you know what they can have access to?. please it was clearly stated that d video contained profanities u still clicked to watch na wa 4 u!

• hayzey April 15, 2013 at 8:23 am

How about you take your ass to school if you want to learn? Or, I dunn0, open up a book maybe?

• I agree April 15, 2013 at 3:00 am

We should be careful what we promote and condone.

• Aibee April 14, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Dude strikes me as being a tad depressed and angry. If you hate your job that much, switch careers.

• kebi April 14, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Aibee o!!! I sooo agree, keep you misery to yourself oga, stop spreading it around, and yes…Thank God you are F****##^^%% Alive (in your own words)!

• Meeeee April 14, 2013 at 9:54 pm

No comment……

• Nawa OOO April 14, 2013 at 10:09 pm

he does not know how to smoke that cigar properly. he shud not be making sound like he is sucking a lollipop.

• tolulope April 14, 2013 at 10:33 pm

too lewd.

• comment waiting moderation! April 14, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Goddamit,I can’t watch,using phone!

• amazing April 14, 2013 at 11:04 pm

A thrashy way of passing a message. Like he said, its for thrashy people. Frustration is indeed an issue with you. I mean if you have a blog, its supposed to be educative, nut then again, like i said, its for thrashy people like your type. Sometimes, its good to listen to what people say. Don’t throw it under the carpet and cover it up with your thrash on top of it all in the name of being yourself. God help you and us all.

• aunty April 14, 2013 at 11:05 pm

seriously BN??
    womilee… misery needs company

• Gertrude April 14, 2013 at 11:44 pm

I miss your blogposts Womilee. Come backkkk!!

Ps. a lot of people clearly need to invest in chill pills. Whew.

• roomandpalor April 15, 2013 at 12:07 am

Loved!!!! To the sanctimonious killjoys: as Womilee politely told you, everyone from CNN to televangelists are happy to serenade you will all the moral lessons you want to learn and all the wholesome media content you think is your birthright. Please leave the infinitely sexy, and jaded, and quirky, and boundary-pushing, and raw and angry and wild Womilee for those of us who are unapologetic for the appreciation we have for the gritty and artsy things of life.

• razzii April 15, 2013 at 12:58 am

wow…..i love this…….really cool stuff

• John April 15, 2013 at 1:11 am

After I watched dis movie series I had 2 read d whole womilee blog and this guy was fun. Haven’t laughed dis much in a very long time.

• Tee April 15, 2013 at 1:23 am

Quite an irrelevant show….nothin to learn, no value, just zero!!!

• Yvonne April 15, 2013 at 2:48 am

this web series is stupid biko. Stopped midway into episode 4. It has no head and no tail. waste of my eyeballs sigh

• Amara April 15, 2013 at 4:54 am

Look. Just watched th first. Two moments I loved. First, ‘if I know my scriptures well, and I don’t’. Secondly, when he rose with the hardon. Lmao. #heyStan

• ChaCha April 15, 2013 at 5:57 am

Episode 6 @2:12-2:18…..”may your women finally be open to the idea of another woman joining you in their sheets.” what are you preaching? wrong message.

• jane April 15, 2013 at 6:15 am

this is utter nonsense. What is this guy trying to promote sef.. why would bella naija post this kind of lewd videos on their site? mchew

• AW April 15, 2013 at 7:46 am

PEOPLE! It said “WATCH AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!”. Me thinks, that’s warning enough.

• Dlapikin April 15, 2013 at 9:20 am

He killed me with laughters at the 5th episode..

• JADE April 15, 2013 at 10:53 am

i found it very boring and uninteresting. The womilee guy is a good actor sha and that morning wood :)

• Esto no es justo! April 15, 2013 at 2:12 pm

BN es lascivo y crudo! Admiro mucho este sitio web, por favor deje entretenimiento, a la basura blogs. Sigan con el buen trabajo!

• nene April 15, 2013 at 3:14 pm

abeg carry ur language to another blog. nigerians no habla epspanol.

• m.h April 15, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Can’t get enough of episode 5! Hilarious I love it

• Moche April 16, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Finally !!! a web series that has brain behind it …. Womilee actor was on point …. the church girl in episode 2 LWKMD …. finally the customer in episode 4 had good acting skills ….

• Smart Ass April 16, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Awesome!

• Fruitea1 April 19, 2013 at 9:06 am

Interesting, loved it.

• Bliss April 21, 2013 at 7:42 pm

A+ for the idea. It does have that spunk to it. But execution, not so much. I understand they were going for a daring sex and the city/ the office approach. Well here’s the thing hun, sex and the city isn’t all that hard core. There’s some episodes that are more visual than others -yes, and others which have deep messages and inspire you to be a better person somehow. Scrubs too has lot’s of funny dark comedy ish type violence, but this Womilee thing is the type of web series that make serial killers. Nothing positive or even funny about it. Oh the horror! It’s a good thing they suggested BBC. That’s certainly where all their first time viewers will go to, save for off course that one drinking buddy of theirs from college that has nothing better to do with his time. Get off your high horse production team, even Quentin Tarantino takes criticism. Because correct me if I’m wrong, the aim of making art is to have it sell. If you do decide to take the starving artist route, bless your dear heart.

• Yve April 22, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Execution isn’t 100% but it is daring, funny,dark and different. This was the bad guy in Gidi Up. Think he’ll go places as an actor. He should be careful of being stereotyped though. I Loved it.