It seems you won’t be seeing this famous ex couple smiling together anytime soon.

Nigerian music star Timaya is opening up about his relationship with Nollywood actress Empress Njamah. And Timaya doesn’t have anything nice to say.

An editor at Punch Newspaper was recently invited to his Lekki, Lagos home for a one-on-one with the self proclaimed Egberi Papa 1 of Bayelsa.

Timaya and Empress broke up in 2009.
On the much publicized split: “You should not date somebody who already has a negative record. In my own case, it affected me at that time. I feel that a relationship should be between two people and not exposed to the rest of the world. Only a smart man is able to keep his relationship private.”

On how a relationship should be: “You see, Desmond Elliot and (DJ) Jimmy Jatt are both married, but you will never see their wives in public. Naturally I’m a private person. The only thing that takes me out of my shell is my music, which is what I do for a living. It seems that the only thing people know about me is that ugly episode. So I don’t like to talk about it.”

On his controversial songs: “A lot of people think I love the female backside a lot and that is why I sing about it all the time. But then, people will always complain, no matter what you do. When I was still singing conscious music they complained that my songs were always full of bile and loathing. The truth is that I sing about the way I feel at any point.”

On getting married soon (He reveals he is in a “healthy” relationship): “I am not considering marriage for now. But it is something I must do. Before now, I wanted a child and God gave me one. I don’t want to have children from different women. My father had 15 children and I am the last child. I don’t want to live like that. The truth is, I’m not ready to get married now”

He is also set to release a memoir in 2014. What will it be about? He reveals he will tell “the story of a ex-girlfriend of mine who always wanted to have sex whenever she was in the mood for it”.

Ouch. Burn!

To read the full interview, click here

42 Comments on Timaya: “Empress Njamah has a Negative Record…It Affected Me” | Music Star to Release Memoir in 2014
  • funmi November 22, 2013 at 1:18 pm

WASHING DIRTY LINEN IN PUBLIC. NOT A GREAT IDEA

• Hurpeyeahmie November 22, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Issorait waiting for Empress’ response

• madman November 22, 2013 at 1:25 pm

tehehehe…. he appears to have been traumatized by his past relationship.

• Opeoluwa November 22, 2013 at 1:25 pm

oh God, its just better to date a matured person not one that will say unnecessary stuffs abt u when u break up

• Nomy November 22, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Negative record? Biko take several several back seats. Mscheeeeew. Anyway people still visit my blog o! myvividthoughts.wordpress.com/2013/11/22/scars-of-another-hotel-room-event-vol-2

• sisimacy November 22, 2013 at 1:43 pm

BN sef.Next!!

• smashingM November 22, 2013 at 1:51 pm

…And you’ll think he should be matured enough. What’s the essence of talking about it when you’re off it?

• mary November 22, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Empress and Timaya did not have any child together, get your facts right before you publish, Timaya has a love child from another lady.

• Tricia November 23, 2013 at 7:29 pm

No one said Empress & Timaya had a child 2geda….Mtcheew! Read & Understand!!!

• luluski November 22, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Timaya! Please,please stop putting the lady down. Who doesn’t have a past? Are you saying, you have never done anything in your life you aren’t proud of?

• nunu November 22, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Mary,he didn’t say that it was empress that had a child for him,pl.
    Timaya aint mature @all,how can you say such tinings outside. Abeg move on,life is too short to keep grudges.

• gobe November 22, 2013 at 3:21 pm

@nunu BN obviously had the article edited. Don’t be a sheep

• Uc November 22, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Empress moved on…..With all the relationships u have had after that,that is d only one u had to talk about as negative? I remember u bcause of her he helped ur career she was already in d entertainment industry 4 p sake!Daddy boy please grow up.Now i even feel she belittled herself in dating u (am not her fan)

• Ada Nnewi November 22, 2013 at 4:08 pm

My exact sentiments…….

• gh_Mikie November 22, 2013 at 4:58 pm

so Timaya has decided to go on social media and whine like a little baby about his past?! Then claim he is private?!! See your mouth! Abi we have caught you in your own lie! Please, we know you are butt hurt about it, so take and drink relax, pray…maybe God change your mindset.

• rootwoo.com November 22, 2013 at 5:01 pm

k

• Retta November 22, 2013 at 5:37 pm

This timaya sef… *smh* guess she rili broke his heart for him not 2 forget after 4 good years. Choi! Take heart biko…

• Camron November 22, 2013 at 6:03 pm

this boy is so immature. when will be stop talking about his past relationship wit Empress??? That girl even belittled herself is dating you. thats what happens when you date immature boys. just wondering….. what is his educational level???

• nnelly November 22, 2013 at 6:31 pm

it is obvious that Timaya still loves Empress, he just doing all this to send a message across. Timaya i like you style ooooooooooo

• nnelly November 22, 2013 at 6:32 pm

it is obvious that Timaya still loves Empress.

• Leah November 22, 2013 at 6:33 pm

What did Empress do to have a “negative record”? Did he not know it before the relationship and how did it affect him? This guy is an absolute JERK and someone needs to tell him that. It seems like he always has to trash her to get some attention because ain’t nobody checking for his a$$.

• bobbydox November 22, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Timaya i dont care about what your past relationship was like but telling the world that she was a negative influence was very wicked of you, so u are telling the whole world now that u were the best and she was the bad egg haba, no 1 in this planet universe is perfect if u ve been cheated or wronged in any way jx move on and answer such questions to journalists in a very much matured way, so in essence TIMAYA u used this issue as a way to propagate your own selfish upcoming projects

• oyiza November 22, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Dnt blame d guy “Empress gt herself into dis since she say dat she can’t marry poor man or ordinary man xcpt celebrity person

• Endo November 22, 2013 at 8:32 pm

A gentleman doesn’t kiss and tell

Pls share your endometriosis stories @ endochallenges.wordpress.com. Let’s beat endo together!

• Cancel Reply November 22, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Se he didnt know she had “negative record” before he dated her.Immature guy!

• nene November 22, 2013 at 11:24 pm

empress has a negative record..FACT.

• Ruby November 23, 2013 at 12:36 am

I so hate when guys especially go to the media and air their dirty laundry about their exes! What’s up with that? Why not just take it like a man and move on? Even after going to her church to disgrace her and collect the car and all the things you gave her when you were dating? mscheeeew! Guy, face your music and produce good songs. Leave all this drama for those that really need it! ;I

• Omalicha November 23, 2013 at 12:37 am

What a childish man with a chicken brain. Tufiakwa!

• nene November 23, 2013 at 12:37 am

if you know nothing about empress and timaya’s relationship please keep quiet. i’m happy they parted ways, she is bad news. just ask around festac, everyone knows her. good riddance. i’m not going to say more because my comment won’t get posted.

• Changing Faces November 24, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Timayas baby mama, we see u…

• Modella November 23, 2013 at 11:11 am

Can anyone be more immature than Nyanya? Women are always at the receiving ends..Even if she constantly ask for sex from you,atleast she was able to keep to one partner..African men are so judgemental!

• Omotè November 23, 2013 at 11:45 am

When will dis boy grow up??? Jimmy Jatt n Desmond Elliot are married to women who aren’t into showbiz.

• Idak November 23, 2013 at 1:02 pm

The hair in that pic is enough to affect any sane man.

• Ces November 24, 2013 at 12:50 am

Lmao. I haff die of laugh. Mammy wata Tinz

• i put my mouth November 24, 2013 at 7:54 pm

i tire for you sef Timaya. If Desmond and DJ Jimmy Jatt wife don’t like being in public, it doesnt mean they are more responsible, its their choice. Clearly you have low self esteem.

• damepenelope November 24, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Timaya is being clever by half! His ‘revelations’ about Empress will only make his approval ratings go lower.That girl has moved on,he should too.

• MissBusyBody November 25, 2013 at 10:29 am

This Timaya needs to take several seats back, so he is the one who doesnt have a ‘negative record’ yeah…? Nigga Please…

• doodlz November 25, 2013 at 10:32 am

Someone is about to release a single…or perhaps an album? I see ya, lav.

• Princess November 30, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Lol @ Timaya. If she was so bad as u sd, y nt mari d moda of ur child? In fact u stil dey learn wrk…

• Syms December 3, 2013 at 10:11 am

A mature guy won’t talk like this.