Beyoncé & Jay-Z are “Drunk in Love” On Stage at the 2014 Grammy Awards

56th GRAMMY Awards - Show

And the Carters rule the night!

If like most Nigerians, you couldn’t watch the 2014 Grammy Awards, there was one performance everybody was buzzing about – Beyoncé and Jay-Z‘ “Drunk in Love“.

Queen Bey opened the show with Hova with track from her fifth studio album – “BEYONCE“. As expected, it was simply the best.

Enough talking.

Beyonce & Jay-Z - January 2014 - Grammy Awards - BellaNaija 02Beyonce & Jay-Z - January 2014 - Grammy Awards - BellaNaija 03Beyonce & Jay-Z - January 2014 - Grammy Awards - BellaNaija 0456th GRAMMY Awards - Show56th GRAMMY Awards - ShowBeyonce & Jay-Z - January 2014 - Grammy Awards - BellaNaija 07Beyonce & Jay-Z - January 2014 - Grammy Awards - BellaNaija 08Beyonce & Jay-Z - January 2014 - Grammy Awards - BellaNaija 0956th GRAMMY Awards - ShowBeyonce & Jay-Z - January 2014 - Grammy Awards - BellaNaija 011

Photo Credit: iam.beyonce.com

60 Comments on Beyoncé & Jay-Z are “Drunk in Love” On Stage at the 2014 Grammy Awards
  • tish January 27, 2014 at 8:03 am

YAWN!

• me January 27, 2014 at 8:12 am

loooooooooool!

• Missy J January 27, 2014 at 8:34 am

I yawn with you Joreeeh. Bella with her over hype of life

• Blossom January 27, 2014 at 9:37 am

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DID NOT LIKE THIS PERFORMANCE?

I AM A SELF-PROCLAIMED BEYONCE STAN BUT WHEN SHE STARTS MASTURBATING ON STAGE (2:29) AND DANCING LIKE A TRUE AND PROPER WHORE http://static.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Beyonce-Jay-Z-January-2014-Grammy-Awards-BellaNaija-07.jpg, I WILL JEJELY PARK WELL AS SHE LEADS ALL THE OTHER POOR GIRLS TO THE CLIFF TO WATCH THEM JUMP AGAIN.

THANKS AND GOH-BLESS.

• Chigbo January 27, 2014 at 12:37 pm

I didnt like it either. These days people will see something that’s wrong or inappropriate and say nothing. Or even worse encourage it.

This is the wide path that we are on. This is it right here. Pretending like their conscience doesn’t speak to them. Seeing evil and calling it good.

If this isn’t inappropriate then the word has no meaning. Can we ever see wrong and say its wrong? I m hopping off this bandwagon…..it’s not because of one human being that I ll miss Heaven.

The sex you re portraying its not yours…..it’s Gods gift.
        The body you have………it’s also not yours. It’s Gods.
        The time and energy you have……….guess who gave you? God
        The breath of life that you re making shakara with…….guess who it returns to? God

• Mrs A January 27, 2014 at 1:55 pm

I thought it was just me.
      Over it jare,

• Iris January 27, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Yep I was unimpressed. And she wonders why feminists won’t take her seriously. It was actually pretty boring and set the stage perfectly for a very boring Grammy awards night. The only interesting performance was Kendrick and Imagine Dragons

• http://www.thelmathinks.blogspot.com/ January 27, 2014 at 8:13 am

This people’s love is just for the camera. They need to chill please. They’re a very business-savvy couple that would be around for a long time but they need to chill with this their imaginary drunken love, and trips to sex toy stores for sex toys that they won’t use…….all for the camera. *yawns*.

thelmathinks.blogspot.com

• Hadik January 27, 2014 at 8:21 am

BOW DOWN!!!

The king and Queen of Entertainment on stage!!!

@Tish, stop being jealous, your yawn is disrespectful. Who else do you know that can pull off a performance like that.

• nwa babii January 27, 2014 at 12:28 pm

how is a yawn disrespectful?

• tish January 27, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I pity you when you bow down to mere men, I am very afraid for you. May you find someONE worth bowing for if you’ve not found God. AMEN.

• ijeoma January 27, 2014 at 8:34 am

Oh its the naked feminist. Female empowerment achieved through the exposure of ass cheeks. The irony.

• nwa babii January 27, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I know eh..with her double standards

• madman January 27, 2014 at 8:35 am

I’m with *tish* same old, same old.

• no heart to hate January 27, 2014 at 8:36 am

that is

• ese January 27, 2014 at 8:50 am

Awwww…so cute! I love how Jay-z was dancing and he looked so gentle

• Gloo January 27, 2014 at 8:52 am

This has got to be the most effortless performance in Beyoncé’s history…..her performance used to so energetic and full of life….

• Gloo January 29, 2014 at 8:52 am

Something is off with her. Maybe she’s having an early mid-life crisis and feels she needs to keep up with Rihanna and Miley

• Chiangel February 16, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Gbam!!! Eziowu ka I kwuru. Damn it’s that serious that I had to say it in Igbo. What I said is “You are telling the truth”. I thought same too almost like she needs assurance for herself & from her man. you know her parents are divorced so it’s so much going on with her. Mid-life, I’m a mum and still sexy kinda mind frame, don’t want my man straying etc…… Oh Beyoncé chill out. It’s all good.

• Lagos is my home January 27, 2014 at 8:58 am

Same shit different packaging, just like a glorified stripper……. Exactly what Miley Cyrus get slammed for yet Bey get praise

• S! January 27, 2014 at 9:22 am

I don’t see what Bey did here that’s wrong. She was dancing on HER husband, Miley was dancing on another woman’s husband, so how is it the same thing? She didn’t even really dance, was just an effortless show of affection and she deserves slamming????

• Dare to be January 27, 2014 at 2:21 pm

So because she is dancing with her HUSBAND then its ok……………really ??, smh
        So if Beyonce and JayZ were having S** on live television it would be ok because they are married . Please re read your comment and see if it makes sense . What is wrong is wrong , as She said same shit , different packaging

• Iris January 27, 2014 at 3:34 pm

First of all it appears that the other woman’s husband’s wife doesn’t care. Miley and Robin are both entertainers on stage. The outrage with that performance was pretty much about the same thing Beyonce did, except that it was “Hannah Montana” that did it and that Beyonce didn’t bring along a rubber penis. For me sha it was just that poor Miley looked like she was trying too hard and screaming “oo look I can twerk too!” Plus she has no bottom to twerk. I really like Beyonce but this performance was a lazy mess

• sarafina January 27, 2014 at 8:59 am

Slayyyyyyyyy me BEYSUS. Scalp me! My edges are gone. Hellllllpppppp

• Troll January 27, 2014 at 9:07 am

Beyonce! Ya pant is too tight

• wanday January 27, 2014 at 9:25 am

Beyonce seems to be trying too hard to be overly sexy. Too raunchy in my own view.

• Toto January 27, 2014 at 9:28 am

its this her indomie hair i still don’t get….

• Energybill January 27, 2014 at 10:04 am

Lmao @indomie hair. lol

• Anna January 27, 2014 at 10:10 am

Looooooooooool

• L.L. January 27, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Indomie hair???????? Wowzas! I just died. Nigerians ehn!!!! We get mouth o! Thanks for making my day!

• poisefreak January 27, 2014 at 10:14 am

exactly oh! She is “whoring” with her husband! People should leave Bey alone abeg

• nene January 27, 2014 at 10:19 am

drunk in love is such a shitty song. if it was a nigerian that sang it, people would hate it. the sound is all over the place and sounds like noise. prefer niyola’s song by far.

• Hannah January 27, 2014 at 10:25 am

All of you who are beefing- SHUT UP and go and marry. Beyonce is an entertainer and she does it well with her husband. so whether they use sex toys or not, whether some idiot on BN yawns, or whether some people think they love is camera love,… they are happy people who are partners and best friends and are making it work in a marriage as a team. so you people with dumb comments can choke urselves.

• Chigbo January 27, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Entertainer my foot. If she wants to have sex with her husband she should do it in private not on stage. Leading people to hell fire and you don’t even see it.

• Mamie January 27, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Hannah, you are so lame, your comments show you are an illiterate with a computer. Go and marry? Is that the highest achievement yet? May you attain it and may that be your zenith. Warrahell…..so cos people are not falling over themselves with this trashy, distasteful, shitty performance so they can not air their views again. Nonsense. The performance was absolute RUBBISH IMHO and you can go and hang if you don’t like it. There! I said it. Now Self destruct! Rubbish hero worshiper. You need a role model, idiat.

• Dare to be January 27, 2014 at 3:35 pm

i wrote the performance was rubbish and Yes i have been MARRIED for 5 years with 2 kids…….what exactly has go and marry gone to do with this .@ Hannah you see how you are exposing yourself to be a bush girl , who has no substantial thought process. SMH
        Go and marry , are you for real !!!!

• Iris January 27, 2014 at 3:36 pm

“may you attain it and may that be your zenith” LOL EVIL.

• L.L. January 27, 2014 at 4:28 pm

LMFAO!!!!! Dang Mamie…you went in on that chick….

• Hannah January 28, 2014 at 10:20 am

@Dare to be, ok so have been married for five years, from the way you sound am sure you a lousy wife , who your in laws are sick of. its women like you who young uni girls are sampling your husband. Beyonce is a grown woman who knows her husband and is giving him what he likes. what she has achieved as a mother and wife is what you cant dream of in your lifetime. if she wants to dance with her husband how is that your business. when your kids grow you can channel your lousy attitude towards them. sick wife.

and as for @Mamie, lolz , wow seems my comment unleashed hell in you haha haha. well you were born lame,, lolz cant blame you. lack of love from childhood i believe, and so much hate in your heart. If you are a female you were probably born in the graveyard and if you are a guy… well you are probably gay. hahaha. hopeless human.
        don’t forget to hang yourself . Beyonce and jayz rules love them .

• tish January 27, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Go and marry ke? That’s the best you’ve got? LOL! You are plain silly, child!

• olori Tari January 27, 2014 at 10:36 am

Go Bey ! #King

• vanny January 27, 2014 at 10:38 am

i try to picture the butterfly in jay z belly. i love this too at least while they last.

• Kamal January 27, 2014 at 10:44 am

Orisirisi

• Mama Mia!!! January 27, 2014 at 10:45 am

Oh please, stayed up late for the Grammys but was so tired to see it through, The best Performance in my opinion was Pink and the fun band. John legend got a standing ovation as well. Beyonce is overly Hyped!!! I don’t get why people worship her including you BN, She wasn’t even comfortable in what she was wearing…

• pops January 27, 2014 at 11:12 am

That is how to open a show #bowdown. Hate all you want this is showbiz and Bey and Jay slayed it as expected. Love them even more. All this faceless trash talkers go hug transformer jare.

• Chigbo January 27, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I honestly don’t see anything fantastic in what they did.

They are not having better sex than married people out there who go about dressing decently while making their daily bread. Sex is from God believe it or not …….not from worshipping the devil or believing his lies. Godly people can do all this and more in the privacy of their bedroom without offending those not married or in relationships

I will never get this notice me, notice me attitude of people. You take Gods gift and you turn around and use it to taunt and disrespect . He gives the breath of life, He gives health, He gives wealth………don’t believe all these lies. There’s no good thing in worshipping the devil……..at the end we shall believe but it ll be too late.

• jcsgrl January 27, 2014 at 2:38 pm

You are loved brethren…truly loved. No truer words have been spoken. I’ve come to the conclusion that Beyonce has no other talent than to sing and dance half naked on stage while gyrating hips provocatively and opening her inner chambers for the world to see. Like @MamaMia, Pink’s performance was art. Now that is talent. Look at John Legend, even Taylor Swift gan. I noticed that its people who cant be creative that resort to dancing and singing like a whore. And the thing Bey can sing and she doesnt need all that. Why is she trying to be like Rihanna? I don’t get it! Oh well, my dear let us not allow them to take us to the edge of the cliff and watch us jump. Tufiakwa

• jannelle January 27, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Yawn
    NEXT…..

• RM January 27, 2014 at 3:09 pm

there’s nothing to see here,Rihanna has done it all,its almost as if shes trying too hard to be rihanna…i dont blame her sha..gotta keep jigga’s focus on her lol

• 263Belle January 27, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I really found their perfomance to be boring. I like their realtionship is cute but I think Beyonce is “sluttin” it up to keep up with the Mileys of the world. Its funny how she keeps talking about having earned the right to be herself, I find it hard to believe that she really is all about PDA, grab-assing and rocking “yeast infection” thongs at award shows.

• kokie January 27, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Who knew Beyonnce wanted to be like Miley Cyrus.
    Mid life criss or this is to make up for dwindling popularity ?

• Curiousjill January 27, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Boring

• jeans January 27, 2014 at 7:02 pm

really

• Nollywodgaga January 27, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I didn’t like the performance
    The best ones were Kendrick Lamar and Daft Punk

• Mama Mia!!! January 27, 2014 at 10:51 pm

YES! Just saw the Awards till finish… One word, Kendrick all the way!!! best performance of the night!!!

• janine January 28, 2014 at 12:59 am

All I see are “excuses” to hate Beyonce. All the venom still aint got nothing on ‘em so save urselves the pain nd go to sleep. Hos be talking about being slutty and still they’ve had more fingers and things up them than a bowling ball. Forming decencY behind the screen #swerve. Love you Bey and Jigga and more grease to ur elbow Bella.

• ZuluCanadian January 28, 2014 at 6:56 am

LOL, wow you’ve got to love the freedom of expression whether good or bad …. makes for an interesting end to my day at the office …Thank You

• merci January 28, 2014 at 9:23 am

no one is hating, bey is an amazing singer,her voice texture is awesome. but this performance isnt just fair for the sake of our children. will u smile at your daughter if she grinds like this on stage/public? please parents lest be watchful!!!

• talkaboutit January 28, 2014 at 8:30 pm

this generation is sick,beyonce is half naked,Jay Z is decked up in suit…..the woman always has to pay the price….crazy!