Omowumi Akinnifesi - Workout - February 2014 - BellaNaija 02

2014 is all about fitness.

Last week, BN brought you photos of our male stars who are staying in shape for the year. Didn’t see it? check it out. Now we are shining the spotlight on the ladies.

To get that favourite frock to drape perfectly on their bodies, Waje, Omowunmi Akinnifesi, Chika Ike, Joselyn Dumas, Moet Abebe are sweating it out in the gym.

Take a look!
Omowunmi Akinnifesi
Omowumi Akinnifesi - Workout - February 2014 - BellaNaija 01

Chika Ike
Chika Ike - Workout - February 2014 - BellaNaija 02Chika Ike - Workout - February 2014 - BellaNaija 01

Joselyn Dumas
Joselyn Dumas - Workout - February 2014 - BellaNaija 02

Moet Abebe
Moet Abebe - Workout - February 2014 - BellaNaija 01

Waje
Waje - Workout - February 2014 - BellaNaija 01

55 Comments on No Pain, No Gain! See Omowunmi Akinnifesi, Chika Ike, Joselyn Dumas & Waje Keeping Fit
  • olori Tari February 10, 2014 at 2:25 am

Loool, the struggle is real. Way to go jare !

• Nystyle February 10, 2014 at 3:14 am

Chika Ike dey craze,ur mates r working out real hard, u’r there taking photo shots of urself playing with equipments lol. Ur own is forever anthing to show off ur locality!

• sigh February 10, 2014 at 11:28 am

I swear HAHAHA!!! See as she dey use water bottle do like doll baby. MGBEKE # 1 OF NOLLYWOOD = CHIKA IKE!!!

• navida February 12, 2014 at 4:27 am

You took the words out of my mouth. I’ve always known her as mgborie not even mgbeke… lmao mgbeke no1 of nollywood.

• Miss_Flygerian February 10, 2014 at 3:29 am

Good one ladies. Team stay fit and healthy.

• pink February 10, 2014 at 3:41 am

Instead of No Pain, No Gain it should have been “By Fire! By Force!” :D

• Hatexercise February 10, 2014 at 3:54 am

Waje is just d realest

• Bossom February 10, 2014 at 3:57 am

Joselyn’s trainer has a hard-on. Hehehe

• Energybilll February 10, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Buhahahaha! Thought I was the only one that noticed. #seenoevil

• fara February 10, 2014 at 4:06 am

Instead of killing yourself in the gym and snapping pics up and down, how about addressing you diet?? Diet is the real reason people like Waje struggle to experience any meaningful weight loss. Let the truth be told…she is forever posting exercise pics on her instagram but she has basically looked the same for years…..same with Omowunmi…funny how she is posting these pics after she received some criticism about how she looked at a recent social event…all of it is attention seeking behaviour….look at Sasha P, she has lost significant amounts of weight and no attention seeking silly pics…its good to work out o. Don’t get me wrong, but all this just reeks of attention seeking. As for Moet…no comment….

• sigh February 10, 2014 at 11:30 am

Altho I dunno their personal diets and habits, i agree with u that it’s much more than posting work out pix… Half the time, people struggling with weight issues cannot pass up that bread or that rice and goat meat.. or they just eat rubbish and not real nutritious food in decent qty.

• Lolade February 10, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Agreed. let them post pics of every single thing they eat for a week then we’ll take them seriously. the diet of the average Nigerian woman living in Nigeria is appalling. and I am including myself as well. we can really do better.

• gh_Mk February 10, 2014 at 4:07 am

finally! We African women need to start taking fitness seriously…

• seki February 10, 2014 at 4:08 am

Waje looks like shes about to pass out. You better werk!!

• Cancel Reply February 10, 2014 at 4:46 am

People must sa turn everything into picture moments!Soon we will start seing pictures of people while they are pooping…wait, Tee Billz did that already…sigh!

• http://yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.co.uk/ February 10, 2014 at 5:09 am

BN, next please!!!!! Ana m ayo unu biko

yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.co.uk/

• word February 10, 2014 at 5:18 am

so glad they all have trainers…. if you can afford it always get one good one coz they help you push harder

• DJ STELCH February 10, 2014 at 5:20 am

Awwwch, to be fit and Relevant in the game is no childs play ooo, if you can’t beat them, join them. #BurnItUp!! #NoPainNoGain!!

• Iyke February 10, 2014 at 10:10 am

I wouldn’t say it’s about staying relevant…rather it’s all about enhancing the quality of your life.When you look after your body, your body will definitely look after you.
      Like someone earlier said, focus should be more on nutrition as fitness is 80% nutrition, 20 exercise.I’d rather spend money on healthy nutrition than millions on shoes and bags.
      Well done to all the ladies that are making an effort to stay healthy.

• Bleed Blue February 10, 2014 at 1:51 pm

And our Iyke is back.

Stay positive baby! We love you that way ;)

• missme February 10, 2014 at 5:43 am

lmao at waje’ jumping

• Rick February 10, 2014 at 6:54 am

Chika Ike is a joke.

• kristo February 10, 2014 at 7:02 am

Babes keep it up. Ur body are some thing else

• CarliforniaBawlar February 10, 2014 at 7:50 am

I’m not even hating but how did Chika manage to make working out look ngbeke’ish??!
    Her skills are overwhelming….na wah oh!

• no heart to hate February 10, 2014 at 7:50 am

that’s good

• Hurperyearmie February 10, 2014 at 8:40 am

Waje and Moet are so real!!!!!!!!

• Great Portland Street February 10, 2014 at 8:55 am

Lol no be small thing o! If u can’t beat them u join them. Well done ladies!

• amakadon February 10, 2014 at 8:59 am

omawunmi, waje and moet are so real. Chika just showing off.

• Fashionista February 10, 2014 at 9:01 am

Lol @ Waje. she’s just so real.

• Mumuni February 10, 2014 at 9:05 am

Waje looks like 500naira semo…………..

• Bella February 10, 2014 at 9:13 am

about darn time the fitness trend caught on in Nigeria o.

• John February 10, 2014 at 9:20 am

Only Omowunmi seems to be at a real gym…the rests seems to be working out at their backyard. For Chika Ike, that one’s case should be referred to TB.

• Modella February 10, 2014 at 9:36 am

Omowumi Akinesefe(watever the spelling) need it real bad,to think she is a beauty queen! Moet ,pls don’t gym to still add to your muscular oo

• Laury February 10, 2014 at 9:47 am

make una no kill chika ike ohhhhhhh

• just me February 10, 2014 at 9:57 am

Nice one! But chika,u haven’t started anything yet! Omowumi, Dumas n Waje r d ones digging it 2 me oooo. I work out n trust me, machine drills ain’t it

• onahboy February 10, 2014 at 9:59 am

Awesome pics

• Hannah February 10, 2014 at 10:04 am

fake girls. lolz

• Chu-Chu February 10, 2014 at 10:06 am

Chika just dey pose sha..kai lmao.

• Mariaah February 10, 2014 at 10:51 am

Awww.. See Waje.. Babe don tire! Kpele..

• Tim February 10, 2014 at 11:04 am

Chika a big clown cykling .

• NaijaPikin February 10, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Chika Ike’s just looks staged. Like she was posing.

• FifiRose February 10, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Oh how i wish this becomes the new trend in Africa, Women taking care of their bodies to look fit, instead of of always looking flabby.

The african fitness female inspiration is Mzansi sexiest and confident chick Boity Thulo and Minnie Dhlamini (minnie is curvier like me but fitter), then in nigeria it is Stephanie Okereke, Genevieve Nnaji and ghana it is Jocelyn Dumas. I am actually shaped like Joycelyn but i am shorter than her (5’1). I concentrate more on my belly area than anything, Now am working on my arms. Everyone else i dont care for.

But truth be told the african MALE entertainers look have to look more fit I mean its like 99% of them have love handles. Not a good look. Jim Iyke, Mike Ezerounye, John Dumelo etc etc etc . That chocolate milk looking Uche model dude that Bella posted last week, maybe he can teach them a thing or two.

• FifiRose February 10, 2014 at 5:09 pm

chika ike makes my skin crawl. cant stand to look at her for a second. So RAzzz, and such a poser. Nothing about her is ever natural, not in film not in real life.

• Me February 10, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Chief Chika Ike, the poser of life. When u snapped in a court room, then the gym is a like your normal movie scene na, abi no be so?Joker

• Miss_Flygerian February 10, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Oluwa o, see as una don finish Chika Ike for hia!!!

• ty February 10, 2014 at 6:20 pm

lol, this chika is just a clown, but lets not lie she has a good body

• Curiousjill February 10, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Lmao at omowunmi . The orobo diss must have really gotten to her. Genetics did her in sha

• ty February 10, 2014 at 6:30 pm

i put on a lot of weight cuz i was living in d diaspora and i know all d things i ate there, i would have kfc for breakfast and chinese for dinner, because i am very picky with food, i ate rice almost everyday and noodles when rice wasnt available..it was horrible, well, i was also joggling work with school, but now that im back, i know its not all about exercise, first of all, i have drastically reduced my food intake, i go d extramile to cook vegetable soup and moimoi everyday, i drink only water, i only eat rice during d weekend. and i have already lost 2kg. i have about 21kg to lose. but when i have reached half through dieting, then i will start exercising. the struggle is real but i miss d chinese food sha..kai!

• Felinda1 February 10, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Rice Addict Anonymous. I thought I was the only one. I live in usa, thanks to God, I hate fast food, sweets, chocolates and I cant even stand smell of cheese let alone eat it, but my weakness is rice and yams and cos of that I can never loose weight.

I can eat rice 24/7 cos like many africans that is what we grew up on, and unlike asians ( Chinese and indians) who only eat at fist full of rice plus plenty vegetables we africans wete brought up to eat at least 2 cups at a sitting with some stew no vegetables. I always wondered how come asians are never big yet all they eat is white rice, well after much research I found out they were brought up to chew well well liquidt before they swallow so the rice has already digested b4 it hit their engine stomach , I guess like goats, we on the other hand we bite that yam, it last one second on our tongue we swallow gbramw, so now b4 the poor guy is going to take time to digest in our stomach thereby forming fat. Bottom line is they eat a lot of rice but more vegetables.

Anyway me since jan 1st my new lifestyle is Paleo (Google it) no grain no wheat and so far its goibg well I lost some weight and am walking leslie sansone at home 4 miles a day. We shall see sha. I am 158, I am petit e so I want to go to 125. My inspiration celeb shape I will say Kim Kardashian. I dont want to be skinny like jada pinkett, ewww. Too tiny.

Ps: sorry for typis, am using phone

• Love me Love me February 10, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Miss ty, please start exercising at once. Starting with a diet alone, will not take you far particularly if if it affects you metabolism. The seating will make you feel better too.

Ladies keep it up. a little movement is better than nothing. Go Waje go.

• MissKejetia February 10, 2014 at 9:50 pm

I applaud their efforts. Ladies keep it up but you all have to remember that YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT…

• sharedthots.blogspot.com February 11, 2014 at 1:07 am

Beyonce has as many hours in a day as myself so I’m gonna werk it/run/jog/twerk/squat/lunge/diet/benchpress/swim till I’m fit.

• wanday February 12, 2014 at 4:34 pm

People that r dissing mowunmi. Na wa o. Wetin concern una. If she has gained some kilos what’s d biggie. Abeg, she looks good not like some rail thin babes I see nowadays. Moreover, mowunmi has always been a curvy girl. So cus she is an ex beauty queen, she must look a certain way. Haba