Waje, 2Baba, Patoranking & Timi Dakolo revealed for The Voice Nigeria!

The Voice Nigeria 2
“The Voice” is now in Nigeria.
The popular reality TV music talent show has landed on our shores and the coaches have been revealed today during a press event at the George Hotel in Ikoyi.
They are Waje, 2Baba, Patoranking and Timi Dakolo.

Timi Dakolo Waje

Speaking at the press conference, the Director, M-Net West Africa, Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu said: β€œIt’s an exciting time for us at M-Net. The Voice is an internationally renowned franchise and has consistently provided exciting television content whilst giving great opportunities to talented individuals to showcase their talent to the world. The Nigerian adaptation will be no different and our viewers can expect the best television entertainment even as we wait to discover the next generation of talented singers!”

Commenting on the unveiling of Coaches, Ahmad Mokhles, the Chief Commercial Officer of Airtel Nigeria, sponsors of The Voice Nigeria, noted that Airtel is passionate about creating platforms that will delight, excite, entertain and engage talented youth as well as telecoms consumers across the country.

The show is sponsored by Airtel and will air on Africa Magic.

The Voice Nigeria 1
Will you be watching?

26 Comments on Waje, 2Baba, Patoranking & Timi Dakolo revealed for The Voice Nigeria!
  • Spunky January 19, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Another one? Good combination though. I hope they maintain the standard.

• Noms January 19, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Yes, I will

• jingle bell January 19, 2016 at 2:39 pm

abeegi they should go away!!! no one is watching!!!

• Wale January 19, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Good vocal judge…… well selected. between, why aint you dropping hit after hit? Your vocal is far from this shore but you need to step-up sis!

• Anony January 19, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Which one be between for this matter? Na wah o

• tim January 19, 2016 at 3:31 pm

For sure I will watch it!! Very dope and classy combination of coaches. Timi dakolo,waje,patoranking and of course the legendary,unstoppable and ever blazing 2baba! Its definitely worth my time!

• Shagga January 19, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Patio ranking? Plsss…….. What was the criteria for selecting these coaches? 2face and waje are the only two I really feel have much to offer.

• Akanke January 19, 2016 at 4:14 pm

Yaaayyyy… can’t wait.. I am so watching… patoranking tho… how he go coach? It’s all good…

• prince January 19, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Timi Dakolo’s voice is in a class of its own, Waje, need I say more. 2baba is a big yes for me even though I can’t rehearse with his song but he’s sure good. my main challenge is Patoranking, what will he be coaching, that guy has no voice forget winning #NEXTRATED, Tiwa Savage made me know him with Girlie O remix.
    i’ll be watching sha!!!

• cindy January 19, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Will I see pharrell Williams? No? I’ll pass then??

• Shagga January 19, 2016 at 8:31 pm

The fact that Timi damola can sing does not mean that he will be a good coach. Besides isn’t he of idol fame and now he is on the voice? Clearly these people are not thinking about branding. I see tuface bringing experience and a maturity to the competition. He is one of those artists that also likes other artists so I believe he will make a good coach. Plus he is a prolific artist. I don’t know if I can say the same for the rest Anyway sha nigerian things always have k leg

• Shagga January 19, 2016 at 8:31 pm

I mean Timi dakolo*

• B.E January 19, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Wasn’t Cheryl Cole from xfactor or pop idol? Hasn’t she been a successful judge on xfactor??

Whats your point exactly? Because you’ve been a product of a project doesn’t mean you can’t lead the project!!!

• Awhotu January 19, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Thank you at BE I don’t get it with this people

• Shagga January 20, 2016 at 3:04 am

Cheryl Cole was never a contestant on xfactor or idol. Check your facts. Google is your friend. Timi dakolo is the face of idols, Timi dakolo is synonymous with the idols brand. can’t we find other people for the voice which is a unique brand on its own.? Hian!!! Is there a shortage of people in Nigeria to fill this role? Maybe his relative or friend is one of the organizers…….

• Bleed Blue January 20, 2016 at 8:23 am

Cheryl was a contestant on Pop Stars, and I also think it doesn’t matter where someone rose from.

This is work and as long as Timi doesn’t have an exclusivity agreement with the other show, then by all means he should be able to independently showcase himself as his own brand.

• Missy J January 19, 2016 at 9:20 pm

@Shagga you know nothing. Timi Dakolo was on the first edition of West African Idols where he emerged the winner, Timi is the vocal coach on Nigerian Idol. For me I think he is over qualified for the show.
    My problem here is Tuface, Tuface in an interview admitted that he has NEVER done vocal training, how then is he to coach others? Yep he is a good musician but Tuface is far from being a vocal coach.
    I thought Aunty Waje is a Glo ambassador?

• Shagga January 20, 2016 at 2:57 am

Timi dakolo is the vocal coach on Nigerian idol? And winner of west African idol? All the more reason why he shouldn’t be on this show. X factor and idols have the same producers go and check your facts before you say I know nothing. Cheryl Cole was not a contestant on xfactor and then later a judge on idol. There is a difference. I repeat tuface has the experience, genuine love for music and genuine love for other artists to be a coach. I am not sure if he has had vocal training but how many Nigerian artists have? Tuface has a track record in the music industry that is unmatched by Timi , patoranking and waje all put together. He has his own style of singing unlike Timi who tries to sing like Michael Bolton. He is a wannabe. I do not believe Timi should be a coach on the voice for many reasons and I stand by it. As for patoranking, he doesn’t belong there either. This line up is not exciting and as I said before the Nigerian version of everything is always sub par. Why?

• george from cameroon January 20, 2016 at 6:45 am

shaga or whatever u call urself stop being stubborn and take advice , Timi is a good judge and stop saying he is a wannabe , him being a baritone just like micheal bolton doesnt make him dat, cuz i will recognize timi voice on the radio even if its a boltons song thus dats dats identity. secondly i hear some guys dashing patoranking, being a juge on a talent show does not necessarily need the biggest voice or a particular type of music ,patoranking is there for diversity cuz artist will definatelt show up with diverse brands and the truth is reggae and pop artist are tend to be minimized of not having the VOICE but dats not all true,remember ceelo green has juged on the VOICE before, and to those talking abt tuface ,he may not be a vocal coach but sure knows alot abt music thus he will challenge himself(artist in hollywood take riskto challenge demselves and grow so dont see why he cant emulate dat) LASTLY, SHAGGA U SEEM TO AS UR PROB IS NOT EVEN THE JUDGES BUT UR VEXATION OVER UR COUNTRY!!! IF U HATE UR COUNTRY DAT MUCH DEN RELOCATE AND STOP BEING AN ”OIK”’

• Shagga January 20, 2016 at 10:27 am

@george from Cameroon, first of all, Michael Bolton is NOT a baritone. He is a high tenor. I will gladly take advice but I will only take it from people who know music. Timi dakolo tries to copy his voice and goes around screaming at the top of his lungs all in the name of singing. I no vex 4 my country, I am vexed about the way we do some aspects of our entertainment in this country. Someone has something to say that you don’t like and you label that person a hater. We don’t even like to take criticism no matter how constructive. Timi dakolo is a wannabe and him winning west African idol and being the synonymous with the idols brand does not qualify him to be a coach on the voice. Check ceelo greens track record pls. Patoranking for diversity? If they wanted diversity they could have brought a qualified producer or a Fuji artist. Let’s have diversity for real. Let’s have people who really know their music. This line up is far from exciting. I am putting my money on tuface!!!!!! Tuface is a real artist hence, his prolific songwriting, commercial success and strong loyal till death do us part fan base. Can’t say same for d others.

• Amara Ogbonna March 6, 2016 at 8:50 am

Shaggy please get a life. The judges have been chosen, if you dont like it please dont watch. Why show your hate and dislike over what you dont even have control over and sounding so petty.

• olajumoke January 20, 2016 at 4:00 pm

@shagga, i disagree with you completely about timi Dakolo, you will know a wannabe when you hear one! That is the voice he has been blessed with… How do you even judge a vocal coach? He /she knows where to place high notes. low notes, octaves etc and knows how well a particular person should sing a song. For me, Tuface is not supposed to be there, he is supposed to be like Joke Silva in MTN project Fame, an Advisor…not because he is not a talented musician but i believe he cannot pass on the message of voice coaching unto others, probably he might be able to pass on the message of stage entertainment but not voice coach. I do believe Timi Dakolo is a fit and proper person to be there.

• dennypeace January 22, 2016 at 10:42 am

Please and please I just want to know when they are going to get in contact with those that have auditioned…(For those dat are criticising and condemning each of d coaches) why not sit tight and wait if any one of dem won’t be able to coach d contestants properly,I want u to understand d fact dat they are there to impact the standard of tone and not to invoke it…so its left to the contestant to grab it or not…cos voice is a natural gift…I’m optimistic and neva pessimistic cos I believe my hope is in realistic

• cynthia chivir February 7, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Every of the coaches selected have been put there for a reason. If they weren’t good enough to coach or handle the contestants, then they wldnt b Dere.as for patoranking, he wld make it easier for dose that chose reggae as their genre of music. And who told u shaggy dat people who sing reggae aint got gud voices. That one na lie o. Pls any news about d selection.?like we are still waiting for when they would get across to the contestants.

• norm March 2, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Asa would have made a better judge than Girlie o!

• Idara March 22, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Pls how do I apply for the competition