Years ago, wigs used to be for our mothers and grandmothers. It was not fashionable for one to wear a wig as a young lady; but that’s not the case anymore.
Wigs are in! Especially since so many modern and versatile styles are now being created as wigs. It is even hard to tell the difference between a wig and sew-in these days as there are professional stylists who have mastered the skill. Many of us are now wig lovers with good reason.
Let’s have a look at some of the advantages of wigs over sew-ins
- One doesn’t need to sit through the construction of the wig whereas you’d have to be present if you were having your hair installed or sewn-in.
- You can always take the wig off and let your natural hair breathe
- It’s much easier to style hair on a mannequin than on your own head
- One can change hairstyles more frequently with wigs. On the other hand it would be tedious having to sit through weave installation process every two weeks.
- It is less damaging to your hair because there is not thread pulling at your hair.
- It is much easier to wash your natural hair thoroughly and more frequently
Wigs are awesome, but you better not get into a fight with your wig on, because if your opponent knows, she will target it! It can be very embarrassing to have your wig pulled off at a social gathering and I’m sure that’s the main reason why some of us don’t fancy wigs. However with band and combs installed on wigs, it would take real effort to pull the wig off.
Weighing the pros and cons, which would you go for, a wig? Or installed weave?