Glory

On this episode of her weekly vlog “Discovery”, Glory Edozien talks about the 6 important questions anyone should ask a would-be spouse.

She writes,

I love love…so I tend to always get quite excited anytime I am talking about relationships. On today’s edition of Discovery, I am sharing 6 questions you should be asking your partner before you tie the knot.

As much as I am a love bird and spend half of my time blowing heart shaped bubbles and memorising every love song ever written, I still think there is a place for purposeful dating. As my aunty once said, when it comes to relationships you need to give your brain time to think. Many times we rush into love. Things progress quickly and we find ourselves saying ‘I do’ in front of a priest. Then real life begins and we start wondering who the person lying in bed next to us really is!

My advice is to always create space in your relationship for honest conversation. Conversations about values, ambitions, priorities- yes the lovey dovey stuff is important, but knowing how compatibility of your values and future plans is just as important.

Watch the vlog here:

11 Comments on Glory Edozien shares “6 Important Questions to Ask Before You Get Married” | Watch
  • Jacqueline Oludimu March 14, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Marriage is not something you do without brains. Let him steal your heart but not your head. Talk, ask questions. Well said ma’am.

• Aurora March 14, 2016 at 8:21 pm

She so pretty

• Mabel March 15, 2016 at 6:55 am

@Aurora, she was given the perfect name. Her name totally matches her face and personality.

• Noms March 14, 2016 at 8:53 pm

I am one person who asks a guy questions to the point he says …slow down now…you will know all you need to know.
    Currently,the issue of which church to attend is up with this guy and I. We are in the knowing state but based on my “askingmania ” self ,I have asked and the answers have been different on several occasions. The funny thing is I was a member of the said denomination before,so sometimes he says”be ready to go back to your root” or “just go and pray well well”…

• le coco March 15, 2016 at 6:18 am

@noms.. i feel you.. the church thing is a big issue.. bt it is so do-able.. my folks have been maried 26 years and go to different denominations. it has never been an issue… my dad has never been a fan of these new generation churchs.. so he sticks to what he knows… as for the kids.. we all went with mom.. bt tht cn change at any point.. no wahala.

i dont know what denomination it was that you left.. but i believe you left for a reason…. dont lose sight of that all for marriage.. if there is something that yu dont agree with within the doctrine of that denomination.. pls speak up.. no man is soo amazing to risk going to hell fire

• Mina March 14, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Nice message…buh Gloria’s dentition though??? no homo.

• Mrs A March 14, 2016 at 10:43 pm

Non verbal communication is more honest than words.
    Asking questions is all well and good but more importantly, watch his actions, when giving his opinion about other people what does he say. How does he treat his family etc.
    If you ask questions, especially in the beginning of your relationship, he will just tell you what he thinks you want to hear.

• Marian March 15, 2016 at 1:33 am

Pray! Pray! and Pray! Sadly some people can act the part and give you all the right answers. Don’t be manipulated. If your close friends and parents are against the relationship, there may something to it. Don’t dismiss without proper investigation.

• Ijebujesha March 15, 2016 at 5:24 am

This is the most sensible of all those marriage/relationship.vlog videos that I have seen. Only very few will be able to appreciate the WEIGHT of the last point- your partner must have at least 1 person that he deeply reveres and listens to.This is very crucial but many won’t be able to understand until.they have a spouse who lacks any such personality in his/her life.

• Puzzles March 15, 2016 at 8:33 am

I really enjoy your videos, Glory. I sincerely pray that God gives you your heart’s desire and God would use him to bring you peace and happiness

• kkay March 15, 2016 at 12:46 pm

I love this piece . In a society/culture where every woman is hounded by family, friends and even foes on when they would get married, many rush in without doing the needful.
    Ask questions, get answers. Pray, observe, find out through background checks and do not lose your head. This goes for both man and woman.

A man once told me it matters who the mother of a man’s children are. That’s just to emphasize values. The same applies to who the father to a woman’s children are.
    Where godly values are lacking,marriages and families fail. The end is a failed society.