News

New Music: Ashionye Feat. MI – Rock Me

BellaNaija.com

Ashionye New MusicAshionye is out with a new single featuring man of the moment – MI. The song is titled ‘Rock Me‘. It’s a mid-tempo dance track. The track is one of 3 singles which Ashionye currently has on radio rotation. Check on it.
[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/01-Rock-Me.mp3]

1. THE AMAKA

August 14, 2009 at 7:30 pm

this song has a nice beat. i like it.
    its still a little slow.
    but nice song anyway.

2. Ray

August 14, 2009 at 7:49 pm

Like The Song..I Got It On Replay..Hope To Hear More From Her….

3. niyi

August 14, 2009 at 9:25 pm

still trying to decide if i like it or not….now i’m leaning towards not…….

4. sweetie

August 14, 2009 at 10:43 pm

the only thing from ashionye that i like…..nice song

5. Peju

August 15, 2009 at 3:34 am

dont like the song or the chic…i have still not forgiven her for her true love interview…where she referred to the Naija accent as local…lol

i wish her luck with her career tho!

6. Bola

August 15, 2009 at 4:56 pm

i dont get, so wats her own accent? cuz i can i can hear naija in her voice…

7. THE AMAKA

August 15, 2009 at 6:59 pm

yeah its a shame we have people like that.
    so embaressed by the way they talk.
    even in a lot of nollywood movies not its not enjoyable to watch because they try and talk like americans or white girls.
    its so irritating. why cant they just be happy in the way they talk? whats up with all these forced accents.
    just another way of saying that americans are better.
    i HATE and dont understand why people would be embaressed by the way their own people talk.
    i was born and raised in the US and my mother still has a strong accent after being here almost 25 years. and im glad she kept it. most people will be trying to lose the accent.
    na wa oo!!

8. bukkie

August 15, 2009 at 7:22 pm

i truely hate her

9. Ola

August 15, 2009 at 11:53 pm

I really can’t believe what this babe said in that interview – I looked up what Peju said and it was on bella naijas former blog – talking about “I gained this accent when I lived with my uncle in the U.S for nine months when I was nine, the accent just stuck…” and “I wouldn’t have got to where I am now if I had a local accent…” SMH. What absolute rubbish!!!

Anyhoo track ain’t all that, even with M.I and that is saying something!!! Back to the drawing board Ashionye!

10. policeisyourfriend

August 16, 2009 at 3:15 am

lol!!!i remember that story on bella’s blog and the insult that followed after…very fake babe…its no surprise her album never did well

11. Bola

August 16, 2009 at 5:41 am

LOL, poor chica.
    Abeg o, how do such people get record deals o? im seeking one too…no jokes

12. pam

August 16, 2009 at 4:44 pm

not bad at all. i like

13. Mayowa Tekobo

August 16, 2009 at 7:06 pm

i so agree with you its a darn shame

14. Dayo B

August 17, 2009 at 7:49 am

This song sucks..BIG TIME! I love MI and all but dude is steadily spoiling his brand as a bonafide hip-hop artist by associating himself with every wanna-be crappy artist out there. MI came out strong and “Talk About It” can be easily deemed a classic. Ashionye has very little, if any, talent. I do not say this because of her ridiculously poor choice of words in the True Love interview. She obviously has a lot of growing up to do if she is ashamed of a Nigerian accent.

Abeg, Ashionye save the listening public’s ear drums and dont insult our intelligence with an entire track on auto-tune to cover your lack of talent.

15. yemi

August 18, 2009 at 3:00 am

lol…autotune!!!
    true talk

16. misseniola

August 18, 2009 at 8:12 am

i actually like it. [email protected] her comment to true love…wow….she sed dat? thats a darn shame doe…i like d song doe…mostly cuz M.I was on it.. plus i agree..he shudnt b on every ones song doe…ughh

17. Leo

August 18, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Lovely song. I think she’s finally got it right

18. jaybee

October 5, 2009 at 4:18 pm

i for one has neva liked ashionye,even b4 d truelove interview,cos she’s soooooooo fake.i even wonder why some section of the media refer to her as nigeria’a beyounce.that’s ridiculous!

19. Tanja

October 28, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Love this song!!!!!! greetings from Switzerland :o)

20. Tanja

October 28, 2011 at 7:49 pm

love this song greetings from switzerland :o)

21. Tanja

October 28, 2011 at 7:52 pm

i dont know the girl even the boy haha i just know they are nigerian. but i raly love the song and many people in switerland do :o) greetings from swiss