News

Meet the Beauty Divas: Toni Payne-Akande, Eni Balogun & Banke Meshida-Lawal cover Exquisite Mag

BellaNaija.com

Exquisite Mag - Toni Payne, Banke Meshida. Eni LiseThis trio of ladies are much more than make-up artistes, Cosmetics entrepreneurs Toni Payne-Akande, Eni Balogun and Banke Meshida-Lawal share the secrets of their success in the new issue of Exquisite Magazine. In a feature tagged ‘Bright & Beautiful’, these beauty divas show that you can turn your passion into business! Their respective lines – Toni Payne Cosmetics, Lise Cosmetics and BM Pro have been build a firm customer base over the years. Ride on Ladies!

1. policeisyourfriend

August 16, 2009 at 3:39 am

seun payne turned Toni payne…okay now!

2. Lulu

August 16, 2009 at 7:18 am

Very Beautiful Ladies. Loves It!

3. cassie

August 16, 2009 at 2:56 pm

abi na seun payne or toni payne … thats not the point. the point is that they are maiking suin out f their lifes.name not important in this context

4. ogo

August 16, 2009 at 8:49 pm

warms my heart to see three ladies in the same field on the same cover 🙂 girl power! cattiness is so last century.

great job, girls 🙂

x

5. Nneka

August 17, 2009 at 12:48 am

Lovely! Be truly inspired people!

6. africhika

August 17, 2009 at 3:02 am

this looks fabulous!

7. Cici

August 17, 2009 at 4:09 am

Wow, very beautiful. American/European makeup products should be banned in Nigeria.

8. Nneka

August 17, 2009 at 5:07 pm

That a ridiculously uncompetitive statement darling. Banned so that what? Banke and her cohorts can monopolize the market and command higher prices. The higher the demand, especially when supply is (pointlessly) narrowed down to 3+ folks, the higher the prices they can command. Abeg they are not the first entrepreneurs in the world so why should other (even though) foreign brands be banned for them?? On top make-up???? It’s not by force abeg. My (growing) MAC collection still rules baby.

Like I said earlier, kudos to the ladies but your comment has me dishing some ear popping hissssses.

9. Kpakpando Nwanyi

August 17, 2009 at 5:51 pm

ah ah so she can’t go by her other name again? It’s not like if you call her Seun she won’t answer

10. Elle Woods

August 17, 2009 at 6:59 pm

and your point is?

11. Tosin

August 17, 2009 at 9:29 pm

This is what is called bad belle. In marketing, some names just sound nicer! Leave Toni alone jo!

12. Cici

August 18, 2009 at 6:58 am

No offense. I don’t understand exactly what your point is. Are you saying, that their prices is more expensive than American/European products? I know i didn’t elaborate enough, but the point I was trying to make was that Nigerians need to start paying attention to their own.

Basically, I know how Nigerians idolize American/European products, and because of that they don’t pay attention to Nigerian based products, that also has quality. I love MAC too, but I tried Toni Payne, and it wasn’t bad at all. My point is, let’s support our own. Nothing serious.

13. Tokunbo

August 18, 2009 at 11:46 am

No need to argue, it depends on one’s preference. While it is good to promote our own, trying foreign products is not bad either. I love covergirl products any day, but I have not tried any home based products cos they are hard to find in Abuja. You cant walk into any mega stores and find them on the shelf. Perhaps if they improve on availability, they can get wider acceptance from Nigerian ladies

14. Lulu

August 18, 2009 at 6:13 pm

really gud ladies!keep up the gud work!!!entrepreneurship aint beans baybee!!!btw hhas ny1 tried taras orekelewa?it rocks!!!

15. Nneka

August 18, 2009 at 7:52 pm

I did not say their prices are higher than foreign brands. I am saying that if Nigerians are forced to depend on Nigeria-made makeup brands only, these brands will increase their prices since customers have no other choice but to buy Nigerian brands. E.g. if you are the only lace seller authorized to sell in Lagos you know that customers would rather buy from you than travel far to purchase lace. That allows you monopolize the market and control prices freely since you have no competitors to adequately caution your price shifts.
    Nigerians should not be forced to pay attention to home brands, not to talk of through a ban. These brands should promote themselves and give Nigerians home and abroad a good reason to switch to them. It’s a global economy baby. What goes around comes around, even in economic matters as simple as DD (demand) and SS (supply), imports and exports. I doubt if banning makeup would make national news in a hundred years; there are more important issues at stack back home.

Peace.

16. Cici

August 19, 2009 at 6:51 am

Oh ok, I get your point. Once again, nothing serious, i was been sarcastic too. Of course, American/European products will never be banned and it shouldn’t be banned. I’m aware of other important issues, and I know for sure banning makeup will never be an issue neither will it be considered an issue.

C’mon now, I’m not against trying foreign products, especially when I live in the States, that’s what I use, and I love them. I was just coming from my own experience. A friend of mine was so convinced that Nigerian products are useless, and has no quality. I agreed that maybe some, but some are good too, and try it before you generalize all of them.

17. funmi

August 28, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Its amazing, to see the three of them on the cover together, i hope as their faces look nice beside each other, that their hearts feel the same cos i know at some point two of them weren’t friends not to mention names.

18. segun

September 3, 2009 at 3:57 pm

jus wna say a big shout out 2 ma cousin Banke 4 doin a really gd job, mre grace 2 ur elbows nd d sme 2 d ova ladies.

19. sammy

September 3, 2009 at 9:40 pm

I love dis nd I love d mag….girl power

20. taiwo

September 12, 2009 at 12:44 am

Its eni d lise mystro looking so beautiful,love the eye work on u and love d 88 clr shadow.so r the other ladies too glowin.this is what the industry should b about ‘togetherness’ & its all easy sailing.People & gist of beefs i’m sure these people didnt know they had beefs until someone here mentioned.Lets just praise them and support them.Everyone started from somewhere i presume and they r puttn 9ja on the map.I’m a lise fan based in the uk,my sis picked up her products for me from 9ja.The quality seriously beats my mac menh…Goodluck ladies!

21. beau kadija

September 12, 2009 at 5:22 pm

This is just too inspirational.these women r all beautiful and i’ve been reading alot about their profiles on the net. Fantastic but no sure the owner of toni payne makeup in the online dish i just read says she’s not a makeup artist but a brand owner.Anyways u are all 3 doing a good job and keep it up.does anyone in benin carry their products or neibouring states?

22. barbs

October 6, 2009 at 7:05 pm

i am really overjoyed that we have such capable women in the make-up industry.

please where can we get their products?

23. asa nwa

December 1, 2009 at 9:23 pm

girl power!kip it up!

24. Whoa!!

December 14, 2009 at 10:27 pm

I don’t think Toni Payne looks that great… but hey.. what do I know! Bella will soon delete the comment now! na so she dey do!!!

25. Almona Nwamaka Barbara

April 8, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Avnt tried any of their stuff but I did like to go 4 training in Ellen balogun make-over

26. Nma