News

Orobo toh bad o!

I am angry, truly pissed off at Wande Coal! Why? Because he disappointed me and a host of others I am sure. I mean, I waited for months for the video of his fantastic hit song, “You Bad” to be released. And now a few months after its release I am still shaking my head in disappointment and in what I hope is righteous indignation.

The video fell short of my expectations! I had expected a battle of the bodies, the lepas vs. the orobos! I expected a video that would have had a plot along the lines of say Wande Coal entering a dance club and meeting two totally desirous but differently endowed ladies vying for his attention. It would have become a keen dance a la seduction contest between the lepa and orobo ladies and at the end of the day the “orobo toh bad o” would have won! Thus, the track would have become a bigger hit as the plus size women all over country would have adopted it as their anthem and also by a stroke of extra luck, some NGO supporting the rights of orobos would have adopted it as their official theme song or some such! He! He! He!

OK, I admit that the latter part of the above sounds a little far fetched but I hope someone’s getting my point? Because for real, I am getting tired of all these music videos that feature near anorexic chicks shaking non-existent booties! I am not racist but what’s with the skinny white girls appearing in our Naija videos? What is happening? I’ll tell you what is happening: the global fashion industry and the media sponsored by giant diet-pill-manufacturing conglomerates and their ilk have propagated the thin-is-in/skinny-is-healthy propaganda in order to boost copy and drugs sales. Now, everywhere I go I see skinny jeans! Sigh!

Men, when did we become so discriminating, denying our natural love for the big and beautiful physique? I mean, do we have to adopt everything Western? Thankfully, we now celebrate our own kind of music, literature, art etc. So why shouldn’t we feature Naija babes including orobos in the videos? Look at Nollywood, how many lepa women are featured? Very few as almost all of them are orobos! Indeed, a friend of mine swore that the only reason he watched Naija movies (especially the Yoruba ones) was that he was sure to see one or two big beauties! In fact, one particular pretty orobo actress comes to mind, one Folu…erm…never mind! Another friend received a phone call from some of his friends who were at a party. They told him to come over fast! There was a babe they wanted him to meet; a girl they knew he would be interested in. Guess what? She was orobo! How come? He says as an African and especially as an Urhobo man he prefers orobo ladies. Big women are beautiful. Most men like them. We like them. I like them, whether top-heavy, bottom-heavy, all-round-heavy, thick, chubby, bbbw or by any other nomenclature.

By the way what’s the big deal in a woman having a flat tummy? Overrated, I tell you! Some men need to see something wiggle and jiggle jo! Like D’banj sang, “Me, I be lepa, I no like bone to bone!” Word. Give us something we can hold on to…. a pillow a naturelle if you like. Some of us prefer rounded curves, smooth yet undulated vastness to angular joints, I hope I am not being overly graphic. I just can not help it if I am because orobos can be sexy too! I once had the pleasure of watching an uninhibited orobo lady display her moves on the dance floor and boy was every man in the room mesmerized! Now, I don’t know whether it was her moves, her body or a combination of both that caused time to literally freeze. Omo boys were almost drooling!

So calling out all you big and beautiful orobos, do not let anyone deceive you or look down on you; do not let yourselves be impressed by the fallacious ideal that thin women are preferred. You have a very very significant fan base. Believe! Orobo toh bad o!

Kindly note that I have avoided using the word “fat” in this write up to avoid insulting some sensibilities. I try to be as PC as I can! Also, to provide a definition and to forestall any arguments, orobo women are women who are not lepa; period.

Photo credits: Unknown

1. lola

May 21, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Tell them!
    Hehehehehehe
    I am first

2. lepatobado

May 21, 2010 at 5:19 pm

lovely lovely piece. and yeah the video was sooooo crappy!!!!

3. jess

May 21, 2010 at 5:24 pm

What the hell is this article about, it’s too long and boring

4. LB

May 21, 2010 at 5:28 pm

LMAO….I loved ur write up

5. JesuLayomiBella

May 21, 2010 at 5:34 pm

loooooool!

6. myopinionishonest

May 21, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Being over weight is not African. It has nothing to do with being Western or not. There is nothing beautiful about FAT

7. B

May 21, 2010 at 5:39 pm

I feel you got it twisted it is not the “orobos” that are being discriminated on it is the “lepas”.
    it has always been that way in Nigeria, you have taken western ideas of what beauty is and have made it an issue for Nigerians when that is not the case. “lepas” find it hard to fit in and that is a fact! The “orobos” have dominated and it is about time “lepas” are accepted in Nigeria! This needs to stop!!

8. B

May 21, 2010 at 5:42 pm

BTW In Nigeria you dnt get poked for being fat you get poked for being thin! .. btw funny image! lol

9. seun

May 21, 2010 at 5:44 pm

me i be lepa, and i love my flat tummy…..lol

10. B

May 21, 2010 at 5:44 pm

oops I mean .. In Nigeria you dnt get poked for being an Orobo you get poked for being a lepa!

11. luvbogg

May 21, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Okay o! well i dont know cos me i am constanting fighting with my weight and when i am trim i feel most confident and clothes fit better! so orobo toh bad? not totally ….

12. avari

May 21, 2010 at 5:56 pm

nice write up… i was expectin a hater and there we have it on top of me…. lol… i personally am an orobo and it has never bothered me… i gym to b healthy and make sure i eat healthy… but u up there sayin there is nothin good about ft u will be dead without it… just lettin u kno u ignorant boffun…. and if u made a comment u beliv is all so honest as ur name implies u must be allsostupid# not to understand this article… not once did he say that overweight is afrcan ad not all orobos are overweight.. ur future spuse will prob (or probably is) some 500 pound human… this is myownhonestopinion#

13. Xtina

May 21, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I am sorry… i think the beef for lepas is too much…this article is ridiculous its about preference. if a man likes lepa then let him go with that, if he likes fat then all good but please people need to cut lepas some slack. This writer is taking it personal

14. Hausa Babe

May 21, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Haba my fellow nigerians. chill on the guy now!!! Y’all seem to have ignored the underlying theme of the article. All he’s trying to speak on is his preference for big women, i dont think he was saying anything about them being the better of the population.

I totally agree with the whole idea of “lepa” girls and the contstant portrayal of them in videos being toatally western influenced, i mean in reality there are a broad spectrum of women, not just the orobos, or lepas, but those in between as well, how come we dont c those in videos?

Well, personally, i think Nigerian/African women are freakin sexy (no homo), whether you be lepa o, orobo o, albino o, we are sexy, not just physically but intellectually and spiritually!!! Nigerian Women: toh bad O!!!!

15. Grace

May 21, 2010 at 6:43 pm

I just think every woman should embrace her body size…..also try to be healthy and
    and fit. Ive been a size 14 UK for 10 years and no ‘skinny” girl intimidates me.
    I wear things that suit my figure and im very fit. I have no shortage of toasters
    either 🙂

16. Moi

May 21, 2010 at 6:52 pm

9ice written up piece got here…i agree with u, wen u say Men do want something to
    touch and feel at same time. Even when you distinctively differ ‘orobo’ as not being ‘fat’ but rather
    ‘plum’ if i could use that word; which brings me to the movie title “phat girls”…it speaks 4 itself.

As for Wande’s video…u got a good idea there..don’t u think you should niche this biz idea cos Mohit’s
    video’s lately have been trash…Ooops! i said it…so waht?..anywayz, kip it comin.

17. Nice Anon

May 21, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Fat get difference o! if we are talking about the likes of Gabourey Sidibe
    then hai!

18. anon

May 21, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Funny article…me likey. I doesn’t see why any skinny person should feel
    attacked…I don’t. Truth is some orobos will give lepas a run for their money e.g
    Jill Scott.

19. 9icegirl

May 21, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Lepa shandy all the way. Love my 25 inch waist, 36 inch hips, and perky bust! There is nothing I want to wear that I can’t fit in 🙂

20. Ms.Pinkus

May 21, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Hey, whatever rocks your boat. There is nothing wrong with being an orobo to bad but naija people always poke the lepa girls, this I know. Like seriously, I am comfortable in my skin stop trying to feed me.

21. xoxo

May 21, 2010 at 8:29 pm

I think presently in our society,its the orobos that are victimized.the pressure on young girls to become thin is overwhemling.and the truth is that I feel that its time we learn to celebrate what true beauty is to us as africans and nt let our european way of thinking becloud our judgement and make us forget what we have always known as true beauty(I need nt remind u about the fattening houses )

22. my2cents

May 21, 2010 at 8:32 pm

avari no vex o… hahaha!

23. London Bigz Gal

May 21, 2010 at 9:02 pm

This article made me chuckle, as an orobo lady myself i was soo disappointed with the ‘you bad’ vid i was just hoping for some voluptuous orobos like myself to show how hot we are to like the lepas.

24. NaijaCanadian

May 21, 2010 at 9:30 pm

Interesting piece but as a lepa, I beg to differ… It’s the lepa babes that are discriminated against in naija. A lot of naija men like massive attack and defence… Size shouldn’t even be an issue sef… Orobo and lepa toh bad at all….

• justsayin

May 2, 2011 at 5:59 pm

if u r discriminated against in only naija and accepted in other parts of the world, is it nt beta? dan 2 be accepted only in naija and discriminated against in other parts of the world

25. babylawyer

May 21, 2010 at 9:41 pm

all this analysis… live healthy, protect your temple and love the body you have been blessed with, forget the others, ‘attitude’ comes in different sizes.

26. Ujubaby

May 21, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Nawa o!

27. silva

May 21, 2010 at 10:23 pm

interesting, but i have to disagree with you… our music videos use skinny girls bcos ourmusicians want to be accepted by the western world. truth be told, over here its the lepas that are discriminated against. i can’t count how many people tell me to eat more and put on more weight. even my parents complain and compare with the girl that has more flesh on her bones. the truth is, humans can never be satisfied so no matter who you are, lepa or orobo, just love yourself, and ignore what people say about you, cos God created you that way for a reason….

28. brenda

May 21, 2010 at 10:24 pm

oh pls,men allover are goin for lepa s,hehehe

29. vickky

May 21, 2010 at 10:33 pm

LMAO. he seems like a slim guy who loves orobo babes. just a general obervation o! Seriously sha, both lepas and orobos are cute and sexy. just wear what enhances your features and move around confidently.

30. tt

May 21, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Forget all this size talk, my own is,what is really up with the white girls in our music videos, ahahn.
    I dont mind oh but when it becomes a reoccuring practice adopted by almost
    every artist it becomes a wonder, abi black babes are not going for audition?
    Then you expect me to like your videos (especifically for Darey Art Alade),
    some nerve! They will nw come nd be shaking some invinsible arse hiss.

31. Ujubaby

May 21, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Hahaha, tt has killed me wiv laughter! Invisible arse!

32. anita

May 21, 2010 at 11:10 pm

yessss ooooooooooooo its aba time somebody spoke out 4 the orobos

33. Miss Natural

May 21, 2010 at 11:57 pm

hmm this was interesting I have to say and yes I have always wondered why in most music videos ‘perfect’ girls with slender frames and ‘hot bodies’ are shown, its true there aren’t any orobo girls featured whether in Western videos or in Nigerian music videos. But, but and but, being a lepa myself i did take a couple of things personally. The one thing that came to my mind was, ‘its not my fault I’m skinny and I did suffer both in primary school and secondary school because of this. Ultimately,i agree with whoever said it was all about preference, the writer is stating a preference and even though it doesn’t favor me lol its all good. As long as we are comfortable in our skin and pretty is everywhere. It’s not just in lepas (too skinny is horrible) its also in orobo ladies!! That being said i like your image about the battle between the two sizes is pretty hilarious!

34. Addie

May 22, 2010 at 2:00 am

This guy just talk correct talk o

35. yettyprettyface

May 22, 2010 at 3:52 am

this article make lots of sense i feel you mr writer…….am chubby and pretty, sassy, sexy, tall, unbeatable fashionista name it and am chubby, personally i taught lepa girls rule, but later on i saw myself standing up …and saying big is beautiful…..u don’t need to be skinny , dry or dehidrated to look pretty just be you…..am not saying been overweight is good, but if your chubby be happy with yourself…..infact no lepa girl can beat me if it comes too sexy shape i can boast about that…….oroboh toh bad o! ride on big babes i feel you all lol.

36. Nene

May 22, 2010 at 4:17 am

I agree, in my former office in Nigeria, I was victimized for being ‘lepa’ until I travelled abroad and found out I was actually hot being skinny.

37. Miss Lawunmi

May 22, 2010 at 6:43 am

You said “Orobos can be sexy too”. No matter how much you try to make us think you and friends have preference for Orobos, that sentence gave you away. As for the video, I guess he was referring to himself as the Orobo cos he kept pointing to himself whenever he said “Orobo”. So I’m thinking he meant “Fat me and skinny you can run things babe.” LOL

38. RedHot~

May 22, 2010 at 7:33 am

TJ I officially heart you! Would you marry me?? *down on bended knees*…Lol..But seriously though, I’m glad that some men are coming out to admit that they like women with some flesh on their bones. Note that he did not say he likes overweight or fat women. He likes his women curvaceous, bootylicious and voluptuous, now that is my kind of man :o). And all of you that are hating, go and hug a bloody transformer after taking a dip in the ocean! :oP

39. dave

May 22, 2010 at 8:16 am

THE WRITER OF THIS ARTICLE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT?? ITS THE LEPA GIRLS THAT ARE ALWAYS DISCRIMINATED AGAINST. I WITNESSED IT ALL THROUGH MY LIFE IN NAIJA.

BESIDES LOTS OF NAIJA GUYS LIKE THERE WOMEN PRETTY FIRST, THEN CURVY AND VOLUPTOUS SO THE GUY WRITING THIS PIECE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT.

40. FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere

May 22, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Wande coal was refering to himself as the orobo and the girl as the lepa.
    If you watch the video you see him pointing at himself as the orobo(dbanj also pointed at him)
    and then pointing at the girl as the lepa.

Personally i think fat girls get made fun on more.Even way back from Pry school, we poked fun at them and called
    them all sort of names. Abeg if anybody doesnt like to be poked at for their weight,
    develop a thick skin and move on.If you are dissatisfied with the way you look,
    do something about it…loose weight or gain weight….if is impossible, suck it up and move on with your life
    abi?

In all nice article, and i think the writer is right, orobo girls are not really considered
    sexy in Nigeria.I have heard comments like “eya, that girl has a pretty face o but
    she is fat”

Now, to Naija based artiste using white women in their videos, that is such a shame and
    a retarded thing to do.I dont get how an artiste, who’s main target audience are
    Nigerians can use white women in their videos? Majority of the population is black
    infact scratch that, the whole population is black(i choose to ignore expats because
    they are not of significant statistics) so i dont see how that equates into white women
    in our music videos o!I guess most of them think Caucasian women depict class and
    think people will be in awe of the fact that there is an oyibo woman in the video.
    Rubbish i tell you!!Utter nonsense.May “oyibo is better than us” mentality not kill some of us.

41. silva

May 22, 2010 at 1:16 pm

@ Miss natural, lol… In secondary school i was nicknamed ‘flamingo’ and it didn’t help that my school uniforms were always too big on me….lol…

42. Titi

May 22, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Yeah he was referring to himself as the Orobo. I remember when the video came out, I was so disappointed to learn that he didn’t actually sing for ‘us’ LOL.

43. Mercury

May 22, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Like someone said above,I think its the ‘lepas’ that are discriminated against in Nigeria. Someone is always trying to tell you to eat something,or how you’d look ‘so much better’ if you just put on a little weight. I’ve also noticed its okay to make fun of skinny girls(e.g mosquito legs etc) but if you make fun of an ‘orobo’ u’re regarded as mean. Some of us are just naturally skinny,we can’t help it-its not a ‘Western thing’. And by the way,isn’t it these same Nigerian men that suddenly lose interest when their ‘lepa’ wives become orobos,and then they start chasing younger lepa girls???

44. OROBOlover

May 22, 2010 at 3:09 pm

wow!
    i loved this piece! probably bcoz i was also disappointed in the video and also that i have beef with the lepas!
    btw i especially loved ur definition of orobos…girls that arent lepas! LWKMD

45. jennietobbie

May 22, 2010 at 5:45 pm

bella calm down. I be lepa but I see your point and support everything that you’ve said. I mean….that’s it. We are Africans and should not copy the western life at all. lol @ y’all. I know everyone got her point….so WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up Bella

46. Wizzy

May 22, 2010 at 7:54 pm

You all forget that before the writer expressed his preference, he started off expressing his disappointment with the You Bad video. He had expected something that allowed orobo triumph over lepa.
    There is nothing wrong with being either lepa or orobo. However there is something wrong with being anorexic or obese. Focus on your health regardless of where you are ranked on the totem pole. Dress nicely and groom yourself to do your body justice!

47. Dee

May 22, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Well said, Wizzy. I concur!

48. Chika*

May 22, 2010 at 11:19 pm

I don’t know about you all but, I don’t want to be orobo and I don’t want to be skinny either.

49. mariaah

May 23, 2010 at 12:41 am

lol @ dis article..personally am a uk size 10 wit my KORRECT CURVES!!Iyes i av curves.. am a proud lepa tohh bahhdd gan!!It all about eatng healthy nd ish but i think sme peeps re naturally big, so my lepa keep being lepa too bahd, nd orobo embrace wit luv nd grace, eat healthy and show it off.. 🙂

50. Olivia M.

May 23, 2010 at 1:46 am

Mehn..Thank u for this write up. I’m orobo and my boyfriend likes it.lol.Though he wants me to maintain my flat belly.lol

51. WaleAdeniji

May 23, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Yes, there is nothing wrong with being “orobo toh bad”. I love my woman to have those curves in the right places. However, one thing is important, and this include men, try and have a flat tummy. I am trying very had to maintain a flat tummy. Depite not eating much, yet i see the tummy in a tug of war with me trying to protrude. I exercised to the point of breaking down but still this tummy won’t let me be. I will not relent ooo. Not being lepa, not being obese but living healthy is it. I think that is the most important. And to those artist using oyinbos in their vidoes at the detriment of our beautiful black ladies, shame on you all. What happened to our beautiful chicks?

52. olawunmi... toh behd o!!!!

May 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm

i love dis piece, am a lepa and i didnt feel attacked at all. When I’m in 9ja, I don’t feel discriminated against at all, i get ma fair share of toasting, but then so does ma cousin, whose about 2 sizes bigger than me, with a sexy booty (no homo)… Its all abt preference, obviously, 2 much fat isn’t good or healthy, but a size 14(UK) woman wiv a sense of style, confidence n d attitude 2 pull it off can be just as sexy as a size 8(UK).
    Anyway… moral of the story… both lepas and orobos are behd. Musicians simply need 2 grow sum balls and not be afraid 2 showcase all sizes in thier videos, but who is going to tell them???

53. Chika*

May 23, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Size 14 (UK) is by no chance fat ohhhhhhh! I know size UK(14) is US (10) and that’s a medium.

54. hotslimmatik

May 24, 2010 at 11:48 am

its a nice song

55. Di

May 24, 2010 at 12:46 pm

what amuses me most times is how the orobos always try convincing us they are sexy. u dont need to, the society might seem it prefers skinny, but men always know what they want be you lepa or orobo.
    i am lepa and proudly so, i have friends that are big and so attractive i am almost intimidated.
    big or small, for a woman to be attractive, its not abt size, its about how confidently she carries herself.

56. chin

May 24, 2010 at 5:38 pm

*SHAKE MY HEAD* the ignorance we face in nigeria…

fat people need to lose weight and adopt a better diet (nuff said),, and ur talking about “western world”, u wonder why their average age of living lies in 7th and 8th decade while nigeria’s is around 4th decade

nigerians EAT RIGHT!!!!!fat aint good,,, adopt a healthy diet!

57. Doll

May 24, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I like the humor behind the post….cracked me up

58. Big Jum

May 25, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Its so sad that in this day and age some peple dont know that you can be big but ot overwight.
    i came into my own when was 15 and believe me there has been no going back. Even when i fell seriously ill and lost alot of weigth i looked scary. thats just the truth, orobo is my middle name.
    I think they look better else why the inventions of wonderbra and botox and body enhancement etall.
    Its all aimed at trying get the body parts in right propotions which happens naturally for the orobo.
    so i say more power all orobos out there. we should start a club or something

59. Big Jum

May 25, 2010 at 1:43 pm

lol jinnietobbie, haba
    Bella did not write this piece
    Check out the name of the author and give unto Tj what belongs to TJ

60. Obi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2010 at 4:26 pm

human beings and vanity. Do not base your value of yourself on what other people think. Lepa, orobo, tall, short, dark, fair… who makes the rules? Just be good to yourself and be happy. This article is based on someone’s opinion. The fact that the opinion is similar or different from yours doesn’t make either of you right or wrong. When it comes to personal preferences there are no right answers, its just personal

61. beebola

May 25, 2010 at 10:05 pm

nice write-up bt huevr wrote ths seems mre like he ws hatin on lepas…..guys hv varying tastes…dey like em lepa or orobo its up 2d dude…..mayb artists shd use mre naij bbes in deir sngs bt its wt dey wnt mehn!……nufn against plus size women i js feel lyk ths article wz writtn by a plus size bbe hus hvn a really ruff day…seriously………

62. Jade

May 26, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Hmmmmmm All these comments
    Dont kill the Auhtor pls face reality. Some big girls are sexy and some are not. Some skinny girls are sexy and some are just plain sick. Men love all types so pls be aware that the author just likes good things which includes Orobor’s. Am big and sexy and am sure i can attract more men than some lekpa girls can. There’s also a difference btw Fat and Big
    Am Big,Hot and Sexy
    U go Tj

N.I

63. mo

May 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm

nuff said!!! caution is d key word,wateva u do NEVA LET URSELF GO!
    health has more gain dan outlook but a gud outlook also boost ur esteem n den ur spirit and den u r hapi n confident
    LUV URSELF COS U CANT GET WAT U DONT GIVE URSELF!

64. daniel

May 27, 2010 at 4:23 am

Wande coal’s video was a disaster. I expected More from him. I strongly believe that they should change their video director SESAN. I think he has exhausted his creative bank.

As for Orobo women ME I LOVE U O!

65. teggy

May 31, 2010 at 8:23 am

Small Orobo is a gud one only if the size is not affecting…..but must not increase more than necessary.

66. Contentwitmysize

May 31, 2010 at 11:18 pm

funny how after saying ‘orobo’ all thru d article, u cant help but call them fat
    at the end…..hahaha d obvious. Go straight to the point, abeg.

fat is fat!!!! dont hide behind ‘orobo to bad oooo’

67. David

June 4, 2010 at 7:02 am

It’s sad to see that fat women in Nigeria still can’t get with the program and realize
    that fat is not attractive. You can call it bbw/plum/chunky…fat is fat. Your jiggly
    breasts, cellulite ridden thighs, sagging skin are all signs of premature aging

There are tons of healthy food options available, there are also gyms. You don’t
    have to be a size 2 to be beautiful, but if you’re overweight and buldging out
    its in your best interest to get in shape. Most men prefer healthy, sexy, toned
    curves.

68. eazzie E

June 8, 2010 at 8:35 am

WHATEVER!!!! Fat is bullshit!!! i got friends who got dumped cos they too fat. once slim now put on weight. please Docs would always say stay healthy and since when did health and fat share a room??????// like they say light and darkness cannot blend. every fat lady has her quiet times especially when she sees lepa’s either at the beach or trying a sassy top that u just wont fit into because of either your stretchy marks or excess arms. no harm guys but please dont patronize the slim ladies while silently feeling sorry for yourself.
    Am out!!!

69. Ency

June 8, 2010 at 10:12 am

Good thing you didn’t use the word “Fat”, maybe “horizontally challenged” would sound better and by the way, small body no be sickness…We might be small, slim and all but we still turn heads;-)…and obviously not seeking to turn a head like yours:D

70. tope

June 8, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love this article. Thank you so much for this

71. Wawa

June 11, 2010 at 3:14 pm

I think that with a lot of Wande Coal’s videos directed by Sesan, the theme behind the video didnt necessarily match the song… Same with Bumper to Bumper but that aside.

I’m a UK size 12 now used to be a 16/18 and i’m looking to get slimmer… Yes curves are beautiful on a woman but everything in moderation. If you are a bigger woman and you love yourself the way you are, that is fine but if u look in the mirror and hate what you see, rather than blaming men and society for moving forward change it… Join a gym eat healthy i did but then got sidetracked by life and uni…

I was my happiest at my thinnest and i cant wait to get my life on track again so i begin to lose more weight again….

The nile (denial) is a river in Egypt… Dont fool yourself and say you are happy when you are not, you wont walk out the door with your makeup or hairstyle if it was crap so make an effort with your body….

You’ve only got one life and this is the body that will see you through to the end of it….

72. BeeDiva

June 24, 2010 at 2:45 pm

lol…@ OROBO women are woman who are not LEKPA…WORD!!!!.. That last statement put a huge smile on my face.

73. missy

July 2, 2010 at 7:35 pm

i liked the write up. i do not think he meant a size 30 as orobo toh bad, i think he meant a 16 and it stops there. if the lady is tall she can carry her fat well but it she is short then a wii pad then she has no business with fat. if you have noticed of late they now bring out plus size(12) on d runway because they are trying to make people see that we all cant be lepa. i am a size 14/16 depending on the cut of the dress. i have been a full lepa and i have been orobo but i prefer my fuller figure because i have know how to style myself well with it. the reason why pp say fat is bad is cos must orobo’s full themselves with clothes that are not their size.

ps,

my man loves my fuller figure better cos it comes with boobies and ass!

74. missy

July 2, 2010 at 7:38 pm

(shorter) and (fool)

75. Didi

July 8, 2010 at 9:07 pm

being a teenage lepa, i have orobo friends who want to be lepa when all the while i am being told by other friends and my family that i need to be bigger i love my size and i actually couldnt change it if i tried and believe me i have, the point is whether you are lepa or orobo accept yourself and if someone doesnt then to hell with the person
    And to the artistes seriously need to stop putting white girls in their videos it annoys an irritates me wat happened to all the fine 9ja girls i see evryday?

76. Segun Didi

July 20, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Both orobos and lepas are evil.
    what is good is a woman who has no ounce of extra flesh on her body but is modestly voluptuous in the attck and defense areas to sustain a protracted football match and keep the striker happy.

in other words, a coca cola girl.

meanwhile, while we are at it, arent we reducing women to sex objects?

maybe that is what they are. at the end of the day, that is all we are, men and women.

77. sassykele

August 8, 2010 at 5:07 am

Can’t believe i read the whole damn thing..wasted 10mins of my life that i can never get back…pls if you are too big run on a treadmill like we do to keep in shape.
    Being curvy is not the same thing as being an orobo..dont get it twisted.

78. Orestik

November 24, 2010 at 3:10 pm

U re beautiful in ur own way be it lepa or orobo…9ja girls re beautiful, pple should stop hating and discriminating….I’m orobo nd trust me m beautiful…some guys dnt mind dem orobo nd some dnt mind dem lepa….its ur choice…..9ce write-up

79. Tiki

December 1, 2010 at 10:20 am

ROTFLMAO!As an ‘orobo’ Cameroonian girl I got to say, it is frustrating when you can’t fit into every style u want!However, I love this piece coz it reminds me that there is a guy out there who loves my curves! Fat girls are marginalized worldwide, so if a country like Nigeria is celebrating the plus-size woman, thumbs up to you! ‘lepa’ girls, suck it up…after all, you get to wear leggings, a tank top and heels and look awesome!

80. Jack C.

January 16, 2011 at 3:08 am

Hey all,I’m polish,never been to Nigeria but I live in the UK and I know loads of Naija girls (orobos and lepas) and I think they are all sexy however i prefer lepas 😉 lepa toh bad o 😀

81. deee

August 9, 2011 at 10:48 am

hang on, ladies should be unhealthy (obese- heart disease, etc) because men (naija)love it??? its high time, we nigerians know that being fat is not a sign of “good living” rather a sign of not being healthy. i’m not in support of being anorexic as buut at least being the right weight for ur hieght and not being overwieght/obese, should be what we consider. enough said!