News

Nigerian Stars Unite In The Fight Against Crime – Release ‘I No Go Lose My Head’ Video

Over the last few months, the rate of crime in all major urban areas across the federation (think Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Abuja). This new development has been credited to the effective actions taken by the government to combat crime in these areas.

Enough about stats and politics for a sec, it’s a well known fact that music itself can be an engine for change. Certain artistes led by Lamboginny have chosen to use their one source of influence on the youth as their own weapon for communicating this truth.

Influential entertainment personalities like Lara George, Slam, Mike Aremu, Rooftop MCs, Jaywon, Lamboginny, Hakym the Dream, Jahbless, Praise, Jedi, Nikky Laoye, Sexy Steel, Kaffy, Jafextra, Gbenga Adenuga, Olamide, and Ay.com. Cameos from Nollywood included Yemi Solade, Racheal Oniga, Laide Bakare, Kunle Bantefa as well as Motivational speaker, Fela Durotoye amongst others.

They all came together to churn out the video, with the title: ‘I No Go Lose My Head.’ A song that has begun to get appreciable airplay on radio and selected TV stations. The hook for the song was written singlehandedly by Up-coming producer, Hakym The Dream and the video directed by Ak-One.

Enjoy.

1. Glory

September 21, 2010 at 10:16 am

All na for money! They should attack the root of all crime which is corruption and Nigerians’ obsession for money. Once corruption is attcked then there will be no need for all these uneffective songs.

Why can’t they sing a song against Banagida for once and about electricity?

Anyway, first to comment, hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Geekgirl

September 21, 2010 at 11:32 am

…but at least they are doing someone about it

• Geekgirl

September 21, 2010 at 11:44 am

“Something”

2. Glory

September 21, 2010 at 10:26 am

I meant babangida not Banagida. yes why can’t we ing songs against all these extremely wicked politicians?

I know the answer, Nigerians are very timid and are not ready to sacrifice themselves. Well, positive change only comes with sacrifice and addressing the real issues.

I am sure these musicians have these politicians as relatives thats why.

3. Toooh Baddddd

September 21, 2010 at 11:16 am

Glory u have killleddddd it….. No comment

4. dabusta

September 21, 2010 at 11:22 am

didn’t know Kaffy could rap and sing…..not a bad song & video

5. Toooh Baddddd

September 21, 2010 at 11:26 am

wow……. i am impressed… i swear… Lara George, i bow for u oh, u have d voice of an Angel

6. Toooh Baddddd

September 21, 2010 at 11:31 am

Kaffy, Kaffy, kaffy….. hmmmmm. u dint have to fyt d camera man to sing na, if u keep doin dis, u will end up been amongst the first few female naija rap acts that will be respected verbally n not visually

• Geekgirl

September 21, 2010 at 11:57 am

kai!!I wonder how una dey notice all these things!SMH

7. Geekgirl

September 21, 2010 at 11:32 am

E be like sey Kaffy will soon burst her own album o…

8. Geekgirl

September 21, 2010 at 11:38 am

This is the joint men!!Where the heck as Slam been?

9. Prism of an immigrant

September 21, 2010 at 11:47 am

this was good n itz for a great cause

10. FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere

September 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Somebody sat down wrote the lyrics, produced the beats and got others involved so off course it is rehearsed ….before nko? I like the song, better than what artistes have been churning out these days!All the artiste were on point with their parts.Wow, that was Kunle Bamtefa(Chief Fuji)…and that is Slam that featured in Paul Play’s “mo so ri re”

Btw, i think the title should of this post should read “loose” and not “lose”

11. mariaah

September 21, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I have watched the video up to 3:46 and here’s the deal “Every Kobo made from the sales of this video, including concerts should be given in charity and donations to help orphanages, sickle cell anaemia sufferers and all, kids on the streets, vocational courses, use some of funds generated to organise rallies”. Then I ‘d be satisfied its for a good cause! Until then, na just sing dem they sing!!! I know am nt really doing anything now (I put my hands up) but what is worth doing is worth doing well…

12. mariaah

September 21, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Finished watching the video, its aite but there’s something bout the audio song not quite sharp maybe its my speakerr… Did anyone notice how the guy with the mohikan hairstyle already B.Bing perhaps twitting even when the cam was still rolling heehee. BB/twitter craze!!

13. anoni

September 21, 2010 at 3:38 pm

@Dance—Pere, don’t sound so confident about a very wrong correction. just saying. Check with your grammar teacher.

• FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere

September 21, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Pls dont get you knickers twisted in a knot!I said i “think”!!!

14. didi

September 21, 2010 at 5:46 pm

I honestly don’t know why they first thing that is comin out of most of you guys brain cells is politics.. i don’t recall any of the artists or their lyrics mentioning someone should go and vote for anyone. They are talking about the sex abuse,child abuse, kidnapping, violence etc. Crime is everywhere in the world. The root of it is not necessarily naija’s obsession with money @ Glory…. 99% of the world is obsessed with money but not everyone chooses crime inorder to get it. I’m just really baffled at most of the comments i’m seeing here, it’s actually hilarious…lol..”I am sure these musicians have these politicians as relatives thats why”..lmao!!! wow are u for real?..lol..
    Anyhoo very nice song.. kudos to all the artists whether money was involved or not, at least they’re giving back in whatever way they can.. 🙂

15. ayo

September 21, 2010 at 7:45 pm

i love this,rather than posting comments pinpointing the wrong stuffs i believe this song,maga no need pay,light up naija are all a call to actions for us cos most of us out of naija really know things aint right and pls every country has her own problems,so it is not only naija but this is a song to address the violence we ourselves are creators of,from the greedly politicians,to me in yankee and others in diaspora pointing fingers and doing nothing even to the iya loja,the askaris collecting toll fees of 20 naira,the legislooters and executhieves at the national assemblies wrestling over the sharing of looted revenues,the vulcanizer by the roadside charging me for the tyre he glued with fufu instead of the right adhesive,the student in classes writing test answers on their laps,the teachers crying for increment in minimum wages but are not teaching the kids what they ought to but selling sobo and snacks in the staff rooms,the abductors kidnapping other pples kids for money rituals all in the name that 9ja is bad and all the ‘abdulmuttab’ daddies neglecting the needs of the masses.i believe we have to be objectives in our comments.on the song,i appreciate the effort and hope a part of the revenue generated could be given to some NGOs to better some lives.I will not point fingers cause i aint doing jack but i will always put hands on deck to make my homeland a better place and i will surely give back.SO help me God.representing naija

16. Uzo

September 21, 2010 at 7:50 pm

‘Over the last few months, the rate of crime in all major urban areas across the federation (think Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Abuja)…………’ Is it me but the opening line of this post doesn’t read right.

17. Somebody

September 21, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Actually love the song and the collabo with all the artists.. They are getting there..
    But why are they all turning 360 degrees in the Video , it looks like a repetitive action or something..

18. gudtin

September 22, 2010 at 2:10 am

brovo nice coment young creative minds have made a step and wat guys like GLORY culd do is to post that kind of coment well done captain glory u av just save the world with that coment u can now resume back to ur daily activities but if u still decide to talk well TALK!!! WE ARE LISTENING……..

19. LosingMyHeadOverHere

September 22, 2010 at 2:46 am

great song, cool video BUT at 2:07, are my eyes deceiving me or did they spell ‘Violence’ as ‘VOILENCE’???????

20. ta

September 22, 2010 at 4:09 am

Lovely song

21. THE VOICE

September 28, 2010 at 8:58 pm

why are we Nigerians so AGILE wen it comes 2 criticisms. At least the young nigerian artists are trying 2 make a statement and i bet you will agree with me that this was well stated in the video. The whole projections were on point and d message was clear. I think wat we Nigerians should concentrate our selves with is how 2 encourage any effort to fight against crime and not castigate those makin a little effort…… Cudose 2 GLORY u realy made astatement.