Events

Shop Guiseppe Zanotti, Marc Jacobs, Badgley Mischka at the Duchess Mega SALE – This Weekend

BellaNaija.com

Nigerian fashion retailer, Duchess is having a major SALE this weekend.
Duchess stocks various international fashion brands including Guiseppe Zanotti, Moreschi, Baldinini, Just Cavalli, Fratelli Rosetti, Marc Jacobs, Christian Lacroix, DVF, Dusk, Fenn Wright Manson, Cheetah B, Amanda Wakeley, Grosvenor, Aftershock, Badgley Mischka, Frank Usher, Versace, Medici etc.

This is your opportunity to grab these items are great prices! Pieces will be on sale for 50% off and up to 75% off.

Duchess Mega Sale – 29th & 30th October 2010

• 29th October 2010 – 10am-6pm
  • 30th October 2010 – 11am-6pm

Both Sales days will be held exclusively in the Ikeja outlet

Address: 93a Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos

Kindly note that all other Duchess outlets will be closed for the duration of the sale.

For further enquiries please call 012703906,07025619805 or email [email protected]

Sponsored Content

1. caachi

October 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm

*4 the rich only*…sighs

• FI

October 27, 2010 at 1:37 pm

lol…

• mariaah

October 27, 2010 at 10:11 pm

tell me abour rit…lol, na so dem dey do…

2. waffles

October 27, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Nigerian Retailers!!! their 50% – 70% discount sale price is always even higher than the original ‘full’ price the designer/source sold it for initially-SMH

• Duchess

October 27, 2010 at 3:34 pm

That simply isn’t true. Not fair to generalise. Why don’t you come and see for yourself.

• Ncyluv

October 28, 2010 at 2:27 am

I’m afraid it is so……however the sale is good.

3. Amour

October 27, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Jehovah Jireh, my Provider!

4. RMG

October 27, 2010 at 5:30 pm

@Caachi,lmao!!!my sentiments exactly.

5. Sbahsa

October 28, 2010 at 12:47 am

if the prices had been reasonable (and comparable to the department store prices like Saks and Neiman) to begin with, there wouldnt’ be much left to require such huge sale. Just a thought for you retailers in Lagos and Abuja…most of us that can afford your stuff travel abroad all the time and we know how much these things cos in US/Uk so why you expect us to pay $700 for a $450 dress is beyond me

• Duchess

October 28, 2010 at 10:57 am

If that’s the case why do they have clearance sale all the time abroad. We’re in an economic melt down and have business sense to realise that a sale is necessary.
      When Nigerians travel abroad they buy without asking for a discount and actually feel good about buying LV etc at huge prices but when we sell here we deemed to be ripping people off.
      We should patronise our own, help employment and realise that some retailers are out to make a living and not do you in. Check out our prices and compare to those abroad before you sentence us together.

6. fokasibe

October 28, 2010 at 1:03 am

Cant! Shant! Wont be there!

7. Vanessa

October 28, 2010 at 11:35 am

Yeah Duchess is just too expensive…y don’t you put up prices on your website if you have one so we can be sure it will be a discount…for those of us on the Island going all the way to ikeja in vain will be a futile attempt..but I know Duchess dosnt do replicas or fakes compared with some other high end retailers..I know I need shoes and bags..ill be there

8. Uzo

October 28, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Duchess has a point. Some of the high end designers do have clearance sales …. and she is a smart businesswoman (economic melt down = sale necessary).

As for high price … well, I feel you on that but we do have to consider the fact that they:
    a) Pay to run gen
    b) high cost of rent in Lagos (in Nigeria as a whole self)
    c) cost of importing said items into the country

That said, I have 2 major gripes with some of these so-called fashion boutiques:
    – Selling fake stuff
    – Horrid customer service

As far as I know, Duchess carries only authentic items …. so if you want the real stuff you pay the real price (taking into account that she, after all her business costs, has to make a profit at the end of the day).

9. noella

October 28, 2010 at 6:46 pm

hi

10. noella

October 28, 2010 at 6:51 pm

cost of running a biz in nigeria is high (stale news), but pls!!!!!!!!!! dont kill us with high prices.
    agree we need to make profit

11. from-me-to-you

October 29, 2010 at 2:56 am

duchess is not even that bad..go to Leila Fowler on Etim Iyang…Jesus Christ of Nazareth! Laaakuli…not even high end designer o, just mid-range designers like Karen Millen etc all marked up $300 extra above original retail price. I went there and it wasn’t a surprise that the dresses she had in her boutique in 2008 when she first opened her store, are still dangling from the shelves, begging to be sold

12. FL1 TZ

October 29, 2010 at 11:40 am

mmmmmmh

13. Valerie

October 31, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I was at the Duchess sale 29-30 Oct and it was a good development and I bought things(Big up Duchess) but the ‘Duchess’ left it a bit too late . Her items are 100% authentic – even original Kenneth Jays not the Chinese wanna-be’s – but those sales items could have been cleared off like 12 months ago. These high-end 9ja boutiques are not always realistic about the timef rame to carry inventory or risk carrying obsolete designs. Why, inventory carried for more than 12months is obsolete especially in high-end fashion business. Its such a deceptive inventory policy. I actually think these retailers need consultants to help them become more efficient.

14. K.O

October 31, 2010 at 11:05 pm

If you can’t afford it, then don’t go. I don’t understand why we have to criticize EVERYTHING in Nigeria. It’s really not by force.
    If you want the real stuff, you go to Duchess and if you don’t want to buy from there, go abroad and buy your things there if you FEEL the prices are marked up (even though you should go there and check yourself before you sit here and just conclude!).
    Let’s support our own please.

15. funtizzy

November 2, 2010 at 12:03 am

i know the lady on the paper, go toceen . nice

16. rucca

May 21, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Y’all never fail to amaze me. You sit behind your computer and make judgement about the price she put on her wares, yet “Ms. I can go Abroad and buy mine” you forget to add your plane ticket or shipping fees, taxes, and other charges levied on her. I havent even mentioned her rent or what it costs to run the business. Ms. I travel abroad all the time, I dare you to go abroad and buy something and come sell it in Nigeria and see if you wouldnt even sell it more than what she sells it. You think its easy to get approval to sell those brands in Nigeria? Applaud her for what she’s doing and dont come here corrupting people’s mind by giving them wrong information about stores abroad. That you can’t afford it doesn’t mean you should bad mouth her business. “Ms. I go to saks and Neiman Marcus when i am abroad, are you going there for window shopping or to buy? If you actually do buy stuff in those stores, then you would be the first to appreciate a similar store in Nigeria. Ms. I go abroad to do my shopping, if you were really savvy, you will realize that products you find in your Neiman Marcus and Saks can be found else where for different prices. In U.S, there are various stores, to each his own. You go to the one you can afford. She sells high end products and not the knock offs you buy and parade like peacock that its original. Come to the U.S and see if you with your bad mouth can afford it. mschewwwwww!!!

Duchess, I don’t know who you are, but I was googling Nigerian fashion and retail stores and I came across this post. You don’t owe nobody any explanation for how you handle your business. Its not every comment you need respond to, most especially from people who don’t think before running their mouth or people who can’t promote a fellow Nigerian. I like your concept, congrats and all the best with your business.I will stop by whenever I am in Nigeria.