News

To Be Loved By You: Biobele Isokrari & Emmanuel Dagogo Andrew-Jaja Wed

BellaNaija.com

Biobele Isokrari and Emmanuel Dagogo Andrew-Jaja met at his sister’s birthday party in 1999. He says she was checking him out and she says she didn’t even notice him! Regardless of whose version of events you believe, that brief meeting was the beginning of something very special.

Unfortunately, Bebe was just about to go off to college in the US when they met while Dagogo was about to start university in Ghana. In spite of the distance, Bebe and Dagogo maintained a cordial friendship up until 2007 when she moved back to Nigeria.  It was at that point that the sparks flew and they began dating. Fate added a new dimension to their relationship as Dagogo had to move to the US to pursue his MBA. This time, the couple decided to give a long distance relationship a shot!  It was a whirlwind 2 long years with ridiculous phone bills and exploration of every cost effective long distance communication method known to man but their love prevailed.

In 2009, on Bebe’s birthday, Dagogo gave her a promise ring to let her know that he was serious about our relationship and promised her the next time she got a ring from him it would be an engagement ring. In 2010,  the couple met in London for a European getaway. They took trips to Liverpool, Edinburgh and Paris…all through their vacation, Dagogo kept something close to him, a ring box with the ring he had specially chosen for his future wife.

He waited for the right moment…in the fabled romance capital of the world, Paris – he proposed.  Dagogo placed an empty ring box on Bebe’s bed and called her into the room. He hid behind the door and watched her exclaim when she saw it, and right after she opened it to see that it was empty, he was on his knee behind her asking her to marry him…

She said YES.

Bebe and Dagogo’s Iya, Bibife and White Wedding festivities were a stunning celebration of their vibrant culture and love for each other. On their wedding day, Bebe took everyone’s breath away in her showstopping  lace, tulle and taffeta dress by Benjamin Roberts.  Bebe’s crystal embellished Watteau train, diamond necklace and lush ivory bouquet completed her dazzling bridal look. The groom, Dagogo looked  handsome in his 3-piece grey suit paired with an ivory boutonniere. The message of the wedding ceremony sermon was focused on love and the blessing of marriage.

After their church ceremony, Bebe and Dagogo proceeded to their “Heaven on Earth” themed reception. With dreamy shades of blue, gold and ivory all around the venue, Bebe and Dagogo had the time of their lives surrounded by their family and friends!

BN wishes Bebe and Dagogo a happy and prosperous marriage. May each day be blessed with renewed joy, love and favour.

~ Photography by Sierra Blanco Photography

Wedding Planner – White Wedding: Oaken Events
White Wedding Cake: Buttercups by Tayo
Traditional Wedding Cake: Erny’s Cakes and Events
White Wedding Decor – Flowers and Props: Oaken Events
Makeup: Exquisita
Hair Stylist: Lucky
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Get In Touch! weddings (at) bellanaija.com
Love! BN Weddings Team

1. Couture By Makioba

April 20, 2012 at 10:58 am

Beautiful…… Culture at its best…..
    Proud to be a Kalabari Woman…. Proud to be a Rivers Woman…………

• nyemoni

April 20, 2012 at 11:17 am

I’m proud to be a KALABARI CHIC!!! LOL….We just ROCK!! Hehehehe….

• Couture By Makioba

April 20, 2012 at 11:31 am

yeeeaaaa babes…we rock..big time…hahahahaa

• jane

April 22, 2012 at 3:32 am

u guys culture is soo on point mehn, so elaborate and exquisite!

2. stella

April 20, 2012 at 11:07 am

Beautiful wedding, congrats

3. gennie

April 20, 2012 at 11:08 am

I’m overwhelmed!!! Infact am speechless…this is breathe-taking. This is the best wedding I have seen this year on BN & 1st to comment on. Gorgeous wedding wt royalty radiating. This is simply EXQUISITE. Everything(from church hall, cakes , decor, gown,shoes etc) and people on point.

4. love

April 20, 2012 at 11:08 am

chineke………………….see those fine guys on yellow ties…..awwwww

5. Written

April 20, 2012 at 11:14 am

This brings a whole new meaning to spectacular. I love the white and trad ceremonies and that trad cake…woohoo

6. Ronke

April 20, 2012 at 11:19 am

Lovely! I love the cultural aspects of the festivities!

7. fokasibe

April 20, 2012 at 11:20 am

1 word: LOVELY!! I just love the colours of the traditional and White wedding… God bless your union.

8. missappleberry

April 20, 2012 at 11:32 am

Rivers state pple oooooo! I hail una! Traditional wedding was like a circus. Loved it. Congrats 2 d couple and God bless u BN

9. Omo-Rivers

April 20, 2012 at 11:36 am

Lovely wedding! am not a Kalabari girl but am certainly proud to be Rivers *wink* God bless ur union!!!

• Couture By Makioba

April 20, 2012 at 11:43 am

ooohhh sweet….i am Kalabari married to a Yoruba man and i am grooving both sides to the fullest….

10. Berry Choco Latte

April 20, 2012 at 11:40 am

RIVERS STATE STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Couture By Makioba

April 20, 2012 at 11:47 am

we are here….. kai… i am sooooo proud of Kalabari right now…. always being anyway….that is why my friends hate me….hehehehehehehee

11. chibaby

April 20, 2012 at 11:45 am

not a small thing

12. ese uso etukudo

April 20, 2012 at 11:52 am

dis wedding is so awesome. this is one of the best i have seen(mine was the best). may God bless the couple with the fruit of the womb.i love the co-operation of the mothers. i pray AGAPE love keeps radiating in both families.
    i just pray the beau bride does not fall sick after dis huge 3 days ceremony due to stress n so much loads worn on her. but all d same i doff my hat to them. xoxo

13. faith

April 20, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Honestly, this is a show of true culture and affluence. Congrats

14. chikalaka

April 20, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I like the wedding adds some variety to your site. Something that might improve this post will be an explanation of the culture display we are seeing. It will be really interesting to understand what Iya and Bibife are…what the groom/bride is doing or must do. Basically just to educate us as Nigerians because it will be good to see what else there is apart from the popular Yoruba cultured weddings we see. Infact even with the yoruba ones, again an explanation of what the groom/bride must do i.e. the letter. Bella since you already enrich us with pictures, do so with added knowledge. Maybe a separate post on the marriages of different tribes would be good as well. Love your site sha!

BellaNaija.com

April 20, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Thanks for the great feedback. We’ll work on something!

• rogotigi

April 20, 2012 at 2:56 pm

#cosign

• Sansarai

April 20, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I co-sign too. It would be nice to know where the couple is from so one does not have to guess what tradition is being represented…

• cosign

April 20, 2012 at 6:23 pm

cosign

• nyemoni

April 23, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I could help with the Kalabari bit. Hola if you are interested 😉

• bee

April 25, 2012 at 11:47 pm

d bibife is literally buying the woman’s mouth in her husband’s house. it gives her d full rights of d home and d kitchen especially. her inlaws will have no say and it transports her completely into the man’s family. i am so impressed with this display…so proud to be a kalabari girl. best wedding on bn so far…

15. kem

April 20, 2012 at 12:05 pm

well captured, niccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

16. modupe

April 20, 2012 at 12:10 pm

God has answered my prayers!!! anoda wedding on bella naija….now lemme gaan look at d pics well

• Sansarai

April 20, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Lol! I was also waiting anxiously for another wedding feature. Methinks BellaNaija should make this a weekly thing…

17. Princesszee

April 20, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I see alot of wealth… cant imagine how much was spent… congrats to them

18. ij

April 20, 2012 at 12:20 pm

i have to come back during my lunch break, but so far amazing with a capital A

19. emi

April 20, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Those blue shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Xtsy

April 21, 2012 at 8:28 am

See o, the menburs deserve a close up just like d jimmy choos

20. oni

April 20, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I’m happy that you got to show a Rivers wedding 🙂

21. Winner

April 20, 2012 at 12:52 pm

This is a very rich culture…..I have an idea of what happened here cos I once attended one by a friend of mine from Kalabari.The bride will have to taste all the different variety of food served on the table and during the process she must not utter a word.If they all taste right, she serves her husband from one of them.I learn t if the food does not taste right to her she will order the women to go and prepare another one. Very rich culture indeed.I wish them happiness in their Union.
    Please feature more weddings on your site.Thank you

22. kikiFashion

April 20, 2012 at 1:00 pm

the best wedding sooo far featured on bella, i can feel the story from here, the cultural impact of sch traditional weddings make me love my culture even more. Im glad to be from the south. VERY RICH CULTURE AND I GLAD WE ENHANCE THEM EVEN MORE DURING OUR WEDDINGS. CONGRATS MRS AND MRS JAJA

23. signature

April 20, 2012 at 1:02 pm

as iiiin I dig the rivers tradition…omG! i’m hausa but lived in ph most of my life, i’ve yet to see a tradition that is as rich and cool as theirs! beautiful wedding..*sniff* i want tooooo…Wishin ’em a Happy Married life

24. creamy

April 20, 2012 at 1:08 pm

wow!!! is all i can say

25. abbiba

April 20, 2012 at 1:15 pm

kalabari chic for life….. mY primary school… Mrs Andrew Jaja is still preety

26. mimi

April 20, 2012 at 1:18 pm

i have lived in port harcourt all my life when i was in nigeria and i have made lots of rivers friends. So by birth and association i be a rivers babe. Congrats to the couple, una too much. Kia rivers people are fine sha 🙂

27. Dahlia Voka

April 20, 2012 at 1:19 pm

@bellanaija.com u know u guys are the best in everything that u feature on ur website.I love the traditional wedding and the pictures was well taken and the photographer managed to get the most important part.wow that was so beautiful, i wish to be part of one of Nigeria wedding. at some point i thought the lady was a princess because of all the ceremonies in the traditional wedding.
    Thanks Bella Naija give us more

28. Fadeyl'amour

April 20, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Wowwwww,nice wedding. Ezquisite

29. abiye

April 20, 2012 at 1:32 pm

PROUD to be Kalabari…..!!!! sorry to burst your bubble @Winner, the part u just described is the exact opposite of what truly happens.
    The bibife ceremony involves serving the bride with innumerable courses of food. At the appointed time, usually in the evening, the bride is taken to the bridegroom’s home and presented with different varieties of food. She is given the choice to taste and even eat them, after a member of her family has examined the foods and certified that they have all been well prepared and contain all the right ingredients.

To dramatize the fact that she has a choice to eat from all bowls of food placed before her, she will be given water to wash her mouth, next she is given water, soap and a hand towel to wash and clean her hands. Then a woman from her family takes items from each bowl and enticingly presents them to her to eat. The bride turns her face away from the direction of the enticing food. This offer and refusal ritual is repeated several times. On each occasion, the bride refuses the offer because she knows that the whole set of food belongs to her and the man who ordered their preparation is her husband. She equally knows that the choice to taste and eat is a counterfoil choice. She has the man, his wealth, and his promise to feed her for life, and she must bring off this success without any appearance of concern. She must carry herself with grace and style, self-control, restraint and dignity. Part of the aristocratic idea is nonchalance in the face of a test and “knowing oneself” (bu’nimi).

• Couture By Makioba

April 20, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Tobara?

• Ibi

April 20, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Ibim, proud to be a Kalabari girl IRIAWEH HEE

• Ib

April 21, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Imbra tubra?Iyeriso bukroma….
      What a wedding….Proud to be Kalabari …

• nyemoni

April 23, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I could help with the Kalabari bit. Hola if you are interested 😉
      Iriawo eehhhh!! Asawo eeehhh! I’m so loving this!

• rogotigi

April 20, 2012 at 2:59 pm

thnx for the explanation/eye opener for those of us that got lost along the line.hehe

• Nma

April 20, 2012 at 3:10 pm

WOW! Thanks for the break down. What a beautiful culture!!!

• POintOf Correction

April 21, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Well explained!!
      Proudly KALABARI.

30. as i see it

April 20, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Uti AGAIN!!!! Nigeria is blessed with beautiful cultures, we should learn to appreciate this rather than fighting each other. God bless the couple

31. tokunbo

April 20, 2012 at 1:40 pm

mehn rivers no dey carry last bravoooo good wedding very rich culturally

32. Riverian fairest

April 20, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Handsome husband….. Stylish wife……classy wedding

• Cleo

May 15, 2012 at 10:20 am

Totally agree with you n this one…..classy….

33. Koral

April 20, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Wow. This is simply lovely. The most beautiful Trad Ceremony I have ever seen captured in pictures. I really would love to know about the diff ceremonies tho

34. Feyis'ayo

April 20, 2012 at 1:46 pm

ok, I had to comment, this wedding and tradi, another level, love it, love it, love it…xx

35. Uchenna Chugbo

April 20, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Im Ibo ohhh, spent my childhood days in Ph but ive been having this crazy feeling ill marry a Rivers man. May God bless this union IJN. Turning 25 in 6 months time and still very much single. God please ohhhh.
    Wishn them all the best marital life has to offer fine kids,peace , strength to sail through when things get tight and endless marital bliss.

• Gidi

April 20, 2012 at 2:27 pm

You dey take style drop application??

• hahaha

April 20, 2012 at 6:24 pm

lmfao

• Purpleicious Babe

April 21, 2012 at 7:25 pm

looool…. i wonder ohh.. but u never know..God told Habakkuk to write his vision down. I guess that is what she doing..lol.

• Nma

April 20, 2012 at 3:07 pm

u r just 24…don’t let the whole marriage hype make u make the wrong choice. Alot of bad marriages stem from pressure to marry “at a certain age”. Marriage is not beans o so be careful.

• Eve

April 21, 2012 at 6:01 am

The resume is tight! Best wishes Girlie!!! P/s send me an invite asap 🙂

36. mma

April 20, 2012 at 2:00 pm

the groom is from the JAJA of OPOBO linage (i am guessing oh) from our Nigerian history books

37. remi

April 20, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Wow, beautiful wedding. God bless them.

38. Nma

April 20, 2012 at 3:05 pm

What culture is this? The Iya/trad look so interesting. Beautiful couple and wedding.

• Couture By Makioba

April 20, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Kabalari culture in Rivers state

• Couture By Makioba

April 20, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Sorry meant Kalabari…:)

• POintOf Correction

April 21, 2012 at 8:19 pm

It can only be one culture,…KALABARI.
      Though a minority, but see such greatness we ooze.
      Kalabari, the GREAT!

39. T-baby

April 20, 2012 at 3:12 pm

This is a very beautiful wedding!! OMG I can’t even begin to imagine the detail that went into planning this(and by detail I mean $$$$$$$$$$$$) WOW!!!
    I wish them a blissful marriage!!

On completely random and unrelated topic, It is official; UTI IS EVERYWHERE, kilode!.

40. Tiki

April 20, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Three things which struck me:
    1. Her poor neck! Didn’t it hurt? Aren’t those beads heavy?
    2. THey had to walk everywhere? Choi. I go deny o! or wear flats.
    3. They swept that street to her house clean ooooo! lol
    Its a refreshing change to see another kinda wedding on BN. I love the traditional detail everywhere. And the groom cute die! Wish them a lifetime of love, health, and happiness.

41. Janded

April 20, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Love the brides maids dresses. One of the best i have seen in a long time. Very colourful and fab!

42. bless

April 20, 2012 at 3:35 pm

sweet

43. Qmbee

April 20, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Oaken Events!!!!!Cool and a half!

44. Mokie

April 20, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Money is written all over this wedding, wishing the handsome couple a lifetime of happiness.

45. funmi

April 20, 2012 at 4:21 pm

this is so beautiful, i love the cultural details although am not from rivers state so i dont really understand the details but i love their cultural wedding. BEAUTIFUL

46. Kemi

April 20, 2012 at 4:41 pm

the traditional wedding is refreshing and gives me chills…I love this aspect of my life as a Nigerian. We have a rich culture. wow!

47. Layo

April 20, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I absolutely loved the infusion of culture!! I agree with whoever said something about explaining the culture, I was so anxious to get to the end of the post and hopefully get an explanation. Lovely wedding!!

48. Temi

April 20, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I just love it. When will God do my own now?

49. Gimmer

April 20, 2012 at 6:38 pm

F~a~b~u~l~o~u~s~i~t~y

50. Ndidi

April 20, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I was viewing this at work which is not allowed, but I couldn’t care less. The pictures of this beautiful couple and their culturally rich wedding made me so proud as a Nigerian that I called my co-workers (one Indian, two African-American and one white) to come and look at at this stunning example of my CULTURE. They were blown-away!!! If I get reported to Human Resources and get fired for being online while at work, no problem. I’ll leave with my head held high!!!

BellaNaija.com

April 20, 2012 at 8:02 pm

You will not get fired. Amen! Save it for when you get home next time 🙂

• Ndidi

April 26, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Did not get fired!!! I’m still here and still loving BellaNaija!!!!!! I love you all. Thank you so much for keeping me connected to my homeland!!!!!! And Oh, I had to look at these pics again. Breathless!

51. Oly

April 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm

l am so loving this wedding, evything is just unique n breaktaking. I love the ring, bridesmaid dress, her gown, decoration of the venue, the beads, the colours in short l am lllllllllllooooooooooooooooovvvvvviiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnng all. Congrats n wish u guys the best that marriage has to ofa as l dey wait 4 my own.

52. ms pretty

April 20, 2012 at 8:10 pm

who’s got d royal blood – d groom or d bride? OMG i love d royalty, so beautiful and to d bride i love ur nails, am a sucker for beautiful nails, unfortunately i aint gat them, dat groom head na money and brains full am, he must eiher be an Enigineer or a DR…just kidding, i love them both and the mums r so much into eachother, this is a wedding, not d one i attended recently and d couples parents marched to d altar like solo candidates, dd u see how one of d mum’s friends supported her all d way, so colorful, GBUr marriage jor

53. Bex

April 20, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Awesome. So proud of my south-south heritage. South-Southern Belles rock!

54. Chikaka

April 20, 2012 at 9:17 pm

The best traditional wedding pics i have seen. Fabulously rich. There’s something about black and white pictures. Classic!

55. Nikki

April 20, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Wow…I love this wedding! their story is awesome…beautiful display of tradition and culture! God bless your marriage with beauty, fruitfulness and your heart desires!

56. Me

April 20, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Wow! Nigeria is so rich in culture. I am happy that the weddings featured on BN provide the medium for showcasing them. Happy Married Life to the couple!

57. Me

April 20, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Another question for Abiye, why were they walking to different places during the Iya?

58. tee

April 20, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Omo, the culture/traditional marriage is spectacular. they deserve 4 gbosas

59. naa

April 20, 2012 at 11:50 pm

is that ashanti kente i see at the iya?

• Couture By Makioba

April 21, 2012 at 2:12 pm

hello Naa, yes its kente or Accra ( as we the kalabaris) call it…it was borrowed from Ghana and d kalabaris has made it one of their cultural attire as 2 wrappers with blouse.

60. slim wandinee

April 21, 2012 at 1:30 am

waow. dis is beautiful, really enjoy d blend of colors, we are truly blessed wt beautiful cultures. waow. cnt stop lovin it. God pls bless me n my husband to be whreva he is so we cld try for our wedding too o.

61. marvel

April 21, 2012 at 8:29 am

The picture of the bird did it for me (1st pic) You’d be forgiven to think we have no wildlife in Nigeria. Then the picture of the church whilst the pips were taking one of many treks. How does she wear those heavy corals? White corals? Gorgeous! It was truly interesting to view. I even saw turf. Yay!!

• Pendo

April 21, 2012 at 11:20 am

the old church in the background??? i loved that too very beautiful

• The Amaha Online

April 21, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Yes that was like the coolest pic eva!

62. deola

April 21, 2012 at 9:14 am

congrats Bebe……nice wedding, God bless ur union xx

63. brianna

April 21, 2012 at 9:32 am

beautifullll wedding!!!!…yes they are from wealthy homes,Isokariari’s are very popular in PH..I have lived in ph all my life,although i am ijaw and kalabari is very close to ijaw,its great to see our people’s culture and show nigeria..coz most people dont realise that there is more to naij than igbo/hausa & yoruba

64. birdieblue

April 21, 2012 at 10:02 am

Bellanaija!!!! Thank you!!! Wallahi this is the first bride that I feel like yes! I love her white wedding look! Please I also co-sign on the summary of the culture too cause at 1 point was wondering if they were punishing her with the walk! Thanks for being a cultural ambassador bella!!!

65. Pendo

April 21, 2012 at 11:18 am

all i saw at thhe white wedding reception was fun, fun and more fun!!! they really enjoyed themselves…totally blown away by the traditional wedding very interesting and different from what we usually see on here…the carnival walk looks like something one would see in New Orleans

66. ayobami

April 21, 2012 at 6:31 pm

this wedding is indeed wonderful

67. Purpleicious Babe

April 21, 2012 at 7:35 pm

WOW… its really great to see another traditional wedding that is different. It showcases the diverse culture that is present within Nigeria. I AM PROUD OF IT ALL. I must say I had never heard of Kalabri , I know of Calabar and rivers. Clearly am clueless. Since reading all the comment. I concur with the education on different tribes from Niaj.

Both receptions were heavily loaded with creativity, grand and style. THE TRAD CAKE IS “JAW DROPPING”. I really like her wedding dress too.

I liked all the pictures. Thank BN for sharing.

God will continue to bless their union. I pray they both stand firm through the storms and joys concerning marriage.

BEAUTIFUL.

• Traci

April 24, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Err Kalabari is NOT a state my dear it is just one tribe of many within Rivers state. Its unfortunate that all people hear about Nigeria is Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. There are tons and tons of different tribes in various states across the country. We have to educate ourselves.

68. Miss Pepeye

April 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm

The bridesmaid dresses were beautiful and a rich shade of blue. Good work Bari Jay and Congratulations to the couple.

69. Nehita

April 21, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Dis wedding make correct sense.

70. Yellow sissy

April 21, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Riversssss repppingggg! Woohoo! Too greeeaaatttt we areee

71. haroyal sweetness

April 21, 2012 at 8:53 pm

am so proud 2 be kalabari ryt now.iriawo ehhh!!!!!iriawo ehhh!!!!!!wana imbra ma a ibi oyibo simite oooo,ehhhhh!!!!!!tamuno omuna wari boma,Christ ere bu,amen!!!!!

72. The Amaha Online

April 21, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Oghene me!! I’m gasping for breath looking at the red and white coral! All that combined that the bride was wearing is a house + car + exotic locale travel money! Jesu de Nazarena! Whew! Ok. Breathe now woman! Can’t wait until I rock the red stones! I’m not Kalabari or Rivers but ermm very proud right now! LOL. It bears similarities with Delta/Edo wedding attire it seems.

73. Ib

April 21, 2012 at 11:59 pm

That yellow thing in the white bowl in front of d couple is ONUNU. Pls if you ever in Rivers State, make sure u eat that….DELICIOUS!!its a Kalabari main dish.

74. NNENNE

April 22, 2012 at 4:03 am

@ naa… that is not the Ashanti kente.The southern Igbo communities of Ndoki and Asa, have their own traditional woven clothes just at the same time as the Kente cloth. it is called the “Akwete”. I see it in some of the pictures.
    Nice wedding, I wish the couple a happy married life.

75. faith

April 22, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Very beautiful!!!

76. bisi

April 22, 2012 at 2:22 pm

i just love how BN would not do a post on being independent and the joys of being single and then a few days later they show such fabulous weddings
    me i want my fairytale o, with all the trimmings and i would still be a working class woman with a man that loves and appreciates me for who i am and what i do. some
    women should stop being delusional thinking being single means being independent. love is a beautiful thing so stop running around chasing fantasies that 10 to 20 years down the line would no longer be in fashion… im not saying rush into marriage o but please, lets be realistic with out lives and stop making excuses
    to this beautiful couple, may God bless your union. your day looks fabilous

• doll

April 23, 2012 at 5:17 pm

making excuses for????Not finding “Mr Right”? or settling for Mr. Wrong?

77. Orukpe

April 23, 2012 at 3:26 am

Port Harcourt City Royalty! leave all that Owambe wey una dey repeat for Lagos. If this people don’t sneeze we no go chop for Nigeria….Oil Money! Dagz and Bebe, your wedding was dazzling.

78. Alma

April 23, 2012 at 8:31 am

First thought I had was “what tribe is this?” Culture at its peak!!! See why I must marry a non-yoruba man, even though I’m Yoruba. Beautiful wedding. God bless their union.

79. Adedoyin

April 23, 2012 at 9:46 am

One word..breathtaking!!!

80. Nike

April 23, 2012 at 10:29 am

Lovely wedding

81. Mpho in South Africa

April 23, 2012 at 11:22 am

really luv Nigerian wedding.I wish God could bless me with a Nigerian husband.

• Bono

April 23, 2012 at 1:06 pm

My dear, pray for a South African man. Nigerian ladies are not smiling, they need all the Nigerian men they can lay their hands on 🙂

• doll

April 23, 2012 at 5:15 pm

lol

• KikuyuChic

April 24, 2012 at 9:32 am

I’m praying for you too 🙂 Don’t listen to Bono. I’m Kenyan and I’m married to a Nigerian man 🙂
      @ Mpho

82. adelegirl

April 23, 2012 at 11:41 am

Lovely wedding. The photographer is obviously very talented too. Love the display of the Kalabari tradition even though some of the beads were a bit ostentatious for my taste. I am part Yoruba and part Rivers and I look forward to displaying the best of both cultures at my wedding. Best wishes to the couple. Wish their union is blessed and fruitful in Jesus name.

83. sandra

April 23, 2012 at 12:07 pm

chei!! ONUNU WIT FRESH FISH ND WATER STEW!!! definitely proud to be half calabari! lol….being from the far north maiduguri,nd my mums from bakana i definitely hv the best of both worlds…i wish this couple happy married life…may the almighty LORD bless there union!

• Annyaya

April 24, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Na so all of una go dey claim ur kalabari heritage by force. If the bride n groom be worworshin we no go find ou here o! LWKM.

84. mama

April 23, 2012 at 1:41 pm

beautiful and utterly wow…..didn’t know the kalabari culture was this rich……God bless their marriage & thanks bellanaija for showing our rich Nigerian culture…..

85. Ojinnaka Chinasa

April 23, 2012 at 1:54 pm

This wedding is awesome and entertaining. Wish u happy married life

86. Guest

April 23, 2012 at 3:24 pm

PROUD KALABARI WOMAN OVER HERE!!!
    We thank God for our beautiful cultire! E Tamuno imiete o!! Looking through these pictures just brought tears to my eyes. Just beautiful!!!!!!

Kalabari women are rare and beautiful!!!! 🙂

87. zoe

April 23, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Embracing culture..kudos

88. Dobee

April 23, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Awwww…. So breathtakin, detailed n classy.. Wish u guys d best of marital bliss.

89. SheilaSpeaks

April 24, 2012 at 8:26 am

90. Janet

April 24, 2012 at 10:30 am

OOOH MY MONEY
    WHEN WILL I DO MINE ?

91. Zigler

April 24, 2012 at 12:08 pm

white, red all types of koral beads….. and these beads aint cheap!!…. never seen a white one …beautiful wedding btw..

92. Ure

April 24, 2012 at 2:30 pm

three words #MONEY, TASTE & CLASS#

93. keepitmoving

April 24, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Iriawe! Eeh!!
    So proud to be a Kalabari babe. 😀
    Congrats Bio & Dagz (lyk I knw em…famz) lol
    #okbye

94. lahips

April 24, 2012 at 3:54 pm

humm the claims for kalabari na wa ohhh, anyways nice pics, back to work.

• Couture By Makioba

April 25, 2012 at 11:25 am

anyway u can tell from my name ‘Makioba’ only from Kalabari u can get that name…..

• Sansarai

April 25, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Makioba, relax naaa. We know say you be Kalabari by now…you have informed us severally. No need to explain yourself to a total stranger. Oya, have a cookie Kalabari girl. Lol

95. Yori

April 24, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Gorgeous!

96. Busola

April 24, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Very beautiful and colourful wedding! Congrats to u guys! Blessed union.

97. Didi

April 24, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Awwwwww so so beautiful.So breathtakin, detailed n classy God bless ur Union

98. jacqueline

April 25, 2012 at 4:37 pm

SUPER!

99. Almond

April 25, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Hi. I am an ardent “follower” of all things Nigerian though i am not Nigerian. could someone kind enough explain to me what actually takes place when i see men lying prostrate? and why are most if not all receptions i have seen on bellanaija done indoors? thank you…. 🙂

• Naija Info

April 27, 2012 at 5:57 pm

When Men prostrate, it is a form of greeting or sign of respect to an elderly person (s), generally someone older than the man in question. Not all Nigerian tribes prostrate though, in some cultures, it is sufficient to just bow.

100. buky

April 25, 2012 at 11:20 pm

speechless

101. jen

April 26, 2012 at 2:31 am

proud to see my mothers work on here 🙂
    proudly rivers!

102. Molara

April 26, 2012 at 9:38 am

Awww breath taking God bless your union may it bring forth children, love, understanding, peace and joy IJN, Amen.

103. Phibz!

April 26, 2012 at 10:51 am

Meyhne! I was born in ph , So by birth and association i be a rivers babe…lol
    I love love the pics! I see my “The Grove School ” connection…my beloved school! Mrs Andrew-Jaja looks so awesome and graceful.
    I see you Oroma & Datubo. Wishing the couple a marital bliss.Malumi Morenike

104. Timi

April 26, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Nice weding feature- I loved the trad aspects of the wedding. It really showcased the very unique kalabari tradition. I find the outfits and some of the decorations too loud though almost bordering on vulgar. You dont have to wear all your money :-).In any case beautiful couple.

105. elohelahe

April 26, 2012 at 4:41 pm

simply breathe-taken

106. kurt

April 26, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Beautiful wedding! beautiful bride ! cute couple! unique

107. folake

April 26, 2012 at 6:31 pm

speechless……no comment

108. Fresh Air

April 26, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Hey Naaawwwww!!!! tell everyone its P town. They would Buy u like grey goose and give u wings like red bull, Beautiful Bride, Handsome Groom, in fact all the guys are handsome. Money on display. Some Rivers wedding are not as blazing as this, yet again how many in naija are.lol

109. Ibiere

April 27, 2012 at 8:57 am

I’m so proud of this Kalabari wedding. Now,you guys get to see how entrenched in culture and tradition our people are. We are a very proud people and our weddings are one of the best things in our tradition. My cousins’ wedding have all made me excited for this. Only thing I’m scared of when the time comes are thos beads I’ll hafta wear. Heavy is an understatement.

110. lady lillian

April 27, 2012 at 11:18 pm

whaaoo,breathetaking.. 4rm the beautiful story on how they met to the last wedding detail. #i see u uti.. the fact that they got married in port harcourt really blows me away. damn i love that city, there z something magical abt that place. beautiful couple i must add, there was jus this finesse that was attached to this wedding. and i must add that i love the rich culture of the kalabaris.so many clothes to change to and those beads/customes, #i have died and gone to PH. whaoo,this is amazing. good job bellanaija

111. Nyelu

April 28, 2012 at 2:00 am

OMG..I dunno how to describe how I feel now..this wedding was breathtaking I just kept hoping the pictures wudnt end like I was present in every picture frame I viewed. WoW…I duff myhat to d kalabari culture ths is spectacular and d detailings in d decor and accessories the bride wore…no doubts twas truely her day. BN keep this up this is the best wedding covereage EVER!! I’m going to bed now dreaming of my own “kalabari wedding” tho I’m ibo…

112. Bukky

April 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm

This is very beautiful! The bride looks gorgeous and stunning . I love the very rich kalabari tradtion. In all it was a beautiful wedding. God bless your union

113. Martha

May 3, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Lovely! I love the cultural aspects of the festivities!

114. chi-chi

May 3, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Nigeria and it’s cultures i love em all 🙂 …..bella just gave me another reason to be proud to be Nigerian…..wish you all the best of God’s blessings keep the love alive. i LOVE how he proposed too. #dear future husband take notes oh!!!! lol

115. Jite

May 4, 2012 at 2:30 pm

i just wanna say ‘yes boss’ to the couples, the wedding was so on point, makes me feel like getting married this very instant.anyways, patiently waiting for my turn. congrats!!!

116. toby

May 7, 2012 at 1:46 am

i love that i’m seeing another culture on display apart from the normal yoruba ones i’m used to. i don’t care if i’m kalabari or not,all i know is that i LOVE the cultural display and it makes me proud to be Nigerian. i need to show my carribean sister-inlaw these pictures,i’m damn sure she’ll want this kinda traditional wedding n attires and she won’t even care if her husband is yoruba or not. lol. to the bride n groom,may God bless ur union immensely

117. kemi

May 22, 2012 at 9:10 am

wow! its luvly.

118. DANNY

May 26, 2012 at 10:24 am

1. I FELT FOR THE CHICK… STRESSFUL , LOTS OF DRESSES TO CHANGE TO
    2. TOO MUCH WALK
    3. THE FINE BOYS ARE R BRODAS(I NO DEM)
    BUT IN ALL GOOD ONE..
    GUESSED IT COST MORE DAN 10MILL
    HEARD 3 WEDDINNG PLANNERS WHERE INVOLVED

119. chi-chi

May 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm

chei amebo sha @danny

120. iya ibeji

June 4, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Very Culture Rich. Colourful. Different. happy married life to you both.

121. debdara

June 6, 2012 at 12:59 pm

The traditional wedding is sooooo detailed. twas like i was watchimng a movie. nice

122. boo

June 6, 2012 at 9:01 pm

i have heard about the culture but never seen a wedding on it before.. beautiful, different and unique… you guys culture is rich and on point. What part of Nigeria do you guys come from? i have never had a Kalabari friend or neither have i come across someone from that part of the country.

• Belle

March 24, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Kalabari is a tribe in Rivers state, south south, Nigeria

• bb

December 14, 2014 at 7:50 am

Agbani Darego, Hilda Dokubo, Ibinabo Fibresima, Tonye Cole they are Kalabari.

123. yemisi

June 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm

i so much luv ur tradiotional wedding… its really very traditionalllll

124. chiagozie

July 2, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Beautiful, buh I tink twas jst unnecesarily elaborate.
    Too many clothes to change into
    Stressful!

125. Tayo Adeniji. Buttercups

July 17, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Lovely wedding and we enjoyed making their wedding cake .many many happy years together folks

126. eniba

July 20, 2012 at 4:59 pm

tanx y’all,just feelin cool readin all ur posts…i rep Rivers state, we rock! Nigeria is blessed….b4 u marry from here,make sure u don chop belle-full sha…

127. adesuwa.kirsty EWEK

July 25, 2012 at 4:46 pm

me i ve said it before , always and forever, na ijaw man i go marry, othing nothing else ooooooooo

128. 'Enefaaaah Elizabeth Georgewill

November 26, 2014 at 8:02 pm

thanks very much. you make us proud for our culture and our rich heritage

129. Abraham Omonikukor