Music

BN Bytes: Meaku’s “Love Is Real” | Watch the Trailer & Exclusive Behind the Scenes Footage of Meaku’s “Love Is Real” Video Shoot

Meaku is a Nigerian singer/songwriter based in the US. We featured him a while back in a “Who Is…” feature {click here} and ever since, he’s been on the rise in the music industry.

With the Jonathan Chia-directed video for his smashing new single “Love Is Real” about to drop, Meaku decided to tease us a little with a music video trailer and behind the scenes Footage of the “Love Is Real” Video Shoot by Mo Cali.

Check on it.

Photo credits: Chillapparel

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. Sandra P

May 7, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I loooovvveee Meaku!!!!! Where has he Been? This song and video are so sexy and beautiful. Meaku is looking extra sexy as usual. Get em boy! I can’t wait for the full video. #1 fan

2. Janded

May 7, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Really nice

3. mekhi phifa

May 7, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I don’t no him at all …..sowi!

4. Naija Love

May 7, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Meaku is VERY talented! This Sexy boy gives me the chills! He is making a BIG name for himself around the world. He will be apart of Naija’s ELITE Artist such as Fela, Seal, and Sade. Make us proud! – Naija Love

5. Acho

May 7, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Mo Fire! If you don’t know this guy, wake up, you’re sleeping. Like a thief in the night, his music will creep up on you! Good job!

6. Acho

May 7, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Meaku Fire! If you don’t know this guy, wake up, you’re sleeping. Like a thief in the night, his music will creep up on you! Good job!

7. JAnomaly

May 8, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I support any Nigerian doing something positive bcos we are a super talented group of people and the world need to see more of our talent and how versatile we can be.
    Meaku reminds me a lil bit of Jeremih, and the video looks like a good one, looking forward to hear more from him.

8. JONATHAN CHIA

May 9, 2012 at 10:38 pm

ITS MEAKUS TIME! MTV HERE WE COME!

9. Dayo

May 10, 2012 at 4:17 am

Its about time i thought he was done with his music career. Now i see why he has been MIA. I havent fully heard it but this teaser is dope. When will the full song be released i need to be bumping this in malaysia. Dude needs to come to malaysia, got tons of fans over here. BTW i like the dudes swag no homo oooo ahh u know how you naija folks are. Will definitely check out that jewelry he is rocking. i have ben looking for bracelets like that. Will be visiting aramo soon. Meaku come Malaysia dude.

10. moji

May 10, 2012 at 8:08 am

i have a huge crush on him.he is so effin sexy….the things i will let him do to me 😉

11. SophiaMata

May 12, 2012 at 3:23 am

keep up the great work,and all the best to you guys 🙂 MTV here you come

12. naija4life

May 13, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I’ve never heard of this dude, the teaser looks good though. He better bring it cuz it’s a lot of good artists out. His cousin is a mess, did he say girls here look better than ones in Naija…lol.
    I love my Naijas in America, we taking over. From education, now entertainment, that’s what I’m talking about.

13. Mo Cali

May 31, 2012 at 9:30 am

Ya’ll just be ready because this jam is awesome. The video is gonna be dope and its for all ages. Classy, mature, sentimental, and inspirational. Need I say more.