News

Arsenal FC vs Super Eagles of Nigeria: Which Side Are You On?

Are there any football enthusiasts here? I certainly hope so because I would like us to try something different.

Let’s predict who would win the match between Arsenal Football Club of England and the Super Eagles of Nigeria!

On Sunday, August 5th 2012, the two teams would take each other on in an exciting football match in Abuja, Nigeria.

Arsenal, which came third in the English premiership last season, will be in Nigeria as part of their pre-season preparation. The match will be the first time Arsenal will play against the Super Eagles who are currently ranked 60th in the FIFA rankings.

DanJan Sports, the promoters of the game, say they have an agreement with the Nigeria Football Federation that the Nigerian team would field a strong side for the match.

“The NFF have agreed that the country will present a strong side, as Coach Stephen Keshi continues his development process,” said David Omigie, who spoke for Dan Jan Sports.

“The Arsenal manager (Arsene Wenger) will also use this game to showcase his full squad for the 2012/2013 football season,” Mr. Omigie said.

Arsenal traditionally hosts an annual pre-season tournament at the Emirates Stadium, called the Emirates cup, but they opted to postpone the event this year because of the 2012 London Olympics.

The London club would visit Malaysia and China as part of their pre-season preparation in July before coming to Nigeria. Tickets for the match will go on sale from July 4.

So, what do you think? Arsenal FC vs Super Eagles, who stands a better chance of winning the match? Do you wish to predict the scores?

Again I ask, are there any football enthusiasts here? Maybe someone could give us a pre-match analysis of what to expect.

Let’s know what you think.

News Source: Premium Times

Adeola Adeyemo is a graduate of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management from University of Lagos. However, her passion is writing and she worked as a reporter with NEXT Newspaper. She believes that anything can be written about; anything can be a story depending on the angle it is seen from and the writer's imagination. When she is not writing news or feature articles, she slips into her fantasies and creates interesting fiction pieces. She blogs at www.deolascope.blogspot.com

1. Lois Domnique

June 27, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I am down with Arsenal. Gunner for Life

2. chinco

June 27, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I avta support my country! Gunner ko? *rolling eyes*. Although I don’t av a lotta faith in them. Wish iwas still in abuja, I wlda gone 2 watch. @ bellanaija, I seem 2 be commenting on all ur posts. Hungry n stuck in lagos traffic, lol.

3. Queen E

June 27, 2012 at 9:46 pm

its a win win situation for me….:)

4. Gbenga

June 27, 2012 at 11:12 pm

My advice 2 Asene Wenger is dat he should not use our 1st team squad against Nigeria (giant of africa)

5. Felix Adema

June 27, 2012 at 11:41 pm

As a good citizen of nigeria, i wll still support my country. I dont need to predict anything, but i wish my super eagle success.

6. lilly

June 28, 2012 at 12:02 am

don’t forget “Super Eagles who are currently ranked 60th in the FIFA rankings”. HAHAHA….LMAO GOODLUCK sha! #smh

7. faith

June 28, 2012 at 12:33 am

:((heavy heart)….I am in a fix…don’t know what τ̅☺ do. I am so confused. This thing has been giving me. Sleepless nights. Pls advice me.
    Arsenal n Super Eagles will be playing a friendly match n the problem ȋ̊§ dat I don’t know who τ̅☺ support!:( I am a Nigerian A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ also a strong fan of Arsenal…
    What do I do??? pls help!!!!

• Ginika

June 28, 2012 at 8:21 am

Faith, my dear, maybe this might help you. Go grab your passport or ID book, now gently look at the cover or maybe flip through to the next page. What does it say? If it says Arsenal, I’ll advice you to support them but if it says otherwise…

LOL, even if you support Arsenal, guess what, they wont donate a school to the country if they win, or try fix Nigeria’s electricity shortage problem. Infact, they’ll just hope unto their private jet and bail (as in ja, before Boko Haram tries to bomb them)….

• Ginika

June 28, 2012 at 8:22 am

I meant *hop

• nenger

June 28, 2012 at 10:31 am

be patriotic! that is all you need.
      am Gunner too.

8. Zubyr harley-u

June 28, 2012 at 1:00 am

Wen d interest of choosin btwn Arsenal and Supes Eagles on wu 2 win comes in, d predictin sentiments also pounced on one’s mind, especially on Nigerian Gunner fans.
    But d fact is dat i can’t (sory, i won’t) put Arsenal ahead of my National team (in spite me being an uncompromised gunner), when on many times, i hav pledged my faithfulnes, loyalty and honesty to Nigeria my Country.
    I want Super Eagles to win bt d fact is dat, Arsenal hav upper chances of winnin bein a regular training and playin team while Super Eagles (in 60th of world rankin) only trained occasionaly as a team, hence d lower certainty of triumphin.
    Whoeva wins, i win!
    Gunner 4 life, 9JA 4 EVA!

9. itohow williams

June 28, 2012 at 6:59 am

Great opportunity for the Super Eagles, to me it should not all about who carries the day. The Super Eagles Players and the Coaching crew, should use this platform to learn 1 or 2 things from the Arsenal. Wishing the 2 teams the very best.

10. Bode

June 28, 2012 at 7:44 am

I want Nigeria to win but Arsenal will pass Super Eagles to death. Either way, its still a win win cause We are in for beautiful football.

11. Tess

June 28, 2012 at 8:33 am

Good for Super Eagles, they could learn one or two things from Arsenal and for Keshi, he will learn from Asene Wenger

12. oluyole

June 28, 2012 at 9:10 am

It is indeed a great idea απϑ opportunity for †ђε country απϑ also all †ђε Arsenal football fans is Nigeria. I L♥√ع Nigeria with full mind απϑ promises but i adore Arsenal fc with passion απϑ feeling,but why dis match nau.Anyway Arsenal have upper hand ahead of our team so it going to be Arsenal in favourite side,but the match will beyond just interesting game.Up NaijaArsenal.

13. The White List

June 28, 2012 at 9:29 am

Not even sure who to support sef but this promises to be an interesting match!!!

The White List,
    London

14. UsaveOne

June 28, 2012 at 11:35 am

Absolutely..None! Not a fan of any….!

15. Abs

June 28, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I ain’t much of a football fan but I sure wont miss this one oo. interesting pairing.

16. Jumoke

June 28, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Be positive my brother!
    Nigerian football is developing well so much that Arsenal FC is visiting
    Nigeria during the Arsenal tour of Nigeria 2012. Not only is Nigeria home to some of the world’s most exciting players, but
    also has the most competitive teams. Arsenal FC epitomise the allure of
    “Premiership” and we offer at discover-nigeria.com you the chance to
    enjoy a wonderful weekend or week in one or two of Nigeria most vibrant
    and beautiful cities. Our tour packages start from from 29th Jul to the
    -6 August 2012 weekends include full secure transportation from 2 nights
    accommodation or longer in either Lagos or Abuja city centre hotel
    including ticket to the world class Abuja National Stadium for this
    historic tour .
    Please contact Jumoke Tel 00 234 8162360465 [email protected] Busola on 00 234 8152686450 http://www.discover-nigeria.com

17. Ib

June 29, 2012 at 3:31 am

No need to think twice…Gunner for Life jare…

18. Vidah joshua

July 5, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Arsenal fc is a wonderful clud known around the world, and so nigeria too, but the tactis differs,but i wish my country to win but it wil not be easy,de only advice to the national team is that they should work as a team,co-operate,celebrate and play togther for the success of the team n the nation.

19. Eyob

July 13, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I know arsenal will win 3-0

20. Georgee Runo

July 24, 2012 at 10:55 am

I will always stand tall for my father land even when I am so convinced that Arsenal. Is favorite. But no one man can predict football in that direction in age. Who believe red carded Chelsea side to win champions league? Or Nigeria to snatch a cup off the almighty Brazil? I will sting to Nigeria super Eagle, G☺☺ϑ or bad.

21. Enoni

July 27, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Up Eagles even if we’ll loose.

22. Oluebube

August 5, 2012 at 3:34 pm

It’sn’t yet over until is over but Super Eagle have 2 b firing mainly mid field nd wingers so dat d striker will be giving a hope for 1-0 win against Emirate

23. goals galore

August 7, 2012 at 1:01 pm

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually
    something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and extremely broad for me.
    I’m looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of
    it!