Music

D’Banj: “I Would Have Been Married If Mo’Hits Had Not Broken Up” | The Koko Master Spills the Beans on His Relationships

Onos

D'banj

Wow! The plot thickens. As part of his recent media tour, D’Banj was interviewed by Funsho Arogundade of PM News.

During the interview, they spoke about his forthcoming album, headlining the MTV All-Stars concert held in Durban, South Africa, his relationship with Don Jazzy and ‘why he shelved his marriage plans?’

Here’s an excerpt from the interview.

When are you going to get married and have kids?

“To tell you the truth, I would have been married if Mo’Hits had not broken up. The crisis really affected me and I had to start so many things afresh. Just like my mentor 2Face Idibia, I will be married and have my own kids one day.”

How much do you miss Don Jazzy?

“I really miss Don Jazzy and I miss the whole Mo’Hits crew. But are we talking about the engine or about the whole car?”

I can only imagine how many more questions these answers open up. Who was D’Banj planning to marry? Is he speaking hypothetically that he believes he would have been more comfortable with his music grind and would have settled down by now? Does this mean that he believes he would have been more successful if Mo’Hits survived?

Share your thoughts!

Photo Credit: BellaNaija

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them.Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. During his interview with Toolz, he said something about a serious relationship.

mytestimonys.blogspot.com/

2. Dora the explorer

June 20, 2013 at 11:24 am

He is just assuming!!!

3. pynk

June 20, 2013 at 11:29 am

Lol Dbanj should be quiet. we have heard.

• Blackpearl

June 20, 2013 at 11:44 am

Heard what? please do tell 😉

4. goldfinch

June 20, 2013 at 11:37 am

ehya………and I pity him sha 🙁
    I can totally relate to starting things afresh especially when you least expect it to happen.
    I wish you the best D’banj.

5. gistyinka blog

June 20, 2013 at 11:42 am

god will give you mr right….

• Rukky

June 20, 2013 at 12:12 pm

🙂 🙂 Haahaa, it’s impossible–Don Jazzy took his heart and their children and now his heart is damaged…how would you feel if your wife was to leave you and take the kids with her…how would you feel??? *holds back giggle*

• dreal

June 21, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Mr????

6. Kemi

June 20, 2013 at 11:52 am

I really like this guy! he is very sincere and genuine and i think he has a good heart.. dapo, pls dust mohits off your shoulder, get up and walk again!I believe in you and know you can do it!you are very likeable with a bubbly personality!
    he must have been very hurt by the split! well thats life!

7. xoxo

June 20, 2013 at 11:54 am

Tuface is your mentor ke??? ……just saying.

8. theeto

June 20, 2013 at 12:00 pm

serzly i am confused… is he getting married to don jazzy…. or does he have to break up with his gehfrnd bcuz he has issues wif his biz partners. or naa Don Jazzy sister he dey bfrnd bfor………. smh#

9. Rukky

June 20, 2013 at 12:09 pm

This is why this Mo’hits breakup thing still neva clear me–D’banj makes me laugh 🙂 like if you watch his interviews about the split, laugh go just catch you. You can’t even feel sad about it, although the thought of it is sad. Please, Uncle D’banj and Aunty Don Jazzy, make una merge una selves again. Both of y’all are just not as enigmatic and entertaining as you were when you were together. Family and Friends fight all the time but the thing is that you can’t divorce your family members and if friends are the family we choose then by the same token, you should never give up on your friends. Toop of the morning to you governor! lol ejaaa nlaaa, comedian LOL

10. kokoqueen

June 20, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Rukky….Whatz wth the Aunty Donjazzy….Pride comes before a fall….Newspaper today is suya paper tomorrow…..Dbanj just gave a flimsy excuse…My greatest joy is that this scapegoat didnt end up wth Genevieve. [email protected] mentor is 2face….what next? u wanna use tuface to save face now…from Davido to Olamide to Durella now Tuface lol….Dbanj is just inconsistently inconsistent..Choi…Next time…think twice before u sign urself to someone who is the chief of blasphemy – kanye…he has taken all ur luck….enuf said…My Best Music artist still remain 2face Idibia….Best Actor -Genevieve Nnaji and Best producer Donjazzy…cos they have been consistently consistent haha

• g

June 20, 2013 at 12:55 pm

HEYY… The last time i checked Kanye signed both of them you [email protected]

• D'banj

June 20, 2013 at 1:22 pm

My friend what has don jazzy don since the spite? if you are talking about the kick then you know nothing about music, you are just unless and bias because D’banj na Yoruba no be igbo man, that is why Nigeria would never be Good. useless set of – claiming to be Music fan, you better wake up from that your sleep. D’banj has been getting alot of airwave what has don jazzy done since nah. idiot

• binta

June 20, 2013 at 4:25 pm

why must everything be tribal, you my dear is the problem with nigeria. Second donjazzy is not igbo , he is isoko, even though his mom is igbo, we are what our fathers are. No one else mention tribe until you came along, so stop blaming others when you are the problem your seek. Anyways dbanj if you truly loved whoever it was, no amount of feud amongst friends would have caused you to leave her, unless she was relation to jazzy and even so, isnt love suppose to conquer all? Anyways good luck on ya endeavors…

• Saved By Grace

June 20, 2013 at 6:24 pm

@ Binta, doh i’m nt into d tribalism argument, pls correct urself, Don Jazzy is very igbo! he is from Isuikwuato L.G.A in Abia state. even his wikipedia page says so. dat ur isoko…na u know where u get am from, look for a better famzing line.

• Rukky

June 20, 2013 at 3:23 pm

shoo, calm down girl, why your eye deeey red??? Is joke o…and why you so angry anyways? Newspaper of today is suya paper of tomorrow? May that never be our portion IJN because if that’s his case then I don’t see why that’s something to laugh at–that’s actually incredibly very very depressing. On the real though, let’s just all enjoy their craft and refrain from taking sides because in such cases everyone has their reasons of why the other person is wrong and they are right…you can’t judge a situation and take a stand with limited facts but if you know everything that has been going on between them then by all means you fit shout…and it’s just not nice insinuating that Kanye na winch wen you were probably shouting “Sweeerve!” the other day in clurb!

• Jia

June 20, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Tuface is someone a lot of Nigerian musicians look up to because he opened the door for a lot of them. His biggest single African Queen was internationally recognized during a time where our music wasn’t as big as it is today. He has remained relevant, humble, and on top since his African Queen era. So yes, Tuface is his mentor.

11. Ewurafua

June 20, 2013 at 1:06 pm

This is my interpretation of his marriage statement.
    Had MoHitz not broken up, the next progression in his life would have been marriage and starting a family. After all, his career was soaring and he was established.
    Once the record label broke up; rather than focusing his attention on finding the right partner for himself, he had to go back to career mode and sort things out.
    If MoHitz wasn’t defunct, he would have made a natural progression: career and then marriage.

• goldfinch

June 20, 2013 at 1:22 pm

ur head dey there

• binta

June 20, 2013 at 4:28 pm

high five babes, you hit the nail on the head.

• dee one

June 21, 2013 at 1:21 am

Exactly….plain and simple. You took those words right outta my mind. Your interpretation is exactly wat I believe his statement meant.

• vanese

June 21, 2013 at 8:39 am

gbam thats it girl

12. Baba T aka T Baba

June 20, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I am sorry but I met this dude a few years ago at his house on the island with some close friends of his and he was a wonderful host, funny, a really good dude but this dude is ‘GAY’ straight up Or maybe he is a male with super feminine traits. I am not saying anything is wrong with him being that if in-fact he is but this dude can’t possibly like females….. #Justsaying

• Wale Abba

June 20, 2013 at 1:52 pm

A lost

13. Concerned_Boyfriend

June 20, 2013 at 2:15 pm

*yinmu* D’Banj married ?. He’s speaking in parables… D’banj is a long way from marriage.
    So this line from Kokoqueen cracked me up “Newspaper today is suya paper tomorrow”…hahahahaha

14. jenny

June 20, 2013 at 2:42 pm

D’banj is confused

15. RIO

June 20, 2013 at 2:44 pm

D’Banj,
    I no longer find it convenient to ignore that which I now accept about you…as unappealing. Not really willing to indulge or excuse…babysit or pacify the rude intrusion you mask…with hollow pregnant intentions…and careless ire. Expectations never met or claimed…left little chance satisfaction would ever raise it’s aim. Lost airs unsuited…pretending to compensate for the excuses you spread contagiously with no after thought as to the indifference that defines what I and others…are forced to receive as unkind… Perhaps your talents would be better served beyond the banks of my challenge…or opinions which I can no longer withhold or reserve. And with that on advice…without remorse or contrite… I wish you well…and set you free. It’s almost certain you will need it as best I perceive. God is in the details…even those you attempt to conceive… “As good as you give…will be as good as you receive…” Only you can determine the measure of your destination…what ultimately you will give and be gifted in life… It all starts with the quality and earnestness of your heart and best organic intentions…
    What you achieve…will most inevitably com to fruition….transpire.

• Rukky

June 20, 2013 at 3:10 pm

*clicks fingers, clicks fingers* Poetry

• Rukky

June 20, 2013 at 3:47 pm

snaps fingers, *click, click* [error]

• dee one

June 21, 2013 at 1:26 am

It’s not an MBA exam….take a chill pill with all the grammar, simple English words written in a few short lines would have conveyed the same message.

• guess

June 21, 2013 at 9:57 am

was all that grammar necessary? we are all confused about this whole mohits issue pls dont further confuse us it ur disjointed grammar. sincerely I think mohits issue all boils down to pride,a simple “I realise I was wrong and am sorry” would have solved all this. I wish you well Dbanj,am waiting eagerly to see you walk down the aisle.

16. olu

June 20, 2013 at 2:53 pm

mohits is history, yall broke up for a reason, so please move on. I am tired of them referring to the PAST! because thats what mohits is. MOVE ON DBANJ

17. Naveah

June 20, 2013 at 4:01 pm

This is like saying because a girl broke your heart, you will put that part of your life on hold and not find love again with someone worth their weight in gold. Okay, siddon dere now. You think sey all those people at Mo’Hits included Don Jazz no dey live dem lives but are sitting around thinking about you?

Oga D’banj, abeg find another excuse, my brother or simply let’s keep it hood and say that you never finish chooking all the free toto dem dey throw your way for free. Better yet, maybe you are a commitment phobe who isn’t sure that any girl coming at you now is the real deal and not a gold digger so your feet is getting colder as your dollar stacks higher. People need to stop asking you questions for which you can’t give a real answer. Just do you and when it is time, we all go dey here.

While you are at it, please look up to 2baba in matters of music/career moves BUT NOT for matters of the heart and loins. Six children three different women is NOT a good record to emulate.

18. Product of public Education

June 20, 2013 at 4:08 pm

@RIO I feel you all you need now na FINALLY beat to take line this your poetry. @Baba T aka T baba seriously too much beef dey cause cancer o

19. Concerned_Boyfriend

June 20, 2013 at 6:08 pm

LOL @RIO with his poetic rant….Finally!! Buahahahaha

20. job5:12

June 20, 2013 at 6:43 pm

How cld he have gotten married ?when he said in the mohits family he was like the mum and don jazzy was the dad!a lot of puzzles with them celebs.

• Rukky

June 20, 2013 at 7:40 pm

🙂 🙂 I can’t even believe we’re even discussing this…abeg una bye bye o–I have to study, this site is too addictive LOL

21. Alex

June 20, 2013 at 9:39 pm

He has issues, if you like go space. who care?? GROW UP & USE YOUR HEAD o_O

22. Alex

June 20, 2013 at 9:40 pm

*s

23. candy

June 20, 2013 at 10:49 pm

D`Banj just marry Genevieve already GOSH! yol belong together

24. 'Mide

June 21, 2013 at 12:01 am

He is living out the dream most folks would rather have. As fans, we wish, most times, our idols get it right. Yet, life usually is a bit more complicated. Success = (ambition + vision + execution + persistence )+ luck + timing. You can have all four items (in the enclosure) in your checklist, but without luck and timing you can’t make it. If success was that predictable, everyone should be winning. Anyone in business knows willingness to take risk is what opens up new frontiers. We should respect him for willing to dare. It shows a man right there!

25. abc

June 21, 2013 at 1:00 am

i WISH YOU THE VERY BEST. GOD WILL DIRECT YOUR HEART TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT WOMAN THAT SUIT YOU AND VICE VERSA.
    GOD KNOWS THE BEST WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.

STAY COOL.

26. Joseph

June 21, 2013 at 9:18 pm

i fink d problem of many of u is da u can nt interprete a simple sentence which is due 2 d lack of ability 2 fink widely. In any english examinatn dia is always a sectn wia u ave 2 tell what a conveyed sentence implies. Xo what dbanj z is more of like it nd u are expectd 2 interprete it

27. Sir Kenie

June 25, 2013 at 7:50 am

My view about this is that everyone is responsible for his/her self or action. If the break up was not necessary it wouldn’t have come to stay. I believe they have had enough of themselves and they needed to go apart. Perhaps, tts barely a year they went apart, let us give them time to put things together and support both parties in their endeavors rather than judging, criticizing and taking sides. Always remember: it is not how far you go but how well…I love D banj no doubt in terms of entertaining/singing and on the otherside Don JAZZY is my favourite Producer.

28. BAMIDELE

August 5, 2013 at 3:29 pm

If Dbanj think is d separation from MOHITS dt distrupt his marriage plans that means he’s not principled, I think he doesn’t knw what he want let him seek d face of God in choosing a woman. I’m his fans also I want him to marry a good woman nd I will also implore him to settle with Don Jassy even husband and wife fight and settle if he bcos of little misunderstanding he path ways with Mohits dt mean when he marries he will divorce his wife on a little misunderstanding let him retrace his beginning DON JASSY AND D BANJ should make amends.