News

The Journey to the Amalgamation of Nigeria | Watch the Interesting Documentary Here

BellaNaija.com

Nigeria-Coat-Of-Arms-psd19573

As Nigeria builds up to the events surrounding the centenary celebration of Nigeria’s existence as a geographical and political construct. We found this documentary which talks about Nigeria’s journey from pre-colonial Nigeria to the individual stories.

It is quite educative and informative. The production of the video was supported by the Dangote Group.

We hope you enjoy it and learn something from it.

1. jenny

June 19, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Nice 1 so far so good. January 2014 all the best NIGERIA

2. jenny

June 19, 2013 at 6:01 pm

😉

3. Concerned_Boyfriend

June 19, 2013 at 6:17 pm

This is history!!!…. Every Nigerian needs to watch this..

4. honey A

June 19, 2013 at 7:04 pm

seen this before very interesting.

5. prism of an immigrant

June 19, 2013 at 7:17 pm

The documentary is informative, but I dislike its conclusion. The amalgamation of the different colonies into Nigeria was not in the interest of the local men and women who lived in these colonies. But the narrator described it as though it was. In fact, we need to stop calling it an “amalgamation” because it was really a merger done purely for the economic benefit of the British and to eliminate redundancy.

• rebellious child

June 19, 2013 at 8:09 pm

amen!!!speak the truth my friend!!

• chichi

June 20, 2013 at 2:44 am

word!!!

6. Aryah

June 19, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I AM NIGERIAN!

7. adeniyi opemipo

June 19, 2013 at 8:38 pm

this is a really revealing documentary but there’s too much secret in Nigeria

check out hot entertainment gist HERE

8. FJD

June 20, 2013 at 1:39 am

I wished political crooks has not evaded this country

9. Tunmi

June 20, 2013 at 1:54 am

The best history video I have found is this one: youtube.com/watch?v=16vubBIx-T0

“The Real Story of Nigeria” made by Jide Olanrewaju

10. Miss Mo

June 20, 2013 at 5:00 am

Oh wow, I love it. Watch African American history videos on youtube. Awesome that Nigerians can put some together to educate us. Shame on me, I only just found out Nigeria was formed by several different small and big tribes that came together. *covers face* Very insightful and educative video. Thanks much for posting. 🙂

11. enkay

June 20, 2013 at 7:04 am

This below is much better! Not the above big money sponsored & poorly done documentary that shades and glosses over the true problems that beset our land. Below is an amateur production of 2 years worth of compiled research, never done before… enjoy and be enlightened

The Real Story of Nigeria – By Jide Olanrewaju
    youtube.com/watch?v=16vubBIx-T0

12. 5'5

June 20, 2013 at 8:28 am

i had tears at the end of this. I choose to be Nigerian.

13. nike

June 20, 2013 at 12:51 pm

if you really want an objective compilation of historoical events, you should watch ‘naij’ by Jide Olanrewaju
    youtube.com/watch?v=16vubBIx-T0

14. Gee Bee

June 20, 2013 at 1:17 pm

The Europeans made us suffer but our politicians are more cruel…… We need change but change wont come if we all keep folding our arms. I believe in the Nigerian dream

15. tomeloma

June 20, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I am proudly Nigerian, a very infomative and moving documentary

16. Itohan

June 20, 2013 at 4:14 pm

After a 100 years Nigeria is still about promise? Please look at the logo at the end of the documentary, at the bottom it says “One Nigeria, Great Promise”. Promises, promises, promises! That’s the vocabulary that Nigerian leaders use to deceive their people. So, please tell us; a question to all Nigerians particularly to our leaders: what is the next 100 years going to be for Nigeria (and Nigerians) particularly at a time where the ‘jet age’ and ‘worldwide web’ is upon us? Na promises we go chop? Please don’t get me wrong, the documentary is very good and I do applaud it. But the way it finished is indicative of the way forward: promises, empty ‘Great Promises’. People and Nations have conquered space, have made the world a mobile phone call, a twitter or a blog away, have created innovative and sophisticated financial solutions and instruments, effective curriculum for primary, secondary and tertiary institutions and for those who want to do informal labour, advanced parliamentary and legal frameworks and innovations in economics, mechanics, medicine and have pioneered new forms of retailing (some of which, as always we have copied). People and Nations are pushing the edge of reason and the edge of the human endeavour for the good of the world and creating things – not making promises. And after 100 years, with the advantage we have of the innovations of time and space i.e. the internet etc, we are still making Promises! Common, we deserve more than great promises. I don’t want promises I want purpose-driven action backed by rationale thought for the good of the country and her people. And I want it now, I want it for the next 12 months, the next decade, the next 100 years. Only then would Nigeria be truly move from being a pretentiously great country to a truly great nation – as a Nation (not as great individuals)! Nigeria arise. God bless Nigeria and those whom within and in diaspora are in the pursuit of the good and of greatness.

17. Young money

June 20, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I didnt bother watching this. Watch the Real Story of Nigeria doc by Jide Olanrewaju instead. You’ll be glued to the screen