Happy Wednesday – hump day has never looked so colourful than in our weekly wedding feature with Munaluchi Bride Magazine!
For those in North America, Asia and Europe fall is officially here! Nature’s colours are changing – rich tones of orange and yellow surround us. Cheta and Victoria’s wedding was this time last year and the couple used these hues – with a burst of pink, as their official wedding colours.
Enjoy their beautiful wedding – they look so in love! We wish the couple a fruitful and blessed life together.
Bride: Victoria Tasie
Groom: Cheta Azubuike
Wedding Date: September 7, 2012
From the bride Victoria
The planning process was fun but at the same time challenging . Our color theme was pink and orange with a touch of mustard yellow, because of how beautifully the colors blend. The most challenging part of the planning process was picking the right vendors that we could relate to and that were cost effective at the same time. The first step was to get the right reception venue that we both loved. Our style is generally contemporary. However, we went for a reception venue that was a little different. It has character and would be described as a beautiful venue with history and charm built in 1820 located in the midst of major quality antique centers, artist studios and craft galleries. Everything else began to fall into place once the hall was selected.
We did incorporate culture as we are from Nigeria, West Africa. We had Aso-ebi, where the bride’s friends wear outfits sewn from ankara material to support the couple. The bride also made corsages from the same material for her chief hostesses to pin on any part of there color selected outfit. During the reception we had the breaking of kola nut which signifies paying respect to our elders and welcoming our guest in the Igbo culture. To inculcate part of our heritage during our wedding we changed into traditional outfits and accessories during the wedding reception.
See more beautiful photos and moments on the Munaluchi Bride website: https://munaluchibridal.com/?p=35074
• Wedding dress: David’s Bridal
• Bridesmaid dresses: Debratas designs www.debratas.com
• Groom and groomsmen suits: Zara
• Hair: Ebere Onuoha
• Makeup:Iloveyourglow (Glow Events Management)
• Ceremony location: St John’s episcopal Church, Ellicott city, MD www.stjohnsec.org
• Reception location: The great room at Savage mill in Savage, MD www.savagemill.com
• Catering services: Putting on the ritz, Laurel, MD www.puttingontheritz.com
• Food: Queensway foods in Riverdale park, MD www.queenswayfood.com
• Photography: Skytouche photos www.skytouchephotos.com
• Videography: Rubic house LLC www.rubichouse.com
• Florist: Black Eye Susan in Gambrills, MD www.theblackeyedsusan.com
• Cake: Cakesplus, Laurel, MD www.cakesplus.com
• Event designer: Decor by Anthonia, Philadelphia, PA
• Wedding DJ: PI entertainment, Bowie, MD
We love weddings as much as you do – get in touch for inquiries, inspiration & more!
Google + | Instagram: BellaNaijaWeddings | Twitter: BellaNaijaWed | FB: BellaNaijaWeddings