News

Lovers In Lagos! Ella & Obinna’s Pre-Wedding Shoot | AkinTayoTimi

BellaNaija Weddings

akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-19

Yay! It’s time for a pre-wedding photoshoot with cute couple Ella & Obinna. The couple has the most hilarious meeting and proposal story. AkinTayoTimi did an amazing job capturing the couple in their element – lovers in Lagos!

Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bride-to-be: Ella
Groom-to-be: Obinna

How They Met
From the bride to be, Ella
Our story is soo weird when I think of it..
On my birthday, 3rd of January 2013, he saw my picture on a friends BlackBerry DP, and just like that oh, wahala started. He started worrying her for my pin, bribing her, to bribe me, lol. I wasn’t interested in another ‘man wahala’, so I said “No” to my friend. My friend eventually gave in to his pressure and gave out my pin without my consent *angry face*. Then the big head started worrying me, I just wanted to shut him out immediately, so I was forming busy.

Then one faithful day, my close pal, Chinenye was toying with my phone and started replying to his pings and before I knew it, she agreed to going see a movie with him *shaking my own big head*. I was so pissed with her, that I couldn’t even properly give her a piece of my mind. I tried to make it difficult for us to meet up, making up excuses like “I don’t have much time today or tomorrow”, “I don’t drive and I cannot easily get a cab”, blah blah blah. He still persisted, arranged for a cab to come pick me up and so I hopped in. Lo and behold, when I saw him, he was short (Honestly, any little hype disappeared, lol). Interestingly enough, when I heard him talk, like really talk, I was more than impressed with his person, so I decided to stop the shakara and pay him some attention. Well he was good enough for the ‘friend-zone’ sha, but after a month he asked me to be his Valentine and later officially asked me to be his girlfriend and so and so and so…

Now for The Proposal, you would honestly flog me 🙂
I was preparing to pass out from NYSC in June, he had an important trip to PHC the same week, so in my mind I was gonna celebrate with friends. His dad came into Lagos a week before and gave him some box that looked funny. I asked the nonsense boy what it was, he says “It is an internet banking token for my dad’s friend”. I keep quiet, like since when did you have to hide tokens this well. Suddenly two days to my passing out, he says his trip to PHC had been cancelled and that he would like to stay back for my sake. I was soo happy, in many ways, ignorant of his plan. Passing out was fun but soo late, my friends and I already had a celebration dinner planned which ended late at about 10pm (it was supposed to end at 6pm). By this time I was pissed with him, cuz he had just called only once the whole day, just to say congrats. I was supposed to go to his place after the dinner, but I went home instead. It was almost midnight, I had begun getting ready to sleep when he suddenly calls me, barking. No, first he asks me where I was, I say am Home. Then he starts shouting, “I cancelled my trip cuz of you and you left me alone all day” yada yada yada. Omo, for peace to reign, I got dressed jeh-jeh, and called back my cab guy.

I get to his place and he was still fuming, I apologized for not coming to see him and he calmed down. He didn’t want to continue talking and lays down to start sleeping. Then when I am almost asleep, I hear him call me up. He apologizes for shouting and says “I had something planned, you didn’t show up, but what I have to say cannot wait” He reaches into his bag and brings out a Blackberry Q10. I was soo happy, cuz I had been wanting the phone. I immediately start going at the box, getting out the phone and opening further to get the battery. Then laying right inside is our very own small box from before. I immediately realised what it all meant and tears filled my eyes. He explains that he had made dinner reservations for us at Radisson Blu and that he had some messed up plan of doing it there. But I had to party with ma friends and forget him :(. I really didn’t hear all the gist then, cuz I was still in shock. I said “Yes, of course,” and gave him probably one of the biggest kisses of his life 😉
Interesting story abi? 🙂

~ Photography: AkinTayoTimi

akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-17 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-18 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-11 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-16 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-34 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-5 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-1 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-31 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-27 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-25 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-20 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-9 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-10 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-12 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-7 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-8akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-21akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-22 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-15 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-24 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-13 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-14 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-23 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-26 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-4 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-35 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-2 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-3 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-6 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-28 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-29 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-30 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-32 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-33 akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-36akintayotimi_nigerian_esession_lagos-couple-bellanaija-ella-obinna-0

Credits: AkinTayoTimi | Blog | Facebook TwitterInstagram | Email: tayo_dapo “at” yahoo.com

We love weddings as much as you do – get in touch for inquiries, inspiration & more!

E-mail: weddings (at) bellanaija.com
Google + | Instagram: BellaNaijaWeddings | Twitter: BellaNaijaWed | FB: BellaNaijaWeddings

1. temi

October 28, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Aawwww sooo cute..am soo jealous…wish u guys the best

2. corolla

October 28, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I really enjoyed their story.

3. GirlInLove

October 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Awwwww…sweet story..great couple

4. Goldmine

October 28, 2013 at 1:04 pm

very cute and lovely story

5. eesha

October 28, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Lol @ he was short. We can’t all have tall, dark and handsome. Cute couple.

6. Sarah Adebayo

October 28, 2013 at 1:09 pm

God bless!! Wishing you the best of luck

7. zelda

October 28, 2013 at 1:14 pm

[email protected] was short, my 1st thought wn i met my husband, bt he
    turned out to be d best thing dat has happend to
    me*smiles*

• zsa zsa

October 28, 2013 at 8:43 pm

yep! same here…we all can’t have TD&H. When i met my hubby i was too interested in what was coming out of his mouth i didn’t even notice his height!

8. zelda

October 28, 2013 at 1:16 pm

n my husband was dat persistent too,lol

9. Ebun

October 28, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Awww! How sweet! Beautiful photos too.

itsebunite.wordpress.com

10. Nana

October 28, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Your story shows you are a very vibrant and fun loving person…….May your marriage be filled with joy, love and laughter always…….you are both so beautiful.

11. Ebun

October 28, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Awww! How sweet! Beautiful photos too.

itsebunite.wordpress.com

12. Berry Dakara

October 28, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, too cute!

Great pictures!

berrydakara.blogspot.com

13. Nneks

October 28, 2013 at 1:23 pm

LOL interesting story…..All the best and HML in advance….

14. DAMMY

October 28, 2013 at 1:28 pm

beautiful people!!!

15. julit

October 28, 2013 at 1:28 pm

simple love
    Bless you guys

16. PRIMEPERSONA

October 28, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Awesome! Interesting story too! Met in January, got engaged
    in June….that’s so ideal for me….God bless you guys

• Dare to be

October 28, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Life is not a race oooo and marriage is a lifetime . It best to properly know someone before getting married, only the lucky ones get it right after 6months . Dont rush as u might not be so lucky getting it right . Take your time to know someone first a happy married life in the future
      That been said, Best of luck to the couple, wishing them

• T'shwb

October 28, 2013 at 7:42 pm

My parents got married within 6 months of meeting. 39 years later and the love is still going strong. There’s simply no template for love and marriage. Stories will always be as different as people are different.

• Nicole

October 29, 2013 at 2:08 pm

My dear, I am with you on this one. I honestly think its very awkward to decide that someone is the right person for you, in less than six months, even if you guys are together 24/7. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, so why the rush? Its not like you guys are old, even if you were, there would still be no need to rush. Regardless, all the best.

• smooth

October 29, 2013 at 3:04 pm

@daretobe, if u like my dear date d guy for 10yrs , u cant finish knowing a man.u grow each day to know urslfs. theres no guarantee for less or more years. what you just need is love and understanding. cases of people who even end up after knowing for 16yrs exist. so darl everyone shuld just pray for d best in marriage, and not put anything as a yardstick for marriage. *just saying*

17. Perry

October 28, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Best Pre- Nupital Phoot Shoot Ever!…Walk down the aisle
    and live ur dreams cuties.

18. amarachi

October 28, 2013 at 1:39 pm

luvly

19. I formerly known as Miss Anonymous

October 28, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Nice!

20. Dee

October 28, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Wow! Interesting,God bless your union.

21. nonye

October 28, 2013 at 2:05 pm

LMHO!!!! God bless you both!

22. billionaire in grace

October 28, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I wonder who takes all these pictured cos everything is
    just so perfect. Nice couple

• Lizzy O.

October 29, 2013 at 5:32 am

Photographer info is posted.
      These particular ones were taken by the Talented AkinTayoTimi.

Gorgeous Images. I love the story, and and the couple – they are gorgeous and compliment each other, BUT I too JUST LOVE THE IMAGES!! Photography at its finest.

23. Tumilara

October 28, 2013 at 2:25 pm

The trips is that these pictures were actually taken in Lagos, asin so beautiful im asking myself is that the same Ajose Adeogun street i drive thru to work everyday?

The photography did indeed do justice to the story… Wish them both a HML

24. Muna

October 28, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Happy for u gf cos stories lik this are rare to hear,that’s what real men do,is not how far but how well.Enjoy d gift of marriage hun!!!

25. X- Factor

October 28, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Clean Pictures
    Beautiful Couple
    Congrats

26. Modella

October 28, 2013 at 2:28 pm

The guy seem taller than M.I,Davido,wizkid etc .I’m as tall as Agbani,so I prefer my man to be average height.The cream top is giving me life,I want!

27. kaddy

October 28, 2013 at 2:35 pm

beautiful bride to b d guy aint bad eida

28. chinenye

October 28, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Ella and Obi…. Two lovebirds….one could simply say they look alike…yes that’s what marriage does to two people coming together…u begin to resemble each other with time….i am happy my sweetie found her perfect match and best friend…Its not a matter of how long you know each other… all that matters is the love and u just know it when he/she is the right one….May God bless your union darlings….Muah..

29. Anita....

October 28, 2013 at 2:52 pm

@Berry Dakara….how long must i wait for your wedding to happen.*tears

30. Bose

October 28, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Beautiful couple, very Wonderful Photography

31. Serendipity

October 28, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I love her sense of humor! Lmao. Cute couple 🙂

32. Onwughalu Ogochukwu

October 28, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Congrats gal,A̶̲̥̅♏ so happy for U̶̲̥̅̊ .May ur union be bless

33. juicy

October 28, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I think he is plenty cute

34. mujer

October 28, 2013 at 3:38 pm

The camera is an excellent one. I want one!!!!

35. Alex

October 28, 2013 at 3:48 pm

aawwww! too cute!

36. smashingM

October 28, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Short?????. My husband had to chase me for 3 years because he is short. I accepted to go out with him because i was bored but surprisingly, i became hooked. I’ll forever be grateful to God for giving me that day and for making me go out with him.

37. obi

October 28, 2013 at 3:56 pm

hmm obi opara, i no know say u like berra thing like this. nice one bro, all the best!!! God bless your union.

38. Vicky

October 28, 2013 at 4:05 pm

So,so,jealous in a positive way.

39. adelegirl

October 28, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Cute couple!

40. PweetyPeepy

October 28, 2013 at 4:45 pm

awwww! cute couple, great future awaits you both. Shakara pays sometimes u know*wink

41. gbemisola

October 28, 2013 at 4:55 pm

aww congrats ……. yippee i know obi…. (so what ?)

42. Limoges

October 28, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Nooiiiiicceeee!

43. bella

October 28, 2013 at 4:57 pm

cute couple…..

44. Rynyx

October 28, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Abi o, @Berry, I am so looking forward to your wedding. But this guy is not short na abi is it just me? thank God you said yes o. you both come across as fun lovers. wish you all the best.

45. marian

October 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Obinna opara congrats…representing navy ph peeps…

46. D

October 28, 2013 at 5:30 pm

ty is such an amazing photographer! God bless your hustle sweeetie!

47. Hadassah

October 28, 2013 at 5:40 pm

I refused to marry my ex boyfriend cuz he is short, even though I loved him so much.. I guess I was just naïve, coupled with peer pressure. I was just 21 and he was 28. I am 25 now, and till this day I am yet to find a man who adored me like he did. To say I regret that naïve decision is an understatement. I have regretted that decision from the moment I made it. He wanted kids and a family, but all I saw was my dream of going to school and eventually getting my Phd. Besides, he proposed two days before I left for my masters in the US. I was confused cuz I totally didn’t see it coming.We had only been dating for nine months. I always thought I was just one of his jumpam pass girlfriends, as he had a long list of exes. I thought I would just enjoy the ride as he had his own business, was well established and use to spoil me with attention and whatever I wanted. After all I’ll be leaving for school in a few months. To my shock, this guy was actually head over heels for me. He was visibly sad when I showed him my visa. He tried to convince me to stay and told me he was actually praying I don’t get the visa. I spent my last days with him and tried to keep him calm and that we could still work things out. He would cry at night and wake me up to convince me not to leave me. In fact I still have pics of him crying at the airport when I left. He said he had a disturbing feeling, he would not have me back after I boarded the plane.
    I was planning on reconnecting with him when I go home this December, but someone told me he got married two months ago (My heart skipped one thousand beats and dropped in stomach. But I no die, so there is hope.. In fact I have been hearing conflicting stories. Some say he is doing “come we stay” with the chick and two other people say its marriage. Either way, i’m on a mission this December.
    Never let a man’s height deceive you. Talk to an elderly person you trust if you ever feel peer pressured.

• slice

October 28, 2013 at 7:08 pm

so did you say no because of his height or because of your masters. I like gist. please clarify

o, and cute couple up there!

• zsa zsa

October 28, 2013 at 8:55 pm

@slice, you no be beta pesin o lol, you wan hear gist abi? hehehe.
      @Hadassah(lovely name by the way), sorry dear. I understand what you mean by peer pressure….unfortunately at that age its quite common and you are pressured for all the wrong reasons. When my hubby and i were dating, he would come visit me in school and my roommates would ask silly questions like “so would you marry him if he asks?”, “isn’t he too short?”, “so will you were high heels if/when you marry him?”….i mean DUMB questions.
      Anyways, you will find someone just learn from your mistakes and open your heart.

• slice

October 28, 2013 at 10:22 pm

lol zsa zsa. and I checked again and the gist is still not complete.

• lollyb

October 29, 2013 at 10:07 am

In Jesus name o! If hes not hooked, you will get him back. Say amen!

• Iamnephiza

October 31, 2013 at 5:03 pm

i totally understand. was in a similar situation. Boyfriend of a year + i was 18, was about to leave naija and felt it would not work out, told him i wanted a breakup cos i felt it couldn’t work, he pleaded and said we should give it a shot. Long story short we celebrated our 3rd yr together this month. Not seen him in two years, miss the shit out of him but i remain loyal and i know he also is and he really loves me. Most people tell me here in the US that i should smell the coffee, that a long distance relationship would not work. so i stopped tellin people. Most of the adults tell me that if i had a boyfriend back in naija i should keep him. so i am following their advice. Honestly i know its gonna be a while till we see (at least after a finish college) but i would wait and by Gods grace it would work out. My advice to people about to travel out and have boyfriends back home, give it a shot, unless u were not in it for love in the first place. It might be difficult at first but God& love would see you through.

-My One kobo

48. asamekino

October 28, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Awwwwww so so sweet. HML Ella darl.

49. Silvia

October 28, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Hadassah very touching story…and also lovely shots..wishing you guys all the best.

50. Deejay

October 28, 2013 at 6:40 pm

This is MAGIC !!! Kudos to AkinTayoTimi & Bella for making such moments for the couple

51. dolchic

October 28, 2013 at 6:42 pm

@hadassah…i dont think he was the one for you! having dreams and going after them isn’t bad…why would he pray for you not to get your visa?

Abeg if he was yours, he would have waited

please don’t put him on a pedestal

you are 25, yours is in your future waiting

hugs

• Jarula

October 30, 2013 at 7:31 am

There’s nothing bad about not wanting the one you love far
      away from you. Waiting for someone is easier said than done. How
      long are you going to wait? How many are willing to wait?Sometimes
      people just settle for what is in front of them ..because well, it
      is THERE, in front of them.

52. ms sexy

October 28, 2013 at 6:44 pm

i wish them well
    they look cute together
    hadassah ur story is a sad one
    I pray u either get him back if he’s stl available or get a better man!

53. Ms iphie

October 28, 2013 at 6:45 pm

My babyyyy Ellalizo, dis is so sweet, with ur story, I still believe in ” Love”. I wish u all da best in dis beautiful marriage.

54. Chinny

October 28, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Their story is almost every lady’s wishes! God bless. U both. And. As for d pictures, I cnt get my eyes off dem! Dey r exquisite!!!

55. Raspberry

October 28, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Most touching love story I ever heard *sniffs*. Wishing you a blissful married life Ella darl

56. The Real Madam the Madam

October 28, 2013 at 7:00 pm

So freaking cute! I was cheesing throughout while reading the story. LOL. Y’all seem like a really fun couple and I wish you the absolute best of married life.

57. aunty

October 28, 2013 at 8:18 pm

cute!

58. Deejay

October 28, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I ve read their story again, lmao, the wife get mouth

59. lynda

October 28, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Am lovin this

60. Doyeen Solar

October 28, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Obinna Opara…welldone! Congrats to you lovebirds.

61. Oyindamola

October 28, 2013 at 11:23 pm

WOW! See “genuinity” in this Love Story, not the famzing
    ones that “Le Boo” proposed after treating her out to Burj al Arab
    in Dubai or CN Tower in Toronto before he proposed. Not that those
    ones are not good o, but just the modest yet beautiful proposal
    story is amazing! God bless You Folks. You look too cute
    together… And that Photographer.. You will go places!

62. Amaka

October 28, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Anyone’s advice will go a long way. My boyfriend and I have been dating for a while. Our story is just like Ella’s. He saw a picture of me in my friend’s bbm and continued to disturb her for months until she gave in. I met him and he was short lol. Him being short is not even the main issue, we are from 2 separate tribes and religions. He loves me more than life itself and I love him too. We get along so well and we totally understand one another., but I am afraid that once we get married our separate backgrounds will cause problems. Issues like what religion will our children practice, and conflict between each other as well. We have had a few arguments dealing with religion before, but we just overlook it and refrain from talking about it. I really need candid advice on what is the smart thing to do. We love each other so so much, but in this case is love enough?

• erica D

October 29, 2013 at 3:22 am

Hello Amaka, Although I love BN, I barely respond to the
      frequent posts (na laziness), but I really love your
      question/comment and decided to put my counseling cap on. I am glad
      that you overlooked his height cos many women seem to get it wrong
      by just judging a man by his looks. Good looks, 6 packs, 6 inches
      (as some will call it), fat bank account etc are not the pre
      requisite to a happy and fulfilling marriage. However, there are
      other factors such as mutual understanding, shared goals, dreams,
      aspirations etc that can make one happy and fulfilled in their
      marriage. Forget all the blings you see on wedding pictures and
      all, if two people do not have a common or shared ground, they will
      definitely drift apart over time. You mentioned that your boyfriend
      is from a different tribe and religion. If there are two things
      that are confined in us right from the time of our birth is our
      culture (tribe) and religion. However, there are so many inter
      tribal marriages now in Nigeria (which is a good thing), and that
      shows that when it comes to culture or tribe, people can be more
      flexible and willing to compromise. Personally, I believe religion
      is more stringent than culture. Religion is a belief in another
      authority higher than you and many religions have different higher
      authorities. Even in some cases where the higher authority is the
      same, the approach to the higher authority might vary. You need to
      define first what is important to you. If your religion is very
      important to you, compromising now may seem like the best thing to
      do but you may not be comfortable with it in the future. It is
      easier to both have the same spiritual platform and come from
      different tribes (example Tiv and Yoruba) than to come from same
      tribe and have different spiritual backgrounds. You want to know
      how strong religion is; look at the world today. Many of the
      activities around the world today are influenced by religion than
      culture or tribe. However, if your religion is not important to
      you, then my dear, you can proceed. So it is more based on your
      individual situation. I have seen cases where people from two
      different religions marry and live together for years. Now, i do
      not live with them so whatever I say about them is just based on my
      observation of the couple. They both practice separate religions
      and support one another when necessary. However, this caused
      division among the children. The ones that like daddy accompany him
      to his place of his worship and that became their religion. The
      ones that like mummy also practiced her religion. From the outside,
      it looked perfect, but when you look within, you sense the slight
      division. This family can not do morning devotion together as they
      pray differently. You need to assess what matters to you most now,
      and also think of how you will raise kids in ways that would not
      confuse them or divide them in the future. Whatever religion you
      belong to, I think you should still seek the face of your higher
      authority with regards to this. Just my two cents….

• Amaka

October 29, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Thank you so much Erica, your advice has really opened my
      eyes to so much. I am really hurting right now because I have
      decided to stay away from him for a while as I talk to God and see
      what he tells me. Just place me in your prayers that if we decide
      to go our separate ways one day a man that loves and adores me as
      much as he did will find me. :”'(

• Chika

October 29, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Wow Erica,

Although you reply was to Amaka, reading through your reply-note has opened my eyes even more. This has got to be the best note I ever read here! You didn’t just bless Amaka, you blessed Chika (me) too! THANK YOU, and I mean it – THANK YOU!

• Chika

October 29, 2013 at 1:53 pm

• Uche Eze

October 29, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I second (and third!) what Amaka and Chika said. Thanks for writing this. Currently “talking to” a very wonderful Muslim man and these issues have plagued me from the word go. Sigh

• Chica

October 30, 2013 at 5:22 am

God bless you Erica. You have further affirmed what I’ve been pondering about. God bless you. As for me i have decided not to start what i cannot finish

• ericaD

October 29, 2013 at 7:31 pm

I thank God that you found the response helpful….I pray we all make the right decisions with regards to a life partner. Amen

63. BevShine events

October 29, 2013 at 12:25 am

Lovelyyyyyyy when is the wedding. For your ushers, souvenirs and general planning call us at BevShine events.

64. BevShine events

October 29, 2013 at 12:28 am

Btw these pictures are giving me life!!!! Kudos akintayotimi

65. NNENNE

October 29, 2013 at 1:59 am

Best. That’s my wish for you guys.

66. Eve82

October 29, 2013 at 2:07 am

I love the wedding story! Super cute…and yes, the guy is short:) But height is not everything. I’m glad she gave him a chance. Good luck and best wishes to the couple!

67. DINA

October 29, 2013 at 3:10 am

please bella naija, can i get the photographer,
    akintayotimi’s contact?

BellaNaija Weddings

October 29, 2013 at 3:38 am

Hi,
      All photographer info is usually at the bottom of posts. Thanks
      Credits: AkinTayoTimi | Blog | Facebook | Twitter| Instagram | Email: tayo_dapo “at” yahoo.com

68. Oguoke Uche

October 29, 2013 at 5:40 am

Wow!!!! Luvly one. May God bless ur Union. Amen

69. Nona

October 29, 2013 at 7:31 am

Absolutely stunning. Love the color, love the genuineness. You can tell they are best friends in love. Beautiful! Can’t wait to see their wedding pictures.

70. J

October 29, 2013 at 8:43 am

Now that’s a man that knows what he wants!!! Beautiful couple!

71. merci

October 29, 2013 at 8:46 am

i must confess best pre wedding photos have seen so far! the pix look very realistic and believable. You dont have to go to expensive places to shoot a beautiful pix, this pix did justice.
    my fiance is short but very very very cute! so Ella welcome to the club! lol

72. Aderonke

October 29, 2013 at 8:52 am

Awwww I love the pictures….the “Oluya”-(Photographer) did well *winks*. Lovely story too …

73. Demmy

October 29, 2013 at 8:58 am

Aww they are so cute. Their story was very interesting and the pictures were beautiful. xx

74. Maxinze

October 29, 2013 at 9:18 am

making waves… beautiful pix… I trust you Obi.. 🙂

75. Candice

October 29, 2013 at 9:56 am

Awwwww!! lovely pics, beautiful couple. God bless your union Ella and Obi

76. Akin Adesola

October 29, 2013 at 10:38 am

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Congrats Ella darling. I’m more than happy for you. You will find happiness and bliss

77. ijescorner

October 29, 2013 at 12:05 pm

That was such a cute story…the bit about his height cracked me up! It seems the guys in Nigeria are more persistent. In a way that’s quite endearing. As for UK men if you make shakara once, twice, three times…then that’s your pot-luck!

ijescorner.tumblr.com/

78. AA

October 29, 2013 at 12:05 pm

for the lady that talked about different culture and religion, i have this to say to. culture; we can overlook and english becomes the lingu franca in your home. Religion is very powerful, infact too powerful!. This you need to consider carefully before you take the final step. Both of you will agree to and with anything now cos its just the two of you, once you are married it becomes two families and external influence will come to play. the greatest tool that devil is using against mankind today in my own opinion is religion and as the other person that comment said what happens to devotion in your home? A house divided against itself cannot stand!

79. feza

October 29, 2013 at 12:10 pm

dis is [email protected] bellanaija, me likey!!!!

80. smooth

October 29, 2013 at 12:12 pm

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love every bit…. hml to d both of u

81. millionairess

October 29, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Me I want this type of man ooo……one who knows what he wants and goes for it. Lol….. God bless you both.

82. ELLA 2

October 29, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Well for people thinking there meeting and proposal was too early, wait until you hear my story. I saw my hubby for the 1st time at my 25th birthday party in March 2010. He was invited by a friend. And we didn’t see again until Dec 2010, though he had told my friend how attractive I was to him and he almost got life out of the poor lady o for some reasons, we just didn’t see each others (NA ME CAUSE AM SHA). So she was forced to invite him again for my sister’s traditional marriage in Dec 2010 where I saw him for the second time. He met every member of my family and just fell in love especially with my mum who is now late (RIP Mum). Sharp Sharp he walked up to my mum, introduced himself and just told mum that he wanted to marry me and I’ve avoided him for too long and he couldnt take it again. And forward match to Jan. 2011 we did our family introduction (OOPsss). Feb. 2011 he proposed in the most romantic way that still lingers in my memory and forward match Aug 2011 we got married. Here we are after 2 years of bliss and happiness. Like we tell people, we dont see ours as that formal marriage setting, rather we see it as a union of dating, courtship and friendship. ELLA knows my hubby and she can testify to my testimony. Miss Thores E. Jnr go on jor. Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the friendship forever. kissesssssssssssss

83. Chika

October 29, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Wow Erica,

84. Leah

October 29, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Gorgeous Couple!

85. MoD

October 29, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Choi!!!!! Jan to June of the same year!!! God do my own oh

86. what a cute story. the guys should have told her her has something else planned for the both of them.. lol
    cute pictures

87. Oma

October 29, 2013 at 9:33 pm

my friendie Ella!! congrats luv…wow pictures me likey.. counting down..

88. moj

October 29, 2013 at 9:54 pm

So cute my beautiful friend Ella…Congrats dear

89. jumy

October 29, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I met my hubby april, did our introductn May, got married sept. Love is all dat matter

90. Tunmise

October 29, 2013 at 11:46 pm

omoh! the guy is fine…kilode!!

91. Bliss berry

October 30, 2013 at 12:24 am

Wow! Wow! Wow!dis is lovely. Am dating a short guy currently nd we are moving perfectly well

92. Chion

October 30, 2013 at 8:49 am

Wow! Cute couple, una kids no be here o….(smiling mischievously) Marital bliss Ella & Obi

93. Makybrown butterliza

October 30, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Short of words

94. buks

October 31, 2013 at 10:52 am

Beautiful couples

95. happychick

November 1, 2013 at 5:58 pm

am so luving dis pictures! nice proposal too tho it culd have happened better and yes I almost culd have spanked you babe#winks#….but overall I luv u both, I like guys dat know what they want too, they see the babe they want and dey propose shaperly#naughtygrin#

96. annybeke

November 6, 2013 at 10:39 am

i just looooove their story…. Ella is so humorous and frank!!!….. this is the realest(ish) STORY ever!! Lovely pixs too.

97. Dekki

December 12, 2013 at 11:43 am

What else can i say? I know Obinna very well. A young, Intelligent and cool-headed gentleman with great family background. Happy for you both. Enjoy ur marriage to the fullest.

98. Amaka

December 20, 2013 at 11:21 am

@Hadassah, your story touched me…
    I also said no because I just started my masters in the States but I’m going home for Xmas to say yes to my man!