News

“Did I Say I Wanted My Wedding To Be Affordable?” | Watch Another Funny Skit from the Video Hit Show “Dolapo Oni Is Bridezilla”

Onos

Dolapo Oni Yomi Black VHS - December 2013 - BellaNaijaThe Video Hit Show‘s skit with Reanne Opia was one of the most watched YouTube videos in Nigeria in 2013. So, just before we call 2013 a wrap, they decided to entertain us once again with “Dolapo Oni Is Bridezilla”.

As the name implies, this one features a very furious Dolapo Oni… check out what she gets up to. It also features Liz John Black and Dusten Truce.

Check on it!

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them.Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. naana

December 19, 2013 at 10:46 am

“planning my wedding in faith”with all this kind of wahala? i wonder what she’ll do when the guy proposes. girls ABRE(HAVE SUFFERED).
    met a guy ONLY a day before and u r already planning a wedding. haba
    wat some girls will do to carry the Mrs. title.

• Blossom

December 19, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I’M SORRY BUT THIS IS TERRIBLE! MY GOODNESS! WHAT IS THIS?

2. Endo

December 19, 2013 at 10:49 am

This is hilarious!! The accent changing when emotional phrase is so true! Can’t believe she only met him the day before and she’s already planning the wedding “in faith “. Brilliant

Pls share your endometriosis stories @ endochallenges.wordpress.com. Let’s beat endo together !

3. lulu

December 19, 2013 at 10:53 am

Ahhhh…@planning wedding in faith…smh

4. mii

December 19, 2013 at 11:02 am

buhaaahhhaaaaaaaaa!!!! FAITH workssss!!!!!!!

5. THEISOKOGIRL

December 19, 2013 at 11:03 am

“GOLD AND LILAC, lilac lie lie “

6. pearl

December 19, 2013 at 11:08 am

as in ehhhh…planning wedding in faith! lol… dolapo’s acting was good…nice, i enjoyed watching it….

7. damsel

December 19, 2013 at 11:10 am

Very funny,Dolapo is a very good actress.

8. natty

December 19, 2013 at 11:11 am

Chai!!! seee faith!

9. joe

December 19, 2013 at 11:13 am

its really not funny…….really dry

10. Aibee

December 19, 2013 at 11:16 am

Lol! Planning my wedding in faith …. I guess some of us do that. I know I have a notebook of ideas and a folder of pictures on my laptop. But to actually go and book a planner and pick out a dress? Now that’s a lot more faith than any human should have.

11. ifeoluwa

December 19, 2013 at 11:42 am

dolapo is such a beau …..love her die acting on point believable …….. hollywood pay attention

12. Lilly

December 19, 2013 at 11:44 am

LOL. Planning wedding in faith. But come to think of it, as ladies we all have at least an idea of what we would want our wedding to look like, the colours, the dress e.t.c especially if u are a fan of Bella naija weddings and it is only faith that will make that dream come true.

13. Deedee

December 19, 2013 at 11:58 am

Lmao, planning a wedding in faith, that’s hilarious, Dolapo’s a good actress, will love to see her on the big screens

14. mary

December 19, 2013 at 12:04 pm

lol the did I want my weddin to be affordable ” part got me rolling mehn,..lmao

15. Que

December 19, 2013 at 1:06 pm

O myyy… I cant even be Bridely, cos on hearing that last bit after all her toturing me, I’ll happily pull her out of my dress den toss her out of my office! Kai! I’m pained!

16. faith

December 19, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Woah!!!!! surprisingly excellent acting from the ladies. I am so proud of them. Not over the top yet very very good. This was brilliant I must say

17. naana

December 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm

this is wat i call FAITH WITH WORK.

18. Posh

December 19, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I believe this is bad marketing strategy for BRIDELY because the whole things makes the company look incompetent. Its top of the mind placement they have done with this video, and the next time you see or hear of Bridely first thing that comes to your mind will be this video. Sadly Bridely is owned by Lizzy who is Yomi’s wife.

• Ade

December 19, 2013 at 2:42 pm

The video is ok, I think it shows the lady as a BRIDEZILLA (which i believe is how most brides-to-be are), I don’t think it makes the company look incompetent.

• Me

December 19, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I dnt tink so. I tink we all know that Dolapo was just overbearing and even at that, they still managed her well.

• randommer

December 19, 2013 at 3:02 pm

yeah, its extremely bad marketing – damn. the angle should be no matter how much of a bridezilla you are, BRIDELY will take care of you!

19. Fola

December 19, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Wow!! Dolapo is such a great actress….and Liz is such a doll.
    Its official I love Dolapo Oni

20. Gbenga

December 19, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Why are people suprised at Dolapo’s a acting skills. That was her background in the UK before she came back to Nigeria. And she also featured in Wole Oguntokun’s adaptation of Ntosake Shange’s ‘For Colored Girls’

21. omada

December 19, 2013 at 6:40 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOL. Too funny… “i’m getting emotional, my accent has changed sef”.

22. nollare

December 19, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Dolapo is a fantastic actress. I am sorry but Liz is not an
    actress. Her acting was not believable especially in the first
    scene. Dolapo nailed it though. The story ended rather abruptly
    tho

23. sigh

December 19, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Great job Dolapo!! Gorgeous girl too

24. Ima

December 23, 2013 at 6:28 pm

The bridezilla is completely exhausting. Quite interesting
    and funny at times. I like the piece. Accent changing was …
    Hopefully there aren’t nasties out there in the form of people..
    good job Dolapo

25. Ozzy O

March 2, 2014 at 3:55 pm

It’s supposed to be something for you to laugh at not criticize…a couple of punchlines here and there. So laugh and stop being critical. It’s not a marketing strategy, by the way…and oh, it’s hilarious…