News

Melvin Oduah: “I Just Love to Look at Genevieve Nnaji…She Inspires Me” | BBA Star on Love & Crushes

BellaNaija.com

Melvin Oduah & Genevieve Nnaji - December 2013 - BellaNaija

There’s just something about Genevieve Nnaji, that Melvin Oduah can’t get enough of.

The Big Brother Africa: The Chase housemate recently had a chat with the Punch about his style, his time at the BBA house and his inspiration.

When asked about his celebrity crush, Melvin who reveals that he is very much single says “My crush in Nollywood is Genevieve Nnaji.”

He goes on to say “She inspires me a lot. I always want to look at her facial expression anytime I am watching her movies and the way she acts inspires me a lot. Outside, I have Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian, Nicki Minaj and many others.”.

Aww…how sweet.

Read more excerpts from the interview;
On first impressions about him that are wrong: “Some people think I am a snob.”

On his 91-day stay at the BBA house: “It was not easy at all being there for 91 days. But it was a wonderful experience. It had positive impact on all of us. We learned to live with people of different temperament from different countries and backgrounds. We got to tolerate and endure each other because of the rule that said one was never to allow oneself to be provoked. It was a very wonderful experience and I don’t regret going for it.”

On not kissing anyone in the BBA house: “I did kiss in the house. We played some games in the house where we had to chase women. However, I did not fall in love. People that fell in love were not many. You are making it sound as if I was the only one who did not fall in love. We had just about five couples in the entire season and it does not mean that because they were couples, everybody must be couples. It is different strokes for different people and I am just one of those people that did not just fall in love in the house.”

On if he was in love with someone outside the house: “No. I am single, I don’t have a relationship. It is not that the girls were not hot. A lot of the girls in the house were decent. I loved the personality of many of them but you know these things. I am not one of those people who would just jump into a relationship. I take my time to observe first.”

To read the full interview, click here

1. chinedu arinze

December 30, 2013 at 6:48 am

Na only genevieve be actrees,everybody have a crush on,maybe there is more to that.

• nene

December 30, 2013 at 12:35 pm

who else will they crush on if not genevieve? she comports herself well in public, she minds her business, and she looks good. she has also excelled in her professional life against all odds (people said she was too dark, not pretty enough, too short,etc). i’m not a genevieve fan, but i have to say the truth,

2. Shorthairdontcare

December 30, 2013 at 8:05 am

Boring

3. Thelma

December 30, 2013 at 8:35 am

Melvin you can’t be single nau. With the many hot chics in this Lagos, especially in this month of December? You’re dulling seriously o!
    I could have sworn he had the hots for Delish in the house.

4. Chum chum

December 30, 2013 at 8:42 am

Awwwwww dear Melvin, what u said about Genny is so true, even me as a woman does dat too. That girl is too much.

5. Leila

December 30, 2013 at 7:05 pm

My celeb crush is Beverly Naya. I just can’t stop stirring at how amazing her skin is, always glowing. Black is truly beautiful hope she won’t join these trend of bleachville Inc ladies

6. Angel

December 31, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Kini big deal with Genevieve? Don’t really see what y’all see and am not hating…

7. Huraira

December 31, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Yes is true she is so luvly

8. Mama Mia!!!

December 31, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Those who cant see what the gentleman sees in Genevieve gas
    to wake up and smell the coffee. The Lady is a trendsetter!!!
    Toolz, you guys need to tell your people to tell her people that we
    want her seated on your couch for an interview. probably, you
    doubting ”thomases” will see what we are talking about. Gene of
    life!!!