News

My Style: Amba Agi

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014051Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak” – Amba Agi

My Style is one of our favourite features on the BN Style page, and judging from the responses it gathers, I can safely say, it has our readers interested. To be featured in My Style simply send an e-mail to [email protected] with a brief description of your style and 2 photos showing your style- a day & night look. After your email has been received you would be required to send in more photos later on.

BellaNaija reader Amba Agi is our My Style focus for this edition and she is a beautiful 4th year International Relations and Developmental Studies student at the University of Windsor, Canada. She loves to write and read online, listen to music and sing (whenever she gets the chance).

Her interest in style started as she grew over the years and then she started her fashion & style blog – www.Sh3is.com.

Amba describes her style as trendy and versatile so keep scrolling to see more of her style, where she likes to shop and who inspired her style philosophy.

Where Style Meets Personality
I am pretty versatile, and my style is one of the many ways I showcase that aspect of my life. I love trends but I try to make them my own. As I grow and change, my style develops with me as well. I love to play with colors, and I am a huge fan of shoes and blazers.

Where I Shop Till I Drop
I love to shop at Zara, Asos, H&M, Guess (esp. by Marciano), and Bebe. They are true to their sizes and they always have dapper collections in my opinion.

I am always shopping for shoes, blazers and dresses. The rest come after.

My Tresses
I love to try different hairstyles but my ‘go to’ hairstyle would be a super long middle or side part.

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014009My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014026

My Makeup Look

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014021My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014043

Feet & Shoes

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014013 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014025 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014030My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014001 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014004 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014018

How I Accessorize

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014016 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014002 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014014 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014024

On A Regular Day
My regular day look can go from a pair of jeans and a colorful top to a dress with heels; depending on the season and my mood.

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014005 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014006 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014023 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014027My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014017

Bag Life

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014005 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014004My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014003My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014042

Getting My ‘Working Class Girl’ On
I do not have a day job yet, so I dress up to school most times. I don’t get to dress up as much as I would want to when it comes to my work look.

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014035 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014040 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014039 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014028My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014029

I Own the Night
I normally go for a dress, very high heels, and statement accessories.

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014041My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014045 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014001My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014003My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014011 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014012 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014010 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014015My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014032

I Think Every Girl Should Have
A black blazer, black pumps, sunglasses and rings.

My Advice for Other Stylistas
It is not compulsory that you get it right at once, and you must not love every fashion piece out there. But it is important to crave perfection in whatever it is that you do. Style is a gradual process at least for me as a work in progress. Your style exudes who you are.

For people who love trends, it is important to be careful about them. Follow them if you can, but still dress according to your body type and the image you want to create for yourself. Your style is what you want it to be.

3 Times the Charm

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014034 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014036 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014038 My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014037

If I Could Steal A Celebrity’s Wardrobe
I would love to have Victoria Beckham and Nina Nguyen’s Wardrobe. Yes I want both :D. They always look gorgeous and stylish, and they make it look so easy.

Which Celebrity Stole My Look
I would say that I want my style to resemble Genevieve Nnaji’s. I love how she is always well dressed, displays so much class and still so versatile. I love the gorgeous Eku Edewor and Stella of Jadore Fashion as well.

My Style Philosophy
I saw this quote online by Rachel Zoe a while ago and I believe it stuck. “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak“. I believe style shows dexterity and it is an art. When I dress up I think about that and I try as much as possible to be meticulous about what I present to the world.

My Style Amba Agi - BellaNaija - March2014011

Thank you to Amba for sharing her amazing style with us. To find out more on her style, you can find her on www.sh3Is.com | Follow her on Instagram: (Personal) @Sh3_Is_; (Blog) @Sh3Isdotcom

***
Don’t forget to Follow BN Style on our Social media: Twitter: @bellanaijastyle | Instagram:@bellanaijastyle for all your fashion scoop and special features.
If you are interested in appearing on My Style, simply send two pictures of yourself or that of a friend depicting a typical day and night look with a short summary of your style to style(at)bellanaija(dot)com. When your entry is approved, you will be required to send in more pictures and personal commentaries on your style or that of your friend as the case may be!

1. Meanwhile...

March 10, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Naaaaaaah mate. Outfits aren’t cohesive. No stand out pieces or looks. Can’t identify her style sef. But I really like the photo of her in front of the church. Score: 6/10.
    P.S. Y’all really need to do a feature on Shirley B. Eniang’s style like yesterday

• Bleed Blue

March 10, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Oh Shirley B. That gurrrrl can do no wrong!!!

• wendy

March 10, 2014 at 2:22 pm

lol… love her too…

• baby

March 10, 2014 at 4:06 pm

instead of looking for Shirley, why don’t you send your pictures in with your “cohesive” style hmm ? This is HER style..hence the topic “my style”..pls go get something to drink and have a nice monday. cheers .

• baby

March 11, 2014 at 10:38 am

impostor! get an identity pulezzzzzzz

2. Madame Solange

March 10, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Haba Meanwhile, you harsh o lol!
    Style is Younique to the wearer and i do not think she is bad, i think her style is cool. an she can be qualified as stylish so i score her 7/10

3. i no send

March 10, 2014 at 12:58 pm

i agree

4. ladyc

March 10, 2014 at 1:00 pm

nothing out of the ordinary.

5. billionaire in grace

March 10, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Not too bad.its just a big OK.the best is jadore-fashion.com

• nanciejul

August 12, 2014 at 9:57 am

I love Jadore-Fashion, her style is classy and elegant.

6. no heart to hate

March 10, 2014 at 1:08 pm

It’s been a-while

7. www.LapesBeautifulCreature.blogspot.com

March 10, 2014 at 1:16 pm

she has some nice shoes

• wendy

March 10, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Where are the shoes? i most have missed something. Looks like shoes from Jamaica Avnue

• Bide

March 10, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Lmao… Haba

• toluh

March 10, 2014 at 7:53 pm

show us your own abeg

• beeeee

March 11, 2014 at 1:55 am

you nailed it, I thought they were rainbow shoes for a moment till I went back to read Canada at the top. Jamaica ave for real.

8. Anon

March 10, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I salute her bravery. That’s all.

9. naana

March 10, 2014 at 1:20 pm

love ur style.

10. anona

March 10, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Am sorry but, this is just not ‘it’.

11. MoD

March 10, 2014 at 1:30 pm

I was expecting at least one winter look considering she’s in Canada…. 🙁

• Tim'tim

March 12, 2014 at 10:06 am

Pls shift abeg ITK. Spring is already round d corner. U r in d village u forming abroad….Mchewww!!!

12. TheTruth13

March 10, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I don’t know why they never do this ‘my style’ in Nigeria. It’s not only Yankee and Jand babes that can dress.

• moi

March 11, 2014 at 7:36 am

becuase u people dont have time to take pictures and write
      Na only to criticize pple una know

• Tim'tim

March 12, 2014 at 10:08 am

Who is this one? Is it a bad idea to come out and show urself? Obviously not everyone will like ur style and so critics are going to come in buh hey u deal with it.

13. Berry Dakara

March 10, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I like her style. She’s cute.

14. stefini

March 10, 2014 at 1:52 pm

all i can say is she’s my kinda girl when it comes to shoes,not too high and wedgy “winks

15. kemi

March 10, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I like her style O especially her accessories Will have to bookmark dis one

16. Dr. N

March 10, 2014 at 3:16 pm

What I love is that she looks great without showing d unmentionables. Definitely encouraging the skinnies. Don’t flaunt it all……keep them guessing. Lol. drnsmusings.wordpress.com

17. NaijaPikin

March 10, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Not a fan of this style. A big no to her shoes.

18. ItsIfe

March 10, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Can you guys Stfu!! I’m sure most of you here have no fashion sense. You cannot put colours together to save your life and you’re here talking shit about her.
    Please her dress sense is 100% and her style speaks volume

• OliviaNope

March 10, 2014 at 6:28 pm

you don’t have to tell ppl to stfu they are just giving their opinions. TBH there is nothing unique or jaw dropping about her pieces . If you know her personally why not advice her to put in more effort because I have seen better features on bellanaija with unique styles and taste. Just my two cents.

• Tim'tim

March 12, 2014 at 10:13 am

Buh really olivia pple need to STFU….. It states ‘MY STYLE’ u either like or not and even if u going to criticize, take it easy on her. So many ladies can’t put colors together and can dress up buh here is even a tip for beginners like them criticizing her. Yet they go behind the computer and drop comments with their cursed fingers. Not nice please.

19. Mrs Nwosu

March 10, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Love this, i like it well put together too

20. merci

March 10, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Hmmmmhhmm, not feeling the style jare! Sum of her shoes looks funny on her. Pretty girl for sure

21. Kathryn Cage

March 10, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Look like shoes and bags you pick up at Primark, yes I said so. Bella respect yourself and stop sending in anything

• Tim'tim

March 12, 2014 at 10:17 am

Big deal shopping at Primark? Na wetin dey kill 9ja girls be this. Forming what u r not. Tell me u don’t wear primark things or uve never. I know ur type na una dey sleep for primark pass. Better swallow ur smelling ego and wear what u have before u go and steal and get disgraced all cos u wanna meet up to standard.

22. Me

March 10, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Wendy, just learn to appreciate. Stop being so mean. Where ever the shoes are from, they belong to her and it’s her style. Nice

23. Zee

March 10, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Her style shows that you don’t need to wear big labels – louboutin, chanel, dior, prada etc. like other ladies do to be stylish.
    If you look at most people that are claimed to be “stylish” they always have one big brand name on them.

You can be stylish for less.

• smh

March 12, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I like this comment my sentiments exactly!

24. Noni

March 10, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Meh. I definitely won’t say she dresses badly but like most people have said it’s very very average and definitely not someone who I would notice on the street or admire if I knew her. Props for trying though.

25. michelle

March 11, 2014 at 5:34 am

She is a young college student , you guys need to leave her alone. The fact that she is not wearing labels does not mean she has no style. It is HER style and she happens to pull it off beautifully. Pls stop making Stella of jadore-fashion the bench mark for everybody else. Stella has her own style and Amba has her own style.

Oh and by the way Stella works, so she can afford to buy all the labels she wants. Amba already said she doesn’t work, but she still worked the heck out of what she can afford. You go gurl, keep it up.

26. ao

March 11, 2014 at 7:05 am

So cute. Pretty girl. She clearly has a sense of style without having to rock brand names. You go girl!

27. smh

March 11, 2014 at 7:15 am

Sorry to be harsh by why is everyone yapping on about jadore fashion? There is NOTHING ground breaking about that girls style and the only supposed wow factor is that she has the odd designer label here and there, sorry but jadore fashion is FAR from facially appealing in fact she is painful to look at so i find it hard to even look st her blog, cos she just aint cute, I am NOT a hater oh! Before the stella voltrons jump on my case. The young lady here is doing style on a budget kudos to that jare!

It’s all this I gots to belong by fire or by force that lures young ladies in this country in doing unspeakable things just to keep up with the bellanaija and instagram joneses, Abeg her style is fine and she tried, just my 2 pennies!

If you don’t agree kindly feel free to just skip this comment!

Thanks xx

• Ada Nnewi

March 11, 2014 at 9:51 am

You just hit the nail on the head..till some clowns on here see balenciaga ati manolo blahnik they will see anything stylish in it…You people will see something incredibly FUGLY on the runway and be oohing and ahhing when deep down you know it looks like crap…God will deliver you all from the “Emperor’s New Clothes” syndrome…SMH!

• L'afrique

March 11, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Oh mann…@smh…did you have to go as far as saying Stella is painful to look at? May God keep your own beautiful face intact so you never have to remember this day you used such words to describe one of His creations. Amen.

• smh

March 12, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Amen! Thanks for the wonderful prayer gosh darn it aren’t you kind? rme

• nanciejul

August 12, 2014 at 10:01 am

Dear smh, style has noting to do with your facial features. Take a lot at the runway models…

28. missappleberry

March 11, 2014 at 8:11 am

Lol. if this girl has style, that means m victoria beckham. yawn!

29. Omo

March 11, 2014 at 9:43 am

First off, @smh, calling someone “painful to look at” is a terrible thing to say. I’m sure you are far from pretty yourself!
    Now to amba, she is a cute girl, she looks nice but her style is average. Going through the pictures, i was thinking that she’d look so much nicer with a pixie cut- the weaves overwhelm her dainty features.

• Tim'tim

March 12, 2014 at 10:25 am

R u minding the smelling set of ‘THINGS’ criticizing? Yes i call u all THINGS. Cheap, dirty, ugly, looking set of THINGS. Continue with ur hateful attitude and see how it will ruin u all. RUBBISH THINGS.

And bella pls post all my comments am sure u all r seeing the hateful comments they r dropping for the poor girl who innocently sent her pictures to u guys. The same way she’s receiving critics is the same way she should see pple who aren’t against her…. Thanks

30. Stephanie

March 11, 2014 at 10:01 am

She looks flawless, but am not sure am crazy about her style like dt sha
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

31. Tish

March 11, 2014 at 10:41 am

Mehn! Lots of people on here are wayyyyy too mean. Why must her style be out of the ordinary? Is she a celeb? Nope! She’s just a student. Y’all all need to go easy on the negative criticism.

I think she looks young and pretty and I like her style…it suits her plus its very decent.

• Tim'tim

March 12, 2014 at 10:28 am

R u minding them. Most of them will go into the mall and buy them labelled brands on credit card and then be drinking garri on how they will pay back buh yet the come here bad mouthing a girl who is wearing and showing what she/they can also afford for learners like them….SMH

32. seensay

March 11, 2014 at 12:00 pm

OMG!!! I was thinking of emailing my pics too,but from all dis commentary if i dare try …..super sure the next thing you all hear is my Obituary!!!…Kilode !!! WOMEN EMBRACE WOMEN fOr once BIKO!!!

• Tim'tim

March 12, 2014 at 10:31 am

Hey Hun! If u think of what pple would say trust me u wont move forward cos its normal for abnormal pple to hate so do whatever pleases u and be happy….. Its life babe…. Bless

33. Shona

March 11, 2014 at 12:16 pm

I kinda like..Would like Nigerians to feature more.

34. Modella

March 11, 2014 at 1:00 pm

How did I miss this? #sobe# she is a perfectionist..Omg..simple but chic! Black is beauty..This is what we should have as Miss Nigeria etc..Screaminggggg

35. smh

March 11, 2014 at 3:00 pm

@ OMO boo don’t come for me! I expressed my opinion you don’t have to agree with it! Actually I am very pretty as it goes! I get compliments all the time! ITS GLARINGLY OBVIOUS YOU CANNOT READ! BECAUSE I CLEARLY STATED I WAS NOT HATING MERELY STATING AN OPINION AN THOSE WHO DO NOT AGREE SHOULD JUST PASS OVER MY COMMENT OBVIOUSLY THAT WENT OVER YOUYR HEAD!

That is the price bloggers pay for putting themselves out there to be dissected so please get over your self and DON’T BOTHER REPLYING TO ME AGAIN!

P.S. I’m sure you yourself are an oil painting kmft! Nonsense!

36. CarliforniaBawlar

March 11, 2014 at 3:42 pm

If this girl was a student at any of the colleges i attended, i would have noticed that she is stylish and pretty. I think we tend to want aggrandize things just ‘cos its on the internet. Just be truthful, if this babe said hello to you in any of those outfits would you not tell her she looked good? This of cos is assuming you’re not a hater in real life situations too sha…..

37. smh

March 11, 2014 at 3:54 pm

@ OMO boo don’t come for me! I expressed my opinion you don’t have to agree with it! Actually I am very pretty as it goes! I get compliments all the time! ITS GLARINGLY Obvious you cannot read! Because I CLEARLY stated I was not ‘hating’ rather merely stating an OPINION and those who disagree should just skip my comment, OBVIOUSLY that went over your head!

P.S. I’m sure you yourself are an oil painting kmft! Nonsense!

• Tim'tim

March 12, 2014 at 10:37 am

You are an OBVIOUS HATER. Lol saying u are pretty has just proven u are really an ugly creature. Ok show urself and send ur pictures to Bella. If you don’t have money to buy all these doesn’t mean u wont get there someday. If u ever think why good things don’t come ur way is cos of ur jealousy attitude and hating behavior. But as soon as u free ur mind from those u will be fine.Buh till then keep hiding behind the comps to phew s**t.

38. Mocha

March 11, 2014 at 4:31 pm

It’s not hating to say that her ‘style’ is not immediately identifiable. She dresses nice like many other young girls but her style is not distinctive…it’s just keeping with the trends. We need to understand that we talk about the word ‘style’, we refer to a unique mode of dressing/carriage that is easily identifiable with a particular individual. Trendy is not necessarily Stylish.

• Tim'tim

March 12, 2014 at 10:40 am

That is why she said ‘MY STYLE’ shebi u sabi read english na my sister?! Hers is diff from urs. If u aren’t going rock all of these oh well she has just done. At least u even get better mouth small pass all these winches. Thanks

39. smh

March 12, 2014 at 3:48 pm

LMAO @ THIS TIM TIM TROLL! Cos from a few words on the keyboard you know me ok! Internet REALLY does make some people believe its reality! Sorry oh stella voltron if i offended you IT’S my OPINION AND I stand by it! Now TWIRL yourself outta hear!

• Tim'tim

March 13, 2014 at 3:39 am

Yes am her voltron and whether u stand on your opinion or not, the truth is what she as put up of her self. Accept it or MECHONU. I don’t know u and don’t wanna know your likes, as a matter of fact i so careless about your type buh live and let others live. Stop the hate quickly it kills faster than u think.

40. makiblue

April 15, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Would it be weird if i say my fave look is the super casual one where she wore an army print jacket? The rest just seemed to me like she’s growing up to fast.