News

“I Never Dated Flavour”! Beverly Naya’s Hot New Shoot + 9 Fun Questions

Beverly Naya's New Photoshoot - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 026

It’s Beverly Naya.

The Nollywood starlet has unveiled her fun, sexy and hot new photoshoot today on her birthday. She is 25.

In a couple of stills shot by Tobbie Maguire, Beverly rocks a floral shirt and white skirt, she later shows off her cool edge rocking ripped jeans and a black leather skirt.

She also strips down to her chiffon bra and sash while posing on the beach.

BN also asked her a few fun questions to go with the shoot.
Enjoy!

BN Questions
Relationship
You seem to keep your relationship out of the public eye, is there a leading man in your life?
“I have always been a relatively private person, if you put everything out there then you have nothing to cherish. I’m not in a relationship at the moment but I’m dating, the right guy will come along when it’s time.”

Do you see yourself dating anyone in the industry?
“As much as I would prefer to date a man who is not in the entertainment industry, you can’t really help who you fall in love with. If I found the right guy who happened to be in the entertainment industry then I would date him, however I would keep my relationship as private as possible.”

What is the most ridiculous rumour you’ve heard about yourself?
“Probably the rumour that suggested I was dating Flavour. It was ridiculous because I have never even met him before. Funny stuff!”

Style & Body
How do you keep fit?
“These days, I don’t even have the time to exercise so I guess I just stay busy and try to eat healthy balanced meals as well as drink lots of water.”

Your Style in 5 Words
“Sexy, classy, unpredictable, mysterious, flirty.”

You are known as a sex symbol, what is your definition of “sexy”?
“Sex symbol? Really? Wow! I guess it’s an art to be sexy with clothes on. My idea of sexy is the ability to be aware of your sexuality without being trashy or offensive in the process.

Career
Talk briefly about your new role in B430?
“B430 follows the love life of four friends who aim to be married before they are thirty. It’s a funny, thrilling and exciting series that most women can relate to.

What I love most about B430 is how undeniably fantastic the script is, I also love the bond and chemistry between the girls and I. We started off as strangers to one another and we have now blossomed into good friends on and off screen.”

Who is your dream leading man in a movie?
“For admirable talent and box office ratings, I would say Denzel Washington, Leonardo DiCaprio or Will Smith. For the opportunity to act with my ultimate crush, I would choose Lance Gross (only if it’s a romantic film).

If you were not an actress, what would your dream occupation be?
“I used to study psychology when I was younger and I was pretty passionate about the subject. Who knows, I probably would have ended up as a psychologist, if not then probably a music video director or a film maker.”

Beverly Naya's New Photoshoot - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 024Beverly Naya's New Photoshoot - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 025 Beverly Naya's New Photoshoot - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 021 Beverly Naya's New Photoshoot - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 022 Beverly Naya's New Photoshoot - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 023 Beverly Naya's New Photoshoot - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 027 Beverly Naya's New Photoshoot - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 028

You can follow her on twitter.com/beverlynaya and instagram.com/beverlynaya

Photography: Tobbie Maguire for TCD Photography
Stylist: Unique James
Make-up: Tayo Oshodi
Hair: Ola
PR: Ifan Ifeanyi Michael for Think PR | @thinkifan

1. Robin Hood

April 17, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Now this is what i call a chic. My kind of physical specs for my ideal lady. also open minded and liberal. Ladies if you met the above specs or better hook up on bbm;my pin is 27AF7E2F. You never can tell where it could end. lol (i’m serious)

• BABY

April 18, 2014 at 1:53 pm

SMOKING HAWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Iris

April 18, 2014 at 5:22 pm

But…but… give us your own “physical specs” na. What if we meet your expectations, get excited and add you on bbm…and you’re not all we thought you’d be?

• onye Ara

April 19, 2014 at 7:37 am

Don’t mind the clown. He probably has pot belly and a rapidly receding hair line.

• Eve82

April 19, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I love my BN family! Y’all know how to cut down to the chase. I hope you are bringing something to the table Robinhood. Oya for those of you who own a blackberry, ping him and keep us posted!

2. Aunty Amebo

April 17, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Ha ha ha! What a joker.#thirsty
    Beverly, you so funny. First of all, nice shoot.
    As a fellow actress who you met in the biz, I know your gist. You are so fake. Really you just had to include the Flavour part. Where’s the reference. Google is my friend, but I haven’t found anything stating that you were linked to him.
    Tobbie you fall your own hand, Beverly, really?
    Before people label me hater, happy birthday.

P.S Drop the fake British accent, “nobori” cares!

• Ada Nnewi

April 17, 2014 at 2:29 pm

HATER!!!!

• riri

April 17, 2014 at 3:19 pm

you are not RELEVANT and that is why you did not use your real name. if you are gon call her out like that..let us know who you are..if you are truly an actress.. hating is what you have just done.. badbelle.com

• Meee

April 19, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Your Hate is so revolting. Please take several seats somewhere!

3. eve

April 17, 2014 at 1:56 pm

waouh too pretty and unique in her style

4. mrs chidukane

April 17, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Sex symbol kwa?Mr interviewer Abeg park well biko.Fine gyal btw

5. Lamideeee

April 17, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Nice pictures, but i personally don’t think Beverly is a good actress….

6. riri

April 17, 2014 at 2:29 pm

girls we just cant hate on this chick even if we wanted too for no reason lol.. she got a chocolate smooth caramel brown hersheys kiss skin, and a beautiful toned figure along with that lovely accent!! bevy naya is stunning!!! #EnoughSaid

• Err.... Cara-what?

April 17, 2014 at 3:05 pm

All I see is enhancements by photoshop.. Photos can be deceptive. Not hating, just saying.

• riri

April 17, 2014 at 3:23 pm

its not just the pictures. even on screen you can clearly see she is a very beautiful lady.. even without the photoshop..the babe is fresh ..and besides she is one of the few actress that is humble and nice to her supporters. this lady has replied to all my messages on fb and twitter .. she didnt have too but she did and she always stays positive..despite what yall hear about her.. she is a very sweet person and i cant hate on that! BEVERLY NAYA KEEP DOING YOU!! May God continue to bless u and keep u my sista!! more success for you!! AMEN!

• Frenemy

April 18, 2014 at 10:27 pm

@riri, you are obviously a fan. She does everything for her career. You think she doesnt know you are the ones that make her relevant. She’s not an idiot. She’s really NOT that nice.

7. Yaya fan

April 17, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Woah @auntyamebo you are an actress and this is how you talk to a fellow actress? Lol…this una nollywood na wa o, always wonder how you guys cope. The bad belle plenty for that your message sha. God bless you Naya, ride on. You’re great

8. ll

April 17, 2014 at 2:48 pm

do more acting than photo shoots…so some relevance is attached to seeing you every where.

• mimi

April 17, 2014 at 4:19 pm

You mean ACTING CLASSES AND COACHING – not just acting. One needs to be taught how before they torture our eyes on screen with their lukewarm acting

Advice to all aspiring actresses living in UK or USA who wants to venture into NOLLYWOOD, dont ever think your slangs will make you win. When we the audience are watching movie we want to see real acting – not slangs – if i want to hear slangs i will simply go buy a hollywood black cast movie. I want real believable acting – inanu?

• Realz

April 18, 2014 at 5:07 am

Na wa oh! The hate coolade is being drunk in copious amounts these days. I have heard Beverly speak into interviews and her accent is a typical london accent. Nothing fake about it at all! So just because she is Nigerian, she cannot have a foreign accent? Take several seats abeg!
      Focus on making yourself better rather than choosing to pull others down.

9. Shirley

April 17, 2014 at 3:13 pm

@Amebo, you are capable of murder.

• riri

April 17, 2014 at 3:23 pm

LMAO ..

• Lilian

April 17, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Yeah she’s indeed capable of murder I just googled that Flavour and Beverly and that gist was actually on the blogs even from last year. Haters can kill. Haba

10. @edDREAMZ

April 17, 2014 at 3:37 pm

She really gat one hell of a banging body doubt…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

11. NAms

April 17, 2014 at 3:52 pm

her last pic is my favorite

12. Kina

April 17, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Shinny black sista. Beautiful. In your face Dencia!

13. mimi

April 17, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I am curious
    As she is spending money on photoshoot and weaves
    I hope she is taking Acting classes too.
    Gather all that money you are wasting and maybe enrol in Yale or someplace cheaper

#WorseActressIKnow
    watching her ACT is like watching white paint dry on a wall.

14. Ola

April 17, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I think she is a beautiful and a good actress, I lover her in Tinsel! …reading those hate comments somehow now makes me like her more. Keep growing miss Naya, bless you.

15. Fabulicious

April 17, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Some palm wine drinking ladies with big tummies are now envious hearing that she’s 25 and they probably never looked like this when they were her age….hahahahaha.as much as I dislike her acting,let’s face it,she has a nice body and unfortunately nollywood needs more people with the fake accent.Lets just move on cos until she becomes irrelevant,she’s still very much around.

16. Uju Lilian Ikegbune

April 17, 2014 at 7:23 pm

i sooo like Beverly Naya, especially her answer on her definition of sexy, her vintage shirt with the leather skater skirt, is wow, and to think she is 25, the chic is intelligent.

17. Concerned9ja

April 17, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Good on you Beverly…she’s on my FB page and though never met think she’s a nice person..accent ain’t fake think she grew up in Croydon..she just needs to get into the 9ja lingo big time…allowing her room to be versatile…rather than being stuck playing the middle class babe!!

18. Lillian

April 17, 2014 at 8:26 pm

@aunty amebo you reside in haters land your post really betrayed you and you say you are an actress na wa for Nollywood no wonder you people churn out rubbish movies so much envy and jealousy. Beverly my Tinsel babe YAYA of life I love your acting you keep it natural and not over the top. I follow you on Instagram and to the hater her accent is real I saw her passport post on her page, she is britico proper. Just do you Beverly jare. The sky is your begining do not mind these bleachers my beautiful caramel smooth sister.

19. Miz Imani

April 18, 2014 at 3:58 am

“I guess it’s an art to be sexy with clothes on. My idea of sexy is the ability to be aware of your sexuality without being trashy or offensive in the process. Sexy to me is confidence, it’s about commanding presence and grace when you walk into a room because you are self assured and happy with your achievements. There is nothing sexier than a confident woman, no matter what she may look like.”

That line right there is one of the smartest things I’ve ever heard from any Nollywood actor. Never really been a fan, (not like I consider my opinion that relevant) but I think she’s all that and more. So much potential to be great. If she ever gets to see this, babe keep improving and keep growing….the sky is just your starting point!

20. Realz

April 18, 2014 at 5:08 am

Focus on making yourself better rather than choosing to pull others down.

21. tunde

April 18, 2014 at 9:31 am

When you give an honest critique you are told you are a hater. You can turn it twist it flip it however you want. IN MY BOOKS BEVERLY NAYA ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10 ON ACTING SKILLS IS A 1. TOO STIFF AND TOO DAMN REHERSED. And besides. I DONT CARE FOR BRITISH OR AMERICAN ACCENTS IN MY AFRICAN MOVIES. This is not hating this is my honest critique as a movie watcher and I will never buy nor watch a movie with her and if I do I will fast forward her predictable scenes

• Lillian

April 18, 2014 at 6:26 pm

I believe you would not be watching or buying any home videos because their movies are full of these actors forming a concoction of different accents and they all look and sound silly from Jim iyke, Tonto, Omotola, Desmond,Joseph etc the only person that still has that un diluted Naija accent is Genevieve all of them are trying too hard and shouting all over the screen all in the name of acting.

• onye Ara

April 19, 2014 at 7:39 am

May you be greatly blessed for speaking the truth.

22. lola

April 18, 2014 at 9:40 am

Are we talking of her acting or her beauty.
    She’s a nice looking actresss

WHO CANNOT ACT

23. dont think shes pretty but i guess shes got great personality. it makes up. mytestimonys.blogspot.com/2014/04/tessy-and-ohimai-our-love-story.html

24. Blessed child

April 18, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Not only is Beverly Naya beautiful but she is very eloquent and intelligent, it’s only a matter of time before she’ll be snapped up by a great guy. These days I only follow Tinsel because she’s in it, she’s great. Ride on, you are truly one of a kind. Loved her response to the definition of sexy.

25. Noble (http://www.lagosconvo.com)

April 19, 2014 at 9:31 am

Beverly Naya! Oh dear!

26. sin ord

April 19, 2014 at 11:02 am

Before now i was one of the people that thinks that beverly was not a talented actress but after seeing so much hatred from fellow nollywood actors who are obviously jealous because what they could not achieve in 10yrs she has done in less than 3 years i am now officially her fan #TeamBeverlyNaya

27. Onegig

April 21, 2014 at 7:34 am

Umm…. guys, I think she got the whole Beverly/Flavor thing mixed up . Yes, Flavor sang about a certain Beverly, but the said girl is a chick he’s dating in Houston. I guess people got it all wrong. Naya is a very pretty girl with an amazing skin tone/body. However, she needs acting classes like yesterday. Goodluck in your quest.