News

Psychiatric Evaluation reveals Oscar Pistorious “had no Mental Disorder”

Oscar Pistorius

Last month, BN reported that a South African judge had ordered Oscar Pistorius to undergo a 30-day psychiatric evaluation in which a panel of psychiatrists would determine whether he was criminally responsible for shooting and killing his girlfriend at the time, Reeva Steenkamp

The psychiatric evaluation has been conducted, and the verdict is that Pistorius did not have a mental disorder when he killed Steenkamp, BBC reports.

This revelation was made during his resumed murder trial.

Results of the evaluation appears to nullify the defence team’s argument that Pistorious was suffering from an anxiety disorder at the time of the shooting.

Pistorious killed Steenkamp on February 14, 2013 because he allegedly thought she was an intruder, and shot her in self-defense. He has pleaded not guilty to the murder.

Photo Credit: Gallo Images/Getty Images/www.theguardian.com

1. Hurperyeahmie

June 30, 2014 at 11:24 am

Guy na die you dey!!!!!!!!! take truth make e set you free enough of all the drama

2. Hurperyeahmie

June 30, 2014 at 11:27 am

Being defeated is often a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.

• Hurperyeahmie

June 30, 2014 at 11:39 am

this wasnt meant for this page ooooooooooooooo b4 una use my tear me

3. Lorna

June 30, 2014 at 11:46 am

Why does this guy think he would kill Steenkamp and go scot free? what could’v given him that impression?…i wonder! Pls accept ur evil-plot-gone-bad and kindly pay for your crime!

4. Gistyinka Blog

June 30, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I just pity this young man, So sad that he was once hero for the south African but in short period of time he turn to villain.

5. adelegirl

June 30, 2014 at 12:31 pm

But of course he does NOT have a mental disorder. He is just a cold blooded killer with deep-seated anger management issues which went out of hand. They had a terrible argument and in his blinding rage, he killed her. That is all.

Anger makes you do strange things. Recently, I was angry and removed an offending bra strap which had come loose and was peeking through my sleeve and put it in my bag in full public glare; whilst standing and talking to a guy and a female friend. It wasn’t until “my eyes had cleared” that I remembered what I had done and was immediately mortified.

My friend said she almost went cross-eyed trying to signal me with her eyes to realise what I was doing but I didn’t even see her, blinded as I was by anger

So please Oscar Pistorius and his defence team should stop grasping at straws when the truth of what happened is so blindingly (pun unintended) obvious.