Relationships

Four Friends In An Intriguing Story! Watch 5 Episodes of “Life of Hers” the Web Series by Cardy Films

BellaNaija.com

This web series has caught our attention and we’re really happy to share. Written by Samantha Chioma, the show – Life of Hers explores the lives of four friends who live in London.

“From choosing between the ‘stable’ career and the ‘creative’, between staying ‘true to yourself’ and conforming, to tumultuous relationships, sex and the different expressions of love, Life of Hers has something that everyone can relate to. Join Kaima, Hodan, Cassandra and Valentine as they navigate young adulthood and the ever-changing course of life.”

Life of Hers is directed by Olan Collardy & Ola Masha {The Cardy Films duo} and it was produced by Waiki Harnais {Remember her interview on BN?}Watch the five episodes of season I and tell us what you think as we can’t wait to see what happens in season II.Check on it!

Episode I – Millenials

Episode II – Dirty Little Secrets

Episode III – Ultimatums

Episode IV – Lives We Could Have Had

Episode V – Ode To Our Existence

1. Quirky

July 15, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I felt this.

2. Jd

July 15, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I dozed off half way watching this.

• H

July 17, 2014 at 6:25 am

I did not go that far. This is really really really dry. I rather watch paint dry.

3. Angel

July 15, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Lol @Jd, tell me about it, same here.

4. Bebs

July 15, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Awwww interesting…. cant wait for another episode. Brilliant work.

5. 'Tope

July 15, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I love it! I think it’s absolutely brilliant.

6. Africhic

July 15, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Episode 6 please

7. April Laugh

July 15, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I totally enjoyed this and the aesthetics. I’m looking forward to the next episode. Samantha Chioma is a fantastic writer 🙂

aprillaugh.com

8. Kike

July 15, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Its a bit slow. I love the whole Black women being represented in interesting and non sexual, stereotypical roles but I feel its all too contrived. Yes, I know this is fiction but there is something that is so unnatural about it, maybe its the conversations, which doesn’t really include any London lingo. Before someone ask if I am asking them to talk ‘ghetto’ I am not, but as a black professional, 20-something female Londoner and who should identify with the casts, I don’t, although I do identify with the issues.

The Somalian girl, with no headscarf, who has sex outside of marriage with non-Somali or Muslim men appears forced. The character may feed into the writers idea of concious black female millennials but not everyday reality in the UK.

Before someone slams my review, I love the idea and the message behind the show, the production is excellent but the show lacks life.

9. Jo!

July 15, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Love this.
    This Somali girls situation, *sigh*, I’ve been there,
    You don’t really want all of him, you know it’s better to let him go, but you can’t let him go entirely either. I. Have. Been. There. I actually had tears in my eyes watching that scene

10. Amazingly me

July 15, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Totally enjoyed it. Pls keep us posted when episode 6 is out thanks BN!

11. missme

July 16, 2014 at 1:20 am

This is beautiful. The cinematography is excellent! I can totally relate to the Kaima character. Uncle Loic even if we are going to break up in the morning can I have your chest, shoulders and arms for the night? Thank you. Lara’s father needs more acting coaching.

• Nollywood REinvented

July 23, 2014 at 1:39 am

HAHAHHA!!! READING. MY. MIND. That was all I was thinking of post their break-up. I was like ok, I see your point. But can you still lay here tonight tho… like, can you? lol

12. JASMINE

July 16, 2014 at 1:43 am

I absolutely loved it. A bit slow at first but when you get into it, you start to see the characters come alive and identify with some of their issues.

13. Rinsola

July 16, 2014 at 2:40 pm

This is great!!! – mahn!!

14. sefi-ann

July 16, 2014 at 10:48 pm

such a fine boy is telling her to be his babe and she is saying no, i diee!!! Babe sef does not know what she wants. I really dont understand ppl in casual-‘just sex’ relationships. It doesnt make any sense to me, feelings are bound to develop and one person will get hurt if both are not on the same page throughout the hookup.

15. ade

July 17, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I love this! Hope we keep getting more

16. oj

July 17, 2014 at 7:06 pm

i’m a mix of kaima and cassandra

17. oj

July 17, 2014 at 7:16 pm

gosh, send the next episode pls. girl fight coming up!