News

Awka-based Man Kills Mother for Allegedly Using Witchcraft to Stall His Progress

BellaNaija.com

Ekene Kills Mother - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01
Ekene Ucheagwu (pictured above) is a 29 year old man who confessed to killing his 65-year-old mother in her home.

Yesterday, he was paraded by men of the Special Anti Robbery Squad, SARS, Awkuzu.

The cobbler said he killed her because she was using witchcraft to block the progress of her surviving children.
He told reporters;

“I decided to kill her because she did not allow the spirit of God to come into our family.

Once she cursed anybody, that person will never progress and she was doing it to my brothers and sisters very often.

I am the only one among her six children (two later died) that knew her secrets. My elder brother, who is 45 years old is yet to get married and nobody in our area agrees to marry any of my sisters or their daughters to marry any of us.

When I confronted her by calling her ‘queen of the coast’, she tried to kill me, having known that I knew her secrets and that was why I decided to kill her first.

I hit her on the head with a big stick at night and she slumped and died and I carried her in a wheelbarrow that night to the Obukwu bush in my community where I burnt her body to ashes.”

Vanguard reports that after a few days of the incident, the members of the community were curious that they had not seen his mother, they began to suspect that something terrible happened.

Ekene was banished from the community when he could not explain her whereabouts. He later went to Aba, Abia state to continue his business until he was arrested by men of SARS.

Ekene revealed to reporters that his mother never got married, and that all her six children answer her maiden name.

He says he regrets his action, but insists that “When the kingdom of God finally comes, people would realise that I did the right thing.”

Investigation is still ongoing.

1. bruno

August 13, 2014 at 4:38 am

All forms of organised Religion washes the brain clean of all reasoning.

2. Oxygen

August 13, 2014 at 4:53 am

A mother curse is strong like a spell but killing her will not solve your problem which might earnestly be from you. Now, you will live the rest of your in prison.

Rest in peace mama.

3. Tony

August 13, 2014 at 5:48 am

Please Please Please, stop calling God in this matter. I get very irritated for all these misinterpretations of God. You do not belief in God so sit quiet. Who told you your mother is a witch? Is it God? Did God also tell you that killing is the right thing? Just shut up your mouth, acting all sanctimonious and referring to the Kingdom to come.

How can i see such a person, instead of asking these questions to other readers. We just take God’s name and use it in the most horrible crimes. I am so vexed. If people were to kill their mothers because of no progress do you think there would still be mothers? Lets see how you would progress now behind bars since your Mum is dead. You added more curses on ur bony head.

4. Rosee

August 13, 2014 at 7:58 am

Lol na my Villa boy o y u wan disgrace us naw Anyway i wish u save trip to jail

5. “I decided to kill her because she did not allow the spirit of God to come
    into our family.

& I’m sure killing som1 will make blessings flow. Airhead.

6. 4tunechuks

August 13, 2014 at 8:26 am

Na wa oooo…

7. Bimbo

August 13, 2014 at 10:20 am

See this fool? This is what happens when pastors will not stop preaching about “principalities” and all sorts of nonsense “witches” . It puts vulnerable people at risk. People never question why it is always helpless old women and little girls that cannot protect themselves that are always accused of witchcraft? I think it’s about time pastors are cautioned about the messages they send out that can expose vulnerable people to violent acts from retards like this man.
    The economy in Nigeria is generally bad so if someone is not getting on I wonder why it must be witches causing financial woes. “Africans ” are such a stupid set of people.

8. Zion

August 13, 2014 at 10:32 am

hm,mmmm

9. PACE

August 13, 2014 at 10:58 am

Very well said Bruno. This is what happens in a society that attributes every bad thing to one form of spiritual influence or the other.

10. Ruby Tuesday

August 13, 2014 at 11:06 am

Wonders shall never end!! Look this fool.. Believing in rubbish and witch craft.. Knowing well that god is more powerful than that.. But my question is: why would a mother curses his kids?? Wonders!!!

11. Samson Peter

August 13, 2014 at 1:10 pm

na wao………too bad. Because I scolded you for publishing or rather pasting without facts you refused to paste my comment. For your information, the man is not an Awka man. Get your facts straight. That the incident happened in Anambra state doesnt make him an Awka man.

12. jirla

August 13, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Now your progress will stall well well! nonsense!