Events

The Stars Come Out 60s Style! First Photos from the Lagos Premiere of Kunle Afolayan’s “October 1”

BellaNaija.com

Kunle Afolayan‘s eagerly anticipated new movie “October 1” will hit cinemas on the 1st of October 2014. The movie celebrated its world premiere in Lagos last night!

The dress code for the event was ’60s style. Kudos to the celebs who stuck with it. Here is your first look at photos from the event. Check out Nollywood stars Funke Akindele, Segun Arinze, Dakore Akande alongside the movie’s cast and crew.

Kunle Afolayan and Family

Kunle Afolayan and Family

Demola Adedoyin

Demola Adedoyin

Collins Chukwu, Funke Akindele, Dakore Akande

Collins Chukwu, Funke Akindele, Dakore Akande

Deola Sagoe, Fabian Lojede (Cast)

Deola Sagoe & Fabian Lojede

Photo Credit: Pitson Media

1. Debby

September 29, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Nice one

2. Beeeee

September 29, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Lovely event, I love Mr. Afolayan’s body of work….really impressive. One pet peeve of mine tho , when people get an invitation to something that says for example “60s theme dressing” or “all white dressing”‘ and still show up at the event in something other than what the invitation specified. I remember I saw the advert for this on TV and they clearly said something about the 60s theme of dressing. If you don’t want to blend with everyone then simply stay at home. I’m sure the organizers had a look they were going for. Kudos to those who adhered to the dress code.

• name

September 29, 2014 at 4:38 pm

spot on dear!

• Beeeee

September 29, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Thanks 🙂

• Miss Mo

September 30, 2014 at 2:10 am

Nigerians are very guilty of this. So annoying … hiss

• becks

September 30, 2014 at 10:27 am

my dear no be small tin same tots here,i was invited for Africa fashion reception and on the IV it was boldly written come dressed the African way.only for me to get der and see pipo dressed mostly the English way.Me way wear african dress come dey feel bad very few pipo wnt with d code as Nigerians we need to work on this dress code ish

3. @ify_eva

September 29, 2014 at 4:27 pm

i love d concept

4. Lovekunle

September 29, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Much love and respect for kunle and his works!!! Best of luck to you mate!!! Xoxo

5. Babatunde

September 29, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Wow…I am flabagastad

• Adey

September 29, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Is it by force to speak English?

• bimyx

September 29, 2014 at 6:00 pm

bruhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…….

Kunle A— Welldone!!

6. Abike

September 29, 2014 at 5:03 pm

proud of Kunle Afolayan

7. Fatimah

September 29, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Is that Kunle Afolayan’s wife? She is so pretty!

Hopefully, this will be on Distrify or IrokoTV. I am yet to watch Phone swap too.

8. babygiwa

September 29, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Even tho I’m not a huge fan of Nigerian movies for obvious reasons, I am definitely watching this one on the first of October by God’s special grace, amen! I just love Kunle’s productions. *fantastico!

9. tey

September 29, 2014 at 6:45 pm

BN, Please correct caption for last photo – @aderupoko

10. mee

September 29, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Kunle Afolayan is just amazing! I hope he wins a foreign film Academy Award soon.

11. NaijaPikin

September 29, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Kunle Afolayan, raising the bar in Nollywood one movie at a time. Look forward to watching this.

12. naturalista

September 29, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I love kehinde bankoles threaded hair. I wonder how dhe sleep at night. I am going to try it. Make them oyinbos faint at work from shock

natural hair rocks

13. Doxa

September 29, 2014 at 7:06 pm

The guy puts in effort to be different and it shows. Well done Kunle Afolayan!

14. ba

September 29, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Super super super work!

Kehinde and Mrs. Afolayan looks fabulous

15. Que

September 29, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Saving my cinema ticket money….. I want to pay to see this…..Sadiq Daba, AKA Mr great diction, I have missed on tv!

16. Que

September 29, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I left out Mr Fabian Lojede….my crush for days!!! He totally nailed d villain role on Jacobs Cross…love him!

17. Cannime

September 29, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Can’t wait to watch this movie! Looks very interesting.

18. tunmi

September 29, 2014 at 8:40 pm

I swear ehn. This is Naija movie premieres should look. I have yet to see someone look bad in traditional outfits (please it’s not a dare oh). I absolutely want to see this.

19. Pat

September 29, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I love the 60’s look and Keinde Bankole’s hair 🙂

20. PD Young Billionaire

September 30, 2014 at 1:12 am

Kudos to Kunle Afolayan n the entire crew…

21. Amh

September 30, 2014 at 1:15 am

Fab. Its plain rude not to adhere by the dress code. Kudos to those who did.

22. NIBU

September 30, 2014 at 1:31 am

I think all movie enthusiasts should watch this movie, I’ve been anticipating it since BN showed us the teaser trailer last year. A lot of people criticize certain female actors turned directors/producers/ogasofeverythings (who shall remain unnamed) for the mediocre acting, extravagant on-screen wardrobes and settings often unrelated to the long drunk texts they call storyline and the often unnecessary use of sex scenes but this is a well made movie with an interesting plot and an amazing which the whole family can watch. Can’t wait to watch it soon with the fam. Half of a yellow sun was also great, so excited about film makers telling african stories 🙂

23. I am Nneka

September 30, 2014 at 5:04 am

kunle kunle…if u like bring october 30th. if u dont get phone swap out here…I wont c any of your films…#like anybody cares….love love love all his work..lol

24. ella

September 30, 2014 at 8:33 am

25. Lady Mo!

September 30, 2014 at 8:54 am

Nice and classy event. Kunle my crush since saworoide…lol. Well done bro, i’m sure Oct 1 won’t disappoint. Keep up the good work. God bless!

26. Bellemoizelle

September 30, 2014 at 11:24 am

Had to copy this lol”Two movies deserve an Academy Award for best African movies of 2014, October 1st by Kunle Afolayan and Dry by Stephanie. Movies that stood out, above all Kunle deserves an award as the best film maker…..trail blazer, he’s never in a hurry with his projects, and they end up being…..i dare to say Perfect.”
    @Ella in conclusion well said I have been waiting with all my heart for this movie walahi!
    This Kunle Afolayan dey try nobi small Kudos bros La vie est belle….

27. Gbenga

September 30, 2014 at 11:52 am

Kenny Banks looks so vintage chic! ♥♥♥

28. Id

September 30, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Why would anyone be.afraid to adorn the african attire in d 60s. It’s unique, elegant, regalia & rich in culture dt will make any oyinbo green wt envy. It’s a shame we don’t value our own! Just look ao beutiful kehinde looks in a natural tone or regalia kunle’s wife looks compare to Dakore Akande and d likes……mtchew African & inferiority complex

29. Foo fighters

October 1, 2014 at 11:48 am

I remember my friend having to sit on the staircase in in the cinema GD just to watch phone swap. I was lucky to get a seat right under the screen. Such a feel good movie!

30. mandy

December 11, 2014 at 11:58 am

fab film, fab directing but best of all. wonderful writer. you rock tunde babalola….