Music

Asa Thrills Fans at Concert in London with “Bed of Stone” Album Performance

Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija034Internationally acclaimed Nigerian musician Asa thrilled her fans at a concert in London held weeks after the release of her anticipated third studio album, “Bed of Stone.”

The event, which held at Union Chapel on Thursday, October 2nd 2014, was totally exhilarating . Asa performed her classic hit single “Fire on the Mountain” as well as her other hits including “Bibanke”, “So Beautiful”, “Be My Man” and “Bamidele” before delving into songs from her new album.

The show was one of the 3 events Asa has lined up for 3 cites (Hamburg, London and Paris) where she will be giving exclusive performances of songs from her new release.

Check out pictures from the event:

Getting Things Ready

Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija005 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija007 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija006 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija004 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija008 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija009 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija001 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija012 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija014 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija015 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija013

The Concert

Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija026 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija040 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija025 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija024 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija030 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija039 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija022 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija018 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija020 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija036 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija017 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija032 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija033 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija037 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija043 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija023 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija038

Taking a Bow

Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija041 Asa-Bed-Of-Stone-ConcertOctober2014-BellaNaija042

To get an even better feel of the energy at the concert, check out the video footage.

Photo Credit: àsìkò (www.asiko.co.uk)

1. eyong

October 24, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Asa is one of the few people in the Nigerian music industry who gets it. Like, she seriously gets it. It’s not about the red carpets, or who is sleeping with who or how you are stunting with mansions in lekki or all that useless garbage. The girl comes on, she makes her music, she sells out her tours and then she goea and sit her quietly at home. I swear, wizkid needs her mentorship badly, the guy’s head has become too big for his skeletal body. I consider him much more talentrd than davido, but now, I find myself paying more attention to the latter, just because I cant stand his cockiness. Smh. Asa, well done.

• missy J

October 24, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Abegi Davido and Wizkid are all the same but in terms of music I think I prefer Davido’s to Whiskey, they are all different melodies. Aye, Gobe, Skelewu, Ekuro, and you can go on and on while Wizkid you can sing Jaiye Jaiye with Show me the money’s instrumental and this recent one ‘In my bed’ is just haah I give up on Baba Wizkid. I sha believe they both have zero personalities but one gets it right with his songs. #My opinion

• Dora the explorer

October 24, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Hey!!! variety is the spice of life, we all can’t be from the royal family can we? So therefore every artist can’t be like Asa! Although I agree with you on wizzy’s head!! lol
      Unto the music, seems she did more songs from ‘Beautiful imperfection’ and “dead again” not “Bed of Stone” at this concert.. What songs are on the “bed of stones” album? its not on iTunes yet.. Love Love her!!!

• Carliforniabawlar

October 25, 2014 at 1:09 am

Hola!! Just got it Itunes…Not sure if its of much use to you if you don’t live in the States, but heres a link anyways:
      itunes.apple.com/ky/album/bed-of-stone/id890434381

2. Loulou

October 24, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Wish i was in that crowd, am sure it was an awesome performance. And her outfit is cute…

3. Ada

October 24, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Asa u rock jare!

4. JAY

October 24, 2014 at 12:52 pm

better than dem girls>>> asa gal…

im done>>>

5. bruno

October 24, 2014 at 12:56 pm

this is how you put on a show. asa, nneka, ty bello, omawumi, femi and seun kuti, chimaamanda ngozi adichie ( even tho shes not a musician) these are the only people who can win grammys. the rest are trash.

• missy J

October 24, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Loool Oga Bruno biko add Waje and Timi Dakolo to your list, Abeg!! Thank you!

6. T.

October 24, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Yay! My girl Asa! I was at this concert….it was so electric and amazing! I wished it would go on forever. What trips me most is Asa’s humility and originality. Ride on girl!

7. tunmi

October 24, 2014 at 2:12 pm

For the first time, I am interested in what the person is wearing. Her outfit reminds me of aso oke. I am going to get her album, and Brymo’s…but why does it have to be Itunes. Now I have to find the hidden folder to put the mp3 on my android device.

8. saint tracy

October 24, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Asa is a brand. commands her money n respect

9. Eze

October 24, 2014 at 2:56 pm

The moral of the story is try and learn an instrument if your a musician it might improve the quality of your music.That babe just played two instruments she dint knack apako .Mchew strolling to the kitchen to soak Ijebu garri with Auchi peanut and singing in fela’s voice “musician wen no no him work na pako na pako “

10. Just me

October 24, 2014 at 3:23 pm

She is looking more beautiful.. Well done Girl!

11. Miss Anonymous

October 24, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Asa = original

12. Tosin

October 24, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I just came to throw a kiss at the woman.
    She can be my president anyday. Kai. I wish *she* would pull a nude stunt – not happening.

13. Babes

October 24, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Asa! Indeed you are a rare breed. Bed of Stone was a huge success…in terms of originality, lyrical content and everything else put together. ASA is going places! I don’t think she has released any album that I have not loved every single track of it.

14. Temmmylicious

October 24, 2014 at 4:05 pm

This lady can do no wrong in moi eyes.

15. godsbeloveth

October 24, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I think jesse jags is another serious artiste that deserves international exposure,attention and recognition.How I wish he has an international management that can unleash his potential.

16. Nino

October 24, 2014 at 5:00 pm

God bless whoever made the video…was pained I missed the concert….
    now if only you had let us hear bibanke without you crooning along…sigh…lol

• brownchocolate

October 24, 2014 at 7:16 pm

God bless the person real good oh! Lol @ crooning along…Abeg i no blame the person. The same thing happened to me at one of her concerts. I just couldnt help myself. Come to think of it , it was the same song!!! lol

17. Erik

October 24, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I just love this girl die! Na me go marry you I swear!

18. igbeyinadun

October 24, 2014 at 6:44 pm

The best Naija artist.

19. Hexy

October 24, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Asa!!! Please come to my town ooo.

20. brownchocolate

October 24, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Oh my Asa! I had the privilege to be at one of her live performances and I must say this lady gets it right on every possible level.. Nobody wanted to leave. We were begging for more! The music just oozes from her entire being! Oh Asa! Its clear to see the woman didnt go into music for the money of the fame. She has remained true to herself and her art. Asa is the only Nigerian Artiste I know who does live perfomances like its childplay. Effortless. And the way she gives you plenty of jara! She caresses the songs, gets the audience involved and soaks you in. You connect with the lyrics and it almost becomes your own story… Back in the day, way before anyone looked her way, she contested in the Benson and Hedges Music Competition that brought P Square to limelight. She made it to the semi finals and the one thing that disqualified her was that she insisted that she didnt mime other people’s songs. Otherwise she was the winner. It may have seemed like being proud then but now I understand. The woman has never compromised, she has carved her own niche in the music industry and has grown better, like fine wine. She’s not competing with anyone for space cos she’s got her own. When Asa sings, everyone listens. Well done girl! Well done!

• tunmi

October 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Another reason I love BN, people just dropping knowledge like fried akara to with warm pap & peak milk.

21. Dora the explorer

October 25, 2014 at 11:03 am

Thank you Carliforniabawlar as you rightly guessed It can’t work for persons outside the US. and its not available on the UK iTunes yet *sobs*.. I listened to the songs on youtube, now I’m just desperate to get the album!!

• brownchocolate

October 25, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Gasping! Are you really Dora’The Explorer’?! …and grinning!

• Dora the explorer

October 29, 2014 at 6:59 pm

yes I iz!! lol

22. meeee

October 26, 2014 at 11:34 pm

I just love the hell out of dis babe. Just listened to album! Shez awesome ! Thumbs up