News

Chude Jideonwo and Adebola Williams Emerge Winners of the CNBC Africa Young Business Leader of the Year Award

IMG_1438Chude Jideonwo and Adebola Williams have been announced as winners of the CNBC Africa All Africa Business Leaders Awards 2014 – for the Young Business Leader of the Year 2014, West Africa.

This was announced at the awards event held yesterday, Thursday, 23 October at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos, Nigeria.

Jideonwo and Williams are co-founders of Red Media Africa on of Africa’s leading youth media network. The media group houses several media platforms including The Future Awards Africa, Y! Africa – the magazine, YNaija.com and Red Communication.

Finalists for the Young Business Leader of the Year Award included Seth Akumani (Ghana), Oluseun Onigbinde (NIgeria) and Christian Ngan (Cameroon).

Other winners announced were Tayo Oviosu of Paga for Entrepreneur of the Year, Arunma Oteh (Director General of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria) for Business Woman of the Year and Atedo Peterside (Chairman, StanbicIBTC) for Business Leader of the Year.

Big ups to Chude Jideonwo and Adebola Williams, who are making it such that Nigerian youths have positive people to look up to.

Last year, Jideonwo and Williams were listed by Forbes as one of Africa’s best entrepreneurs under 30. They have also been listed by Business Day as one of Nigeria’s 40 leading entrepreneurs under 40.

1. nice

October 24, 2014 at 12:20 pm

these are the kind of men i like especially in this “turnip” generation.young men with purpose,congrats to them

• nice

October 24, 2014 at 12:20 pm

“turnip”turn down for what etc” typo

2. Baba

October 24, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Great and really encouraging. One thing am too sure of is that ‘the future is Africa’ and I am so proud to be part of those making it happen.

3. nice

October 24, 2014 at 12:22 pm

what is wrong with the “u” meant “turn up” for the 3rd time

4. Chikazoid

October 24, 2014 at 12:31 pm

The way these guys just make it so cool to be inspiring and to be an achiever – outside of entertainment or fashion. It blows my mind sha. Blows

5. But that's none of my business....

October 24, 2014 at 3:16 pm

I hope you guys have started treating and paying your staff well and people have stopped quitting every other week? #SideEye…sipping on my green tea.

• benny

October 24, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Thank you. There is more but I’ll leave it at what you said and thank you for saying it.
      Perhaps we should do a background check on the people we exalt so that Nigeria’s future greatness will not be cake icing on rotten cake.

• sassy

October 24, 2014 at 5:53 pm

I think there is more you can say.I hope u are not making this up. It seems so out of charactet for Chudi and Debola

• But that's none of my business....

October 25, 2014 at 5:50 am

Out of character? There is so much you do not know! Forget all these awards they are packing left and right…All na wash!….I’ll continue sipping on my green tea.

• tunmi

October 25, 2014 at 6:02 pm

But if you don’t say it and no one says it, how will improvements be made? (I respect your decision though)

6. Uju Lilian Ikegbune

October 24, 2014 at 4:14 pm

always known this guys way back from GCL am proud of Africa’s future. We are the turning point generation

7. Gbemileke

October 25, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Idiot none of business anonymous. Worked with them from 2010 – 2011. Came back 2013. Everyone who works at Red knows – they treat their people like family. Come out and say what it is. We are really curious to hear. These are inspiring young people who have created stars from youth all over. I credit where I am today to them

8. giwa

October 25, 2014 at 7:53 pm

People banking on other people’s contact to get awards….One question? What have Chude and Debola done to bring change to Nigeria? Who is a young leader? Who have the led? Future AWARDS is not honorable. Ynaija is not original. Their Public Relations skills are wack. I have worked with them and yes each time..i have someone new and it shows no consistency for a leader. I have no regard for the AABLA awards. Am out

• Ayo

October 26, 2014 at 8:03 am

The fact that you already have such strong opinions against them suggests they have stepped out of the crowd. They have built a business that gets stronger every day, they have created a brand synonymous with youth empowerment which are great accomplishments for Nigerians who don’t have very rich parents.
      When you work for a start up everywhere in the world you seldom do it for the paycheck, but the culture and the sense that you are part of building something great.
      As an individual I find them inspiring because they go against that hopelessness that Nigerian youths struggle with. I believe so much in what they do that I have volunteered with them for over 2 years.
      They may not be perfect ( who is?) but it is really unkind to dismiss their contribution.

9. Inspired

October 26, 2014 at 5:44 am

Go Chude, go! Consistency truly pays – and it’s inspiring to see how you have grown through the years. God bless you and Debola