Events

First Photos | Asa, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, Seyi Shay, OC Ukeje & more at The Future Awards Africa 2014

BellaNaija.com

Maje Ayida & Toke Makinwa

Maje Ayida & Toke Makinwa

The 2014 Future Awards Africa (TFAA) held a few hours ago at the Intercontinental Hotel, Lagos, and it was a lovely event as with several noteworthy people being celebrated for their positive contributions to Africa as well as to honour young African inspiring young leaders.

The red carpet was hosted by Bolanle Olukanni, who was styled by Ifan Ifeanyi Michael in a gorgeous Weizdhurm Franklyn dress – as well as Denola Adepetun and Zina Anumudu.

The event was hosted by Osas Ighodaro, Iyanya and Ice Prince.

The event had several guests like Obiageli Ezekwesili, Pat Utomi, Tonye Cole, Osas Ighodaro, Liz Yemoja, Taofick Okoya, Mocheddah, Dakore Akande, Seyi Shay, Omotola Jolade Ekeinde amongst others and performances by Asa, Timi Dakolo, Waje, OC Ukeje, Yemi Alade, IBK and more.

Check out the first photos from the event.

Matthew Ekeinde & Omotola Jalade Ekeinde

Folu Storms

Folu Storms

Waje

Waje

Toolz

Toolz

Here are the winners of the night

The Future Awards Africa Prize for Young Person of the Year [Endowed by UBA]

The Tony O. Elumelu Prize in Business
Andrew Mupuya, Uganda, 22

The TFAA Prize in Advocacy
Kennedy Odede, Kenya, 29

1. Burbles

December 8, 2014 at 7:19 am

Love Dakore and Asa’s outfits. Love Folu’s dress.

• Tomilola

December 8, 2014 at 9:57 am

You love Folu’s dress? Okay

• mrs chidukane

December 8, 2014 at 11:40 am

@Tomilola I love Folu’s dress as well. Wish to know where she got it.

• ty

December 8, 2014 at 5:34 pm

we are probably seeing different dresses. the babe sabi storm any occasion…

2. Kem kem

December 8, 2014 at 7:21 am

Omosexyyyyyyyy! Oh wow! See how fine and sexy your captain looks! Damn! Rare appearance from the captain himself! Power couple! Hot couple, mature couple. Power couple! Power couple!! Power couple!!! Wow! Amazing omotola.

• Jilo

December 8, 2014 at 8:49 am

Bros……Chill

3. Shimmer diva

December 8, 2014 at 7:31 am

Why does tools look so big in this pic?? The body magic try for her…

4. jummai

December 8, 2014 at 7:38 am

Same faces at every event, I think toolz should loose some hip weight.

5. funmi

December 8, 2014 at 7:40 am

Dakore and her man are the cutest!!! Dammn.. All in all, everyone looked good.

6. D

December 8, 2014 at 7:42 am

`Omotola’s husband is not dressed properly.
    Dakore’s dress is stunning.!!1Bolanle doesnt look bad also.
    Toolz, lovely dress but whats going on around the bust area or is it my eyes?

• Efe

December 8, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Omotola’s husband is dressed very properly dear. That’s a semi formal outfit. He dosent need to knot a tie to look Uber formal. They both looked co-ordinated ,clean and sofisticated . They both obviously served not trying too hard yet sleek and they absolutely nailed it! Actually my Best couple for the night. Followed by mochedda and her man then Dakore and her man.

7. Aduks

December 8, 2014 at 7:43 am

Lovely photos
    …My Asha!!!!

8. Tee

December 8, 2014 at 7:45 am

Linda ikeji looks nice most of the people looked good but mo’cheddah is off the chain that girl is too stylish jare go on girl!!!

• Fashionista

December 8, 2014 at 10:32 am

Yep! Mo Cheddah always rocks in her outfits men.

9. tessa

December 8, 2014 at 7:46 am

hmmm these Yoruba gals really bathed oooo

10. John

December 8, 2014 at 7:46 am

NO WAY!! Toolz its not compulsory to wear that, you look so compressed, what is that??? all in the name of fashion? na wa!

11. ada

December 8, 2014 at 7:53 am

Toolz! you didnt do us big girls proud in that dress. you looked stuffed!

12. kay baby

December 8, 2014 at 7:53 am

I am in love with Dakore’s look. It is just simple and elegant. The rest look good too.

13. dami

December 8, 2014 at 7:57 am

Ebuka!….hope you get yourself a nice lady soon…….dont knw the inside of you but a fyn dude like you shouldn’t be wasted. If your confused…(as i imagine u r)..pls,ask your mama for help! Inbtw…..is that a growing baby bump on Toke!

14. GoldmyneTV

December 8, 2014 at 8:05 am

Lovely. Proud of you guys!

15. mizzy

December 8, 2014 at 8:20 am

I reli luv Asas dress. So pretty

• ecneica

December 8, 2014 at 10:05 am

I guess Ade Bakare made that lovely piece,that is how to STAND OUT and be elegant in an event and not appearing nude.

16. detutt

December 8, 2014 at 8:21 am

Olu and Dakore Akande nailed it, wow!!!Dakore’s dress is lovely, Toke and Maje, Omotola and Hubby looks nice too…

17. New girl

December 8, 2014 at 8:25 am

What kind of dress is omosexy putting on? Don’t like it jor but her hubby looks so cute.. Dakore beautiful as ever… Toolz looks so massive plz don’t blow up ooo… Linda. Ikeji looks good! I love Asa dressing, she’s looks smashing!

• Carliforniabawlar

December 8, 2014 at 10:16 am

Ok! So Toolz just needs to come out as an orobo….once and for all…. In fact she needs to write an article…a tweet, fb post, radio shoutout, just something….anything…..just tell the world that you’re an orobo and thats that about that.
      I think overly touched photos of her constantly confuse people into thinking she’s slimmer than she really is and in turn, she gets picked on when her ‘true size’ shows in unedited photos….
      My beautiful shapely sister in the struggle….aint no shame in the game…them Wanawana, Waje and co are rocking their sizes while working on loosing weight…. I don’t know the last time someone saw a Waje picture and complained , we just take it as it comes naa ni (she actually lost weight though)….Plus, for all we know, Toolz may have lost some weight recently sef, and people are here asking what she’s eating, telling her not to blow up….lol. Young lady abeg free yasef!! Nothing do anybody!

• Fashionista

December 8, 2014 at 10:34 am

LMAOOOO! you made me lol so hard. ive been saying the same thing since. Toolz men, you are an orobo, simple! And truly there’s nothing wrong with that. Kai, see that picture na, haba!

18. Daisy

December 8, 2014 at 8:37 am

Our own Hollywood. They all looked good tho

19. Ewa

December 8, 2014 at 8:40 am

Toolz.. *eyes popping out…* Phew!!!!!!!

20. nono blessed

December 8, 2014 at 8:40 am

All the couples look great

21. beht why

December 8, 2014 at 8:49 am

Asa and Dakore.. Yes gawdd..

22. chum chum

December 8, 2014 at 8:49 am

Ya all look good. Uti Nwachukwu remove glasses for once haa, Tools have you stopped going to the gym? pls push more harder.

23. mz zzy

December 8, 2014 at 8:50 am

Pls where did Seyi Shay thinks she was going to??? A club or what???

24. Emy

December 8, 2014 at 8:51 am

Dakore n Hubby, Omotola n Hubby, Timi n Wifey, Mo Cheddah n Boo….They all look wonderful. Btw Toolz is too big abeg. Heavy Duty!!!

25. DJ STELCH

December 8, 2014 at 8:53 am

Oh my world!!

1- Matthew and Omotola Jalade Ekeinde: POWER COUPLE.
    2- Dakore and Olu Akande: Super Power Couple.
    3- Audu and Zel Maikori: So he’s Married?? Never Knew.
    4- Mocheddaah: ASA Nwa..
    5-Timi And Bisola Dakolo: Perfect Blend.
    6- Gideon: Sabi Boy!!
    7- BolanleOlukanni : Girl I Love Your Package..
    8- Uti Nwachukwu: Fine Boys only YOU!!
    9- Ebuka OBi : De Call Me Alhaji..
    10- Linda Ikeji : BEAUTIFUL ONYINYE..
    11- ASA : Ifemi all day any Day..
    12- TOOLZ: For more Option, click TOOLZ!!!

• John

December 8, 2014 at 11:06 am

lol @ for more options click toolz…got me laughing hard

26. Foyin

December 8, 2014 at 8:56 am

I literally busted out laughing when i saw Toolz!
    Girl, WTF are you wearing? who styled you Tolu? isnt that dress a tad too damn tight? Goodness!!!

27. Titi

December 8, 2014 at 9:20 am

I love Omotola’s look , effortless! Now that’s a star!

28. fred

December 8, 2014 at 9:20 am

Omotola and Capt. That’s all…

29. ope poposola

December 8, 2014 at 9:24 am

Toolz…what exactly is happening to you? please begin to sleep and wake up at the gym fast!!!!

30. Maimuna

December 8, 2014 at 9:24 am

Toke please share the secret of how you got your knees and legs so fresh

31. dee

December 8, 2014 at 9:25 am

TOOLZ

32. stephy

December 8, 2014 at 9:29 am

Liz Yemoja,ur gown is absolutely breathtaking! Mochedda is always pretty,Ebuka does no wrong in my eyes and Toke nd her beau seem like a match made in heaven. Linda Ikeji, u are beautiful, Toolz nd all her backside,sexy mama…they all looked really nice in my opinion!

33. Fashion police

December 8, 2014 at 9:31 am

Fashion round up for the day. Omotola looks nice and I love the lack of accessories. She let her radiance shine through. Dakore’s outfit was very well put together. Bolanle’s outfit is lovely and could have done without the garrish necklace. Linda Ikeji looked lovely. Mo Cheddah is making some amazing fashion choices. I don’t know who is styling her but amazing work. I love Waje but but I am filled with trepidation when she is on the red carper. I love her jacket but the pants and shoe combination is a no for me . Liz your outfit aged you 10 years. Toolz your hips don’t lie but higher shoes next time to give you some oomph. T.

• Oge

December 8, 2014 at 11:20 am

I think, for a change, Waje should try a dress. She”s always on pants, or a skirt-top combo. Show us some of that hour glass figure in a dress! Love her bold hair colour. For Toolz, baaaaaaaad choice, though.

34. Evelyn

December 8, 2014 at 9:33 am

Omotola and Asa!!y two of my most favorite people I the world , omotola needs to shed some around the upper arms though, but I love the whole look, Asa looks so good, love the whole combo

35. iiok

December 8, 2014 at 9:36 am

Toolz can’t you see waje is working on herself and looking younger and vibrant. Please do the same, you’re not curvy you’re fat.

36. [email protected]

December 8, 2014 at 9:36 am

Toke and Maje look nice,
    love love Dakore and Olu.
    Seyi Shays shoes….hmmmm i rest my case

37. Fashion police

December 8, 2014 at 9:37 am

Toying your designs normally look amazing in pictures but I am afraid they won’t look as good up close. This outfit however ain’t working. It reminds me of a holy communion dress made out of table cloth. Seyi Shay , you are really very unpredictable on the red carpet not in a good way. Find a style so we can know where to place you. Kunbi your choice today is nice but a little too safe for a designer of your pedigree. Ebuka is giving me life. Oc I don’t know who your date is but she try. That’s all . Drops mic

38. Neo

December 8, 2014 at 10:06 am

Dakore is simply exquisite. God bless you. Been looking for my next aso ebi style.
    Linda Ikeji this is the best look I’ve seen on you ever! Slayed.
    Seyi Shay. sigh. This matter is getting critical, you should fire ur stylist. Totally even inappropriate.
    Asa is just uniquely quirky from the glasses to the dress to the shoes. I heart!
    Ebuka looking yummy from the ankles up, those shoes didn’t do the outfit well at all.
    Toke Makinwa’s waistline is sitting on her belly, how are some of you seeing baby bump? Thats ultrasound scan vision right there.

39. nene

December 8, 2014 at 10:29 am

toolz!!!!!!noo. whatapen?

40. Fashionista

December 8, 2014 at 10:37 am

Looove Asa’s outfit, very futuristic! Mo Cheddah be killing them all day, every day! Dakore looks stunning! Toolz!!!!!!! why now??

41. amh

December 8, 2014 at 10:57 am

Pretty omotola and hubby look good. Dakore looking very refined and polish like a sophisticated yoruba babe. I had to take a double take. She looks beautiful and elegant. D brashness has gone.handsome hubby.they complement each other. Lovely crowd. But toolz.oga o werin nah
    u wan bust. Lovely toke and hubby. Waje looks nice..beautful peeps.me likey.lindsy ikeji miss am richer than nigeria. You look good for once.

• Bb

December 8, 2014 at 5:33 pm

She is not Yoruba, she is ijaw.

42. kay

December 8, 2014 at 11:08 am

Emergency news!!!! Toolz needs to lose some weight! Babe i think its time you told yaself the truth mehn…Lose some weight plzzzzzzz…For your own health sake.
    Then is it me or is Toke looking funny lately? why do i think she is preggers?If she is then God be praised.
    The couples all look nicely turnt out,esp.Dakore and Olu,
    Seyi Shay always always wears the right thing at the wrong time.This girl is so beautiful and tall and lovely etc but Seyi you need to get a good stylist.Stop doing it yourself,you are in the public eye now and you need to always be on point so that your fans can appreciate you better.i advise you try whoever is styling Tiwa.dont be shy!give it a try.
    Ebuka looks very well turnt out.Nice colour shoes.
    Truth be told,i am not a fan of this Toyin girl,i think her level of attention seeking is too much but then again,she is in the styling business,it may just be what she needs.On her dress? I love the dress..its risqué.and very appropriate for the occasion,good colour too.white has become a good colour for occasion,even weddings.
    Yvonne Ekwere…whats been happening to this one.she has just been in the background.always looks just ok these days.she isn’t turning heads anymore.
    Same old Uti..Nothing new…
    Linda baby you need to build up your confidence,it shows,after all you are a rich woman now,intact you re probably the richest in that vicinity at the time of that show,so pls walk with some confidence .
    To me ASA was the best dressed.That girl just never disappoints.nice colours,nicely worn,good body too.and excellent music…Kudos..

43. bruno

December 8, 2014 at 11:10 am

dakore and mochedda are the best dressed. dakore looks expensive and well put together.

44. Anon

December 8, 2014 at 11:10 am

Loving Maje Ayida in white again. Hans.
    Dakore – ace.
    Liz Yemoja – nei nei.
    Asa – off the chains.
    Toolz – why? Were your mirrors at home broken?

45. Missy J

December 8, 2014 at 11:15 am

Ghen ghen….Oluwa Seyi Shay wetin happen naaw?? I thought she hired Michael Jackson abi Beyoncé stylist to be her personal stylist or they haven’t began work yet? Waje whoever gave you that pant clearly set you up.

46. YOU KNOW

December 8, 2014 at 11:34 am

TOKE IS DEFINATELY PREGGOS! DAKORA AND HER HUSBAND NAILED IT, BEST DRESSED COUPLE! MOCHEDDA OMG VERY CLASSY LOOK, OMOTOLA HUSBAND LOOKS UNKEPT WITH THAT BUSHY HAIR, WHILE SHE LOOKS EFFORTLESSLY CHIC. TOOLZ PLS LOOSE SOME WEIGHT OR INVEST MORE ON BODY MAGIC. EBUKA LOOKS FINEEEEE! AND TIMI AND HIS WIFE HAS TOO MUCH GOING ON.

• Ola

December 8, 2014 at 3:26 pm

I just love how she took care of the knees… And the color of her dress, beautiful.

47. Kemi

December 8, 2014 at 11:44 am

Asa any day anywhere. She is a true representation of effortless class and real talent. She does not make noise like all these common so called celebrities who are constantly begging for attention. Her Music speaks for her.

48. mrs chidukane

December 8, 2014 at 11:50 am

You people should free Toolz abeg. Do you think it’s easy to lose weight or do you think you need to remind her of her size? I’m sure she has a mirror and can see thank you very much. I know most people here get it right each time but some of us do have off days with our fashion atimes. Get over it

49. Jerry Soul

December 8, 2014 at 11:53 am

Asa’s Iconic Invanity ensemble is everything, Dakore and Bolanle look great.

50. Dare

December 8, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Liz YEMOJA!!!!! AKA Olivia Pope – YES Girl!! Show them….it is possible to cover up and still look sexy!! FIYAHHHHH!!

51. Nino

December 8, 2014 at 12:05 pm

So much toolz bashing I am actually sad for her. Yes I am not a fan of the “get up” but come on…
    Please do not make people feel bad about their size. Please
    meanwhile why is no one here for Liz Yemoja?
    She looks really nice…Classy and all…
    Mo cheddah looks like a dynamite bout o go off, most people look really nice. dressed appropriately…

52. tolu

December 8, 2014 at 12:23 pm

I think omotolas husband is using her soap, thats if u can see. Infact they are both bleaching smh. She has done nose job too. Look very well

53. Bro

December 8, 2014 at 12:51 pm

I was at this event and Omotola and her husband, Asa and dakore and her husband were my best picks for the night.
    These pictures don’t even do some of them good. Omotola’s dress was so regal and she carried herself like a queen when she walked past to go present a man behind me took a deep breathe and exclaimed ” chai na only one man hold this woman since” lol…we all turned and laughed so hard. Asa was spectacular, something I noticed in her performance, she’s a star and she knows it. No unnecessary gra gra…calm and collected, no speeches just good music and she’s done.
    Only saw dakore and her man when they were outside on the Red carpet but they looked sharp and doting on each other which was pleasing to the eye.
    Overall, good turnout, mostly decent and respectable outfits . Needless I say for Star power, Grace, Elegance , charisma, good delivery of speech and for bringing her Handsome hubby, my most Outstanding star for the night was Omotola.

54. Ore

December 8, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Dakore SLAYSSS ALL the time!!!!
    So beautiful & Classy..
    Love her!!!

55. ade

December 8, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I saw toyin lawani at the event and to say the truth she was the best dressed at the future awards, she slayed at eloy too that girl is one badass designer.my dear you deserve the award of the Designer of the year you won,keep it up

56. my2cents

December 8, 2014 at 1:20 pm

I thot this is Africa where a big woman can walk the streets freely and not be critised about her weight. I think Tools is a beautiful black woman so she is curvy and big but so what!! Cut the girl some slack no one has seen how you look biko! She can lose some wieght if it makes her happy but don’t be so heartful in your words u can also be a someborryy like her

57. devious maids

December 8, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Who is this yummy looking dude …Denola Adepetun…boi u re hotttt for days ,so so they all look well put together .And oh Asa and Ade Bakare have this intense thing i can feel .

58. been there

December 8, 2014 at 1:29 pm

oh you people should stop shoving pregnancy down toke’s throat, haba.
    besides, who adds that much weight in the first trimester?
    i know cos i’m preganant. even if you dont loose as much as 11kg in my case, i dont know any pregnant ladies that fat at the beginning.

• Tinuke

December 8, 2014 at 2:06 pm

sweetheart i was fat at the beginning o. I guess some ladies lose weight, some get bloated and look fat and some just put on weight.

59. Asgrl

December 8, 2014 at 2:55 pm

The f**k

60. I'm here for LIz

December 8, 2014 at 3:01 pm

@Nino I’m here for Liz o!! My Home girl got it right! I’m loving her style!!

61. tunmi

December 8, 2014 at 3:29 pm

The best man there was Denola Adepetun…that is someone who knows how to wear clothes. The fit is perfection.

62. mujer

December 8, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Is that Maje Ayida without a black t-shirt? You look great and toke looks loved up and sexy

63. ICANTDEAL

December 8, 2014 at 5:17 pm

I can’t believe the number of people going in on Toolz’ body, when did it become okay to tell another human what to do with their bodies? That dress did her no good but that doesn’t justify bashing her body, it’s her body and choice at the end of the day.

64. tracey

December 8, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Omotola looks beautiful

65. Yayi Boni

December 10, 2014 at 10:35 am

Toolz you are big and thick chick… stop the food… that hand will kill you wooooo

66. nicki