Relationships

Toyin Aimakhu: When Men Cheat and Abuse Women We All Come Out and Scream, Why Is It Then Wrong to Sing Their Praises When They Treat Us Right?

Toyin Aimakhu (3)Nollywood actress Toyin Aimakhu is not one to hide her love for her husband, Adeniyi Johnson.

Several times the actress has used her Instagram page as a medium of pouring praises on her husband and appreciating him for different things – from gifts to winning an award.

A few people have however critised her public display of affection and this afternoon Toyin Aimakhu shared a message for those who have a thing against her appreciating her husband.

She wrote:

To all friends and fans, i’ll like to start these piece by saying marriage is king in Africa. When men cheat and abuse women we all come out and scream, why is then wrong to sing their praises when they treat us right?… a lot of marital problems and issues are as a result of not appreciating each other. Mind you our choices differs, but nevertheless they are our head and should be cater for and treated right. When your man treats you right people will say you’ve jazzed him, or that he is using you… with such conclusions won’t your man be afraid of treating you right? If u feel living with a man is bad have you taken your time to think that some female friends are worse! Why do you have evil resentments against men? Let’s stop discouraging young ladies out there who are aspiring to be married let them know there are two ways to life, it’s not only when molested that we should come out and speak….Let’s learn to see our men differently and learn to appreciate them….. my name is Toyin Aimakhu johnson… I love my husband he’s my small god!!!

Toyin Aimakhu

Photo Credit: Instagram – @aimakhuJohnson

1. Beht why

February 28, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Girl bye! Abeg just dey go

2. Iris

February 28, 2015 at 4:28 pm

I don’t completely agree with her views about marriage, but she does have a point about it making sense to praise them when they are good to you.. Plus, is it not her own social media page? Why people gotta be so mad? *in Igbo teacher accent*

3. lol

February 28, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Agreed till the small god part :(…. Boo I Hope your husband adores you as much as you post and talk about him.

4. Nahum

February 28, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Who gives a damn about you and your tin god??? Who cares about whether you love him or not? Abeg miss me with your bull kaka, you are an attention seeker. People have more pressing issues on their minds

• El

February 28, 2015 at 10:29 pm

She sure got your attention.

• Nahum

March 1, 2015 at 7:50 am

She got my attention because she is constantly in my face with her bulls-t. I am even mad at myself for acknowledging her but I just could not take one more stupid comment from her. We are all happily married, but we keep our marriages private. She really needs to shut it.

• Funks

March 1, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Cos you decided not to advertise your marital affairs doesn’t mean someone else cannot. Hence the reason why it is her life and not yours. Keep yours private and let her talk about hers to the world. She definitely has her reasons. You either ignore her or SHUT IT and keep your bitterness to your MATRIMONIAL HOME.

• Taiwo

March 2, 2015 at 11:31 am

I totally agree!! She really needs to SHUT IT! I’m happy her marriage is working out despite the ups and downs (don’t we all have em!) but all i read about her these days are My husby this, My tin God that!! E don do. Write about your bra and pant for a change Toyin.

5. LILO

February 28, 2015 at 5:08 pm

This girls talks too damn much. Shut up for once and enjoy your marriage quietly

• LILO

February 28, 2015 at 5:09 pm

*girl

6. peace

February 28, 2015 at 5:16 pm

I agree with her. Enough said.

• anu

February 28, 2015 at 9:06 pm

I agree with her too but her engish is terrible. I couldn’t concentrate while reading

7. faith

February 28, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Toyin#sighs. The way you’re clapping back @ people these days… I’m forced to think that you’re a chorister.
    Your making your business our business, so don’t get all fired up when you have few heated replies.
    Honest comments nowadays are often mistaken to be ‘hatred from hater’.
    Be careful, few things you should know about flaunting your relationship on social media is that it will come back to haunt you when it fails. This you alreafy know but you think yours is different than the others before you. People wont forgive easily as your making your life to seem like heaven on paradise. People will gloat & laugh. They will mock and taunt you. People will make unnecessary references to your old posts, if you like you can delete it, thank heavens! bellanaija is there, stuffs like that are there for eternity.
    You will hate the Internet and your ‘instagram’ diary.
    As you worship your small god daily, pray alongside that your love and marriage last forever..♡
    Keep your tips and tricks on how to make marriage last.. you may need it very soon.

8. Leah

February 28, 2015 at 5:21 pm

My Dear there is nothing wrong in singing his praises for treating you right like he is supposed to. There is also nothing wrong in keeping your private life private. Maybe some information are better shared with family and intimate friends as opposed to strangers on social media to get attention. Keep talking mama, when things go left as the often do with relationships like this that are played out in public, people will…..

9. Baby

February 28, 2015 at 5:23 pm

Wat is this òdè saying. Wen did u become a marriage counsellor parrot mouth

10. Ifemelu

February 28, 2015 at 5:30 pm

Good lord! Sweet black adult baby Jesus, take the wheel! Take the wheel lord! Not today satan, not today. I cannot deal. I cannot deal. What in the world is all this? Focus on your damn marriage and stop making a caricature of yourself.

• Ifunanya

February 28, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Ifemelu has finished me with this comment.

[email protected] not today satan!

• Ukaa

February 28, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Lol…

• Fabulicious

February 28, 2015 at 10:46 pm

Ifemelu, you cracked me up seriously.All I could think of was Phaedra.

11. hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

February 28, 2015 at 5:32 pm

I think this chick should write a book

• Akeem olawale Balogun

March 1, 2015 at 4:08 pm

she’s very good. you must praise men always when they treat you well.

12. Lynn

February 28, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Am i the only one getting real SICK & TIRED of bloggers featuring this girl Toyin and her SO CALLED HUSBAND, my goodness, are you the only person on this planet with a loved one.

All this is so damn fake. I am tired of seeing her face – Bloggers this woman doesnt catch crowd so please seize featuring her and updating us of her so called like, frankly we dont Give A.F

If you are trying to PROOF something – gurl you failed. #ByeFelicia

13. ms.b

February 28, 2015 at 5:57 pm

She’s such a LIAR and I’m beginning to believe she’s delusional. Treat u right ke? I wonder what she understands by been treated right. Only ppl with miserable marriages come to social media to paint what they wish their marriage was like. I know ds gal so I knw what I’m saying. Just keep quiet, as sum1 suggested earlier “write a book”. Mayb in yoruba cos I knw Its impossible in english!!

14. Eunice Oni

February 28, 2015 at 6:07 pm

There is nothing bad in praising your husband, but people are wicked this days that you need to watch what you say,there a lot of happy marriages out there but they dnt talk too much,things kept secret are of more values than the open ones, pray hard for God to bless you with the fruits of the womb so that your joy will be full enjoy your love

15. olivia pope

February 28, 2015 at 6:10 pm

You and this ya small god everytime……….

16. bruno

February 28, 2015 at 6:18 pm

many of you are angry and jealous cause you are old and alone. jealousy will not find you a good man.

she loves her man and she wants to honour him what’s bad about that.
    singing destiny’s child carter to you.

• cindy

March 7, 2015 at 2:35 am

When will you stop up voting yourself @Bruno?

17. cameroongirl

February 28, 2015 at 6:43 pm

Being treated well by “my” man is an expectation. It’s my right to be treated right and his too. So no news there. However if these minimum expectations are not met…. That’s news.

18. Carliforniabawlar

February 28, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Lmao…Toyin will not kill me o. Someone needs to shut all her social media accounts down. But I can’t even judge her….at least she’s constantly making movies and keeping her fans entertained. She’s just a talkative naa ni…there’s nothing we can say or do to dissuade her from yapping her mouth…at least not until her small god says it’s enough…hehehe.

p.s. IMHO i believe all this praise and worship sessions stem from the fact that Toyin married a ‘regular’ guy; he’s not a chief, an Alhaji or some ‘Belgium-based’ millionaire…and she’s doing what (she’s been advised and wired to think) needs to be done to keep him. A typical Yoruba man would have self-esteem issues with a woman as marginally successful/popular as Toyin, so there is the need for her to constantly reassure him as her head and all that. Pele o Toyin, you have buy market… this can only go on for so long before you tire out.

• concerned 9ja

March 1, 2015 at 12:21 am

You were making sense until you said a typical youruba man..??actually it’s a black man issue. .does Bobby Brown ring a bell??…100% sure he’s not youruba!!

• Carliforniabawlar

March 1, 2015 at 1:36 am

So it would have made you feel better if I included all black men?? Hian!! I for kukuma speak for all men (white, yellow and blue) and top it off with butch lesbians while I’m at it
      I am Yoruba, hence I speak for the culture I have been exposed to. I was already uncomfortable making generalizations about Yoruba men, which is why I made sure to use the word TYPICAL so as to leave the exceptional ones out.
      Now to try to ‘typicalize’ all black men? mbanu…my hand is not there.
      Anywhoozies, I’m glad I made some sense to you until I decided not to speak of something I wasn’t sure of..lol….like that even makes any sense…**shrugs**

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 2, 2015 at 2:57 pm

“I’m glad I made some sense to you until I decided not to speak of something I wasn’t sure of…”

You, ehnn 😀

• *Real* Nice Anon

March 1, 2015 at 8:32 am

LMAO! Zero chill Sis.

• Ibukun

March 1, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Dear Carliforniabawlar if only you know how many fights you and I have had in my end ehn! But on this one we are in sync! Ose iya mi!!!

The fact that Toyin constantly entertains just gives her the pass for me. Plus she put it on her instagram page, she did not call Bellanaija to publish her post, they posted it because she is relevant enough to be published. And come to think Toyin actually spelt her words correctly this time, so what if she messed up the lexis and structure a bit, ehen?! Big deal?! (Yes I am being biased and I know). Ejo abeg please biko leave Toyin alone. She said her husband is her mini god (her husband, not yours) you don’t have to agree with her, if you don’t like her rants skip the story next time. #ToyinAimakuForTheMoney! (Please don’t ask what money)

• tt

March 2, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Yes please leave her alone
      Leave her inta-page alone!!!

• concerned9ja

March 2, 2015 at 3:14 pm

Shame you didn’t quantify your being Youruba in the first place…and TYPICAL can be derogatory much dependent on the context…you could have said coming from my background some Yoruba men..Typical is actually tarring them all with the same brush considering the flow of your language!!

19. AsMyself

February 28, 2015 at 6:57 pm

Trying too hard. Oya we have heard. Buy Brighter Grammar while you’re at it. I don’t know which annoys me more: your eye-blinding gbagauns or your forcing details of your “love” and “small god” down our throats.

“Marriage is king in Africa”??? You go fear achievement now. Lord Jesus, please be a high, bottle-spiked VGC fence!

• FMB

February 28, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Lmaoooo! I agree we should appreciate our men but her own is just on another level. but why on social media??! That’s what I need to understand. Is this her way of trying to wipe out the divorce story from our memories?

• zee

February 28, 2015 at 8:35 pm

I love you for the brighter grammar part, hilarious

• Ibukun

March 1, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Abegi! Brighter grammar koo Ugo.C.Ugo nii. Did Toyin Aimaku create a voodoo doll of you with absolute control, forcing you to click on her story and read to the end?? Did bellanaija write you a threatening letter saying if you don’t read they will shoot you??? If not, then please how were you forced to delve in to this story?. Your mouth like eye blinding grammar, mschew such katikati. Biko shift!

20. le coco.

February 28, 2015 at 7:19 pm

this lady is soo annoying.. there is nothing rong with appreciating ur husband but my dear if ur husband was reciprocating ths love on social media bellanaija wld hv posted.. why all this noise? this ur husband that will abuse u later then u will start giving rubbish interviews on ur failed marriage.. please my dear, u seem too dependant on ur man and clingy at that.. u r one of those women that believe marriage is the ultimate goal…. infact I don tire.. these blogs shld stop making this woman famous because truthfully, I had no idea hu she was before bellanaija

• Ibukun

March 1, 2015 at 6:40 pm

So there is nothing “rong” really?!!! What happened to the “W” for goodness sake! Can you all see the people abusing Toyin Aimaku! Oh good Lord! You don’t know “hu”… Seriously?! what in the world is “hu” ?
      *sigh*

21. Dee

February 28, 2015 at 7:50 pm

There’s nothing wrong with her praising her husband. All these hate comments and fake advice) tho! If she likes she can praisie her husband every blessed day on social media. We all have an option to ignore her page or refuse to click on the story. So if you took the time to open the story, read and comment, just walk! Walk ! And walk ! What is wrong with people? I think we all need to understand individual preferences and respect same. The fact that you believe private matters like someone flaunting her love for her husband should be kept out of public eye doesn’t mean everyone must accept and follow your belief.
    Yeah it might get a little too much but really it’s her account and she can post whatever she likes on it.

22. bukky

February 28, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Dats y I love mercy Johnson since she got married.

• Carliforniabawlar

February 28, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Ta!! Mercy Johnson is in the same boat if you ask me….na just slight cultural differences making the manifestations different.

• Leah

February 28, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Oh shut up there! Which Mercy Johnson? You mean the one that married some else’ husband and gives interview every week about her perfect life. At least this Toyin woman’s husband can afford a car, Mercy Johnson’s husband is jobless.

• Chy

March 1, 2015 at 8:56 am

Ouch!!!!!! And you are in their bedroom I suppose?

23. Zara

February 28, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Hohohohohohohohohohohohohoho……. Hmmmmmmmmmm…

24. Linda cross

February 28, 2015 at 8:46 pm

I will strongly advice you to manage yr home well than broadcasting to the world that you are happy or not,whatever happens in yr home let it stay in yr home please Biko,i pray yr marriage last forever

25. anu

February 28, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Toyin you are a yoruba woman, and theres an adage in youruba which states, ti isu eni ba gun tan a ma n fi aso boo ni.

• James

February 28, 2015 at 10:34 pm

She is not a Yoruba woman, she is Edo I believe

26. lol

February 28, 2015 at 9:30 pm

I mean fine share what you want with social media but you cant cry when something goes wrong in your marriage. Certain things need to be kept off the internet.
    Thats why i love kerry washington. We dont know shit about her marriage or have even seen her baby. she has one of the highest rated shows on tv but yet she still keeps her sanity. 101 guide to being a celebrity. No idiot can ever come and post some random rumor on a magazine because they don’t know shit and will never know shit.
    You put your life out you get no privacy. You cant cry when you don’t get because that’s how you wanted it. 🙂

27. Maye freshman

February 28, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Madam Toyin,is your husband responsibility to treat you right before,so which one you dey.And is not only on social media that you show love to your hubby,you better go and learn how to sustain celebrity marriage from madam joke silver and olu Jacob.

28. Aj

February 28, 2015 at 11:31 pm

LMHO……BN Commentators!!!!! I Love you all sha. Una never fall my hand lailai on your comments. Solid Gbosas to y’all.
    Toyin! Toyin!…how many times did I call you? ….Hhhmm…..Eti e melo??…Hhhmm…

29. Lwkmd

February 28, 2015 at 11:35 pm

LMAO!! bruno ooooo, your destiny’s child comment cracked me UP!

30. mary

March 1, 2015 at 12:04 am

God please can you bring back the life we had before social media craze, no wonder our parents and even grand parents lasted in marriage and are still lasting, they celebrate 45-50 years anniversary unlike now that people hardly celebrate 5 yrs of their marriage before it parks up. our parents didn’t have to show case the gorge wrapper their hubby bought for them nor did they have to prove to people how nicely they were being treated, no competition of any kind, but now see what social media is causing us, Toyin, nobody said you should not appreciate your small god, we simply meant that certain thing be kept off internet. can you stop already.

31. PD Young Billionaire

March 1, 2015 at 4:59 am

Thank God for your husband n marriage but you seriously need to learn from Joke Silva n Omotola Jalade.I pray you have a successful and happy marriage.

32. nadine

March 1, 2015 at 5:51 am

Wait ama let u finish but sit ur ass down.u sound RIDIC. deal w ur husband n shit and let odas do so.

33. kemisola

March 1, 2015 at 11:20 am

I understood everything she wrote, I believe she made a point, let’s learn how to appreciate our man.

34. cleo

March 1, 2015 at 1:50 pm

See what keeping up with the Kardashians has cause ooooooooo. And what did it earn them. Money lots of money, i mean. Baby popping Kourtney, divorced Khloe, 3rd time married Kim, disturbed Rob, transgender-ed Bruce, alcoholic Scott and i can go on. For sure living you life on social media can earn you the popularity and the money and that is where it all stops. This Toyin never learns a lesson. Now i am sure the reason for the other split up is beacuse he cheated. Who gets over the hurt of being cheated on in 4 weeks.
    Dear Toyin Dakore is married, Omotola is Married, Stephanie Linus is married, Kerry Washington is married, Joke Silva is married please learn their style.

35. double standards

March 2, 2015 at 10:37 am

all of you insulting Toyin should just shut up, if it were to be a Beyoncé that was gushing about her man on social media now, y”all will open your mouths and say “awww, how cute”” but because its our own naija person, it has suddenly become a crime. #doublestandards. P.S. If you felt so badly about it, then you should not have opened the post.

36. 'tayo

March 2, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Toyin Toyin Toyin… how many times did I call you? go play somewhere else pleassse do something different and enrol your husband in a modelling outfit,. Abi your husband is campaigning ni? #Smh

37. Magz

March 2, 2015 at 2:05 pm

We all come out and scream because it is wrong to cheat & abuse. It is our right to be treated right. Toyin, that’s the answer to your question.

Oluwatoyin Aimakhu aya Adeniyi Johnson, please go ahead o. Sing your small god’s praises everyday. He is kuku your man, continue my dear.

Let me just quickly remind you of his own social media shoutout when you guys had small wahala some weeks ago, ehn ehn, you remember?

So please continue! It is your mouth and MB

38. jhennique

March 2, 2015 at 4:05 pm

woman be quiet abeg! shwuuuu

39. Koffie

March 2, 2015 at 4:35 pm

All the negativity going on here is disturbing. See people already prophesying the doom of her marriage just because she doesn’t adhere to your popular rule of privacy. This is a very bad trend, it makes some come off as bitter, but what about?
    We can hold on to things too tightly, if it doesn’t work eventually? At least she gave it her best shot and made wonderful memories. Why should she be afraid of living her love life the way she deems fit just because something could go wrong? Some people are more predisposed to PDA and it doesn’t make the rest of us private wagon better than them or more likely to spend forever with our spouses than they are.
    Ndo, it won’t kill to be happy for people once in a while or at least keep it moving with the predictions of the end of her marriage. She didn’t beg/pay bella to post stuff from her insta. Its her own insta people

40. Koffie

March 2, 2015 at 4:36 pm

*can’t*

41. oy

March 3, 2015 at 9:50 am

small god kwa?na wa o
    also, you’d like to start “these Piece”??????????????