News

Lagos Pastor Files for Divorce after Wife Cheats on Him with Another Pastor

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

A Lagos-based pastor, Jack*, on Tuesday pleaded with an Orile Agege Customary Court to dissolve his marriage as a result of his wife’s alleged adultery and desertion.

Jack, 49, told the court that his wife, Kate* had an affair with his pastor-friend whom he invited for a church programme, Daily Independent reports. According to him, Kate subsequently left their matrimonial home since 2011 and has not returned.

Giving his account, Jack stated:

“When my pastor-friend came to Lagos on my invitation for our church programme, I noticed how my wife was admiring him which made me to suspect a foul play. After the pastor had returned to his base in Ibadan, my wife was nowhere to be found in Lagos, so I traced her to Ibadan and met her with the pastor.

Before she left finally in 2011, whenever she left the house in the morning, she would only return late in the night, she was not taking care of me and my family. She would not welcome my family members anytime they come to our house, she did not take care of my mother when she was sick for four years until the woman died.

The worst of it is that she denied me sex before she left but I maintained my integrity not to commit adultery.

I reported her to her mother but instead for my wife to heed the counsel of her mother, she chose to fight me, he said.”

According to reports, Kate has refused to show up for the fifth hearing. Court officials instructed the bailiff to serve her the court order again.

The case has been adjourned till March 23 for further hearing.

Photo Credit: Christy Thompson/Dreamstime.com (*Photo is for illustrative purposes only*)

*Aliases have been used to protect the individuals’ identities*

1. Funmi

March 12, 2015 at 1:17 pm

This is so disgraceful! She opted for a bigger “anointing” to take her to another level of grace. Wonders will never cease

2. Zeal

March 12, 2015 at 1:32 pm

Gbagaun!!!!!

3. ssah

March 12, 2015 at 1:53 pm

lol, see gobe!!!! may we always choose our partners correctly and wisely

4. tish

March 12, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Everyone answers pastor nowadays. Spend a few hours with some of them, then you’ll realise that it’s more of a nickname than it is the true sense of the word. By their fruits, you shall know them.

5. chi-e-z

March 12, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Sorry but he reported her to his mother?… The way this man is talking he sounds like a real idiot. I hate sexist and even more especially stupid people. So he’s saying it was her job and not his as the woman’s son to take care of his mother. Honestly, mothers have to teach their sons to be self reliant before he end up can’t cook 4 himself or even take care of you. It’s just now since 2011 he get sense to file for divorce. of course he stayed “faithfull” what woman would want a complete moron like that mschew…

• dee

March 12, 2015 at 2:37 pm

As if motherinlaws are easy to serve

• Tantra

March 12, 2015 at 2:50 pm

He reported her to her own mother.

• Controversial

March 12, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Chiez, d hot sun wey dey for town dey worry your head?
      Sexist oshi
      read again before you comment abi u no do comprehension for school
      Always looking for a way to nail men to d cross
      You no see any bad thing the accused (both) committed.

So to be faithful and stay without cheating makes him a moron?
      Your head don crack
      comot for my screen jor

• stas

March 12, 2015 at 3:19 pm

osheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

6. sika

March 12, 2015 at 2:49 pm

I’d like to hear the woman’s side of the story, All these Nigerian men that cheat day in day out…once a woman cheats they cant take it and start to make noise. hiss…please how is it your wife’s job to care for your sick mother? is she a carer? what happened to you taking care of your mother? or it isnt masculine to do so? sick of this chauvinistic society. nonsense. Guy abeg move on.

7. keechi

March 12, 2015 at 2:51 pm

The other Pastor sef no try. They invited to you to come preach the word and direct souls to salvation. Instead you came and performed signs and wonders on the church’s first lady. #diarisGodoh

8. Controversial

March 12, 2015 at 3:04 pm

Things dey happen
    something dey happen
    wahala dey
    No one is loyal and faithful again (men & women)
    Sodom & Gomorrah generation!

9. Drknite

March 12, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Pastor, I’m sure there is a fable minded lamb in your flock who is willing to replace your wife. She might even take care of you and give you all the booty you desire.

10. oy

March 12, 2015 at 3:20 pm

heheheheheheheheheh @keechi

11. hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

March 12, 2015 at 3:31 pm

What a tale. Seems like there is more to the story though.

12. @edDREAMZ

March 12, 2015 at 4:04 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Some script writers should take up this project bcos it will make up a gud movie no doubt….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

13. Anon

March 12, 2015 at 4:57 pm

‘The worst of it is that she denied me sex…’
    Hehehe, the sex denial is even worse than the wife not taking care of his ill mother.

14. Nia

March 12, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Sign of end times

15. Maye

March 12, 2015 at 8:50 pm

God .they’re both shameless and lack morals,wonder what he’ll be preaching to his congregation, fake pastor.

16. Mabel

March 12, 2015 at 10:42 pm

He was married to a stranger and in a one sided relationship. This act of betrayal is very hard to take, but sounds like she was not into him or the marriage. Probably just married to him so she can say she is a pastor’s wife and nothing more. I feel for your bro, at least God will never desert you.

17. Kay

March 12, 2015 at 11:30 pm

People , let’s hold our peace until we hear from the woman.do not judge until you hear from both parties.the first to report may not always be the one telling the whole truth.(take note I said the WHOLE truth).

18. Next pls!

March 13, 2015 at 1:38 pm

What is news in this story?

19. Tee

April 23, 2015 at 4:08 pm

I’m very sorry for the Pastor. The second Pastor just wants a go at her. She will be dumped very soon.

20. Tee

April 23, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Men notice most of time how cheap we fall into their hands.

21. Slava

June 21, 2016 at 1:30 pm

I can intercept WhatsApp, Viber, SMS, Calls, Phone Book etc with SpyToMobile. This app is cheaper than others. If you want to find out if somebody is cheating on you or not – Welcome to SpyToMobile 🙂