News

Meet the Shortlisted Couples for the ‘Share a Coke at my Wedding’ Competition & Read Their Exciting Love Stories!

Coca-Cola has announced the top 5 shortlisted entries for its Share a Coke at my Wedding competition. The shortlist was selected from a large pool of entries after a prolonged two-week submission period.

Which lucky couple will win 30 cases of personalized Coke with their names on it for their big day plus an all expense pre-wedding photo shoot by celebrity wedding photographer, Jide Odukoya?

Read their exciting love stories below:

Kaycie & Bethel

Kaycie and Bethel

My husband-to-be and I are set to travel to Enugu in early June.  He will be reuniting with family after years in South Africa and I will be meeting my future in-laws and visiting Nigeria for the first time!  When I landed in South Africa last year, set to work as a missionary, I had no idea I’d meet the love of my life there, but lucky I found Bethel waiting.

On a Sunday evening last October, I sat sobbing in the back seat of my car, trying to pull myself together enough to drive home.  I watched people passing by, for what must have been hours since Bethel managed to stroll by twice, but on his second pass we made eye contact and I thought it might be nice to have a friend in my sadness, so I motioned him over from across the path.  We spent the rest of the evening together, and that’s history, now, 7 months later, we’re getting married!

He’s my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first everything and I couldn’t be happier.

Given that I’m from the United States and he is from Nigeria, we have an uphill battle ahead of us with immigration.  We are to be wed in Enugu on June 12th and I’m sad to say that I’ll be returning to the United States in July without my husband while we finalize paperwork.

We won’t be having a big wedding in Nigeria, because our families are at such distance, but having professional photos and personalized Coke would be a sweet addition to our plans.

When I found this contest I laughed because of how perfect it was for us.

Almost daily I ask Bethel to fetch me Coke Zero on his way home; it’s my obvious drink of choice.

Blessing & Jay

Blessing & Jay

It started from Facebook….

The Meeting!

We met in July 2008, on Facebook… talked for about 3 months and drifted apart. He contacted me again in July 9th, 2014, on Facebook, out of the blues, when he came to Nigeria. We met up 2 days after, talked at length and by the next day we had decided to give dating a try. Everything clicked and felt right, even though I hated Long Distance Relationships (LDR).

Coincidentally, I was travelling to London on the 13th, 2 days after we met and he was going back on the 14th.  On that trip I met his family and friends.

We depend hugely on video calls, we are either on Skype, FaceTime, Viber or Tango (I have them all. Lol) in the Morning before work and at Night, every day. We also chat on BBM or WhatsApp and phone calls during the day, so we are in constant communication.

The Proposal

Well, from when we started dating we knew we wanted to be together. That was why on my trip, I met his family even though we hadn’t even been together for up to 2 weeks at that point. Every month our relationship got older, he reaffirmed to me again how much he can’t wait to make me his wife. However, he planned with my sister to give me a ring on my birthday (in March, our 8th month Anniversary ) but that didn’t pan out, Luckily I traveled to meet him at that time for my birthday, so we ended up picking a ring together.

Our wedding is set for July 3rd & 4th, 2015

Olanrewaju & Oluwaseun

Olanrewaju & Oluwaseun

Olanrewaju came into my life at a point when I had given up totally on love and marriage. We met online, a singles group on bbm. He would call me and chat me up several times in a day (meeehnn, he could talk! Lol).

We met physically for the first time on 30th Dec, 2013 and that was the day I fell in love with him.

He proposed on my father’s 16th year anniversary remembrance (2-11-14) in the presence of my family. It was so magical.

We were already planning our introduction for 13th Dec, 2014 and I was worried he was never going to pop the question. I disturbed him about it but I always met a brick wall so I gave up.

He went down on one knee and I remember seeing his lips move but I heard nothing. I remember flying into his arms and kissing him and screaming YES!

Our wedding is fixed for 13th of June 2015 and I couldn’t have asked for a better man to spend the rest of my life with.

I love him so much and I will never give up on us.

Niyi & Toyin

Niyi & Toyin

Niyi and I have been together since 2012 after meeting randomly through another friend. We have spent almost two years apart with us seeing each other like once or twice during the year depending on who flew to see the other (I lived in the US and he in Abuja).

Initially, we were both interested in hanging out with each other for our own selfish reasons. Niyi’s being for boredom and mine for free food and not staying indoors. Lol. He even said he wasn’t interested in getting married. I was like, ‘Well! That works for me too brah!’

After our first hangout session, we started hanging out more and more often. Then it became every day and Niyi would literally pick me up every day after work. We loved spending time together. Then came Christmas (2011) and Niyi had to go spend it with his family in Lagos, leaving me all alone in Abuja. I missed him so much and the feeling was mutual for him too and he promised he would come right back after Christmas because we missed each other.

When he came back we continued spending so much time together but never really committed to each other. It took a sneaky move by Niyi’s friend who tried to woo me (Toyin) while he was parading me as “just my friend,” to make him realize that he had with me the real deal. I’m so happy we have made it through all the loneliness and uncertainties of long distance relationships and will be saying “I do” on June 6th, 2015 in Lagos.

Wedding Website: www.niyiandtoyin2015.com

Chioma & Bae

Chioma & Bae

Our love story began in our university days (2010); I was in second year and he was in his finals. On that fateful day, I headed down to the lecture hall to study for my exams. As I sat down, I ordered for groundnut, plantain chips, pear and other chops not knowing that my future was seated right behind me.

Anyway, as I continued to “form” as an over-serious student with all the chops still in front of me (lol), he tapped me and asked if I had a pen, I nodded and with my reading before I knew what was happening he was already seated beside me. I felt a little uncomfortable but with time I found myself conversing seriously with him, we exchanged numbers later and as they say, the rest was history

After his internship, he came and picked me from school to visit my parents, on our way we had a fatal accident, and we were rushed to the hospital. I sustained a little injury, but he was in a critical condition and was moved to an intensive care unit, while I was discharged from the hospital.

I visited the hospital everyday but I only saw him through a glass door. One day, one of the nurses came and started asking of me, I was surprised, she said that he (my fiancé) wouldn’t stop asking or me and that  he has refused taking his drugs too, so they had to bring me in to see him, I was filled with joy and I knew what was happening, he brought out his ring and proposed right there in front of the nurses, I said “Yes”  and broke down in tears, then he said “Chioma, I will love you forever”.

Make that couple’s dream come true by voting on Coca-Cola’s Facebook page. All you have to do is ‘like’; ‘share’ or ‘comment’ on the story you feel deserves to win. Shortlisted couples can also stand a better chance of winning by getting your friends and family voting!

The winning couple will be the one with the most fan action on their story/post. Voting starts now and will close midnight June 4th.

For more information, visit www.shareacoke.com.ng.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Advertorial – Sponsored Content

1. Tkum

May 28, 2015 at 4:56 pm

o wow!! June 12th…my birthday! o yea Kaycie You know what? i wish you a wonderful marriage and togetherness with your spouse and a long life and prosperous Marriage.

2. Tkum

May 28, 2015 at 5:02 pm

between Chioma and Bae’s love story sounds much like nollywood romance movies…

3. Sisi

May 28, 2015 at 5:06 pm

I love the first story, may the best couple win though.

4. honeymix...

May 28, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Chioma and Bae’s story is IT.

5. Gistyinka Blog

May 28, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Hmmm very interesting set of people, Goodluck to you guys….

6. fineola

May 28, 2015 at 5:14 pm

The first couple though. Let me sip my tea as I wait for comments to roll in.

7. glowwy

May 28, 2015 at 5:17 pm

The first couple tho, sorry to say, I see a little red flag. I like the last couple more sha, HML to all of u.

8. Ebony

May 28, 2015 at 5:23 pm

Chioma & Bae? Like the name is really bae?
    Ok bye

9. Aniwura

May 28, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Cheers to all couples… that photo of Blessing & Jay is just so wow!

10. @edDREAMZ

May 28, 2015 at 5:32 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    All i can say is that someone is looking for green card thats all i knw….. Chioma for me though….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

11. ngozi Offor

May 28, 2015 at 5:41 pm

This is a perfect couple to be. The fact that chioma did not abandon bae in d hospital is awesome. Where I come from, we believe so much on superstition, it was possible for both families to think & convince the two that the accident on a particular day bae want to Chioma’s parents was a VERY BAD OMEN. I salute Chioma’s courage to have stood by her man in the condition he was in the hospital. They deserve the coke crown.

12. bunmi

May 28, 2015 at 5:44 pm

I neva ready to marry

13. le coco

May 28, 2015 at 5:52 pm

@glowwy.. i see the red flag too.. not saying all naija guys r like that… but ehn.. i live in SA.. nd it jst sounds weird…but i wish them the best…. i luv the last couple..

14. Abena

May 28, 2015 at 5:55 pm

The first couple tho: Brother man aint dulling,he saw a meal ticket and grabbed it!The white girl too,how can you be in a car crying and beckon a guy on the street over? *sideeye*
    I like Niyi and Toyin

15. Gbemi

May 28, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Thought I was the only one feeling a little different about the first story .. Anyways not my cup of tea .. Can’t judge . .. But madam shine your eyes

16. Aibee

May 28, 2015 at 6:42 pm

That Chioma & Bae story sha! Dude is really romantic. He had the ring with him for days in the ICU after having a fatal accident. How sweet!

I love Kaycie & Bethel’s story and I pray it’s the real deal.

17. Duchess Maria

May 28, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Chioma and Bae’s story is really cute.

I hope that first couple is genuine and the man isn’t looking for green card. BN please don’t use this comment to fry akara o.

18. Mary O

May 28, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Niyi and Toyin!

• ada

May 29, 2015 at 1:12 am

Exactly they are it for me! There’s so much sincerity in their story n prolly sounds like a story of me n my big head…his hatred for boredom and my long throat for coke n pure heaven brought us together…

19. Ewurafua

May 28, 2015 at 8:07 pm

To the First Lady, Kaycie:
    Without sounding pessimistic, I would ask you to really examine this relationship, because it looks like you may be in for a big shocker! Everything about your story sounds like you are being taken for a ride. Please don’t forget that spotting vulnerability is a scammer’s best trait. Maybe I’m not too hopeful because I just read a story on LIB about a lady who thought she had met Prince Charming, only for him to to confess 3 years later that he had only married her for a green card in the UK. This Coke thing may be a blessing in disguise, because you have someone to advice you.

• Annienonymous

May 29, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Green card in the UK? #okbye

20. honey

May 28, 2015 at 8:22 pm

I vote for Chioma and Bae jor. That story is touching.

The first story. Madam, shine ya eye cos “opolo eye no be open eye”. i rest my case before i pour san san for somborry’s garri.

21. Author Unknown

May 28, 2015 at 8:27 pm

Hmm. Bethel. How about you offer to move to Enugu for life, and then watch Kaycie and his family’s reaction? Anyhow, I wish all the couples a blissful one.

22. Kiiki

May 28, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Kayciee, if you get to read this, please, take a STEP back and evaluate your planned marriage. Something seems off! We are Nigerians and we are only looking out for you!!!!

23. Me

May 29, 2015 at 12:50 am

Nigerians can be evil people! You just sat there and assumed that Bethel is using Kaycie?? You don’t even know these people and you are making all these assumptions concerning their relationship??? God forbid!! Kaycie and Bethel, I do not know you guys but I wish you all well as you become man and wife. Enjoy your Union.

24. lacey

May 29, 2015 at 6:41 am

I do not see how Kaycie is taking Bethel for a ride! Go and see people with greencard and citizenship homeless in America! If God is not leading you to any Country,then do no bother! That is how Nigerians will do anything to get paper! If you like get citizenship and no proper qualification! Now still menial job you go do!

25. le coco

May 29, 2015 at 10:02 am

@lacey… yes nigerians get green card and are homless.. bt this guy is going with her.. going to join her family.. leach off of them.. (im nt saying thts wht they all do)… but the whole thing is weird.. @abena.. i totally feel you sister *chop knuckle*.. the woman sef is shady.. what were you looking for that you motioned a random man to you? really? in this SA weh i deh? na sooo…

26. Jhennique

May 29, 2015 at 3:50 pm

lol. Story one seems really suspicious. Why were you sobbing? Why did u think a strange man will be the best choice for a friend at that moment? Why was he passing your front anyhow? why was he making eye contact? please where is hot water. Been long iv been craving this green tea

27. Kelly Okafor

May 30, 2015 at 10:11 pm

Blessing and jay for me . They deserve d coke crown

28. Wendyokafor

May 31, 2015 at 6:51 am

Blessing and jay all the way,vote for them pls

29. Iyun

June 1, 2015 at 11:39 am

Toyin and Niyi all the way, love their story.. Boredom & longer throat brought them together, looool… Bethal n Kaycie sha, it is well… Wish all of them HML