News

Shocking! Bulgarian Nurse Caught on Video Punching Newborn Baby

Child Abuse

There are some really evil people in this world. Why would anyone want to beat up a newborn baby?

A video of a Bulgarian nurse named Emiliya Kovacheva punching a 4-day-old baby, Nicole, has gone viral.

She reportedly assaulted the baby because she wouldn’t settle down and be quiet.

Nicole suffered terrible injuries as a result of the abuse. Doctors feared she would not make it, however; she pulled through, Radar reports.

Kovacheva is a mother.

Reports state that when Kovacheva was first confronted about the incident, she denied it. But when she was shown the video, she confessed to committing the terrible act, stating that she did it because she was frustrated that the baby didn’t fall asleep, and she didn’t want to her to wake the other newborns who were sleeping peacefully.

Kovacheva is facing charges of attempted murder. If convicted, she faces 20 years behind bars.
Her attorneys are pushing for the charge to be lowered to inflicting grievous bodily harm.

Moremi Elekwachi is a Brand Communications expert with over 13 years of experience both locally and internationally. She is the CEO of Euphorique PR, a full-service Public Relations & Marketing Communications agency that helps clients achieve maximum visibility and impact through innovative strategies that cut through the noise. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from the University of Georgia, and a Master’s Degree in Marketing Communications from the University of Southern California, in addition to a certification in Integrated Brand Experience from Orange Academy. Prior to establishing Euphorique PR, she worked at prestigious media companies including Wondros (Los Angeles, CA), Wildflower PR, and BellaNaija, where she served as Assistant Editor and Business Development Manager.

1. Yinda

May 14, 2015 at 9:11 pm

And that is the ”DEVIL” in human form.

2. @edDREAMZ

May 14, 2015 at 9:14 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    a woman for that matter and look at her stupid excuse…. 40yrs should have been her punishment i swear…….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

3. Sunshine

May 14, 2015 at 9:19 pm

OK bodily harm it will be, but still get 20 years in jail. Period

4. bruno FIERCE

May 14, 2015 at 9:26 pm

I can’t bring myself to watch the video, I just can’t.

• Sisieko

May 15, 2015 at 8:50 am

Same here! I remember watching a similar video a few years ago and I still haven’t gotten over it.

5. Self-Sufficient

May 14, 2015 at 9:36 pm

I can’t even click play to watch the video. Punching a 4 day old baby? Now, I see why some mothers prefer homebirths…

6. Lola

May 14, 2015 at 10:07 pm

This is why in Canada the newborns are kept with their mothers, you can’t trust people in this day and age. It is a shame that a nurse who is supposed to care for patients can do such a thing.

• Shandi

May 15, 2015 at 12:22 am

NOT all new born babies are kept with their Mom’s in all hospitals in Canada. I know for a fact that is untrue. The way some of you generalize is alarming.

This post:
      I know very well, I cannot and will not have the heart to watch the video. This life, I truly don’t understand.

• Lola

May 15, 2015 at 5:41 pm

I am aware sick babies are kept in NICU

7. LotusFlower

May 14, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Wow. I screamed! This lady is sick! Of course the baby won’t stop crying when you are beating her continuously. Wicked wicked woman.

8. Ok /Clo

May 14, 2015 at 10:43 pm

(I want to cry but the tears could’t come down)

No wonder I cried the entire 6hrs after giving birth to my daughter while she stayed at Nursery. Nothing like a REAL Mother’s true care. ;(

9. Free mind

May 14, 2015 at 10:58 pm

am speechless, is this real????????????? Better not

10. cindy

May 14, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Stupid stupid woman

11. nene+

May 14, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Does this woman know the effort it takes to get children?

Does she know the number of IUI and IVF mothers do to conceive?

Does she know how many times women trying to conceive weep secretly?

Does she know how many folic acid,prenatal mothers swallow to conceive and then battle miscarriage to get that baby to that stage?

This woman is mean!!!!why hit her and why on the head??? does she want to kill her and cry trauma or jaundice to the mother???

Oh mine! really pained at this inhumanity to an innocent child! Is she barren or been abandoned by family? Some of these sensitive workers should be subjected to psychiatric test periodically.

Hey people i have noticed my nanny with children or married without children are very mean to my children. Have you guys noticed it or is it just with me? The single not desperate to marry young ladies do better for me.

No mother will be happy with this and really how come she is the only lady there?

I really don’t know but in US they take children after birth to the nursery and even circumcised them in mothers absence.

Thank God this evil woman was caught! you can imagine how many other children she has treated this way.

12. Talk

May 15, 2015 at 4:10 am

I was avoiding watching this video since its been circulating but i just did.. Ha, am glad it has no sound

They need to hand her over to ISIS let them throw her off a building and stone her all the way down

13. oyin

May 15, 2015 at 5:25 am

God forbid evil! I had my baby and they were instructed not to take my son away from my site, my husband followed them everywhere for circumcision and all other tests were done in my room. Mothers in the US can also document a birth plan and ensure its followed, that allows for a lawsuit if they deviate from documented wishes. This woman should rut in jail then hell fire

14. cheryl

May 15, 2015 at 7:48 am

MY GOD!!!!!!, dis made tears roll from my eyes, why so evil, and she is a woman ooo, even if she has neva had a child, she knws d pain mothers go tru to giv birth, haaaa, she deserves more purnishment mbok, mothers cant even stand any1 beating up their grown ups withou remindin u of d pain of labor room, and here is a monster beating up a new born…. God pls av mercy and protect our newborns all ova d world from dis devils agents, chai… dis jst changed my mood right now

15. Lady Tee

May 15, 2015 at 8:52 am

This is evil, I can’t even watch the video to the end. The problem starts when you go for nursing for the salary and not because you like it.

16. Mother

May 15, 2015 at 11:20 am

Pls if u r a mum don’t watch it, I haven’t stopped crying, I luk at my kids n I keep crying. It’s so heart breaking, …I can not understand her reasons for doing this. She should know better dat new New borns cry a lot becos of der tummy or they r simply hungry pr they just want some warmth… Why , oh why ? God pls rain down ur wrath on this evil thing dat calls herself a woman, becos she is a disgrace to her generation …

17. wunmi

May 15, 2015 at 1:55 pm

I just wish dat Rapture could just happen. There is so much evil in ds World. Infact, words failed me.

18. joy

May 15, 2015 at 2:01 pm

that is hw all these so called nurses go about killing innocent new born babies in hospitals, God keep saving kids from the hands of these demons in whites who call themselves nurses, am a victim of their carelessness, lost my baby as a result, ve not been able to get over it even though its over a year.

19. Ada Nnewi

May 15, 2015 at 3:12 pm

They should just kill her slowly…

20. Tamia

May 15, 2015 at 3:38 pm

The sad truth is this is not the first time she does it. They were reason this camera was install. Think of all the other victims we don’t know about. She deserve death row.

21. Suzee

May 15, 2015 at 7:17 pm

No, this is EVIL!! She should be killed. The ease with which she hit the poor unprotected child……
    Sometimes that death penalty, though barbaric, makes absolute sense….
    Couldn’t even finish watching.