Music

Chris Brown Wants You to Know He Loves Hard, ‘Everyone Goes through Something’ & He Still Loves Karrueche

Chris BrownChris Brown has definitely had a difficult time with love and romance in the past few months and while he’s trying to fix things with ex Karrueche Tran (click here if you missed it) he is also balancing work and raising his daughter, Royalty.

He shared on Instagram:

I work hard but I love harder. I remember when I was nobody to the world and determination and drive helped achieve my goals. Just remember, everyone goes through something. The real test is standing up straight and gravitate to positive people.

In an interview with Ryan Seacrest recently, he also talks about how it has been raising his daughter and more. Read excerpts below.

On his daughter Royalty and being a father: “There comes a time when people kind of have to grow up and become more of an adult and take on different responsibilities. I think this was just a blessing in disguise with my daughter because I get a chance to look at her and teach her the right path and also be a father in my daughter’s life. Just to see a smile on her face — just to see the littlest thing — it’s emotional for me, so I just love that aspect of just being able to, you know, be a father now.”

On Royalty having play dates with North West & other Hollywood kids: “She only has seen King, my godson, Tyga’s son. When I get my daughter, I only get her every other week — so most of the time, it’s daddy-daughter time. Hopefully in the future we can do play dates with other Hollywood kids *laughs*”

On whether or not Karrueche is in his future: “Well, you know — I’m gonna be honest and be a man about it. I’m just going to take it one day at a time. I can’t promise anything. I can’t, you know, jump over the moon. It takes time [to heal] all wounds. I take full responsibility for my actions and things that I’ve done in the past. I just feel like – it’s a time thing. There’s still love there. I’m not a hateful person, you know. Of course, I still love her. But mentally right now, everything takes time. I just need to focus on being the best father I can be.”

Listen to the interview below:

1. A Real Nigerian

June 10, 2015 at 12:47 pm

I really don’t get it. What is so special about Chris Brown? Yes, he has good looks – nothing special, just good – and brain-dead girls will drool over that.
    But what else? He’s just an average singer, average lyricist, average dancer. I don’t understand.

• Sade

June 10, 2015 at 1:06 pm

You’ve just come to spew hate today haven’t you

• OhPlease

June 10, 2015 at 1:31 pm

oh noo you again

• keeks

June 10, 2015 at 1:45 pm

I feel you. His ex was there for fame. No wonder he treated her like that. To top it all. His baby mama was friends with his then girlfriend. But still somehow somehow she will run back to him. C’est la vie

2. Ab

June 10, 2015 at 1:04 pm

If he was just average hunny…don’t think he would have achieved what he has to date…so there must be smth pretty special about homeboy…thing Is, it is hard growing up in front of d world…u are judged harder and literally not given d chance to learn and grow ….as for girls choosing to love him…well they must see a side to him that perphaps the world does not see…I hope he finds true love someday maybe not with Karuche…there’s too much hurt goin on there…!

3. tomnmenace

June 10, 2015 at 1:05 pm

”I’m just going to take it one day at a time. I can’t promise anything”

Vain!

4. Akinola

June 10, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I totally disagree with the first person that comment. When it comes to music, only few musicians can beat chris brown. Chris brown is just a genius

5. Ochouba Chidinma

June 10, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Indeed It takes time [to heal] all wounds……hmmmmm!

6. keeks

June 10, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Chris abeg abeg what is it? Are you the first one to go through a breakup. And that girl too attention seeking ah ah. You too carried your head and dated someone that clearly had no respect for his mother and “Allegedly beat his ex”

• Young and Confused

June 10, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Hiya Keeks.. my sincere apologies yeah, but I just had to reply you… I hate to say it Bubba.. But C.B is love struck… And when a guy TRULY loves a geh yeah.. I mean Truly… its kinda hard to pull away from her.. Regardless how we try to be all gangster and shi :).. when most of us love… we love Deep.. 🙁 Cheers. P.S: Maybe its just cause aYam scorpio sha…

• Bruness

June 11, 2015 at 1:34 am

Hiya young and confused, ayam a Scorpio too but sadly I don’t get it. This back and forth drama is just getting me all dizzy. Can they just get on with their lives, we don’t always spend forever with our so called true love!!!! P.S: Remember scorpios love and hate hard, they’re loyal but when trust is breached there are two things, they walk and never look back or they come for your head. So pardon me if I get where keeks is coming from!!!!!

• keeks

June 11, 2015 at 8:01 am

Yes o young and confused. I get when you are truly in love. But it makes no sense when you claim love and you sleep with my friend and have a baby with her. Now who knows how many more of “my friends” you slept with during our relationship. Its best to pick yourself up and keep moving

7. keeks

June 10, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Akinola. Chris is far from a genius. What new sounds has he come out with that hasn’t been there before. What moves has he made that usher and Micheal Jackson haven’t done? Like he wouldn’t be missed if he decided to stop.

8. Confuzzled

June 10, 2015 at 2:11 pm

He has a self destructive personality plain and simple… he won’t last long if he doesn’t seek serious mental help.

9. onetallgirl

June 10, 2015 at 3:46 pm

I like Chris Brown as a musician , but he needs to stop acting like he loved this Karrueche girl because if you love a woman like you say you do, you would not go behind her back and have a baby with someone else.

• keeks

June 11, 2015 at 8:02 am

Abi! Its like he can treat his girl anyhow because he is Chris brown. You play with fire you get burnt

10. le coco

June 10, 2015 at 5:44 pm

BIA!!! this man cannot handle the fact that he was dumped.. would he be running after karaka-smtin if rihanna was available. so because rihanna is with that benzema guy now he remembers that he loves d is girl.. ABEG park well.. no b only you sabi form

11. Lilo

June 11, 2015 at 3:55 am

He doesn’t love karruche. He is just mad he didn’t break it of and that she had the effrontery to dump him. If she takes him back, he will dump her shortly after. Narcissists like CB have to be the dumper, not the dumpee (dumped)