Scoop

IK Ogbonna Reflects on how he came to Lagos in a Night Bus with N4000 in his Pocket plus Strong Determination & Faith

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Ik OgbonnaIK Ogbonna has grown in the past couple of years.

The model, actor and media personality recently got a deal with Coca Cola and while on set for Iyanya’s latest video, he took a moment to reflect on how far he has come.

He shared a photo of himself with Iyanya and Ubi Franklin and captioned:

‘I came to Lagos all the way from Jos (Plateau state) in a night bus … N4000 in my pocket and strong determination&faith (Y’all can imagine that journey lol) All I knew was one thing and that remained my driving force: “Success was not an option,It was a dare and I was willing to achieve it”. On this road to the top I met a few people at the bottom, I watched them become great men – not by crook, but by the hook to their craft @ubifranklintriplemg and @iyanya. Trust me these guys have come along way to where they are today . I am so proud of them, they are living proof that it’s possible #NeverGiveUp#Focus #brtb. Billion reasons to believe.

Photo Credit: Instagram/ikogbonna

1. chinenye

June 17, 2015 at 11:30 am

all this artistes are claimin jos.tuface psquare mikel M I jesse jagz dem na wao

2. bruno FIERCE

June 17, 2015 at 11:37 am

didn’t you sleep your way to the top. or you think because you’re a man it is not shameful to sleep with women on your way to the top. you’re a slut.

I have a strong dislike for this man. I have decided to stop drinking coke because coca Cola were stupid enough to make this vapid, narcissist of a man their brand ambassador.

pepsi, viju milk, where u at.

• aaewhy

June 17, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Lmao so because of IK u stopped drinking coke ok now

• Zeb

June 17, 2015 at 10:48 pm

LMAOooooo Bruno u r such a clown

• abby

June 17, 2015 at 10:58 pm

He didn’t only sleep with women,he slept with me too…..

• abby

June 17, 2015 at 10:59 pm

Lol…men* sorry…..lmao

• Esora

June 18, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Bruno, easy na. First UTI now him, no vex just bcos you didn’t have a chance with them and they don’t like boys.

3. charles

June 17, 2015 at 11:49 am

Oh yeah! When small change enter their hand, they begin to tell us tales of how they hawked pure water along benin-ore road. . .

4. Mystique

June 17, 2015 at 11:55 am

I’m sorry but for some reason i just don’t like this guy……….something about him seems off to me. #plsdontabuseme #myopinion #thankyou

• geeeeeee

June 17, 2015 at 12:10 pm

@Mystique and Bruno, who asked if you like the guy or not and who cares…

5. Niola

June 17, 2015 at 12:06 pm

ahhh, for some reason i thought he trekked from the US…oh well i guess not

• Missy j

June 17, 2015 at 2:19 pm

Me I thought he wanted to ask for clothing allowance.

6. iyayu

June 17, 2015 at 12:31 pm

all u broke ass’d jobless pple be hating. leme mk it easy fr u Do ya own n tell us ur own Stroy biko. if he slept his way up nko? ehh go n sleep ur own. @IK i feel wat ur tlkin abt bro #respect

7. Moet

June 17, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Something really unsettling about this guy and his poses are just …. (cant find da word)

8. leo

June 17, 2015 at 12:40 pm

This is what they call local champion. Your life savings is somebody’s tithe, spare us you’re not there yet.

9. posjj

June 17, 2015 at 1:09 pm

hmmm and u just happened to achieve success in a very short period of time.,, sounds very fishy

10. Nma

June 17, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Thank God for u Ik. But pls loosen up #forced fashionista.

11. Cynthia

June 17, 2015 at 1:31 pm

…………and giving sofia belle to carry for me without marrying her. God is good. Halleluyah. SHior

12. Dinky

June 17, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Who is this dude????*eyes rolling*too many wannabes!!!!!

13. Olori Tari

June 17, 2015 at 1:43 pm

WELDONE for doing well for yourself legitimately. Ever so proud of people who look back and acknowledge their growth! especially when it’s ‘small’ to people , since they can define people’s growth and know who has arrived or not! Whether we like it or not, somebody who moved from crayfish and stew because of struggle to Titus and stew has upgraded! Congratulobia… Wish you more growth!

• akissi

June 17, 2015 at 3:09 pm

@ olori tari your analysis is funny abeg. upgraded to crayfish and stew. My american colleagues never understand when i laugh so hard and they can’t undertstand what my darling pipo are talking about but it really makes my day. Ps this IK guy sha…if you look in the dicco for the meaning of razz local champion it is IK ogbonna. heavy okoro feeling funky

14. Paloma

June 17, 2015 at 1:45 pm

just reading comments….. funny comments

15. Bisi

June 17, 2015 at 2:20 pm

I Dont HATE too but ever since i started noticing this guy, thereis just something unsettlin about him. Im thankful that its not only me that have noticed *PHEW*
    I think its because hes quite new in the scene, and he kinda stardom from Nowhere.

16. oyko

June 17, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Ika la won commenters yi sha..
    ah ahn

17. Ab

June 17, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Something about him to me that is off too! Weldone dear but ps go away!!!

18. me

June 17, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Glorified success is more than this nonsense you think you have achieved…. why I’m I so upset… I had to even comment twice, I doubt God will be happy, lol. Mtchewww hmmmm anyway I no blame you 1k to a Jo’s boy na 100k to a Lagos boy…. Patoranking is a definition of success and not you

19. Jane

June 17, 2015 at 6:43 pm

i love this guy..thumbs up bro keep the flag flying. Haters when would you stop? at least be happy for him phbtttt jealousy ppl all over, loku loku

20. nene

June 17, 2015 at 8:18 pm

isn’t he a gigolo? i heard that’s what he was doing before he dabbled into acting.

21. ELIHU

June 17, 2015 at 10:11 pm

i guess one has to have a REALLY CLEAN REPUTATION before coming to BELLA NAIJA to ADVISE us on LIFE or SUCCESS because NIGERIANS are ready TO FALL ANYBODY HAND HERE!!!

22. nnenne

June 17, 2015 at 11:03 pm

How do people hate someone they have not lived with before?
    What happened to individuality, tolerance and accepting others for who they are?
    Could jealousy be the reason?
    If it’s not Toke, it’s I K Ogbonna..
    Na waa!

23. leslie

June 18, 2015 at 7:55 am

Why is it Nigerians always feel “I have arrived” too early. This guy has just done just few local movies and he couldn’t shut up his mouth, some of us doing our private business is making more than his entire life-savings . You are not there yet bro, no hard feelings, but someone is acting in blockbuster movies in Hollywood

24. Maryanne

July 25, 2020 at 10:46 am

Life has its way of playing with people.