Scoop

Nollywood Actress Ruth Kadiri Has Decided ‘Once I clock 30 and I’m not married I’m having a baby’

Ruth KadiriThe baby fever is certainly going round and it looks like Nollywood actress Ruth Kadiri has caught the bug.

She shared a recent decision of hers with her fans on Instagram this afternoon saying ‘And so I’ve decided. Once I clock 30 and am not married, am having a BABY. #wisdom is the principal thing.’

We hear you!

Photo Credit: Instagram/ruthkadiri

1. Nia

June 3, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Lwkmd Aunty but you have clocked if not passed that age mark now so this your talk get k-leg oh you are talking about your stage age not official okkkkk now i get eet

2. nne007

June 3, 2015 at 7:45 pm

We don hear…… Na u sabi

3. Khloe

June 3, 2015 at 7:47 pm

You’re gradually becoming ‘unbecoming’! Just be careful what you wish for

4. bruno FIERCE

June 3, 2015 at 7:50 pm

RECKLESS and desperate.
    ur goal is to be a baby mama at 30. shameful and pathetic.

what a very reckless silly woman, I pity that child.

I feel sorry for that unborn child, to be born to such a stupid reckless woman like this.

pls no man in nigeria should sleep with this woman. u are a disgrace to womanhood.

• BM

June 3, 2015 at 11:37 pm

What is your own Mr. Oversabi? It is her life, so let her be or do you want to marry her?

5. twwwo

June 3, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Who is this aunty fooling, when am 30,oshisko! Aunty like u. So sick of this celeb wannabe claiming 30 when dey are far more than.God dey watch you sha cos he know ur thru age.

6. Bayowilson

June 3, 2015 at 7:55 pm

That means any man who sleeps with you at that time enters the trap. Hmm. It’s better to wait and enjoy awesome marriage than being a single mother. Life is too short to live miserably.

• Angry me

June 4, 2015 at 10:43 am

@Bayowilson so you honestly blieve every woman who turns 30 will eventually marry? You joke!!! If she wants ababy by 30 that’s fine.would youBayo look @ a 30 year oldwoman same as a 20 something.

7. Diddy

June 3, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Boy friend take note same goes to whoever is screwing her but Nne it seems like a nice idea,atleast u don lay ur plans down,so good luck to u grl

8. ij

June 3, 2015 at 8:14 pm

How old is she now?

9. guess

June 3, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Gurl! You are already more than 30.

• Stitch

June 3, 2015 at 10:13 pm

I know nothing about this lady but I have a question. Why are people, especially Nigerians, so quick to disagree with people’s ages? I sincerely do not get it. You can say you’re 35, they’ll say you’re 50. You’ll say you’re a particular age, and people will say you’re lying. You cannot tell someone’s age by their looks or by the way they act. Some people look way older than their actual age, some look way younger. I remember telling someone I’m 21 and the person consistently argued that I cannot be older than 17.
      You guys need to quit behaving like that. It’s actually irritating.

• zibaintl

June 3, 2015 at 10:46 pm

bikko…..tell dem o…..its bcos dey are not truthful with their own age dats y de disagree wen some else says their age….am currently 27 but i look like someone who is 18-20…pple often ask my two kid sisters who are 20 and 22 yrs old if they are older dan me……D actress decission might not go well with pple but its her life…holier dan thou Nigerians wen most of u guys/babes already have kids out of wedlock or cohabiting wit someone u are not married to…hypocrites evry where..

• Ibinabo

June 4, 2015 at 12:53 am

My dear don’t mind Nigerians. The people that usually doubt other peoples’ ages are usually the ones with fake official ages sef. They just feel bitter whenever they see a young person achieve a lot and try to project their insecurities on others. *hiss*

• anonymous

June 4, 2015 at 10:38 am

i know her well, she is not yet 30

10. ayodele

June 3, 2015 at 8:39 pm

So this old woman is saying she’s less than 35 years old?

11. Ese

June 3, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Lol…I don’t think she means it that way. She can always adopt or go to a sperm bank or something. She doesn’t have to trap any man to get a baby though. But I don’t know sha

12. mami13

June 3, 2015 at 8:48 pm

just pray for a good husband and children will come. what if you get pregnant and all the child brings you is pain? or what if you are married and no kids? whatever situation you find yourself, accept it and stay happy.

13. nene

June 3, 2015 at 9:04 pm

who are you fooling? that’s if you’re not 30 already.

14. cindy

June 3, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Am I the only one who understands her? To me, it seems she just wants to be a mom and not a necessarily a baby mamma. I also plan to do the same if I’m not married at a certain age and I am financially capable of taking care of a child. I’d rather adopt a kid or two. If hubby comes after then, bigger family?

15. chidinma

June 3, 2015 at 9:09 pm

You people should not be fast at judging other people,Ruth!you are a beautiful damsel,you can marry any man of your dream all you need to do is to put it in prayers,and also examine yourself…you will see,all things will work perfectly well for u in jesus name amen,love you.

16. gnujj

June 3, 2015 at 9:18 pm

stupid idiotic woman

17. chukwukadibia

June 3, 2015 at 9:58 pm

why curse her out all of you?its her life,if she chooses to have a baby and be a mum if shes not married by 30 is her business.at least shes planning towards it.

18. Lordstar

June 3, 2015 at 9:58 pm

You are a shame to womanhood, can’t those men that is servicing your engine marry you or you are not enough to be call woman that is why you want to have a babe at all cost without a father and a man you call call your own. Your decision is wrongh my dear think wise before you say.

• Stitch

June 3, 2015 at 10:16 pm

How are you sure someone is “servicing her engine”? She’s a shame to womanhood? Why are you guys so quick to insult and judge people you know next to nothing about? Some of you disgust me with your comments. You can disagree with her views, but it’s her life. No need to insult her, it’s unnecessary. Some of you need a lot of growing up to do.

19. Wagamama

June 3, 2015 at 10:42 pm

I hear you chika!

Screw em naysayers oshi! MCHEWWWW!

Had a drunken contract with a close male friend couple of years ago. Once I’m 35, if i’m not married and he’s still single, we’re tying the knot! lmao!

Wonder if its still valid…… le “contract” i hope you know waga never forgets!

(Got proposed to by le boo last weekend, turned it down cos “**I’m not ready”** ….SHOCKER! SMH! Mama WONT stop crying, i know she loves him probably more than he loves me. Wish my firggin’ sister kept her mouth shut! I don’t even know how to move on from this. How do you go from loving someone so much your can’t stand being away from them…….to being petrified at spending the rest of your life with the same person? Am i scared of commitment? of marriage? of my imperfections? of commitment? nahh……been in way too many longterm relationships to be scared of commitment. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!!!? Silently freaking out!)

• WarriChic

June 3, 2015 at 11:52 pm

Simple. You love him but you’re not “in-love” with him. He’s not the one. Time to move on boo.

• TK

June 3, 2015 at 11:53 pm

Please ask aunty bella that one, this post no be your own

• Jhennique

June 4, 2015 at 10:26 am

lol. Your own is many oh

• Janome525s

June 4, 2015 at 10:38 am

Wagamama, it’s okay to freak out, many people actually do too. Long term relationship is not the same as marriage, society has made sure to demarcate one from the other by placing different expectations on each. Freaking out does not automatically mean he’s not the one, it ‘may’ mean that but it could also be that the proposal awoke in you the fear of change, loss of the old and familiar, loss of identity, uncertainties etc. So embrace all the feelings and take time to work through them before making any further decisions.

• roselyn

July 19, 2015 at 7:11 pm

i dnt knw abt u guys, bt seriously i adore dt lady, dis lady dt u guys are talkin trash about is my role model, come on nigerians get a life

• Rt

June 4, 2015 at 11:31 am

you seriously have a big problem.Put yourself together and confront your fears girl.The earlier the better cuz time is nobody’s friend.

20. precy

June 3, 2015 at 11:05 pm

The argument about her age is unnecessary. Anyone who has followed her right from her first year in Nollywood would know she isn’t 30 yet. And she sure doesn’t look older than her age.
    Find another reason to hate pls.

21. Yebo

June 3, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Her life, her choice. But what kind of message is this going to pass? That it’s okay to be having kids out of wedlock?

22. June

June 3, 2015 at 11:37 pm

Lol @ the comments. How many of us were there during her birth year ?

23. jess

June 3, 2015 at 11:39 pm

Please motherhood is a very special thing and biological clocks tick. If she can afford to have kids at that age then go for it. If at 50 you still havent found a husband and meno pause comes you would have missed out on a very special part of womanhood because you are waiting for a man. There are tooo many single mothers/fathers who raise great children and there are families with both parents who do not. Its not about whether you have a husband. I will do the same thing if I am not married by 32. I will love to be a mother…and if I don’t find someone to marry me then I wont let that stop me. There is no shame in motherhood, its sad that Nigerians are soo closed minded.
    So Miss Kadri do what makes you happy.

• wagamama

June 4, 2015 at 12:05 am

cHop kiss biko!

24. prince

June 3, 2015 at 11:58 pm

Bfr na wu wan mrry actrez, sha help urself bikooo!

25. Pretty girl

June 4, 2015 at 2:40 am

Ruth u have fall my hand just now. Is it not better to wait for that your husband first. They say God’s time is the best so pls wait and not turn to baby mama pray to God to give you your own.

26. keechi

June 4, 2015 at 4:32 am

I guess a bunch of you BN commenter are Ruth’s close friends ba? Coz y’all seem to be very sure of her age. Mscheww also for those insulting her saying she’ll spread her legs open, being a baby mama, no shame, blah blah blah…have u guys ever heard of sperm donation? Sperm bank? Yea educate yourselves bcos sleeping with someone isn’t the only way u can get pregnant.

27. Phoenix

June 4, 2015 at 4:56 am

Bruno Fierce @she didnt warrant such na,haba!what you said didnt even add up!abeg its too much jare.shebi its her life,not yours

28. Elijah GistLocker

June 4, 2015 at 7:59 am

Good! Please @bellanaija, let me know when she’s ready. I may be of help in her 30th. LOL

29. Young and Confused

June 4, 2015 at 8:51 am

Forget all the hating jooo… I am an available Donor :p.. plus I think I am handsome like that 😀

30. Tony

June 4, 2015 at 9:59 am

people’s opinion over their personal life MUST be respected so long as it doesn’t stop you from living your chosen life. Everyone is entitled to a personal lifestyle so why hate and harsh words?

31. Anonymous

June 4, 2015 at 10:11 am

Okay guys on a lighter note….
    If she buys from the sperm bank and go through IVF, is that fornication? or better still, if she buys sperm and she donates the egg(s) for a surrogate method, is that fornication still?

32. bunmi

June 4, 2015 at 10:14 am

Who e help

33. lola

June 4, 2015 at 10:19 am

thank God am not the only one thinking this!!!!yes oh

34. Jhennique

June 4, 2015 at 10:24 am

If i hear that she isnt yet up to 30. Me i dont care for her life plans, my question is why does she have to tell the world? This age of social media is just breeding foolishnes

35. Concerned

June 4, 2015 at 3:44 pm

We are all thinking like Nigerians/Africans. Deciding to have a baby does not mean she will “waylay” a man to sleep with or use pregnancy to tie a man down. There are other means of having babies ke. Sperm bank nko? Adoption dey dia too.
    Please leave the babe jare.
    Abi na una born am to know that she is over 30? She is not looking over 30 anyway! fyne babe. please send me your contact..i fit arrange fine bobo for you. Too pretty to be a single mum.

36. FinchleysFinest

June 4, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Its her life…. Her prerogative…. All the best young lady….

37. annie

June 4, 2015 at 5:59 pm

k

38. gift bassey

August 26, 2015 at 12:16 pm

pls u guys should jus let her be, even if she says she’s ten years old, is it ur business?
    as for having a baby wen she’s thirty and not married, its her life jus let her be pls……………

39. kingT