News

What Would You Do if a Car Wash Attendant Crashed Your Jeep into a Wall?

BellaNaija.com

This is the question one man in Abuja had to ask himself when this happened to him.

According to online reports, the owner of the jeep parked it at a car wash to be cleaned.

Shortly after he left, the men who worked at the car wash reportedly heard that some FCT environmental taskforce personnel were heading to their location. One of the men is said to have panicked and jumped into the vehicle in an attempt to escape the premises.

Apparently, the man didn’t have much experience driving and shortly after going a short distance, he lost control of the car and subsequently crashed into a wall.

Jeep

What would you do if you were the owner of the car?

Photo Credit: Nairaland

1. Scared homosapien

June 25, 2015 at 4:30 pm

I don’t have a clear cut reaction to this, until it happens and I pray it doesn’t.
    Funny enough, I’ve reacted to a lot of terrible situations calmly, very calmly.

• Bayowilson

June 26, 2015 at 9:57 am

Sometimes, some situations just override your anger. You quickly understand that anger can not solve them. You accept fate. You gently accept the situation and console yourself that it would have been worse than that. You use faith in God for more provisions to erase your pain. And you move on.

2. chy

June 25, 2015 at 4:31 pm

honestly with what i am facing now,he will offset the cost of repairing it o.i m not sparing him.this one no be”forget i will fix it mysef”kind of tin o

3. tayo

June 25, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Ehn trouble!

4. sell all he has to fix the car

June 25, 2015 at 4:37 pm

He should sell all he has to fix the car
    why?
    1. He only heard about the task force, it wasnt verified
    2. The taskforce (if truly they were heading there) must have been on a mission to arrest the illegal business operators and probably confiscate their equipment The customer’s car cant be arrested, towed or taken away as FCT task force don’t even tow cars in the first place.

For him to do that, he must sell all he has and fix the car
    🙂

5. Lady G

June 25, 2015 at 4:39 pm

I would have the men arrested for theft, and make sure they stay there until they pay for the damages to the vehicle. I don’t care if they have to hand over all the profit they have ever made in that car wash, or get their wives to go from door to door begging for money. Next time they will think twice before doing something that stupid again.

6. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

June 25, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Iz gonna be a deadly day!

• idomagirl

June 25, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Burrofus are gonna die on d line!

7. olu

June 25, 2015 at 5:28 pm

No be naija?

dem go beg you tire …..so tey na even you go come dey look like the devil.

Na you go give up eventually o.

• Sigh!

June 25, 2015 at 7:48 pm

This is so true and very much irritating. When my car was hit, everyone and their momma came to beg me, telling me not to be angry ( I just bought the car!!). This old woman came out of nowhere and started begging me, I felt so bad and embarrassed because of all the begging. I left with my battered car, cried all the way to the mechanic shop.

• naturallyziny

June 26, 2015 at 7:58 am

hahahahaha. I haf die. cried all the way? Chineke. I probably would have done the same.

• Mimi

August 4, 2015 at 4:34 pm

ROTFL…i am choking here oooo. “cried all the way to the mechanic shop” so funny. It will really take God’s grace to accept it o…some people are so careless and expect others to carry their cross.

• Kili

June 27, 2015 at 1:11 am

Ahhhhhhh!!!!! That’s was how 2 different people reversed into me last Sunday, I went mad. I had to ask myself what I did to deserve that. Lol. Twice same spot, same day.
      The first was a man with a very nasty wife.
      The second was a young dude who begged and begged till I was feeling like the wicked witch who just won’t forgive. I had to let go. I was pissed

8. prince

June 25, 2015 at 5:46 pm

just thinking of what I would do. I fit kill the guy o

9. Dr. N

June 25, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Hubby’s car has been smashed 2x by “responsible-looking’ people. They agreed to pay half but never did.
    This boy will flee Abuja if he has to.
    Maybe an option is free car washes for the rest of his life. That is after u fix your car yourself. Lol

10. lucia

June 25, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Will not do anything honestly…..will just call my insurers to take care of the mess. reason it is always very important to have a comprehensive motor policy on your vehicles.

11. Biodun

June 25, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Fellow Nigerians…a 4X4 is known as an SUV: Sport Utility Vehicle…. ‘Jeep’ is an SUV BRAND as much as the G wagon, Range Rover or Land Cruiser also are. Its just bizarre! Just like we call all noodles Indomie when we still have Honeywell, Golden Penny etc!! Anyways back to the story..i hope the dude is insured.

• lol

June 25, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Teasher.

12. Angiee

June 25, 2015 at 6:37 pm

This will be a very difficult situation shaa. But all the same as the bible says in our Lord’s prayer, ‘Forgive us our trespass as we forgive those who trespass against us’. Cause you may find yourself in that kind of situation & you are the one begging to be forgiven.

13. goodiebagman

June 25, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Funny enough nothing wen you go do unless you fit use person blood pay the car repairer. Not only will you lose money repairing the car, you will lose time (your most important resource) when one baggar will be coming to your house to beg you everyday.

14. keziah

June 25, 2015 at 8:20 pm

With God’s strength I will take the car and go sort it out myself. There’s not much the guy that crashed the car can do, judging by his profession, I doubt he can financially afford to fix the car. It’s not exactly a small dent in the car. However, I will get the police involved, get him to sign a contract which will detail how much he must pay into my account every month. Who am I kidding, knowing how Nigerians are he will probably make a run for it after the 1st payment.

15. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

June 25, 2015 at 8:25 pm

HM! USE OKPO AND REARRANGE HIS FACE TILL I’M SATISFIED. HM!

16. Mabel

June 25, 2015 at 11:35 pm

The car sustained a bad front end damage, doubtful it is repairable, and if so, may end up being resold immediately to some unsuspecting buyer. The person should be found and charged though, isn’t driving off in a car that is not yours considered theft? If he heard authorities were coming he could have ran or grabbed a taxi..lol. I feel bad for laughing. He didn’t even get far with his getaway plan..lol. Thank goodness nobody was hurt.

17. Wiklo

June 26, 2015 at 3:33 am

Insurance would cover the repair or replacement…

18. JULIE

June 26, 2015 at 9:19 am

He will put it in order bcs they r fond of driver someone car.

19. bn lover

June 26, 2015 at 9:47 am

All dat will be ringing in my head wud be….My morro! My car!! My Vehicle!!! (if it is new)My baby!!!! I will just be shouting no ohhhhh,mba….cause if I catch him ehhhhhh,he may not ve the money to fix it but werrin I go do am….#LordHaveMercy and save us from pple with deir different wahala

20. OOO

June 26, 2015 at 11:00 am

I rather repair my car if i have the cash if not he brings his own contribution.

21. Tanya Nelson

June 28, 2015 at 2:12 pm

I’d calmly get his information and began setting up payment arrangements, no need to go crazy, it was an accident. But IT HAS TO BE PAID FOR, so let’s get it done.

22. Anthony D.

March 21, 2016 at 7:39 am

You can able to claim for the big amount when your car met the accident with the jeep and it crashed in the wall.