News

White NAACP Leader Rachel Dolezal Pretended to be Black for Many Years, Parents Finally Expose Her

BellaNaija.com

Rachel-Dolezal-curly hairA respected civil rights activist in her state, Professor Rachel Dolezal‘s name is buzzing all over the internet today!

The part-time professor of Black Studies was the President of her NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) Chapter in Spokane, Washington, USA.

Rachel Dolezal was first exposed in a local TV interview. After she claimed her and her sons were the victims of a hate crime, the reporter asked routine questions about the incident, then confronted her with a photo of her white father. When she started looking puzzled, he asked her if she’s African-American.

She replied, “I don’t understand the question.”

When asked if her parents were white, she mumbled, “I refuse …” and walked off.

Here’s the raw interview footage. You can skip to the 7:55 mark for the exposing moments.
Rachel’s parents – Ruthanne and Larry – married for 41 years, made the move to expose her.

They spoke to press and released her birth certificate with their names on it, as well as photos of her growing up – she was a blonde hair, blue eyed girl. Rachel-Dolezal-10In an exclusive chat with Spokesman, Rachel’s parents say they are Czech, Swedish and German, with only ‘faint traces’ of Native American heritage. Although Rachel attended a HBCU (Historically Black College/University) – Howard University, for her Masters, her parents claim she is not black at all.

They adopted four African-American children when she was already an adult. Here they are in a family photo, at her wedding. She is now divorced.Rachel-Dolezal-familyThey claim she started distancing herself from them in 2006/2007.

Meanwhile, when running for the Office of Police Ombudsman Commission, Rachel stated she is Native American, African American and White. She also made her hair curly and frequently wears braids.Rachel-Dolezal-braidsAs a result, she is currently being investigated by the Mayor’s office. It also turns out many people had been questioning her ethnicity, and her hate mail threats.

Eastern Washington University, where she is a professor, has declined to state how they will approach the apparent deceit.

Her mother Ruthanne was asked what she would tell Rachel, she said –

“I would say, ‘I love you, and honesty is the best policy’,”

“I firmly believe that the truth is in everyone’s best interest.”

Source: Spokesman | Daily Mail

1. Mammamia!!!

June 12, 2015 at 4:37 pm

This is all shades of weird…

2. Jojo

June 12, 2015 at 4:38 pm

You know there are a lot of ‘white’ folks that are native american and do not always admit to it even though it doesn’t always show on the skin. I have colleagues like that. Secondly, so do a lot of them have black blood and they will always say they have very very little black blood (what does that mean)

3. le coco

June 12, 2015 at 4:38 pm

This is a shame.. tbis is what happens wen it suddenly becomes cool to play tue victim… shame on this lady trying to gain fame by pretending to b black.. nd shame on you for lying.. because there r millions of people hu have actually experienced hate crimes. .. nd here you r trying. To take advantage.

4. real

June 12, 2015 at 4:40 pm

She was jus born into the wrong body.

• Hian

June 12, 2015 at 10:38 pm

For real. #ASKCAITLYN! Ha!

• K M

June 17, 2015 at 5:27 am

I agree. You mean a lying one, right?

5. cindy

June 12, 2015 at 4:41 pm

I hate it when whites try to milk the pains of blacks or try to feel…..how do I put it “different” from their forefathers who were slave masters? It’s not a bad thing to be an advocate of equality for minorities but please note that you are not black and you can never be black. You will never go through the pain the black community goes through because you are NOT black. I will stop here e.g. all dem wannabe white rappers. I still love you eminem tho?

• cindy

June 12, 2015 at 4:45 pm

Pls before somebody eats me up, let me just clarify. You can be a rapper if you want to. It is not restricted to any race. My own is that don’t try to form gangster on top of it like my brother eminem. Own your rap, don’t try too hard to be black because you are not…..add your own colour e.g Sean Paul.

• le coco

June 12, 2015 at 5:29 pm

@cindy, i get what you mean.. but eminem is jst as hood as any other person.. esspecially the way he grew.. black people do not “own” difficult childhoods.. eminem is from detroit, nd specifically the hood.. he was jst as underprivileged as any of his fellow black rappers.. nd detroit is full of white people hu rnt necessarily priviledged. this could be what shapes the way he raps.. however.. people like iggy azaleai or watever her name is tho.. asin

• MC

June 12, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Ganster does not equal black.

6. real

June 12, 2015 at 4:42 pm

At least she’s not pretending to be a man.

7. what?

June 12, 2015 at 4:49 pm

She was just born into the wrong body/race#.At least that’s what they said in bruce jenners case#

8. IBA

June 12, 2015 at 4:54 pm

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Why in heaven’s name? LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

9. Reverse

June 12, 2015 at 4:54 pm

What’s the issue here? If 65 year old Bruce Jenner can be hailed for becoming a woman, I don’t understand the hullabaloo for this woman deciding to be black. As the ‘progressives’ would argue, how is her colour affecting anyone?

• le coco

June 12, 2015 at 5:33 pm

@reverse, personally speaking.. i dont mind that she curls her hair and does braids.. nd i definitely dont mind tht she is a professor on black studies.. but taking advantage of the REAL issues that people face is what i have a problem with. caitlyn jenner didnt take advantage of anybody. if this lady said she wants to be black, nd dresses accordingly. then fine.. but she lied, to gain sympathy nd status.. caitlyn jenner isnt lying to anyone.. her transition is public knowledge

• real

June 12, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Caitlyn jenner lied for 65years,during his interview he said he has always known he has a ‘female brain’,but he participated as a male during the olympics and not a female.kim and her sis caught him trying dresses and makeup when he was still living as a man and he was praised a ‘hero’.Rachel just released a statement that she is really black and not white….so

• Sally Roth

June 12, 2015 at 10:58 pm

If people are truly perceiving her as black, though, and are mistreating her for that, isn’t that a hate crime? hey believe she is black, and they are acting out of racism. She’s not asking for it.

10. Jane Public

June 12, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Awon Dencia relatives in reverse

• Iris

June 13, 2015 at 1:50 am

Lmfao. You are not well.

11. missmaame

June 12, 2015 at 4:56 pm

ok oo. this is right wierd

12. Abbs

June 12, 2015 at 5:14 pm

@Reverse The issue is that Bruce or “Caitlyn” Jenner did not lie about what he/she is or wants to become. I’d like to believe that most people are in support of Caitlyn Jenner for her courage not so much the fact that she decided to become a woman. This woman on the other hand pretended to be someone else for whatever reason. The deception is what is not acceptable not her choice to become black, if that’s even possible?? I personally think there are some underlying psychological issues to be addressed here.

• Lilo

June 12, 2015 at 7:55 pm

What the fuqqq are you talking about? Bruce lied for 65 years. 3 ex wives and 6 children are the product of his lies and deceit. I have an inkling kris Jenner is working. Up a heck of lawsuit to sue the bra and boobs off Bruce for a life long open of deciet.

13. chi-e-z

June 12, 2015 at 5:29 pm

well I can’t knock her … was about to then I thought I’m totally lying 2 my school about being citizen b/c they do not allow people with my immigrant status attend it and am so close to graduate + … all those north africans [algerians and moroccans] I remember meeting when I went to a Howard University recruitment [high school times] where way lighter than her and didn’t even want to identify themselves with Subsaharan Africans like myself talkless of as black but liked the opportunity of scholarship,prestige,etc… So she even embraces black culture and she needs help accepting her lovely body but that’s not excusing her just don’t judge if you haven’t been there.

• chi-e-z

June 12, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Just thought about this article now where the writer says then he’s now a Nigerian lesbian dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3111777/LITTLEJOHN-family-m-Nigerian-lesbian.html
      Yeah she kinda crrazy cus atleast I know my own is just a survival tale.

14. whocares

June 12, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Not sure about the politically correct name for it, but. she might have some sort of multiple personality disorder? That is the only thing that makes sense to me.

15. keeks

June 12, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Seems like somehow she wanted to come from a good place but went out of hand. This has now turned into unlawful acts

16. dobzi

June 12, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Still don’t understand why she was pretending

dobzifingers.com/?m=1

17. Hian

June 12, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Trans racial–no?
    Bruce was hailed for wearing a dress, slapping on some makeup, getting some surgeries and calling himself a woman (because that is all a woman is), this lady braided her hair, added a twang to her accent and feels she is Black. She identifies with Black people more than she does her own, what is the problem? She did not harm anyone, she is infact fighting for equality in the Black community. Who are we to dictate who this woman feels she is? She could have been born to the wrong race. So what is the issue? #Pleasenovex #Justasking

18. Chizzy

June 12, 2015 at 5:57 pm

She looks beautiful on those curls and braids tho’ than on her straight blonde hair.

19. Benito

June 12, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Can someone say Delusional!!!!!!!

20. RO2

June 12, 2015 at 6:33 pm

The fact that she does not want to be what they wanted her to be makes her a deceit ! As Native Americans she has they same resentment as African America.. To me she has not done anything wrong here. She didn’t lie to be African America but rather want to identify with them because native American don’t have a view.. Of course her parent feels she doesn’t identify with their race but that doesn’t make a bad person or a cheat I beggyy.

21. Yvie

June 12, 2015 at 6:47 pm

ONCE YOU GO BLACK, YOU CAN’T GO BACK!

• Benito

June 12, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Sometimes once you go BLACK, you go BROKE

22. missatl

June 12, 2015 at 6:56 pm

Please what’s the issue here if someone prefers to be black are there not thousands of ladies and men who prefer to be white and bleach their skin and some prefer to be men or women and have sex change….this is coming from a good place she probably liked the black kids her parents adopted and wanted that too so she married a black man..

• Lol

June 12, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Nah men.

Yes they bleach but when they are filling taxes and they say check your race they check black or African american not white or of Latin descent.

The women that bleach kids are of their own original color. They Dont go around clamming I’m white and I have white privilege so I can get away with Evey thing.

This is pure and utter madness. She needs intense therapy.

23. Lol

June 12, 2015 at 7:00 pm

The devil is a damn lair! I have seen it all.

Racheal you could have fought and been an NAACP chairman being you. That is white.

The nerve this lady has.

She even filed 6 allegations that she got racial threats and abuses from people but when police investigated it they couldn’t find anything.

Men living your life like that. Saying a black man was your father when he wasn’t.

Clamming you adopted brother was your son.

All that tanning and stained clothing and pillows

Freaking sad.

And for those trans racial followers sit down somewhere.

This lady will never be trans racial, she is white, police won’t stop her, she won’t be racially profiled,she will never get negative connotations for being a black woman.

I mean can I wake up and be a white woman hand me my white privilege how long will it take if I pay express shipping. What are my benefits (doing shit like this and instead of me to get punished they make a new word to condone my arrant nonsense!)

You can think you know our struggles but you will never experience it first hand.

Just help us.

The lord is good all the time and may he continue to show us snakes we can’t see with our korokoro human eyes.

24. Lilo

June 12, 2015 at 7:52 pm

If the world can accept Bruce, mow Caitlyn Jenner, what’s the issue with this chic? As far as I am concerned, she is transracial. She is trapped in the wrong body. You all see a white woman, but she has the soul of lupita. Please leave this woman alone. Thank you very much.m

• Lol

June 12, 2015 at 8:14 pm

No no no no no

Although I Dont support being transgender its is not the same.

Trans racial isn’t a thing

Yes Bruce is a woman now but he is still white meaning he is privileged this lady lied about being racially profiled. Circling African american on govt documents this is basically cultural approration.

This is white privilege you lie and you live a fake life based of a group of oprrssed people they make a new word doe you.

Watch next week they will give this lady a good interview on CNN .

I’m just so annoyed.
      I actually supported the NAACP but I feel like over the past 10 years they have lost their motto and who they should stand for FIRST AT ALL TIMES BEFORE ANYONE. THEIR STATEMENT ON THIS ISSUES PROVED ME RIGHT. ITS OKAY THOUGH.

• Lol

June 12, 2015 at 11:48 pm

Nah men not when your checking black on govt documents clamming you were racially profiled… That’s too far.
      Bruce changed into a woman but instead of him to identify with a party that wants equality for women he is still a republican.

This is just nonsense

25. real

June 12, 2015 at 9:16 pm

If the world can accept bruce as a woman whose chromosome is xy and praised her as a hero, while can’t Rachel be accepted as black?her brain is black just as bruce is female.LOL

26. CashQueen

June 12, 2015 at 9:47 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!! See the way she bailed ??????????? when they caught her. She just tear race. Oniranu Opo! Transracial ko, transidiot ni! Anyways who are my to judge, after all she could just have been born into the wrong race. Carry on jare! If anybody criticize you, tell them you’ve always felt Black but didn’t have the courage to speak up without deceit for fear of discrimination. Let me see any trans loving person hate on you first then I’ll know it’s not only those in psych wards that have degenerate brains.misheeeeeewwwww.

27. nene

June 12, 2015 at 11:20 pm

what is the big deal here? she lied about her race? ok, so what?

28. Peyton

June 12, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Rachel love you will be fine. You don’t want to be white fine be black pink purple anything you want to be. Just come out tell the world you are black in your heart and you reserve the right to change your race. You are a Truely brave woman. Race change things going on

29. Naomi

June 12, 2015 at 11:36 pm

Ermmmm how exactly did she fool the university system, and other big establishments that she’s black? No background checks, biometric profiling, database findings, reference checks etc? If na black now them go even find out the DNA of the afro/black person hmmm

30. fleur

June 13, 2015 at 3:12 am

Bella, Mark my words – the next wave of personality disorder is white people who “feel black” and have lived a lie and now want to be accepted by blacks. Trust me, this will happen because there is a financial incentive to do so – perks that come from being a minority – business registration with Small business administration that gives you preferential status, 8a certification for business, minority scholarships and fellowships at colleges across the country including at the Ivy League schools. It is coming. She is the test case. White people will give it a name and she will say she was born black. Then physicians will find a way for full body tattoo that makes you darker skinned because tanning will elevate cancer risk. Then with the new wave of permanently changing eye color, one can change their eye color to brown or black to me “more black”. Thanks to the Kardashians butt implants are now 2 for a thousand here and there. I shall be chewing my chewing stick and watching this one unfold. “I was born Black!”

31. mshades

June 13, 2015 at 7:59 am

…this beats me…

32. newbie

June 13, 2015 at 8:58 am

#CallMeShanniqua
    Quick! Someone should do a spoof Vogue cover already.

33. disgruntled

June 13, 2015 at 10:36 am

Wow! Black people never cease to amaze me. My issue is not the fact that this lady pretended to be black, but that ”black” people have self esteem low enough to accept anybody that identifies as being black when they are clearly caucasian or very caucasoid/ mixed race. Case and point – Mariah Carey, Zoe Saldana, Thandie Newton, Halle Berry heck even Beyonce to name a few. These women look like 0.000001% of black African women on the continent and the women that they do resemble (Ethiopians, Somalis, Fulani, Tuaregs etc) don’t even identify as black in the first place! So black people should learn to identify for themselves what black truly is. Until then stop moaning when someone else decides to take advantage of our weakness and low self esteem and decide to bastardise our identity. Remember you only get treated the way you allow people to treat you. Take some responsibilty! p.s I’am a proud African woman in case anyone was wondering and I refuse to identify with being black if it includes ”all colours of the rainbow”. What nonsense!

34. Miss-leading

June 16, 2015 at 7:46 pm

I think that it’s a shame that all the work that Rachel has done, has now been tainted., and is drawing attention away from the issuses which she claimed to care deeply about. Whether her success would have been greater or lesser by being precieved as ‘black’ will also remain unknown. How it started, why it started only Rachel will ever know the truth, and unfortunately this truth is being played in a very public arena. Everyone has the right to a ”feeling” and noone can discount this or take it away. However, what is sad that by never owning the truth people have been mislead and hurt.

The real danger is that all the attention is drawing away from the real issues faced by black people / african americans.