News

Caitlyn Jenner Receives ESPY Arthur Ashe Award for Courage + What She Wore & Her Full Speech

Caitlyn-Jenner-ESPYs-Award-July-2015-BellaNaija0001There has been so much anticipation on the International social scene as the ESPY Awards drew nearer – most especially because Caitlyn Jenner was to receive the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage at the event.

A lot of controversy trailed her receiving the award as a number of people felt there were other people more deserving. Regardless of that one thing was for sure – it was to be Caitlyn Jenner’s first appearance at an event as a transgender.

Her family came out to support her at the event including her mother, her sister and 10 of her children.

Caitlyn-Jenner-ESPYs-Award-July-2015-BellaNaija0004 Caitlyn-Jenner-ESPYs-Award-July-2015-BellaNaija0003

It was an emotional moment for the family.

What She Wore

For the event (and possibly for other events) Caitlyn Jenner hired Angelina Jolie’s personal stylist, Jen Rade, and turned heads in a floor length custom Atelier Versace gown.

Caitlyn-Jenner-ESPYs-Award-July-2015-BellaNaija0002

The 65-year-old accessorized with $3,485 emerald tear-drop earrings and a pair of Stuart Weitzman heels.

The gown did well to show off her feminine curves. There was a ruched bodice to wrap her torso, a plunging neckline and a side slit that showed off her long legs.

For her face, Caitlyn applied a shade of eyeshadow and black eyeliner on her lids, and looked chic with a swipe of pink lip gloss.

Versace even gave her a shout-out.

The Speech

In her speech, Caitlyn Jenner highlighted the struggles trans people face. She also thanked Diane Sawyer for helping her tell her story; Caitlyn thanked her family and talked about courage.

It was a pretty long speech but nobody in the audience seemed to mind as a few people teared up.

Caitlyn-Jenner-ESPYs-Award-July-2015-BellaNaija0005

Read the speech below.

“Thank you so much. It is so wonderful to be here tonight. Now the last few months have been a whirlwind of so many different experiences and emotions. But to tell you the truth, it seems like every time I turn around in life, I’m putting myself in these high-pressured situations. Competing in the Games, raising a family. But I’ve never felt more pressured than I ever have in my life, than over the last couple of months. Picking out this outfit — O.K., girls, I get it! [Laughter.] You’ve got to get the shoes, the hair, the makeup, the whole process — it was exhausting. And next, the fashion police — please be kind on me, I’m new at this.

“Anyway, I just want to say a quick shout out to our soccer team [applause]. Ladies, you clean up very well.

“But the real truth is, before a few months ago I had never met anybody else who was trans, who was like me. I had never met a trans person, never. Now, as you just saw, I dealt with my situation on my own in private and that turned this journey into an already incredible education.

“It’s been eye-opening, inspiring, but also frightening. All across this country, right now, all across the world, at this very moment, there are young people coming to terms with being transgender. They’re learning that they are different and they are trying to figure out how to handle that, on top of every other problem that a teenager has.

“They’re getting bullied, they’re getting beaten up, they’re getting murdered and they’re committing suicide. The numbers that you just heard before are staggering, but they are the reality of what it is like to be trans today.

“Just last month, the body of 17-year-old Mercedes Williamson, a transgender young woman of color, was found in a field in Mississippi stabbed to death. I also want to tell you about Sam Taub, a 15-year-old transgender young man from Bloomfield, Michigan. In early April, Sam took his own life. Now, Sam’s story haunts me in particular because his death came just a few days before ABC aired my interview with Diane Sawyer. Every time something like this happens, people wonder, ‘Could it have been different, if spotlighting this issue with more attention could have changed the way things happen?’ We’ll never know.

“If there is one thing I do know about my life, it is the power of the spotlight. Sometimes it gets overwhelming, but with attention comes responsibility. As a group, as athletes, how you conduct your lives, what you say, what you do, is absorbed and observed by millions of people, especially young people. I know I’m clear with my responsibility going forward, to tell my story the right way — for me, to keep learning, to do whatever I can to reshape the landscape of how trans issues are viewed, how trans people are treated. And then more broadly to promote a very simple idea: accepting people for who they are. Accepting people’s differences.

“My plea to you tonight is to join me in making this one of your issues as well. How do we start? We start with education. I was fortunate enough to meet Arthur Ashe a few times and I know how important education was to him. Learn as much as you can about another person to understand them better.

“I know the people in this room have respect for hard work, for training, for going through something difficult to achieve the outcome that you desire. I trained hard, I competed hard, and for that, people respected me.

“But this transition has been harder on me than anything I could imagine. And that’s the case for so many others besides me. For that reason alone, trans people deserve something vital. They deserve your respect. And from that respect comes a more compassionate community, a more empathetic society and a better world for all of us.

“There have been so many who have traveled this road before me. From, in sports, Renée Richards to Chaz Bono, to Laverne Cox, and many others. Janet Mock is here tonight. And I want to thank them all publicly, as well as the ESPYs, and the late Arthur Ashe, for giving me this platform to start the next phase of my journey. I also want to acknowledge all the young trans athletes who are out there — given the chance to play sports as who they really are.

“And now, as of this week, it appears that trans people will soon be serving in the military. That’s a great idea. We have come a long way. But we have a lot of work to do.

“I’d like to thank, personally, my buddy Diane Sawyer. You know, you can only tell your story the first time once, and Diane you did it so authentically and so gracefully. And me and the community are so thankful for that. And I thank you so much Diane. I’m so proud to have you as a friend.

“Here comes the tough part. I’d like to thank my family. The biggest fear in Caitlyn Jenner coming out was I never wanted to hurt anyone else, most of all my family and my kids. I always wanted my children to be so proud of their dad because of what he was able to accomplish in his life. You guys have given so much back to me, you’ve given me so much support. I’m so, so grateful to have all of you in my life. Thank you.

“And certainly last, but not least, my mother. My mom who, just a little over a week ago, had to have surgery and I didn’t think she was going to make it, but she is here with me tonight to share this night. Now, you know I always thought that I got my courage and my determination from my dad, who landed on Omaha Beach and fought all the way through World War II. But you know what I’m realizing now, Mom, I think I got all those qualities from you. I love you very much. I’m so glad you’re here to share this with me.

“You know, it is an honor to have the word courage associated with my life. But tonight another word comes to mind, and that is fortunate. I owe a lot to sports. It has shown me the world, it has given me an identity. If someone wanted to bully me, well, you know what? I was the MVP of the football team. That just wasn’t going to be a problem. And the same thing goes tonight. If you want to call me names, make jokes, doubt my intentions, go ahead, because the reality is, I can take it. But for the thousands of kids out there coming to terms with being true to who they are, they shouldn’t have to take it.

“So for the people out there wondering what this is all about — whether it’s about courage or controversy or publicity — well, I’ll tell you what it’s all about. It’s about what happens from here. It’s not just about one person, it’s about thousands of people. It’s not just about me, it’s about all of us accepting one another. We are all different. That’s not a bad thing, that’s a good thing. And while it may not be easy to get past the things you always don’t understand, I want to prove that it is absolutely possible if we only do it together.

“Thanks you so much for this platform. Thank you so much for this honor bestowed on myself and my family.”

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Kevin Mazur

1. Tina

July 16, 2015 at 8:41 am

Not courageous enough to cut off HIS willy

• nene+

July 16, 2015 at 10:07 am

Shame on you Bruce Jenner!
      I should respect one who goes against Gods order? No way!
      I will respect people who preserve and respect the world that God gave.

Selfish is when you wanted to be a woman all along yet you loved females and married more than one as a man, enjoyed having pretty women around you,you searched for those with big bum and bosoms,you had fun with them and now at 65 a tired man changed to a woman???? and i should respect you????

Bruce Jenner if we had people like you 500 years ago the world would have been distorted! There would have been no womb to bear a children,not testicles to produce chromosomes,no Fallopian tubes to produce eggs, Chris Jenner would have been a man so none to bare Courtney,Khloe,Kim,Kendall,Keylie name them. Is that the type of world we should encourage??????

Shame on men and women who distort/destroy the world that the Almighty God designed!!!!
      Shame on you!

• bruno FIERCE

July 16, 2015 at 10:42 am

are u sure u are talking to bruce jenner.

who is the man that hurt u, u can tell us. did he leave u for a girl with big bossoms and big a bumbum. what do u have against men who like big bossoms and big bumbums.

na so e pain reach. its not ur body. he isnt hurting you.
      if u want to make a valid argument pls can u not mention the bible. pls use facts and research instead of a fictional book.

my problem is he didn’t deserve the award. the war veteran who lost his leg and hand on the battle field deserves it more.

I hate it when they give people awards for being gay or for coming out of the closet. its so stupid. thats not bravery at all.

• nene+

July 16, 2015 at 11:41 am

***Ovaries to produce eggs,Fallopians to transport same.

• natu

July 16, 2015 at 12:20 pm

shut up!!! Let Caitlyn be!!!

• Seriously

July 16, 2015 at 2:46 pm

The real courageous ones are ignored and not respected. This family can pretend like all is good all they want but we all know it’s hell in their home. I mean, it can’t be normal to see your dad claim he’s a woman, gets new breasts, wears wigs and dresses. It’s just insanity. Even Bruce himself is going through hell, how do you have peace within yourself after dating and marrying women, have children, won awards as a male athlete, and at 65, you want to be like your wife and daughters. I don’t think it will end well bcos how do you live with such LIE. He only has 5 more years before he’s sent to nursing home. Let’s see how that goes.

2. Eve

July 16, 2015 at 8:48 am

Why do I have this sneaky feeling that BN is trying to push this “gay agenda” on the Nigerian front. The number of posts on it just makes me go hmmmm. BN well done oh, well done.

• Jice

July 16, 2015 at 9:54 am

maybe they’re being paid off by the US government.

• nene+

July 16, 2015 at 11:35 am

Lol @ Bruno whatever! So you want me to reveal my statistics to you to tell you how endowed i am?

From my word you should know i am blessed as well as my husband gorgeous i am really grateful to God no pride!! But what is bad is bad, Bible basically talk and encourage morality and axioms which is a natural truth as God is magnanimous to allow us reason and not cage us.

Yes what she did is Biologically wrong,Scientifically wrong,Artistically wrong, Morally wrong ,Reproductively wrong,and automatically Biblically wrong.

Are you gay or support it? please change its a season to change for the better!

• kikiki

July 16, 2015 at 12:26 pm

@natu kikikiki so you still continued with your secondary school things. Homo! next time i see you will will hide my p****s as you never change.

• justNegodu

July 16, 2015 at 5:13 pm

@kikiki – wetin @Natu do oh…..LOL!!!! you both went to same secondary school??? bianu and tell us wetin hapa…..hehehehhe….me I no want cold gossip oh

• Lobatan

July 16, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Oh, you mean natu of the pink lipstick was/is a groper of junior female students? Becos, dis defense of Jenner and co is suspicious o! Hahahaha

• natu

July 16, 2015 at 7:42 pm

@kikikikiki firstly, you are such a dumb hoe!!! No I did not study in Nigeria and I am not even Nigerian. Yes I believe in equality for all. Sweety even if I was a lesbian, you are definitely not my type. Ain’t nobody checking for your smelly kitty you dirt cunt!!!

• Seriously

July 16, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Yeah, I think bella naija is been sponsored by GLAAD/LGBT Bloody hell, no day goes by without a post on this topic. That’s how it started in the states, every blog you go on has one article about it. Boom! It became a trending thing and now it’s more accepting.

3. truth

July 16, 2015 at 8:53 am

Heart warming speech, I don’t understand it but Jesus said love everybody let God judge everyone at the end of the day

• meme

July 16, 2015 at 11:10 am

I look forward to Bruce TransAnimalling(sic) perhaps he will change into a gorilla next. Then that way I won’t judge him! Nonsense!

4. Emy

July 16, 2015 at 9:07 am

Bruno where art thou? U sure know how to defend your folks simply bcos ur parents sent you to the US to study. Oya cone out n start yarning dust…..

• MC

July 16, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Yo Bruno! Come and put his person straight.

5. bruno FIERCE

July 16, 2015 at 9:15 am

a war veteran who lost his leg and hand in battle while serving his country

a female college basket ball player who battled cancer but eventually lost the battle and died

a man who cuts his penis off and turns himself into a woman. lets not forget bruce jenner killed a woman with his car and is refusing to pay damages to the deceased family.
    also caitlyn jenner belong to the family of attention seekers who are responsible for the moral decay of today’s society.

out of these 3 people who deserves an award and recognition for bravery? I dont think is the man who cut his penis off that should receive an award for bravery.

by the way bellanaija what the hell is

” The gown did well to show off her feminine
    curves. “

• FasholasLover

July 16, 2015 at 9:42 am

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

• Abby

July 16, 2015 at 11:00 am

Lmao!! Haha. FasholasLover you are a clown:)
      Truly Bruno’s brain works correctly from time to time

• Jice

July 16, 2015 at 9:55 am

He hasn’t even cut that off, so he’s not that brave after-all!

• ruth

July 17, 2015 at 7:15 am

Wow bruno, u rarely make sense, i’m really surprised by your comment today.

6. tee A

July 16, 2015 at 9:22 am

Rubbish and Nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Mimi

July 16, 2015 at 9:22 am

Nna heh.. So for real Catlyn Jenner is now widely accepted? This is mocking God. Jeez!

8. Jice

July 16, 2015 at 9:29 am

Oya let the comments or shall I say bashing begin!

There are other more deserving people though, but yeah I’m not the one giving out the trophy. Tired jor…

9. Marc Francis of Chelsea

July 16, 2015 at 9:32 am

Beautiful speech.

10. hauwa

July 16, 2015 at 9:33 am

Still smh

11. idomagirl

July 16, 2015 at 9:58 am

“The gown did well to show off her feminine curves.”

Where are these feminine curves? What kind of shade is this?

12. Naija Man

July 16, 2015 at 10:00 am

Hhhmmmm orisirisi….this is what happens when one sells ones soul away. Bruce Jenner is an Olympic Gold Medallist, one of the highest possible achievement(s) in the world. He has now been reduced to a mere reality tv/media clown called Caitlyn.

How the mighty fall…..I hope he/she finds happiness and most importantly favour in the eye of his/her maker.

• Jaygirl

July 16, 2015 at 4:26 pm

No just any event o. Decathlon! I love athletics and I have massive respect for decathletes. Every time I see a headline about this transition, I think about the confusion going on in the head of his grand-kids like Mason & Penelope who were old enough to know him as a man. I remember watching him teach Mason how to jump….what happens now?

13. zara

July 16, 2015 at 10:01 am

Rubbish

14. Lola

July 16, 2015 at 10:07 am

God has left him to his reprobate mind. No guilt can be felt. To him and others, it is normal and nothing we say can change him.

• Jice

July 16, 2015 at 10:09 am

boi you sound mad..

15. Ano

July 16, 2015 at 10:40 am

Very big hands still…

16. libby

July 16, 2015 at 10:41 am

Amazes me what is now considered “bravery” in modern society but ti each their own however, I’m curious about what the children call him abi her now?

17. scarlet

July 16, 2015 at 11:02 am

All i see is Bruno’s comment! yipeeeeeeee! Caitlyn Jenner should gerrara here, this whole charade is too fake

18. jayboogie

July 16, 2015 at 11:12 am

Whenever i see a picture of Caitlyn online , the image of Bruce Jenner flashes and it gives me goosebumps . i can’t digest the whole trans thing

• Beeeee

July 16, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Exactly how I feel….. I watched him for so many years on the show and to see this now, really really creepy

• Abkm

July 16, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Same here. I don’t think he (I will not refer to him as her) deserves the award. But what can I say? We live in a crazy world.

19. Udegbunam Chukwudi

July 16, 2015 at 11:28 am

E be like say Linda Ikeji type of commentators don dey enter BellaNaija. I wonder if most peeps commenting here read this speech or not! *sighs*

• Idoubtuarestrait

July 18, 2015 at 12:38 am

Hey yo!…pretty boy.wassup.when do u wanna come out

20. RO2

July 16, 2015 at 11:30 am

With due respect to right to live without discrimination in any form. something inside me still tells me this shemale is SELFISH AND SELF CENTRED. He has no regards for other people feelings especially the supposed loved ones. he got to a point in his life where he felt he’s achieved all he wanted so he decided to do something different. No one has ever raise issue of him being gay or bisexual which would have made more sense in this transformation. but after 6 children 3 boys 3 girls. I am still struggling to understand his motives. by the way this award is not for courage but the most selfish human being on earth.

21. mimi

July 16, 2015 at 11:31 am

i watched the speech video on youtube , all i could see was a man in a dress and a wig and his masculine voice giving a speech to cone peoples emotions into accepting him and others alike ….disgusted !

22. Missappleberry

July 16, 2015 at 11:35 am

I don’t know but each time i watch this bruce cait jenner person, he strikes me as someone who isn’t going to live long…like someone who is going to die from suicide or depression. I don’t know but i just see death trailing him…As surely as this world belongs to the devil, theres an even more beautiful world out there where God rules. I am not in the right position to judge but dear Cait, God still loves you despite your wrongdoing…turn to him before its too late. Dont end up losing your soul in hell as a result of fame or simply because you are enjoying human approval. The life we are going to live after death is way longer than the one we are living now…

23. *rolling eyes*

July 16, 2015 at 11:36 am

” The biggest fear in Caitlyn Jenner coming out …….. I always wanted my children to be so proud of their DAD because of what HE was able to accomplish in HIS life.” ………So you accept u are their DAD not their MUM. Attention freak abeg park well make see road

24. *rolling eyes*

July 16, 2015 at 11:37 am

” The biggest fear in Caitlyn Jenner coming out …….. I always wanted my children to be so proud of their DAD because of what HE was able to accomplish in HIS life.” ………So you accept u are their DAD not their MUM. Attention freak abeg park well make we see road

25. honey

July 16, 2015 at 11:40 am

After i saw this wonderful message from Nene, i just knew Bruno will respond.

Bruno, LGBT is not normal!!! If your parents were gay, you wouldn’t be alive today.

You are what you make of yourself. All this “i was born gay bull shit” is just absurd. So, robbers too should say i was born a robber? Or paedophile too? Because just as you are “absurdly” drawn to same sex, they are drawn to kids too.

26. Ririgenius

July 16, 2015 at 11:45 am

@BrunoFierce, i always love ur analysis! Weldon!

• Abkm

July 16, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Actually, his analysis are most times illogical and incomprehensible. Most BN commenters will agree to this. This is the very first time he is making sense, not being unnecessarily mean or hopelessly judgmental.

27. frank

July 16, 2015 at 12:57 pm

I hope someone 4king takes this abomination outta this world

28. chy

July 16, 2015 at 1:08 pm

caitlyn notin u say will move me.if u like quote bible join ur deceiving ursef.kylie and kendall so sorry u guys dnt hv a dad anymore.but not to worry kriss will soon transform to a man so u guys can enjoy fatherly love once again.

29. mimiz

July 16, 2015 at 1:16 pm

i can not believe all this is happening.0ne [email protected]#T..

30. Tosin

July 16, 2015 at 1:21 pm

this is the first time i’ve paid attention to this whole big-deal news. it’s a little overwhelming sha. overtake wan overtake overtake.
    all i can think is decathlon…respect. if you can excel in honest sports honestly, respect.

31. Zee

July 16, 2015 at 1:26 pm

These people think its easy being female.
    Have you ever had menstral pain to start with?
    I am shocked!! And we are all here saying wrong is right. My heart breaks for these kids . I really hope they are taking this well..

• smiley

July 16, 2015 at 1:58 pm

The children are all fame hungry, no need to worry about them. They are enjoying it as much as Bruce is…

32. RO2

July 16, 2015 at 1:33 pm

BN what happened to my post x2

33. Cece

July 16, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Her foundation is too bright abeg and she or he looks muscular in the dress.

34. RO2

July 16, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Is promoting right a denial of other peoples right? where is the fairness just let me know if deleterious.

35. honest one

July 16, 2015 at 1:53 pm

‘The gown did well to show off her feminine curves….” am so f-ing pissed at that statement. This world is going downhill

36. precy

July 16, 2015 at 2:08 pm

nonsense, its wrong trying play w pple’s emotions, I will nt buy this whole nonsense of transgender its just wrong. am entitled to wat I believe in this whole Caitlyn thing he just wanted attention thus all to me he is Bruce Jenner God created u as a man and you wil always be a man full stop. there r so many Americans who have done well in sports who deserve to be recognised they must recognise those pple and give them the respect they also deserve. off course Bruce Jenner did well then but I believe they r pple who didn’t get anything but they deserve awards

37. sass

July 16, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Oh please we all know thais dead bravery award was bribe to break the news of his transition on a channel that is partners with ESPN. This award is a bribe. Brave ko, Johnny bravo ni.

38. mimi

July 16, 2015 at 3:01 pm

with all due respect, even though recognizing at yr 65 i.e. Caitlyn Jenner is looking much fierce, flawless and better than his ex-wife Kriss Jenner! Wonder how he deserves the “courageous” award…. if he had to wait 65 yrs of his life to experience this transformation???/ For me it’s more cowardly, because at 65 is when you have exhausted all you have to plan and make a life for yourself, and more likely you are retired! At 65 is almost the life expectancy for most people in this planet… you may either be eating your pension or watching your grandchildren grow or do both! But for the late Bruce Jenner, he decided to “come out” at 65 as a “transgender”!!! He decides he was going to live as a “woman”, only because he is already “done” living as a “man”.
    It would been courageous if in the earlier parts of his life like his teen or twenties… he would have completely transformed into a “female” she is; in order to compromise or foregone the life he had lived like 6 children, 3 ex- wives, etc!!!!!

39. Confused

July 16, 2015 at 3:28 pm

I need clarification, when one becomes a transgender, is surgery also carried out on the heart? Changing his male heart to female? Cos women are the ones who usually get emotional, men have a strong hearted so to speak( though it is not a hard and fast rule, there are emotional men and strong hearted women) my confusion now is, why did the award recipient tear up?
    I really do need clarification.

40. Vivi

July 16, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Please can someone tell me which religion, culture or tribe in Nigeria that supports homosexuality? I do not understand this sex change stuff? I do not understand this award given to bruce , oh i mean caitlyn. God help

41. Vivi

July 16, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Can someone tell me which religion, culture or tribe support homosexuality in Nigeria? I do not understand this sex change stuff. God help us.

42. koko

July 16, 2015 at 4:56 pm

Bruce’s PR company negotiated this award in lieu of an interview. first of, this is not a genuine award but a PR promotion of chosen lifestyle. The question I want answered, is who gives a 25 minute acceptance speech? I guess there were any other awards to be given? A very good propaganda machine at work. Still a man though. Check out the DNA
    Rubbish material

• justNegodu

July 16, 2015 at 5:20 pm

i am still upset that ill black girl with cancer, Leah Still didn’t get this award. no shade to you Caitlyn but sis you know this was a PR campaign for your show on E! and other ventures. quiet as its kept, ABC knew wat they were doing. ESPYs was always broadcasted on ESPN, but they chose to put it on national primetime tv. get those ratings and Ad dollars!!!! smh.

sadly, Caitlyn’s moment was marred by ABC and the shady PR company. just a messy situation all around. oh well, Caitlyn will continue being the attention whore she is. smh!!!

#beatCancer #LeahStill

43. chido

July 16, 2015 at 7:24 pm

@every1,i love ur comments,u guys took words out of my mouth,wish I cld sit and we all have a healthy conversation, this ain’t healthy enuf,but it sure does cool the brain down after a long day

44. Sundé

July 16, 2015 at 7:39 pm

The world started from somewhere,it surely gonna end something. God is aware, thats why it happens.

45. tilda

July 16, 2015 at 8:17 pm

me I am heterosexual. I will not go to bed with trandgender or homo. That’s were it ends. I support anyone to live their truth. I live mine. I will not stand in the way of anyone’s happiness. I do not understand why the whole hue and cry over another person’s sexual preferences. How does that affect my sexual preferences. In fact I think there is an advantage in knowing the true sexual preferences of people. I don’t want to make the mistake of dating or marrying a closet case. In fact I am not in support of closet cases . Please come out that we know who are women and who are guys. At least in the west all that mistaken identity has been iradicated. In Naija God help us. If your guy needs u to kick start him. The guy is gay o! No joking. If your guy beats u. It’s sexual frustration o!. Na closet queen u marry.

• tboi

July 17, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Jokes apart , you raised a valid point.The worst thing by farrrrrrr is ending up with a closet case homo. I satisfy a lot of married nigerian men. Listening to their woe and how they hate having sex with their wives. When I ask them why they always say society expects them to get married. So yes in Nigeria homosexuality is a taboo. But they are very much present. Closer than some people think and therefore more dangerous. Right inside the marital beds. Karma is a bitch called homo.

46. cee

July 16, 2015 at 11:31 pm

bella naija I dnt understand again o,are u nw E online? abeg tek chill pills wt all dis gist or beta still change de name to bella jenner.. ha!

47. Luberry

July 17, 2015 at 10:38 am

“Seriously “! This is ridiculously incredibly horrible! What is wrong with the media and people of “today! This is crazy #Bullshit”!!! Excuse my “French ….! People who should get the real and actual recognition for “courage” ain’t it this #BruceJenner ” fame intoxicated #Fnnnnh #Cartlyn “Bullshit”!! …. I beg your pardon!! Like how , what is flipping , courageous about his transition.. #KMFT when the real courageous “people” out there in the world , are the ones living with #physicalandLearning #Disabilities #GeneticDisorders, #People living with #Cancer #terminal diseases , not as a result of their own choices , or making perhaps … The real courageous #people our #Heros #PastnPresent #Those military men, #soldiers dying every day around the the globe, and the ones facing physical and mental disabilities, as a result of their , service to defend their nation and people, real people, #Children #Boys #Girls #Men #Women , around the globe ,facing life #disasters #uglyconditions #poverty and the “list” goes on ……. These people! and great #survivors in different conditions of life, are the true #people that defines “the word courage”! They in fact , should be given this given this “award”…..! No disrespect I am tired of the #Media and #SocialMedia glorifying and magnifying this #BruceJennerSyndrome and #CartlynSyndrome! Pardon my French ” this is sad , the real people , heroes , with true “courage” are neglected today!!!! #Fu-edup and #Bullshit…. I beg your pardon…….!!! T

48. Ladym

July 18, 2015 at 12:54 am

If you want BN to stop putting up posts like this, then stop commenting. BN thrives on posts like this. They know people would always comment on controversial and sensational stuff. They wouldn’t have such a large followership if they posted intellectual stuff only.

• Really!

July 18, 2015 at 7:20 am

And you just added to numbers on the viewing commentary. Practice what you preach intellect looool. Why are u even on bella gossip blog. Am here cause I love a good dose of gossip. You should take your snutty intellect to Times New York . That’s if they would publish. Thank Bella for giving your copper coin opinion a shot at been viewed.