Music

‘I Married Well’ – Dr. Sid & Wife, Simi Esiri Celebrate their 1-Year Anniversary with Loving Words

Dr. Sid & Sidney EsiriAww…love is a beautiful thing!

Dr. Sid and his gorgeous wife Simi Esiri are celebrating their one year anniversary today as the couple had their traditional wedding exactly a year ago.

They both took to social media to share loving words.

Dr. Sid, reflecting on his traditional wedding said ‘I married well’.

Simi Esiri also wrote ‘Today a year ago, we had our traditional wedding. Now we have the most beautiful baby girl. I couldn’t be happier!! #MyMVP #MyEverything #TradAnniversary’.

The couple has a lot to be thankful for as they celebrate their one year anniversary. They welcomed their first child, a beautiful baby girl, a few weeks ago.

Click here if you missed it.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/simi_esiri

1. aja

July 27, 2015 at 12:43 pm

congratulations. love is beautiful It shall be our portion.May our true love knock on our doors before year end.. Amen

• Babytohcute

July 27, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! Amen.

2. Married well

July 27, 2015 at 12:45 pm

“Married well” is relative

This “I married well” all bloggers are using as a caption would bring back the old debate of what “Marrying well” means to each individual.

To some, marry well means
    a. marry a partner who has the skills you selfishly want in a partner
    b. marry money
    c.. marry a friend
    d. marry an understanding partner
    e. marry a man/woman who doesnt cheat
    f. Marry someone who has what you have always wanted in a man/woman, but lacking in other aspects.
    g. Marry a partner that gives you happiness, joy and doesnt nag
    h. Marry a supportive partner
    i. Marry someone who can satisfy your emotional desires

Congrats to you for marrying well.

To all married Bners, hope you married well?
    What is your definition of marrying well?
    I hope your partner can say same about you?

• Call Me Gorgeous..

July 27, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Hian..such an epistle over two words “Married well”…
      Oriegwu!

• Joan85

July 27, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Lol you took the words out of my mouth!
      I need someone to write an article on what “marrying well” means to them. The comments will be epic lol.

• Sky Blue

July 27, 2015 at 2:28 pm

BN already has an article on the topic http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/03/13/oma-marry-well/.

• olu

July 27, 2015 at 1:32 pm

gboro mi d’eleru

• iHeart

July 27, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Bellanaija should make a post of your comment, very poignant comment … lol.

To answer your question: I married well and I am grateful for my husband. Your options C-I capture some of the reasons why I believe I married well. Other reasons include:
      j. He puts me first in EVERYTHING. I know that I matter in every aspect of his/our life together no matter how seemingly inane or mundane.
      k. I look up to him in so many ways
      l. He makes me want to be a better person
      m. He is very selfless and puts my needs above his and this makes me want to do the same all the time
      n. He is an amazing father to our child,
      o. He helps out around the house always. Nothing is beneath him.
      p. We are from different races but he has taken my family as his own, he eats all Nigerian food given to him, not picky and never complains, this makes me put effort into trying to make what he likes to eat. Like baked goods, I have never baked before but have found myself making cheesecake and lemon vanilla cupcakes
      q. He accords everyone with respect, the high powered executives and politicians he relates with in the course of his work and our domestic help, artisans we hire, waiters at restaurants. He does not talk down to or disrespect them.

Above all, he believes strongly in God and that we are all accountable to him for all we do, seen and unseen.

Let me stop here because I could go on and on and on and on ……

• yemi

July 27, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Beht why dont you carry this epistle to your husband. Wetin come concern all of us. Anyhoo back to Dr. Sid. Congrats on marrying well and marrying “UP”

• whatwillbewillbe

July 27, 2015 at 8:09 pm

So sweet. I wish you remain this happy. God bless your family

3. teee

July 27, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Dr Sid really married well.
    like most lagos guys do
    God bless your home anyway..

4. Tari

July 27, 2015 at 1:40 pm

They took to social media to share loving words.

Do they live apart?
    Can’t they share same to each other in person?
    Or by phone?
    Enough of these crappy Internet love. It is not sexy at all, apart from feeding insecurities.

5. ednutey

July 27, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Marry well is indeed relative…attach meaning to ur own marry well! @married well;seems like you really,really deep down want to know what Dr. Sid’s definition is,U can ask him…leave the guy alone to his definition of ‘Marry well’ and stop trying to probe it.Hian!!!!

6. Somborri

July 27, 2015 at 2:27 pm

I’m genuinely happy you both are happy. We need more happy people in the world. That said, I don’t want to ever read about your wahala on the internet o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Na prayer I dey pray o and na beg I dey beg. God bless you both and your little one.

7. @edDREAMZ

July 27, 2015 at 2:58 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    Long and lasting marriage is all i wish them o doubt….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

8. Rosemary

July 27, 2015 at 4:20 pm

marrying well, hmmmmmm, he did not put the wife in the family way before heading for the ALTER, LOL

9. Rosemary

July 27, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Altar

10. Gorgeous

July 27, 2015 at 4:30 pm

That her family has money or she turned out to be more than your expectations considering her family has money. Or you mean both? I am just asking ni o. Let me carry my gele myself before una call me gbegele. kikikikiki.

• tt

July 27, 2015 at 8:00 pm

BN, ur next project shd be ‘dislike button’ abeg, for comments like this one

11. mywifeisfiiiiiiine

July 27, 2015 at 7:32 pm

When a man puts his wife on a pedestal and says he “married well” world people are so mad at him for that. Let me ask you, even if her parents have money, Dr Sid made something out of his life, he is doing what he loves and married to someone he loves; i hope a lot of you can say the same for yourselves. He bought a house before he married her, cars before he married her, traveled the world before he married her, Doctor before he married her, famous before he married her. What exactly are you reading into the comment of married well?

12. jenny

July 27, 2015 at 9:19 pm

she no get belle before marriage maybe dats d meaning

13. Manny

July 28, 2015 at 3:18 am

Marry well might simply mean he is happy with his choice. Why read so much meaning into it